PDA

View Full Version : Pick your EIGHT all-time greatest Chiefs from this list. Round 2, Part 1

Rain Man
07-22-2005, 05:45 PM
Pick EIGHT players from this list. The top eight scoring players will move on to the final round.

You may enter the ballot booth now.

(FYI, this will be a three-part series, which will include the top five vote-getters from each of the ten Round 1 polls, PLUS an additional 12 players who received 5 percent or more of the Round 1 voting and yet didn't finish in the top 5.)

Chiefs Hall of Fame: http://www.kcchiefs.com/hall_of_fame/

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-22-2005, 05:55 PM
ooops.... I voted for nine. I'm a damn no good counting idiot. Dante was my ninth. You can take a vote away from him if you'd like.

Rain Man
07-22-2005, 05:57 PM
Bobby Bell, Jim Tyrer, Derrick Thomas, and Albert Lewis were my four no-brainers, and Ed Budde wasn't too far behind. Holub came in at #6.

My last two were more difficult. After a lot of thought, I picked Gary Green and Stephone Paige over Christian Okoye and Dale Carter.

Rain Man
07-22-2005, 05:58 PM
Dang. I missed Stenerud. I should've voted for him over Paige.

chefsos
07-22-2005, 06:02 PM
Dang. I missed Stenerud. I should've voted for him over Paige.
Bitch at the guy who made the list.ROFL

HemiEd
07-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Albert Lewis, Jan Stenerud, E.J. Holub, Jim Tyrer, DT, Stephone Paige, Ed Budde, Bobby Bell.

Tuff cut to make, but only eight.

Rain Man
07-22-2005, 06:05 PM
Bitch at the guy who made the list.ROFL

As if he could figure it out anyway if I insulted him...

chefsos
07-22-2005, 06:10 PM
As if he could figure it out anyway if I insulted him...

Just call him Nam Niar. If you look closely, you'll see his face is on backwards, too!

go bo
07-22-2005, 06:17 PM
(FYI, this will be a three-part series, which will include the top five vote-getters from each of the ten Round 1 polls, PLUS an additional 12 players who received 5 percent or more of the Round 1 voting and yet didn't finish in the top 5.)
* * * does this mean johnny robinson will be in this round?

if not, you should make an executive decision and add him anyway...

his not being in the top 5 of his list while podalak is, is a travesty... :( :( :(

chagrin
07-22-2005, 06:27 PM
I fugged up and only voted for 3, DOH! But they should be, in no particular order,for me:
Derrick Thomas
Bobby Bell
Ed Budde
Jim tyrer
Kimble Anders
Jan
Dave Szott
Sherrill Headrick

FloridaChief
07-22-2005, 07:05 PM
Anyone who doesn't vote for Bobby Bell is a damn dummy. Even dumber than Skip Towne.

Yeah...Skip Towne...what an asshat.

chefsos
07-22-2005, 07:27 PM
Stenerud, Holub, DT, Okoye, Bell, Tyrer, Lewis, Marshall.

a) Marshall was a pretty good receiver on a lot of pretty wretched teams.
b) I'm thinking Dante was absolutely the greatest Chief I ever saw...for 4 games.
c) Budde may have been better than Tyrer, but in my mind, after all this time, they're almost the same guy. Y'know, BuddeTyrer.
d) I have an unreasonable, almost destuctive, ambivalence toward Maas. Eh.

Logical
07-22-2005, 08:09 PM
My vote is not that big a deal, but I must say I am dissappointed that Tyrer and Budde are behind Okoye especially that far. Okoye had a nice career here, but nothing that comes close to the 10+ All pro years each of those two gave the Chiefs.

Stephone Paige having 12 votes while those two have only 10 is just insane.

milkman
07-22-2005, 08:11 PM
My vote is not that big a deal, but I must say I am dissappointed that Tyrer and Budde are behind Okoye especially that far. Okoye had a nice career here, but nothing that comes close to the 10+ All pro years each of those two gave the Chiefs.

We can only try to educate.
But we gotta let these kids fly on their own.

Problem is, they just keep hitting the ground.

old_geezer
07-22-2005, 08:23 PM
does this mean johnny robinson will be in this round?

if not, you should make an executive decision and add him anyway...

his not being in the top 5 of his list while podalak is, is a travesty... :( :( :(

DITTO :clap:

Dartgod
07-22-2005, 08:47 PM
ooops.... I voted for nine.
That's ok. We already knew you had no integrity.

chiefs4me
07-22-2005, 08:59 PM
It's a good that you let me pick 8 because there is no way I could only choose 5...

my picks...

Lewis,A
Stenerud,J
Bell,B
Budd,E
Thomas,D:(
Paige,S
Hall,D
Okoye,C

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
07-22-2005, 09:49 PM
looks like a tight race between Paige,Tyer, Hall, and Szott for the eighth spot. How long is this poll open?

Digital Takawira
07-23-2005, 01:58 AM
albert lewis
jan stenerud
dante hall
kimble anders
derrick thomas
stephone paige
christian okoye
bobby bell

patteeu
07-23-2005, 06:48 AM
Bobby Bell
Derrick Thomas
Albert Lewis
Jim Tyrer
EJ Holub
Jan Stenerud
Ed Budde
Dale Carter

Phobia
07-23-2005, 07:18 AM

Stephone Paige having 12 votes while those two have only 10 is just insane.

Yeah. I'm a youngster comparitavely but I voted for Tyrer and Budde while leaving Okoye off. At least the vote for Bobby Bell is nearly unanimous.

Brock
07-23-2005, 09:03 AM
I'm puzzled why anyone would vote for Bill Maas.

patteeu
07-23-2005, 12:02 PM
I thought DT's capabilities tailed off considerably his last couple of seasons, but anyone who doesn't think he belongs in the top 8 of this list shouldn't really be voting.

I can understand if some of the younger fans don't know how much of a lock Bobby Bell and Albert Lewis should be, but you have to be real young to be unaware of Derrick Thomas.

ct
07-23-2005, 12:31 PM
Albert Lewis
Jan Stenerud
Kimble Anders
Jim Tyrer
DT
Stephone Paige
Christian Okoye
Bobby Bell

patteeu
07-23-2005, 01:39 PM
Bobby Bell, Jim Tyrer, Derrick Thomas, and Albert Lewis were my four no-brainers, and Ed Budde wasn't too far behind. Holub came in at #6.

My last two were more difficult. After a lot of thought, I picked Gary Green and Stephone Paige over Christian Okoye and Dale Carter.

What's your rationale for picking Gary Green over 4-time pro-bowler Dale Carter? Carter was the last guy on my list of 8, but Green wasn't one of the guys he was competing with to get there. Maybe I'm missing something about Green.

chagrin
07-23-2005, 01:53 PM
I'm puzzled why anyone would vote for Bill Maas.

He's an outstanding Broadcaster and his football insight is as prolific as Howard Cossell

Zebedee DuBois
07-24-2005, 05:02 PM
I went with
Stenerud
Holub
Condon
Tyrer
Thomas, D
Okoye
Budde
Bell

Feeling the love for the o-linemen today. I don't know that Okoye should go farther than this round, but he helped me get excited about the Chiefs.

PHOG
07-24-2005, 07:11 PM
Ohh, eight as in (8) one after 7 and one before 9? :doh!: :banghead:

I only voted for 5 because I was looking forward to this 2nd round so much that I didn't read the instructions first. :spock:

Next time I will be better prepared. :huh:

Rain Man
07-24-2005, 07:45 PM
What's your rationale for picking Gary Green over 4-time pro-bowler Dale Carter? Carter was the last guy on my list of 8, but Green wasn't one of the guys he was competing with to get there. Maybe I'm missing something about Green.

It's close, but Green was a three-time pro bowler on a weak team without a strong bookend cornerback, and to be honest, he got a bit of a boost from me because I figured that he wouldn't get the respect he deserves.

patteeu
07-25-2005, 09:01 AM
It's close, but Green was a three-time pro bowler on a weak team without a strong bookend cornerback, and to be honest, he got a bit of a boost from me because I figured that he wouldn't get the respect he deserves.

Wow, I didn't realize that Green made the probowl 3 times. I remember that he was one of the good players on those bad teams, but I didn't realize he had that much success.

Rain Man
07-25-2005, 09:28 AM
Wow, I didn't realize that Green made the probowl 3 times. I remember that he was one of the good players on those bad teams, but I didn't realize he had that much success.

I'm basing that fact on this site more than my own memory, because I can't recall. Green actually made four pro bowls according to this, but his fourth was with the Rams.

I have a feeling he's not going to get the additional 70 votes he needs to make the finals, though.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/GreeGa01.htm

Gary Green
Defensive Back
Born: 1955
4-time Pro Bowler: 1981, 1982, 1983, 1985

+-----------------------------------+
| Year TM |
+-----------------------------------+
| 1977 Kansas City Chiefs |
| 1978 Kansas City Chiefs |
| 1979 Kansas City Chiefs |
| 1980 Kansas City Chiefs |