PDA

View Full Version : Judge this (partial) fantasy team

ct
07-27-2005, 12:53 PM
Just did a mock last night, although didn't quite finish it. What do you think of this partial team...

QB Carson Palmer
QB Brian Griese

RB Priest Holmes
RB Brian Westbrook
RB Warrick Dunn
RB DeShaun Foster
RB Larry Johnson

WR Chad Johnson
WR Roy Williams
WR Santana Moss
WR Troy Williamson

with 4 rounds to round out D/ST(s), Kicker(s), or other depth position players.

|Zach|
07-27-2005, 12:56 PM
Oh shit, it begins.

Consider this thread 1 of 432

jspchief
07-27-2005, 01:00 PM
Obviously you're stacked at RB.

Your #2 WR is a little scary imo, but you have some potential high reward young guys.

QB is weak IMO. You have two depth/#2 QBs. Palmer may continue to improve, but I would have preferred someone more tested.

I think you're set having both Holmes and his backup, and could probably afford to package Foster with Dunn or Westbrook to get a good QB. IMO, Foster is not going to be that valuable this year, but may be good trade bait. Given the choice, I'd keep westbrook over Dunn obviously.

I'd probably give it a B or B+, simply because I'm a firm believer of RBs being your bread and butter, and I don't think you can do better than Holmes with Johnson on the bench.

ct
07-27-2005, 01:07 PM
Oh shit, it begins.

And just think Zach, this is only a partial mock team!! How much fun we'll have!!

|Zach|
07-27-2005, 01:08 PM
And just think Zach, this is only a partial mock team!! How much fun we'll have!!
Hooray!

ct
07-27-2005, 01:11 PM
Obviously you're stacked at RB.

Your #2 WR is a little scary imo, but you have some potential high reward young guys.

QB is weak IMO. You have two depth/#2 QBs. Palmer may continue to improve, but I would have preferred someone more tested.

I think you're set having both Holmes and his backup, and could probably afford to package Foster with Dunn or Westbrook to get a good QB. IMO, Foster is not going to be that valuable this year, but may be good trade bait. Given the choice, I'd keep westbrook over Dunn obviously.

I'd probably give it a B or B+, simply because I'm a firm believer of RBs being your bread and butter, and I don't think you can do better than Holmes with Johnson on the bench.

Personally I'm cool with my WR2, it's WR3&4 that are shaky. QB definitely is weak, but this particular mock strategy was RB strength 1st (plus the Priest/LJ handcuff experiment, to see how bad it would hurt the team overall), WR strength (not depth mind you) 2nd, then 2 fringe QB starters, but more likely decent to good backup type guys. I paid no attention whatsoever to the top 5-7 defenses and kickers, instead would settle for lower top10 or middle of the pack for that.

Overall, I think I could live with this, and as you said, I got some very good trade bait.

Just wondering what some others thought.

Iowanian
07-27-2005, 01:22 PM
I think you need to upgrade your QB, are in trouble at #2,#3 RB and need to upgrade a WR. I like the Risk of WIlliamson as a #3, but Santana Moss in Washington does nothing for me.

I think Westbrook is splitting carries in Philly, and Dunn is RBBC in Atl and Foster is backup at best.

I'd try to package RBs and make a move for a more solid #2 Rb.

ct
07-27-2005, 01:29 PM
I think you need to upgrade your QB, are in trouble at #2,#3 RB and need to upgrade a WR. I like the Risk of WIlliamson as a #3, but Santana Moss in Washington does nothing for me.

I think Westbrook is splitting carries in Philly, and Dunn is RBBC in Atl and Foster is backup at best.

I'd try to package RBs and make a move for a more solid #2 Rb.

Agree on Moss, still not sure why I did that...

Believe it or not, in a 1 pt/reception league, Westbrook and Dunn are better than Rudi Johnson or even Jamal Lewis, unless he gets multiple TDs. Foster is a bench stash, just to see what happens, although I'd happily ship him off if somebody would offer a better WR than Moss or QB than Palmer.

Saulbadguy
07-27-2005, 01:35 PM
Oh shit, it begins.

Exactly what I thought. Heh.

Iowanian
07-27-2005, 01:35 PM
What spot did Holmes go in your league?

If I had the #1 spot, I'd definitely take Tomlinson.

ct
07-27-2005, 02:19 PM
What spot did Holmes go in your league?

If I had the #1 spot, I'd definitely take Tomlinson.

#3, behind LdT and Alexander. I've done 3 mocks now at positions #7, #11, and #3, for a 12-team league. Wanted a feel for each area before our draft lottery this friday. By the way, I like by team at #7 best, but admittedly this #3 spot I did some unusual things I usually do not.

RealSNR
07-27-2005, 03:18 PM
It sucks. So do you.

KCChiefsMan
07-27-2005, 04:32 PM
it looks solid except the QB position!

here's mine:
autopick draft and 10 team league:

QB: Mike Vick (Ron Mexico), Kerry Collins
RB: Priest Holmes, Clinton Portis, Fred Taylor
WR: Laverneous Coles, Roy Williams, Santana Moss, Mike Williams, Plaxico Burress
TE: Antonio Gates
K: John Hall, Mike Nugent
D: New England, Kansas City

I don't know how I got such a good team, but WR scares me a little. I put on waivers to drop Nugent for Travis Henry, Larry Johnson, Eli Manning or Chris Benson in that order, so I will see if I get any one of them. I think Collins could have a good year for fantasy with Moss. I bet Roy Williams will be a stud but I will just have to see how the rest go. Kicker is a little weak with Hall I guess.

Dayze
07-27-2005, 06:45 PM
Oh shit, it begins.

ROFL

can't wait. :rolleyes:

CoMoChief
07-27-2005, 07:56 PM
Here's what my plan is for my draft day...

1. I am in a 10 team league (Yahoo), and I have the 1st overall pick. The picks go like (1st round) 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,(2nd round)10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,(3rd round)1, etc. There are 15 rounds. Most of my friends from STL are in it with me, so I know that Priest Holmes would last to the 4-5th pick, so I might trade down to 4th pick for an extra 3rd round pick because my friend wants Peyton Manning.

1st - Priest Holmes
2nd - Torry Holt
3rd - Tony Gonzalez, Trent Green
4th - Baltimore Def. (last year they went in the 5th round in my league)
5th - Hines Ward
6th - Chris Brown
7th - David Akers/Adam Vinitieri
8th - Larry Johnson
9th - Derrick Mason
10th - Carson Palmer

Then I would pick a sleeper like Michael Bennett or MATT JONES HELLYEAH!!!!!!!!

milkman
07-27-2005, 08:00 PM

1. I am in a 10 team league (Yahoo), and I have the 1st overall pick. The picks go like (1st round) 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,(2nd round)10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,(3rd round)1, etc. There are 15 rounds. Most of my friends from STL are in it with me, so I know that Priest Holmes would last to the 4-5th pick, so I might trade down to 4th pick for an extra 3rd round pick because my friend wants Peyton Manning.

1st - Priest Holmes
2nd - Torry Holt
5th - Hines Ward
6th - Chris Brown
8th - Larry Johnson
9th - Derrick Mason
10th - Carson Palmer

I don't play in fantasy leagues, but if I did, as much as I hope that priest can stay healthy, I wouldn't bet on it, so wouldn't use my first
pick on him.

I think LdT has to be the #1 overall.

I also wouldn't pick Chris Brown as my second RB in the sixth for the same reason.

ct
07-28-2005, 10:09 AM

1st - Priest Holmes
2nd - Torry Holt
5th - Hines Ward
6th - Chris Brown
8th - Larry Johnson
9th - Derrick Mason
10th - Carson Palmer

Wow, what an incredibly athanine plan! Too many homers! WR/TEs would look great, but that plan for RBs is just plain dumb man. Perhaps I'm being harsh, but I intend that to hopefully offer an intervention to not go thru with this!!!

And by the way, I would hope one or more of you would do the same to me if you thought my plan was wak.