PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh...camp has started: what's the best competition?

the Talking Can
07-29-2005, 10:15 AM
It's great to have football discussion back, even stupid discussion.

Now that the season has begun for real: which position in camp will the most contested/ provide the best fight?

#2 WR - Parker/Fredex...Bo?
#3 WR - Fredex/Bo/Crap-ho/Dante

#2 MLB - Scanlon/ Boomer

OLB - Fox/DJ
#2 OLB - Fox/Fujita

Starting DTs: Sims-Dalton/Dalton-Browning/Dalton-Siavii

Safety - Wesley/Woods

CB - McCleon/Washington/Sapp/Ambrose
Nickle CB- Sapp/Ambrose/Washigton

RT- Sampson/Black

Maybe you think someone of these are settled (like #2 WR) so I listed the next position down on the depth chart (#3 WR).

I'm curious to hear about Parker at #2 WR but I think the real competition is between Bo and Fredex at the #3 WR, Scanlon/Boomer at #2 MLB, and Nickle CB (Sapp should be our nickle and may press for #2 if given a chance).

jjjayb
07-29-2005, 10:27 AM
Rhonda Moss' left hand - Jelly filled/Cream filled?
Her right hand- Twinkie/Cupcake

PHOG
07-29-2005, 10:34 AM
Rhonda Moss' left hand - Jelly filled/Cream filled?
Her right hand- Twinkie/Cupcake

ROFL

go bo
07-29-2005, 11:43 AM
are we likely to keep 6 wr's?

i hope they give bo a chance and not dump him for crapper just because they drafted craphonso...

unless crap really shines in tc, or if fredex doesn't cut it for some reason, i can see him going to the ps...

the most competitive position is probably the #2 mlb...

and i wonder how long it will take dj to take over the starting spot...

if he shows really well during tc, will deevee start him even though he is a rookie (or will gun overrule dv and put him in there?)?

BigChiefFan
07-29-2005, 11:50 AM
CB (regardless of what Vermeil says) I think is a position to watch. It will be interesting to see how sapp, Hodge, Ambrose, Washington, and McCleon do in camp.

I also think the LBing core will be very interesting.

WR is a big position because the number two spot is a big role to fill.

Rain Man
07-29-2005, 11:55 AM
I'd like to see a dogfight for the #1 MLB spot, but I doubt it'll happen.

The best battles will be:

Sampson/Black for #1 RT
Parker/Mitchell for #2 WR
Everyone on the roster for #3 CB

the Talking Can
07-29-2005, 12:36 PM
are we likely to keep 6 wr's?

i hope they give bo a chance and not dump him for crapper just because they drafted craphonso...

unless crap really shines in tc, or if fredex doesn't cut it for some reason, i can see him going to the ps...

the most competitive position is probably the #2 mlb...

and i wonder how long it will take dj to take over the starting spot...

if he shows really well during tc, will deevee start him even though he is a rookie (or will gun overrule dv and put him in there?)?

at WR I see Kennison, Parker, Fredex (only because he's a veteran) as the only locks...I don't know if they'll continue to use Dante, but probably....so that's 4

assume they keep 5 and you've got a dogfight between Bo/Crap-ho and maybe Smith...personally, I'm rooting for Bo to recover but we can't cut Crap-ho based on long term potential...tough choices there

I think that DJ will become a starter as soon as he signs.

the Talking Can
07-29-2005, 12:39 PM
CB (regardless of what Vermeil says) I think is a position to watch. It will be interesting to see how sapp, Hodge, Ambrose, Washington, and McCleon do in camp.

yeah, I can't see us keeping two washed up vets like Ambrose and Washington....so: Surtain, Warfield, McCleon, Sapp (who I hope remains our nickle)...leaving one space for the rookie/Ambrose/Washington? are there two spaces?

just like WR we'll face a choice between keeping a veteran for the short term or a rookie for the long term...

keg in kc
07-29-2005, 12:42 PM
Temporary 2nd corner. Left linebacker (assuming Johnson's signed soon, with Fujita back and Fox looking good). 2nd WR. ORT. DE (to see how they use Hall). FS.