PDA

View Full Version : "Chatted" with a Brownco's fan last nite

Megbert
07-24-2005, 04:38 PM
I went to a party with my GF lastnite. Walking through the house I saw a couple Broncos hats, an autographed broncos postcard and so on. I realised I had just entered the den of the enemy. Anyways this guy found out I was a Chiefs fan and he basically blamed a Chief for ending Terrel Davis' career due to a cheap shot. I don't remember the specific play, mainly it sounded like this guy had some sand in his 'gina. We tried to talk FB a bit after that but he walked away before I could say the two words I wanted to "Jake Plummer" followed by a maniacal laugh and then mention left handed passes. Oh well. Later in the night some dude showed up wearing a Raiders Shirt. I fought the urge to just point and laugh. Mainly due to the fact he was twice as big as me.

CosmicPal
07-24-2005, 04:44 PM
That' nuthin' I LIVE in enemy territory.

alanm
07-24-2005, 05:54 PM
Shhhhhh... We were inserted covertly. It's all part of the master plan. :)

chagrin
07-24-2005, 06:23 PM
If I remember correctly, the play where terrell went down, at least the initial injury to his knee happened when He was one of his "one cut" runs to the left and Matt Lepsis fell and rolled over his leg. It was Lepsis running too close to Terrell that caused it. He was a rookie that year and wasn't even considered "starting" material (like he would anywhere else anyway). They showed the play over and over and even the announcers blamed Lepsis but excused his neglegence because "it's part of the game" the risk of it all. He felt bad and Terrell was hugging him later and all that. Anyway, Lepsis looked very out of place on that play and shouldn't have been where he was, too close.

Of ocurse, if for some reason I memory does not serve me on this, my apologies (it fades from time to time) but I was watching that game pretty close.

chagrin
07-24-2005, 06:24 PM
Being a CHIEFS fan living in Colorado is nothing compared to being an Avalanche fan in Detroit, moving there in the year, right after Claude rearranged Draper's face.
I say that because I lived in Colorado also and frequented a few bars where on Sundays they had there front doors marked with a big sign, "Broncos Fans Only, enter at your own risk" tyring to be all scary. I hung out in my CHIEFS gear and nobody did a damn thing, ever. Detroit however, I more than a few "incidents".

keg in kc
07-24-2005, 06:25 PM
"Chatted with a browncows fan?" Is that like some new catchphrase code for "I ripped a huge fart while I was taking a dump"?

Spott
07-24-2005, 07:41 PM
TD blew out his knee in game 4 of the 99 season vs the Jets. I think that Denver fan must have been thinking about the play from 96 when Dale Carter laid a cheap shot to the knees on a Denver CB back when he was playing both WR and CB. I don't remember the CB's name for Denver, but the Broncos turned around and signed Dale to a big contract a couple of years later.

WebGem
07-24-2005, 07:43 PM
You didn't burn down the house?

Skip Towne
07-24-2005, 07:48 PM
Hey, I offered you political asylum and a new identity but you chose to stay in Denver. I think you like living there. I'm keeping an eye on you.

Rain Man
07-24-2005, 07:53 PM
Terrell Davis' knee was blown out by Matt Lepsis while chasing down an interception or fumble return.

If a Bron cos fan doesn't know that, he's as stupid as a ... a Bron cos fan.

Megbert
07-24-2005, 07:55 PM
You didn't burn down the house?

Nah I am well beyond my pyromaniac tendencies.

Digital Takawira
07-25-2005, 01:40 AM
Nah I am well beyond my pyromaniac tendencies.

sir, this goes beyond any anti-social behavior you may think you are over. this is your duty as a chiefs fan to burn the place to steaming pile of rubble and then piss on the burning embers. you then creep up behind the raiders fan, slit his throat, and then laugh at the sweet irony that as he dies his beloved black raiders shirt is soaked in red.

chagrin
07-25-2005, 06:50 AM
Don't forget to pee on his shirt

Dark Horse
07-25-2005, 01:21 PM
Did you remember to speak slowly and use short sentences