PDA

View Full Version : To Sunday Ticket or not to Sunday Ticket, that is the question...

JimNasium
07-23-2005, 07:34 AM
Last year I really didn't get enough use out of it to warrant the expense. Now that I have local channels I can watch the games in digital unless the local station has a conflict between the Lambs and Chiefs, then I would have to rely on them to make the right choice. I'm torn on what to do. Is anyone else struggling with this decision?

carlos3652
07-23-2005, 07:45 AM
Is the juice worth the squeeze....

You have a 50/50 chance every sunday that they play at the same time..., you will need to see what games conflict (time 12/3) and then determine what weeks you will have both playing at the same time...

Those will be the Sundays you will need to worry about... if they play more than 10 at the same time, I would recommend getting ST only because you will probably miss 1/2 of those games... if they only play 4 games @ the same time its not worth it...

It really depends on you...

dirk digler
07-23-2005, 07:45 AM
It is an easy decision for me. The only reason I changed to DirectTV last year was because of Sunday Ticket.

Just curious why there would be a conflict between the Rams and Chiefs? Is Springfield considered local for KC or St Louis?

JimNasium
07-23-2005, 07:47 AM
Is the juice worth the squeeze....

You have a 50/50 chance every sunday that they play at the same time..., you will need to see what games conflict (time 12/3) and then determine what weeks you will have both playing at the same time...

Those will be the Sundays you will need to worry about... if they play more than 10 at the same time, I would recommend getting ST only because you will probably miss 1/2 of those games... if they only play 4 games @ the same time its not worth it...

It really depends on you...
The only times I have to worry about those games that are on at the same time is when an NFC team is visiting us and the Lambs are playing an NFC team. This used to not be an issue until the Lambs won that freaking Super Bowl. Now the local Fox station chooses them over KC. :banghead: :cuss:

dirk digler
07-23-2005, 07:52 AM
The only times I have to worry about those games that are on at the same time is when an NFC team is visiting us and the Lambs are playing an NFC team. This used to not be an issue until the Lambs won that freaking Super Bowl. Now the local Fox station chooses them over KC. :banghead: :cuss:

Now I understand.

The only conflicts I see is Oct 2.

The Chiefs play at noon vs Eagles and the Rams play at the Giants.

carlos3652
07-23-2005, 08:00 AM
Now I understand.

The only conflicts I see is Oct 2.

The Chiefs play at noon vs Eagles and the Rams play at the Giants.

You would think they would choose the KC game vs the SB team... or they might go with ELI....

Who knows???

dirk digler
07-23-2005, 08:05 AM
You would think they would choose the KC game vs the SB team... or they might go with ELI....

Who knows???

I would think KC vs Eagles would be the matchup people would really want to see.

Mosbonian
07-23-2005, 08:19 AM
Jim:

I had to make the same decision this year....and it was a no-brainer for me. The only reason to have Sunday Ticket for me was to have all my games in one range of channels. But thanks to the agreement last year, everytime the local channel carried the game it was blacked out on Sunday Ticket.

I decided that it wasn't worth the expense to invest in Sunday Ticket since I could probably see all the games on the local channels. If, for some wild reason the Chiefs game isn't on the local I'll just head over to the new Sports bar they put in over at the Holiday Inn...

mmaddog

RedandGold
07-23-2005, 09:11 AM
This was a choice that I had to make this year, and it was a pretty simple one. Since DirecTV decided to black out the games that were being shown locally (Chiefs), it wasn't worth the $200 to watch the rest of the league play.

Personally, I will get more enjoyment out of spending that money on a trip to Arrowhead with my wife this fall.

Saulbadguy
07-23-2005, 09:12 AM
Don't do it. You'd be raising Skips stock!

|Zach|
07-23-2005, 09:45 AM
All the cool kids are doing it.

But if you are too chicken its no big deal. [/middle school baiting]

StcChief
07-23-2005, 09:55 AM
The lineup on TV local market between KC and Lambs
makes this a year to JUST SAY NO.

Conflict 1 game? go to Chiefs bar if they don't show it.

dirk digler
07-23-2005, 10:08 AM
I think it really depends on if you just care about the Chiefs/Rams games or do you like to watch all of the games. For me I like watching all of the games so it is worth to me.

jspchief
07-23-2005, 10:20 AM
I'll be getting the Ticket, even though I'll be watching half the games at Arrowhead, and the other half at my favorite sports bar. It will allow my wife to watch all of her Donkey games at home, plus I can Tivo all the Chiefs games to rewatch later in the week.

I just look at it as a $10 per game expense. Certainly worth it to me.

Bowser
07-23-2005, 10:24 AM
I'll be getting the Ticket, even though I'll be watching half the games at Arrowhead, and the other half at my favorite sports bar. It will allow my wife to watch all of her Donkey games at home, plus I can Tivo all the Chiefs games to rewatch later in the week.

I just look at it as a $10 per game expense. Certainly worth it to me.

That is one skinny broad in your avi.

jspchief
07-23-2005, 10:27 AM
That is one skinny broad in your avi.That's how I like 'em :thumb:

Calcountry
07-23-2005, 10:28 AM
Last year I really didn't get enough use out of it to warrant the expense. Now that I have local channels I can watch the games in digital unless the local station has a conflict between the Lambs and Chiefs, then I would have to rely on them to make the right choice. I'm torn on what to do. Is anyone else struggling with this decision?Insurance is a good thing, when it assures me of being able to watch the Chiefs.

DTLB58
07-23-2005, 11:31 AM
As the season gets closer and closer I know I will HAVE to have it.

My local affiliate here will probably show most of the games but the ones they don't I would just go nuts not watching the Chiefs.

Besides, we are fantasy football nuts here and LOVE to watch EVERY NFL game. :) :clap: :thumb: :D :toast: PBJ

Let the games begin!

Herzig
07-23-2005, 01:50 PM
It will allow my wife to watch all of her Donkey games at home, plus I can Tivo all the Chiefs games to rewatch later in the week.

I see Divorce in your future.