PDA

View Full Version : River Falls update

Scanfan55
07-21-2005, 10:18 AM
So, all my tickets are purchased and reservations made. Can the time go any quicker? Anyone ever stayed at the Country Inn in River Falls?

Mr. Kotter
07-21-2005, 10:20 AM
So, all my tickets are purchased and reservations made. Can the time go any quicker? Anyone ever stayed at the Country Inn in River Falls?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119759

Here's another thread I started.....when are you gonna be there?

chagrin
07-21-2005, 10:21 AM
God that picture is aweful

Scanfan55
07-21-2005, 10:23 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119759

Here's another thread I started.....when are you gonna be there?

I am there from July 31 through August 7.

Mr. Kotter
07-21-2005, 10:26 AM
I am there from July 31 through August 7.

In the other thread, some of us are gonna get together August 6 or 7....we'll keep you in mind. :thumb:

Mecca
07-21-2005, 10:28 AM
When he falls asleep, staple a picture of Scanlon to his forehead then take a picture and post it on the planet..........

KChiefs1
07-21-2005, 10:33 AM
We'll be at the Country Inn Suites in River Falls on August 5th & 6th....first time for us there too.

Scanfan55
07-21-2005, 10:39 AM
We'll be at the Country Inn Suites in River Falls on August 5th & 6th....first time for us there too.

Last year I stayed in Hudson... decided to forego the back and forth and stay in town.

KC Dan
07-21-2005, 11:04 AM
Yeah, I stayed there four years ago. It was fine. I enjoyed my stay and the local restaurants and people were great.

The Bad Guy
07-21-2005, 11:19 AM
I'm staying at the Super 8 in Hudson. It was the only hotel available in the area.

Don't know how good it is, but it's a room and that's all I care about.

KChiefs1
07-21-2005, 11:22 AM
Last year I stayed in Hudson... decided to forego the back and forth and stay in town.

No women with us this time so it's our first time staying in River Falls(no MofA thank God! :clap: )...just a couple guys & a 12 year old. Probably hangout around practice & downtown. :)

Any suggestion from people who have stayed in River Falls on what to do before & after the practices? :hmmm:

KC Dan
07-21-2005, 11:29 AM
Any suggestion from people who have stayed in River Falls on what to do before & after the practices? :hmmm:
There is only eatin' and drinkin' to do in River Falls. You could probably head to the Mall of America and find things to do in Minneapolis. It is about 30-45 min drive away. That is what I did. It is pretty dead in River Falls though.

chagrin
07-21-2005, 11:32 AM
When he falls asleep, staple a picture of Scanlon to his forehead then take a picture and post it on the planet..........

ROFL

DTLB58
07-21-2005, 01:02 PM
There is only eatin' and drinkin' to do in River Falls. You could probably head to the Mall of America and find things to do in Minneapolis. It is about 30-45 min drive away. That is what I did. It is pretty dead in River Falls though.

OH NO, Don't leave the area! Go over to the dorms and get player autographs. You will get a lot more there than at the signing session at Family fun night.

tomahawk kid
07-21-2005, 01:35 PM
No women with us this time so it's our first time staying in River Falls(no MofA thank God! :clap: )...just a couple guys & a 12 year old. Probably hangout around practice & downtown. :)

Hit the following spots in River Falls -

1. Bo's N Mine - Great burgers. Good lunch spot.

2. Steve's Pizza - Also great for lunch or dinner

3. Coach's - Good place to grab some brews after the evening practice.

Saulbadguy
07-21-2005, 02:30 PM
The country inn is kind of a dive. It has clean rooms, but no amnetities, and LOUD clunky air conditioners (that work...but just work loud).

TRR
07-21-2005, 03:29 PM
I always stay in Hudson. There's really nothing in River Falls worth while other than Chiefs camp. I like to do more than just hit the KC camp, so River Falls isn't an option for me. Hudson is only about 15 minutes from KC camp.

One of my favorite things to do is to drive up to Sumerset (which is about 20 minutes from Hudson), and go tubbing. You can take a 12 pack, grab a tube and float down the Apple River for a good 2 hours. It's pretty cheap, and the town is lined with tubbing shops. There is even a place to stop and pick up some beer about an hour in.

Other than that, Steve's Pizza is great in River Falls, San Pedro Cafe and Cabin Fever is a must for restaurants in Hudson.

The Mall of America is also a great place to go. I've found a couple of sports shops in the Mall of America that know KC fans are coming into town. I picked up a replica Tony Gonzalez jersey last summer for $19.99 at one of the stores. It's a fun time.

I'll be headed up from August 8th - 12th. I usually go earlier, but got great tickets for the KC Vs Vikes Preseason game on the 12th.

Scanfan55
07-21-2005, 04:09 PM
The country inn is kind of a dive. It has clean rooms, but no amnetities, and LOUD clunky air conditioners (that work...but just work loud).

It can't be worse than the Days Inn I stayed in in Hudson last year.

Note: if you're a parent, kids are tres cool, but PLEASE don't entertain your children by allowing them to run up and down the hallway in front of my hotel room door. Thank you.

Saulbadguy
07-21-2005, 05:18 PM

Note: if you're a parent, kids are tres cool, but PLEASE don't entertain your children by allowing them to run up and down the hallway in front of my hotel room door. Thank you.
Just open the door and trip them, and then close your door. Works every time.

chiefs4me
07-21-2005, 05:20 PM

With that comment about children, you are just asking for it...:harumph:

I think I will give it to you....ROFL

rocks
07-21-2005, 05:59 PM
The Country Inn is really just a place to sleep! I have stayed there the last 3 years and it is ok. Last year the "Pool" was as green as grass! It is a guy trip for us so we go to practice and then to the local park and throw the ball around. Each year we have been able to eat & have a few drinks with some Chiefs at Coach's(?). Last year we had drinks with Wesley and Warfield! Everyone is really nice and it is a blast. We did Family fun night a few years ago and it sucked. One of the days we always go into Minni and eat lunch at Hooters.

Phobia
07-21-2005, 07:27 PM
As of this moment, there is a Training Camp ChiefsPlanet gear promotion. If you're attending training camp and are already on record as planning a trip to River Falls, your future ChiefsPlanet purchase will be discounted 15% through Aug 15th. Simply use the code Training Camp on the form and figure your own discount. Merchandise discount only.

Mr. Kotter
07-21-2005, 07:54 PM
... we always go into Minni and eat lunch at Hooters.

Mini-Hooters?

No thanks. :shake:

rocks
07-21-2005, 08:05 PM
No rides from me, I could hardly walk! If I would have only known!! Mini Hooters, Some Mini some Maxi, I likes'em all!

rocks
07-21-2005, 08:08 PM
ROFL