PDA

View Full Version : Brown & Williams In Miami

Dayze
07-26-2005, 09:08 PM
Just curious on everyone's thoughts:

With the return of R. Williams in Miami, and the 1st round committment to Ronnie Brown this, do you see Miami utlizing both players in the same formation (perhaps 2nd and short/3rd short, etc) from time to time. IMO, Williams will have to earn his way back into the lineup on a consistent basis.

I know their O-line has a lot of work to do, but with McMichael, Chambers, and Boston to draw some attention, could Miami benefit from having 2 backs like that in the same play?

Talk amongst yourselves.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-26-2005, 10:22 PM
I think Ricky gains his weight back, plays well in the preseason, and maybe a game after he returns from his 4 game suspension, then he gets traded.

J Diddy
07-26-2005, 11:57 PM
I think Ricky gains his weight back, plays well in the preseason, and maybe a game after he returns from his 4 game suspension, then he gets traded.

I agree with this. You don't throw what the fins threw into Brown then 2 months later get the all pro back and keep em both.

Regardless probably couldn't afford it.

Dayze
07-27-2005, 07:34 PM
I agree with this. You don't throw what the fins threw into Brown then 2 months later get the all pro back and keep em both.

Regardless probably couldn't afford it.

Good point.

ChiefsCountry
07-27-2005, 08:57 PM

He can't get traded under that scenario. Look for him play this year out then get dealt.

Dayze
07-27-2005, 09:06 PM
plus, isn't Ricky due to make the vet minimum this year?
If so, I could see the 'Fins keeping both this year and playing them.
I'm not sure what Ricky's trade value is given his history. Sounds like his return was based on money he would have to give back the coaching change.