PDA

View Full Version : Any Planet Historians here on The Alamo ?

ROYC75
07-19-2005, 10:54 PM
I went to get a haircut today and the barber asked me a question, After the battle of the Alamo, what happened to it and how did we get it back ?

I mentioned that Santa Anna was sent to do battle at other sites, he was eventually captured at San Jacinto which brought on the Treaty of Velasco. Texas was granted it's independence then..... But did we retake the Alamo before the treaty or after the treaty ? Wasn't the Alamo left empty prior to Sam Houston defeating and capturing Santa Anna ?

Anybody knows for sure ?

CosmicPal
07-19-2005, 11:13 PM
Pee Wee Herman thought his bike might have been there.

Coach
07-19-2005, 11:14 PM
REMEMBER THE ALAMO!!

Miles
07-19-2005, 11:14 PM
I hear the basement is nice.

Frazod
07-19-2005, 11:15 PM
IIRC, the Mexicans abandoned it after the battle. It had certainly been proven useless as a fixed fortification anyway.

ROYC75
07-19-2005, 11:19 PM
IIRC, the Mexicans abandoned it after the battle. It had certainly been proven useless as a fixed fortification anyway.

I was thinking the same, The Mexican govement had claimed the land prior to the alamo and the Texans were trying to gain there independence. Once Santa Anna won the 13 day battle, they pretty much left it as it was heavily damaged and went off to fight other places in need.

I don't believe anything was done to it until after Texas won it's Independence.

ROYC75
07-20-2005, 07:27 AM
Bump for the day crowd ...........

Any help ?