PDA

View Full Version : First Training Camp Update

nmt1
07-26-2005, 06:30 AM
Sorry if this is a repost but I always get excited when I see the first training camp update on the River Falls site.

Monday, July 25, 2005
K.C. Chiefs Training Camp Daily Updates

Throughout the weekend, semi trucks loaded with Chiefs equipment made their way to UW-River Falls in preparation for Training Camp 2005. Five trucks arrived, and workers were up bright and early every morning to help unload and set up the equipment.

On Friday, trainers Dave Kendall and Bud Epps began setting up their training equipment at 6:45 a.m. The two only remained in River Falls for one day to ensure their gear was set up properly, and then returned to Kansas City and will arrive again with the team on Wednesday. Three intern trainers are also at training camp. The interns' job responsibilities are to make the head trainer's job easier, so they don't have to worry about the small things, such as taping and hydrating players.

Also arriving on Friday morning was the field equipment and throughout the weekend the goal posts and sleds were assembled, and the field lines will be put down soon.

Saturday was a day of rest from all of the moving and setting up, however, the trainers still had a prep meeting from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

On Monday morning, the weight room equipment arrived and moved into Hunt Arena. The overall reaction to the new $2.1 million training facility and locker rooms is unbelievable. "Both Kendall and Epps were impressed with the new facility," said Steve Stocker, Hunt and Knowles Building director.

Several UW-River Falls students are working with the training camp and have been very busy this weekend. Student Travis Fitzell, who helps maintain the facilities is in his second year working at the camp. He said that it is much different preparing for this year's camp with the new facilities, and that most of their work is done before the team even arrives. There are nine students working for facilities as well as four ball boys, or as student O'Neal Hampton calls themselves, "assistant equipment technicians." They have been working long hours this past week to ensure that everything is set up properly and ready to go when the Chiefs arrive on Wednesday.

Source (http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/prev_updates?page=2&Files=07-25-05am.htm)

dirk digler
07-26-2005, 07:14 AM
Thanks nmt1.

Here is an article on the new Chiefs Autograph policy if anyone is going up there.

Chiefs alter autograph policy

The Kansas City Star

The Chiefs have changed their autograph policy for this year’s training camp, which begins Thursday at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls.

Autograph sessions will be held for players in selected position groups after the morning practice on 12 days. The sessions will be held in a designated autograph area near the practice fields.

The entire team is scheduled to sign autographs Aug. 6 at Family Fun night.

These are the only times and areas where players are permitted to sign autographs.

The dates of the morning autograph sessions: July 29 and 30, Aug. 1, 2, 5, 8, 9, 11, 15, 16, 17 and 18.

KCTitus
07-27-2005, 06:22 AM
The first pics are up from UWRF...

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery.php

RedDread
07-27-2005, 06:29 AM
10 day forecast for those of you traveling

http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/tenday.html?locid=USWI0596&from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_undeclared

the Talking Can
07-27-2005, 06:30 AM
ahhh....added to my bookmarks, the offseason is almost over!

keg in kc
07-27-2005, 06:41 AM
Yeah, bookmarked it yesterday myself. It's like an annual right-of-passage.

KCTitus
07-27-2005, 06:42 AM
Yep...it's good to have football back.

Chief Henry
07-27-2005, 08:38 AM
ahhh....added to my bookmarks, the offseason is almost over!

AMEN to this can. I posted something like this in another thread.

Go Chiefs.

Chief Henry
07-27-2005, 08:40 AM
Check out the "training table" and what those
Hawgs are eating. I wish I was up there for one of those training tables.

KCTitus
07-27-2005, 12:40 PM
They've updated the site with a couple more daily updates...

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/prev_updates.php

Rain Man
07-27-2005, 12:41 PM
(Running around squealing with delight.)

Archie Bunker
07-27-2005, 04:35 PM
(Running around squealing with delight.)

ROFL

KC Dan
07-27-2005, 04:54 PM
Were not the Chiefs supposed to arrive there 2 hours ago? Could it be that the season has finally started (season=TC+Preseason+Regular Season)

KC Dan
07-27-2005, 05:15 PM
I believe that UWRF is getting ready to post arrival pictures. They now have a link for arrival pics but it isn't pointing to pictures yet.