PDA

View Full Version : Best NFL division for running backs...

DJJasonp
07-22-2005, 03:40 PM
Don Banks (the newest idiot) of CNNSI boldly states that the AFC East has the best collection of running backs in the NFL.

I respectfully disagree....

EAST> Dillon, Martin, McGahee, (MIA's RB...williams or the draft pick)

WEST> Holmes, Tomlinson, Bell/Droughns, Jordan

Jordan and MIA's RB is close to a wash...maybe edge to MIA
McGahee and Bell....maybe edge to BUFF...but very close
Holmes and Tomlinson are on another level way above Dillon and Martin.

Thoughts?

bobbything
07-22-2005, 03:47 PM
Holmes and Tomlinson are on another level way above Dillon and Martin.
Didn't Curtis Martin lead the league in rushing last season? In fact, I think he's in the top 10 in rushing yards and rushing TD's of all time.

DJJasonp
07-22-2005, 03:50 PM
good point, but take martin/dillon and holmes/tomlinson....and you could pick two for your team....

Wouldnt you pick holmes and Tomlinson before either dillon or martin?

Mr. Laz
07-22-2005, 03:50 PM
i agree... the afc west is better

afc west and afc east are prolly #1 and #2

bobbything
07-22-2005, 03:53 PM
I would probably pick Tomlinson over any of the other four. With having to flip a coin between Holmes and Martin. When healthy, I'll take Holmes because he gets you 100 total yards and 1-2 TD's per game. But, the dude who won our league last season had Martin.

Tough to say. I'm going to have to make some tough decisions come draft day.

StcChief
07-22-2005, 05:22 PM
Tough call.
AFCE Dillon/Martin
AFCW LTomlinson / Holmes(LJohnson)

Ralphy Boy
07-22-2005, 05:34 PM
WEST> Holmes, Tomlinson, Bell/Droughns, Jordan

Thoughts?

I have a thought, didn't Droughns go to Cleveland in a trade.

Rausch
07-22-2005, 05:37 PM
Didn't Curtis Martin lead the league in rushing last season? In fact, I think he's in the top 10 in rushing yards and rushing TD's of all time.

So is Jerome Bettis, but that don't make him a top 5 RB today.

Over the last 4 years Tomlinson and Holmes are easily the top 2 RB's in the league. Both can catch the ball, run, score TD's, and block. Complete backs.

And outside of Martin the rest of the HB's in that division don't even come close.

Thig Lyfe
07-22-2005, 05:48 PM
good point, but take martin/dillon and holmes/tomlinson....and you could pick two for your team....

Wouldnt you pick holmes and Tomlinson before either dillon or martin?

But Corey Dillon is teh dominate, you moran looser.

HemiEd
07-22-2005, 05:57 PM
i agree... the afc west is better

afc west and afc east are prolly #1 and #2

Laz knows best!

this time

TRR
07-22-2005, 05:58 PM
If given the chance, I think Larry Johnson would be considered one of the elite backs in the NFL as well. He may not have Holmes scoring ability (nobody does) but in another season or two, he will be a RB to watch.

DJJasonp
07-22-2005, 07:54 PM
But Corey Dillon is teh dominate, you moran looser.

Read your sentence (and spelling) again and maybe you'll change your mind in who the moron/loser (one 'o') is.

If what you were trying to say is that Dillon is the most dominate RB in the group....

Check the stats over the last few years....you're wrong.

TRR
07-22-2005, 07:56 PM
Read your sentence (and spelling) again and maybe you'll change your mind in who the moron/loser (one 'o') is.

If what you were trying to say is that Dillon is the most dominate RB in the group....

I think he was joking...Relax.

DJJasonp
07-22-2005, 07:58 PM
sorry!

no worries!

Fat Elvis
07-22-2005, 08:04 PM

Damn n00b. Get a clue. Your grammer sucks (ending a sentence with "is"), and then you don't know how to spell moran and looser on the Planet.

Those spellings are correct, BTW. You must think you're a friggin' genious or sumptin.

DJJasonp
07-22-2005, 08:12 PM
I get it....sarcasm!

All good! u da man

headsnap
07-22-2005, 08:24 PM
Damn n00b. Get a clue. Your grammer sucks (ending a sentence with "is"), and then you don't know how to spell moran and looser on the Planet.

Those spellings are correct, BTW. You must think you're a friggin' genious or sumptin.

ROFL:clap:

LiL stumppy
07-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Droughns or what ever his name is is with the browns.