PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather have on the roster?

Hammock Parties
07-25-2005, 11:03 PM
Poll forthcoming.

go bo
07-25-2005, 11:14 PM
i voted for gaz cause i always pull for the old guys...

go bo
07-25-2005, 11:19 PM
regarding woods or bartee, i dunno...

which one would save us the most cap space?

we should be able to tell in training camp whether bartee can play safety better than he did cb...

he actually might be a pretty good safety, but we'll have to wait and see...

Rausch
07-25-2005, 11:21 PM
There is no single player on our team I want gone more than Bartee.

No one.

KCChiefsMan
07-25-2005, 11:22 PM
I'll take Woods over Bartee any day. Woods had a bad year last year recovering from an injury, maybe he'll produce this year and maybe he won't. Bartee has been absolute $hit since day 1

Hammock Parties
07-25-2005, 11:29 PM
I'll take Woods over Bartee any day. Woods had a bad year last year recovering from an injury, maybe he'll produce this year and maybe he won't. Bartee has been absolute $hit since day 1

He was fully recovered from that injury.

el borracho
07-25-2005, 11:51 PM
I would rather Bartee earn the job. Woods seems to be showing his age. Of course if they both suck I would have no problem looking somewhere else for safety help.

Hammock Parties
07-25-2005, 11:53 PM
I think there's a real good chance both of them make it. Bartee is supposed to be lining up at strong safety last I heard.

Fishpicker
07-26-2005, 12:24 AM
bartee has always been a weak spot in the secondary. I dont see him being a successful SS conversion since he would have to learn the position from scratch.

Woods should stay on the roster. if the chiefs rotated knight/woods/wesley they could cut down on fatigue and the risk of being burnt deep.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
07-26-2005, 12:25 AM
Woods is done, he played a full season before last season. Plus he doesn't play ST like Bartee does.

Mr. Kotter
07-26-2005, 12:28 AM
bartee has always been a weak spot in the secondary. I dont see him being a successful SS conversion since he would have to learn the position from scratch.

Woods should stay on the roster. if the chiefs rotated knight/woods/wesley they could cut down on fatigue and the risk of being burnt deep.

We do have Rich Scanlon now....

Hammock Parties
07-26-2005, 12:37 AM

Bartee played safety in college.

Rausch
07-26-2005, 12:38 AM
Woods is done, he played a full season before last season. Plus he doesn't play ST like Bartee does.

I don't think Bartee could even be competitive at a game of falling down at an old folks home. Somehow, he'd **** it up...

Rausch
07-26-2005, 12:39 AM
We do have Rich Scanlon now....

I'd prefer him in our secondary over Bartee...

jspchief
07-26-2005, 06:08 AM
Tough choice.

At one time, I would have said Woods without blinking. But he was so horrible last year, I have a hard time believing it's something he can get back. I really think the game has passed him by, especially if he can't keep his position after spending the off-season with a speed trainer.

On the other hand, Bartee has been dismal his entire career. The only bright spot is he is a solid tackler and plays the run pretty well. I think putting him at safety is long overdue, and it's the spot where he has the best chance to succeed. Only problem being, I'm not sure he's earned any more chances. I'm of the mindset that it's time to move into the new generation of Chiefs D, and part that is giving up on these bums that we keep hanging on to.

nmt1
07-26-2005, 06:09 AM
Bartee has two advantages over Woods. Age and special teams play. That being said, I think both will be on the roster.

StcChief
07-26-2005, 07:40 AM
Burntee even at Safety.
I'd rather have Woods a good vet player. If he's still got a motor and some speed.

Rain Man
07-26-2005, 07:47 AM
I can't believe that anyone is picking Bartee. It's not like he can still be considered young or anything; this will be his sixth season in the league, I think, and still looking for his first interception.

I'm not a huge fan of Woods, but this vote shouldn't even be close.

HemiEd
07-26-2005, 07:58 AM
Woods, that was an easy choice for me. He has proven that has the ability to perform, Bartee, nope.

Chiefnj
07-26-2005, 08:07 AM
The team has more guys able to play SS than FS. Knight is a SS, Wesley is really a SS, Woods has slowed down a bit and is probably a better SS at this point in his career. Bartee probably has the speed to be a FS, so I'd have to reluctantly give him the nod.

Coogs
07-26-2005, 08:19 AM
Bartee. Woods was terrible last season. Cut Woods. Use the money to sign Law. Secondary would be much improved.

Mr. Kotter
07-26-2005, 08:24 AM
Bartee. Woods was terrible last season. Cut Woods. Use the money to sign Law. Secondary would be much improved.

Concise, accurate, and to the point. :thumb:

jspchief
07-26-2005, 08:31 AM
Bartee. Woods was terrible last season. Cut Woods. Use the money to sign Law. Secondary would be much improved.Cutting Woods would cost us money, not save.

Mr. Kotter
07-26-2005, 09:10 AM
Cutting Woods would cost us money, not save.

I don't believe it's "much" if anything though....opening room under the salary cap for THIS year, would be worth the "cost" down the road IMO.

Coogs
07-26-2005, 09:14 AM
Cutting Woods would cost us money, not save.

I guess I don't know his numbers, but I thought after June 1st the hit could be spread out over a two year period. I assumed that would save us money. I know it would on Warfield.

htismaqe
07-26-2005, 09:20 AM
I don't believe it's "much" if anything though....opening room under the salary cap for THIS year, would be worth the "cost" down the road IMO.

It's not his base salary, it's the signing bonus he got last year.

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-26-2005, 09:29 AM
Anyone voting for Bartee should be bitch slapped with Charlton Gray's old helmet strap.

Chiefnj
07-26-2005, 09:40 AM
I guess I don't know his numbers, but I thought after June 1st the hit could be spread out over a two year period. I assumed that would save us money. I know it would on Warfield.

I believe Woods has collected on both tiers of his bonus, totalling 5 million. If cut today I think it would cost KC 1.2 million this year (2 million in bonus - base salary) and 2 million next year.

ROYC75
07-26-2005, 09:40 AM
I say we trade Woods if it is at all possible. We have so many safeties, it's mind boggling ........

whoman69
07-26-2005, 05:02 PM
I would rather Bartee earn the job. Woods seems to be showing his age. Of course if they both suck I would have no problem looking somewhere else for safety help.
I would agree with that statement. I would like the best player there, but I don't think that's Woods anymore. He took the money and ran (or rather didn't run) last year. He is already semi-retired. Woods is by far the bigger cap hit, and that's a bonus in Bartee's favor as well.

Miles
07-26-2005, 05:13 PM
Woods is comming of a bad season but Bartee is comming of a string of 6 of em. Im also somewhat optimistic about Woods comming into camp and trying to prove himself.

KCChiefsMan
07-26-2005, 05:14 PM
He was fully recovered from that injury.

ya, it's probably a good time to get rid of them both

Rain Man
07-26-2005, 05:55 PM
I'd be interested in seeing the poll results if Harts had been included as a third option.

Dayze
07-26-2005, 08:49 PM
given the criteria of the question, I would say Bartee.

Woods completely lost all desire to compete. I saw a clip on the Texans season highlights where one of our CBs was beat on a jump ball - Woods right there to lay the wood and completely - and I mean completely- missed the target all together. Woods got his coin, and out went any passion he had.

Whereas I think Bartee is truly a competitor, but just hasn't 'got it' quite yet. I still hold out hope Bartee will 'get it' fairly soon. Granted, this timeline is very short.

Bowser
07-26-2005, 08:52 PM
I can't answer this until I see Bartee at safety. I'm curious to see how he does when he is actually facing the ball.