PDA

View Full Version : 8 days until training camp...

Chiefs Pantalones
07-20-2005, 07:37 PM
Will DJ be in camp on time?

I think so.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-20-2005, 08:18 PM
tie!

VonneMarie
07-20-2005, 08:38 PM
He'll be seven minutes late.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-20-2005, 08:42 PM
He'll be seven minutes late.

lol nice :)

milkman
07-20-2005, 08:44 PM
lol nice :)

I love this new name.

I can't stop laughing! ROFL

Your idea?

VonneMarie
07-20-2005, 08:46 PM
I'd also like to know how you got this name.

keg in kc
07-20-2005, 08:46 PM
I hope so. It's impossible to say, though.

the Talking Can
07-20-2005, 08:50 PM
no

Chiefs Pantalones
07-20-2005, 08:52 PM
I love this new name.

I can't stop laughing! ROFL

Your idea?

Thanks. :)

This black guy I go to school with was messing with me on how I go through a lot of girlfriends (unfortunately), and he said to stay away from his sistas', or he will cut off my vanilla thunder. I was rolling ROFL. Anyway, I liked it and was thinking about it, and decided to have Jazzz change it for me. :)

milkman
07-20-2005, 08:57 PM
Thanks. :)

This black guy I go to school with was messing with me on how I go through a lot of girlfriends (unfortunately), and he said to stay away from his sistas', or he will cut off my vanilla thunder. I was rolling ROFL. Anyway, I liked it and was thinking about it, and decided to have Jazzz change it for me. :)

:thumb:

Props to your friend, and props to you for having the balls to use it!

Logical
07-20-2005, 09:07 PM
I have to say I doubt it, but I would be happy if he made it in during the first week of August given Carl's track record.

keg in kc
07-20-2005, 09:12 PM
Carl's track record isn't a much of a concern for me. The fact that no first round pick has signed is what really gives me pause.

Bowser
07-20-2005, 09:20 PM
I voted a cautious yes.

And what keg said. That is a little strange.

UteChief
07-20-2005, 09:26 PM
Heres to hoping. The sooner the better. If he participated in workouts, why not training camp?

Dayze
07-20-2005, 09:30 PM
Yes.

This off season has gone too well for CP not to.
Plus, I think once all /most of the 1st rounders ahead of him are signed, he'll be there at camp; tearing sh*t up.

Mecca
07-21-2005, 02:10 AM
Regarding this, My friend caught 610 some time last week and was telling me about a guy that was on discussing the Chiefs. So I immediatly assume its Teicher but he tells me it's not but he can't remember the guys name.

So anyway I'm informed by my friend, that this guy thinks DJ won't sign till after the 2nd preseason game. So I'm like whoa that would be horrible theres no way he can sign that late.

The according to my friend the guy went on about how DJ "didn't need to be in camp" because the Chiefs wouldn't be using him as a starter anyway.

If any of you guy's happen to know who made this really stupid comment I'd like to know so I can go punch the guy in the face for making that incredibily stupid of a statement.

Since no first rounders are signed this is gonna be tough. Also only being able to pro-rate for 5 years is tough. I'm positive this will be done on time, it's just that this year has so many extra factors the past haven't.

I'd also like to thank Tom Condon, Alex Smith and the 49ers for being incredibly slow and screwing up this whole process god forbid anyone sign early anymore.

keg in kc
07-21-2005, 02:14 AM
I don't remember Teicher saying anything like that when he was on Tuesday. He seemed pretty convinced Johnson was going to have an opportunity to start, IIRC.

Oh goddamn it, I just remembered that 610 premeired a football only show at 6 pm yesterday, with Teicher, Elizabeth Merril and Randy Covitz.

Why do I always remember this shit 9 hours after the goddamn fact. :cuss:

Mecca
07-21-2005, 02:24 AM
It's gotta be Covitz then my friend knows Teichers voice. Making he smoked some crack before that show making a comment like that.

So they now have a show with Teicher who's covered the team so long he's typically negative as hell. Covitz who makes assinine remarks, and Liz Merrell who bores the ever loving piss out of me.

610 is truly the land of boredom who hires these people? I think people from this board could put on a more exciting brand of radio than 610.

I can't take much 810 either the constant "pat myself on the back" attitude that most of the people on there have drives me nuts. Not to mention the constant baseball and "GOLF" talk it's golf.

I mean hey if you like to play golf I'm fine with that but uh please don't discuss it on my radio, ever, thank you. Why don't they just premier the 810 bowling hour while they're at it. They're close with all the nascar and golf chat they do.

And since this is coming up why can't I get any decent coverage of the college football teams I like? Since I happen to not follow the Big 12 that closely. I guess I'm just shit out of luck with my college coverage.I never knew liking teams like Florida and NC State would be so difficult in this area.

See why I don't listen to much sports radio in this town anymore?

keg in kc
07-21-2005, 02:29 AM
I've said it before. I'll flip back and forth if I happen to be up from 6-9 am. Between the two stations I can usually find something. Same at 9. Then at 11 it's Petro on 810, because I hate Rome.

But 2 o'clock. Damn. If I know there's a guest I want to hear coming on, I'll listen. But otherwise, I can't stand "bland and blander" on 610 or "self-aggrandizement theater" on 810.

The night show on 610 isn't too bad, generally.

But man, it's not good. I used to listen all day. Now, not so much.

It could just be because it's summer. Football season, college and pro, changes things.

Mecca
07-21-2005, 02:35 AM
I've said it before. I'll flip back and forth if I happen to be up from 6-9 am. Between the two stations I can usually find something. Same at 9. Then at 11 it's Petro on 810, because I hate Rome.

But 2 o'clock. Damn. If I know there's a guest I want to hear coming on, I'll listen. But otherwise, I can't stand "bland and blander" on 610 or "self-aggrandizement theater" on 810.

The night show on 610 isn't too bad, generally.

But man, it's not good. I used to listen all day. Now, not so much.

It could just be because it's summer. Football season, college and pro, changes things.

I don't like Kstate, Missouri, or Kansas so um college coverage does nothing for me.

I also like Petro but I have an odd sleeping schedule so I usually miss part of his show. If I'm awake I can't handle that Doug Franz guy on 610, Grunhards alright but that Doug guy I want to strangle him.

keg in kc
07-21-2005, 02:37 AM
Yeah, Franz doesn't do much for me either.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-21-2005, 02:42 AM
Is that all-football show at 6pm every night, Kyle?

Mecca
07-21-2005, 02:47 AM
I may listen just to see how many times Teicher says something that makes me go "huh". Or any of them say something that makes me wonder how they got their jobs.

keg in kc
07-21-2005, 02:47 AM
Is that all-football show at 6pm every night, Kyle?I believe they said it was on Wednesday nights.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-21-2005, 02:51 AM
I believe they said it was on Wednesday nights.

Dang it. Thanks, Kyle.

Wish it was every night :)

keg in kc
07-21-2005, 02:52 AM
I just can't wait for camp to start. Nothing is better than August on sports radio, not even the regular season.

Mecca
07-21-2005, 02:54 AM
Dang it. Thanks, Kyle.

Wish it was every night :)

Don't worry in a few weeks we'll get constant football coverage all day everyday, it's not that much longer.

If 810 still talks about the Royals during football season I may fall out of my chair laughing. Just as I did when they aired their "Royals hot stove shows" yes because that Royals offseason is really hot.......

Chiefs Pantalones
07-21-2005, 02:59 AM
I can't wait either, guys. I agree, if they talk Royals I'm gonna puke. But I see why they have to, but hopefully not as much as they did last year.

I believe the Pats opened training camp today, at least the rookies, so it is underway.

It's going to be a great season for us Chiefs fans. I feel great about our chances.

arrowhead20
07-21-2005, 04:08 AM
Kevin Kietzman is the BIGGEST douchebag in KC. Marty Wahl has better insight on sports talk than Kietzman, and hes been in FM radio forever. Its a F@CKING week away from TC, and Kietzman askes Jack Harray what he wants to talk about, and he says GOLF!!!!!
and even though Rhonda Moss gives bullsh*t reports on the Chiefs, at least shes talking about the CHiefs this close to the season.
I just wish the local universities could straighten their act up so we dont have to hear about some stupid scandal every 2 weeks, because when something comes up, it stays up for like 2 weeks straight, and the entire listening audience has to suffer.
My buddy and I want to start up a strictly Chiefs radio show, because we could both care less about the intricasies of the Royals, or College Sports.
one last thing.... 810, BBQ is not sports talk, niether is talking about college scandals, or your alma mater Gay state. how is that for UNBELIEVABLE(Kietzman catch phrase), ya F$CKIN F@GS, all of you

Mecca
07-21-2005, 04:42 AM
Kevin Kietzman is the BIGGEST douchebag in KC. Marty Wahl has better insight on sports talk than Kietzman, and hes been in FM radio forever. Its a F@CKING week away from TC, and Kietzman askes Jack Harray what he wants to talk about, and he says GOLF!!!!!
and even though Rhonda Moss gives bullsh*t reports on the Chiefs, at least shes talking about the CHiefs this close to the season.
I just wish the local universities could straighten their act up so we dont have to hear about some stupid scandal every 2 weeks, because when something comes up, it stays up for like 2 weeks straight, and the entire listening audience has to suffer.
My buddy and I want to start up a strictly Chiefs radio show, because we could both care less about the intricasies of the Royals, or College Sports.
one last thing.... 810, BBQ is not sports talk, niether is talking about college scandals, or your alma mater Gay state. how is that for UNBELIEVABLE(Kietzman catch phrase), ya F$CKIN F@GS, all of you

I wanna be on the all Chiefs show........ Oh yes I agree the BBQ segment is f'n stupid. I think we have all figured out by now Kevin Kietzman is Jack Harrys little mini me spawn it's really scary to listen to them.

keg in kc
07-21-2005, 05:04 AM
Kevin Kietzman is the BIGGEST douchebag in KC. Marty Wahl has better insight on sports talk than Kietzman, and hes been in FM radio forever. I don't know about that. Wahl may be the most bland host of a sports radio show that I've ever heard. Ironically, the only guy who's even in his league of dullness is Neil Jones. And I'm sorry, but the "I'm the fan, he's the sports guy" shtick may be the worst thing I've ever heard on the radio. I don't want a "fan" on the air during the afternoon drive, at least not a "fan" in the sense that Wahl is: a complete moron who doesn't know anything about sports, and is apparently quite proud of that fact.

The only reason they can even compete with 810 on my dial is Kietzman's group of cohorts. Danny Clinkscale is like fingernails on a chalkboard; he's the other end of the spectrum from Wahl - the arrogant know-it-all compared to Wahl's unabashed ignorance of anything pertinent. And Jack Harry is even worse than "Clinker".

Man, thinking about 2 pm sports radio in KC is getting me all depressed again.

Mecca
07-21-2005, 05:23 AM
The fan stuff Wahl does is really really horrible. I remember them doing Chiefs reports during OTA's and him just going off about how he doesn't give a crap about them. I wanted to punch him because you know some of us do care. Of course this is the same guy who talks about his Royals season tickets like having them when they're bad makes him this stand out guy.

Clinkscale(or however you spell his name) gives me that real arrogant jackass vibe. I believe he's from the east coast, and he fits the east coast stereotype to a T for me.

The only person in the whole market who I really enjoy is Petro and he is still extremely baseball heavy right now. The whole sports radio scene here is just really horrible we are in need of some new blood on the air badly.

The hope of that on 810 isn't good since Keitzman is a part owner of that station. His boring bland ass and all his cronies are going to be around for years. Keitzman is going to be Jack Harrys age still on the radio spouting about nothing and patting himself on the back.