PDA

View Full Version : CP Fantasy Football League #3: Free Yahoo League

Mr. Kotter
07-28-2005, 07:48 PM
The first two leagues filled up in less than three hours this afternon...so, by popular demand, here's a third:

Here's the link:

http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/

Click on "sign up now," and follow the prompts through "FREE Fantasy Football"...and the registration screens. If you don't have a Yahoo account, you will have to set one up....

League ID#: 280775
League Name: ChiefsPlanet FFL #3
Password: Scanlon

Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: Fri Sep 2 8:45am CDT [ Add to YOUR Calendar --Labor Day, BTW ]

If someone has an idea for tweaking the settings, we can put it to a vote...just post it, and we'll discuss it. I've been the commish of our FFL at work for 5 or 6 yrs, and these work pretty well for us.

We also might be able to TRY to change the LIVE draft time, if that doesn't work for folks....but if you preset you "player rankings" the computer will draft for you anyway, based on your preferences (more or less.) OR, we could even go to an automated draft if there is a consensus...

Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Max Moves: 2
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: November 18, 2005
Trade Review: League Votes
Waiver Time: 2 days
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules

Playoffs: Week 15 and 16 (4 teams)

Roster Positions:
QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, WR/TE, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Stat Categories:
Passing Yards (50 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (4)
Interceptions (-1)
Rushing Yards (20 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Receptions (.5)
Reception Yards (20 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Yards (20 yards per point)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-1)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Sack (1)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)
Return Yards (20 yards per point)
Points Allowed 0 points (8)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (6)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (2)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-2)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)

Nightfyre
07-28-2005, 07:50 PM
w00t I am teh number 1

FloridaChief
07-28-2005, 07:55 PM
Done and done. Looking forward to another year of FFL humiliation!

Mr. Kotter
07-28-2005, 08:08 PM
Thanks again, for those who've signed up.

If someone has an idea for tweaking the settings, we can put it to a vote...just post it, and we'll discuss it. I've been the commish of our FFL at work for 5 or 6 yrs, and these work pretty well for us.

FYI, from my experiences with these particular settings, here are a couple of hints you should keep in mind--especially in pre-ranking your players before the draft:
1. These settings reward big for yardage, as well as TDs. Games are often in the 100-130 point range.
2. RB and QB are both important, but RB who catch the ball out of the backfield are probably the number one hot commodity. And note that QBs get 4 pts per TD rather than 6.
3. Giving .5 pts per catch, elevates the value of number 3 and 4 type receivers--especially players from pass happy teams.
4. Points are given for "return" yds too--both PR/KR, and Defensive turnovers. PR/KR who serve as #3 or 4 WRs have value on par with a #2 WR who doesn't return kicks. And defensive minded coaches who preach turnovers, and have solid/consistent defenses can score you big points.
5. Because WRs get .5 pts per catch, good receivers on mediocre teams or on teams with marginal QBs can still score good points for you....even if they don't get a lot of TDs. Also, drafting a second strong TE, once the WRs are really picked over can be a good move.

Hope that helps. :)

Mr. Kotter
07-28-2005, 08:14 PM
This league is the one that is still open....3 spots filled, 9 spots left at the moment.

FRCDFED
07-28-2005, 08:27 PM
This league is the one that is still open....3 spots filled, 9 spots left at the moment.
With 12 team leagues it is very competitive to have defensive players as well.

2-DL's; 2-DB's; and 2-D

1 pt per solo tackle; 2 pt fumble recovery; 2 pt interception; 1-pt pass deflection; 6 pt defensive td's.

Defensive players make the draft very interesting and also help balance out teams with poor offenses.

On offense, I would vote for all offensive td's to be worth 6 pts for QB's, RB's, WR's, etc.

old_geezer
07-28-2005, 08:33 PM
I just signed up!

If you could change the draft to an evening time I would appreciate it. I work during the days (Labor Day also) so some time after 6:00 pm would be best for me.

headsnap
07-28-2005, 08:33 PM
I'm in!

Mr. Kotter
07-28-2005, 08:34 PM
With 12 team leagues it is very competitive to have defensive players as well.

2-DL's; 2-DB's; and 2-D

1 pt per solo tackle; 2 pt fumble recovery; 2 pt interception; 1-pt pass deflection; 6 pt defensive td's.

Defensive players make the draft very interesting and also help balance out teams with poor offenses.

On offense, I would vote for all offensive td's to be worth 6 pts for QB's, RB's, WR's, etc.

Good suggestions. Thoughts from others?

My response is, I'm game if others are. The only thing I'd say is I get so wrapped up in "ranking the offensvie players," I'd probably rely heavily on the default rankings for the defenders. But it's an interesting possibility.

As far as 6 pts compared to 4 pts for passing TDs, the rationale has always been there are really only 5 or 6 big time/big stat QBs....then there is a drop off. Unless you have one of the 5 or 6 Peyton Manning/Donovan McNabb/Donte Culpepper type QBs....our feeling was, there was a significant drop off to the second tier QBs. Thoughts from others? :hmmm:

Mr. Kotter
07-28-2005, 08:38 PM
I just signed up!

If you could change the draft to an evening time I would appreciate it. I work during the days (Labor Day also) so some time after 6:00 pm would be best for me.

I actually TRIED to schedule it at night, but the night slots were all taken BEFORE the season starts anyway....if you "prerank" your players, it will "autodraft" based on your selections (more or less.) The one drawback of that, the computer may draft two DEFs, or two TEs....whereas during a live draft you may have only taken one.

If we decide, we could just put the entire draft on "autoselect" once everyone has preranked the players too....and Yahoo just has the computer do the draft for us, based on our rankings.

JOhn
07-28-2005, 09:09 PM
Password will not work.

Never mind I'm In :thumb:

Mr. Kotter
07-28-2005, 09:11 PM
Password will not work.

Make sure you type it exactly as Scanlon with no hidden characters...six others are registered, so....:shrug:

headsnap
07-28-2005, 09:18 PM
Password will not work.

Never mind I'm In :thumb:
it's Scanlon, not SCanlon... :p

Mr. Kotter
07-28-2005, 10:39 PM
Five spots left...

Mr. Kotter
07-29-2005, 06:58 AM
Still five spots left, for anyone interested....

BigChiefFan
07-29-2005, 07:14 AM
I signed up-thanks for the invite.

Mr. Kotter
07-29-2005, 08:26 AM

You're welcome... :)

PHOG
07-29-2005, 11:02 AM
OK, I signed up, most likely to be the league punching bag.

Thanks.

Mr. Kotter
07-29-2005, 11:08 AM
That makes twelve....

stumppy
07-29-2005, 11:17 AM
Me and lil stump are going to sign up right now.

stumppy
07-29-2005, 11:18 AM
That makes twelve....

aurgh.

BigChiefFan
07-29-2005, 11:33 AM
That makes twelve....
Kick ass- I go by the Punishers in the league-this will be fun-thanks again. What's everyone's team name in the league?

BigChiefFan
07-29-2005, 11:34 AM
Not sure I like only being able to make two moves. If somebody sucks, I'll drop them in a heartbeat.

Mr. Laz
07-29-2005, 11:34 AM
where was my invite, Kotter?

:p

Mr. Kotter
07-29-2005, 12:11 PM
where was my invite, Kotter?

I merely posted the threads. I didn't invite anyone, personally.

If I had you'd have been at the top of the list..... :p

Hydrae
07-29-2005, 01:37 PM
Argh, another one fills up before I realize it exists.

Mr. Kotter
07-29-2005, 01:45 PM
Argh, another one fills up before I realize it exists.

Several folks have mentioned wanting "defensive stats" including....if you have a Yahoo account, why don't you put a league together with defensive stats too....I would bet it would fill-up quickly too.

If you are worried about commishing the league, it's really easy....and pretty much runs itself once the season starts. :)

BigChiefFan
07-29-2005, 01:49 PM
Several folks have mentioned wanting "defensive stats" including....if you have a Yahoo account, why don't you put a league together with defensive stats too....I would bet it would fill-up quickly too.

If you are worried about commishing the league, it's really easy....and pretty much runs itself once the season starts. :)Hey, What's up with a max of two moves?

Mr. Kotter
07-29-2005, 01:51 PM
Hey, What's up with a max of two moves?

That's a mistake...I probably hit the "scroll" button on the mouse, as I was registering the settings. I'll fix it....thanks.

BigChiefFan
07-29-2005, 01:55 PM
That's a mistake...I probably hit the "scroll" button on the mouse, as I was registering the settings. I'll fix it....thanks.
Cool.

Hydrae
07-29-2005, 01:58 PM

If you are worried about commishing the league, it's really easy....and pretty much runs itself once the season starts. :)

I may wind up doing that. My keeper league has individual defenders, I much prefer that to the team stats. But with that league to run I would much rather not commish another one. I'll give it another week or so before I worry about it. Besides, only playing in one league wouldn't be too bad a deal either. :shrug:

Mr. Kotter
07-29-2005, 02:03 PM
I may wind up doing that. My keeper league has individual defenders, I much prefer that to the team stats. But with that league to run I would much rather not commish another one. I'll give it another week or so before I worry about it. Besides, only playing in one league wouldn't be too bad a deal either. :shrug:

Like I said, once these Yahoo leagues are set up....there really isn't much too do. And you can set one up in 5 minutes or so...just a thought.

headsnap
07-29-2005, 04:23 PM
Kick ass- I go by the Punishers in the league-this will be fun-thanks again. What's everyone's team name in the league?
I am the Cosmonauts

old_geezer
07-29-2005, 05:41 PM
Geezer's Folly :moon:

headsnap
07-29-2005, 05:43 PM
Geezer's Folly :moon:

thanx for the clarification...

Sure-Oz
07-29-2005, 05:51 PM
damn i wanted to join this sucks :(

JOhn
08-01-2005, 05:14 PM
Could someone who is in this league check and see what member name I used to log in?

I forgot what my login name was for this account and can't find it.

My team name is the Rough Riders

old_geezer
08-01-2005, 05:56 PM
Could someone who is in this league check and see what member name I used to log in?

I forgot what my login name was for this account and can't find it.

My team name is the Rough Riders

wyominchiefsfan

Hope that helps :)

JOhn
08-01-2005, 06:02 PM
wyominchiefsfan

Hope that helps :)

Wow, imagine that, I misspelled Wyoming :banghead:

headsnap
08-01-2005, 06:35 PM
Wow, imagine that, I misspelled Wyoming :banghead:

I thought you misspelled Woman... :p

KChiefs1
08-19-2005, 11:16 AM
When is the draft?

Mr. Kotter
09-01-2005, 09:28 AM
Draft is TOMORROW morning....8:45 am. I may or may not be able to actually be there.

NOTE: in the commisioner's note and the thread starter here, I indicated passing TDs would be worth four points; I neglected to change the settings until just now. Sorry for any confusion.

Mr. Kotter
09-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Bump for night crew...

Mr. Kotter
09-08-2005, 06:40 AM
MISTAKE in the Settings:

I had NOT intended to make this a points only league.....head-to-head is much better, in my experience.

Damn scroll button; and I didn't notice the mistake until PHOG mentioned it....in the postings on the League site.

If there is a consensus that we want to go back to the "points only" format, we can I guess. I've only done it once in 10 years like that....and it sucked.

Thoughts???

JOhn
09-08-2005, 06:52 AM
MISTAKE in the Settings:

I had NOT intended to make this a points only league.....head-to-head is much better, in my experience.

Damn scroll button; and I didn't notice the mistake until PHOG mentioned it....in the postings on the League site.

If there is a consensus that we want to go back to the "points only" format, we can I guess. I've only done it once in 10 years like that....and it sucked.

Thoughts???
head-to-head

PHOG
09-08-2005, 10:02 AM
No....head to head is the way to go. :thumb: