PDA

View Full Version : Friday Morning Workout info. Isn't the internet cool!

BigRedChief
07-29-2005, 12:01 PM
The link:
http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/prev_updates?page=2&Files=07-29-05am.htm

The stuff at the link:
Friday, July 29, 2005 Morning
K.C. Chiefs Training Camp Daily Updates
The sun was shining this morning as the Chiefs took the field. The temperature was 67 degrees with a dew point of 52 degrees. The wind was from the east at 2.6 miles per hour. About 275 fans attended practice under the clear blue skies.
Offense
Tight ends Willie Walden and Edwin Thompson spent a little extra time after practice on footwork and medicine balls drills.
Offensive lineman Thomas Barnett was getting a few pointers from fellow offensive lineman Kevin Sampson today about blocking techniques and how to get leverage when coming off the line.
Tight ends' coach Jason Verduzco shared some words with rookie Edwin Thompson this morning. Thompson was lagging on timing during some one-on-one drills, and Verduzco was heard asking Thompson if he was OK or if he wanted to get some coffee. Thompson's response was "I'm alright coach, I'm alright."
Defense
Linebacker Scott Fujita was practicing today, after taking it slow yesterday and doing independent workouts and drills. Fujita, who is coming off ankle surgery, appeared to be playing at full strength. Linebacker coach Fred Pagac told Fujita during warm-ups that he was doing a good job. During seven-on-seven drills he proved that he was healthy by making a striking hit against the running back who forced a fumble.
Linebacker Mike Maslowski, who also worked out independently yesterday and helped the defensive line in drills, did not practice today. He was on the field for early morning warm-ups, but then left the field to the locker rooms, and was not back out for the rest of morning practices. After practice, Vermeil stated that he did not look 100 percent and will be waiting a bit longer to practice.
Defensive end Carlos Hall took a few extra minutes to regain composure after a hit during drills shook him up. He stepped to the side, took his helmet off and sat out for the rest of the drills. When the defense met up a few minutes later, he was back on the field at full strength.
New cornerback Patrick Surtain made his presence known with a huge play during seven-on-seven drills. No. 23 made a big pick off of quarterback Trent Green and ran into the sidelines, with his helmet falling off. The crowd was amazed at how easy he made it look, and fans seem quite pleased that the Chiefs were able to obtain Surtain.
Another new Chief, Kendrell Bell, showed off his Pro Bowl skills this morning. During seven-on-seven drills, Bell hit tight end Jason Dunn, which caused Dunn to bobble the ball and eventually fumble it. The fans and sidelines all were in awe of this big play, and you could hear a buzz around the bleachers even minutes after it was completed.
Second-year defensive end and last year's standout out Jared Allen has quite a few expectations for this year's defense: "Last year we should have been a lot better." Allen hopes that the defense does a 180. He said that it was unacceptable for the defense to play the way that they did last year, having the No. 1 offense in which they had been putting up the numbers, and the defense being unable to stop the opponents. This year they are focusing on a more physical approach and being more "in-your-face." Allen came tocamp physically prepared by dropping a bit of body fat and adding more muscle. He said that the best thing about camp this year is that he now has a season under his belt and knows people at camp, rather than showing up being a greenhorn. This year, he can enjoy himself, relax a bit more and just work on getting better. His goals for camp are improvie his footwork and to be more consistent with his plays.
During eleven-on-eleven drills, rookie Justin Perkins batted down a pass intended for wide receiver Nathaniel Curry. Corner back Benny Sapp crashed into wide receiver Jeris McIntyre, causing an incomplete pass. Defensive end Jared Allen burst around the left field and stopped running back Larry Johnson in his tracks.
All the defensive backs huddled and put their hands in after practice, breaking on "DB." Following the huddle, each took reps off the JUGS machine. First in line were Eric Warfield and Dexter McCleon leading the unit as the veterans.
Special Teams
Special teams coach Frank Gansz, Jr. got a little feisty with some players during special teams drills this morning. He seemed frustrated and was yelling as some were not redirecting their man laterally and others were not covering their zone properly.
Fans
Mike Norman (not the River Falls author and retired UW-RF prof) and his daughter Kayla, 17, share a special bond--the Kansas City Chiefs. Together they made the trek from Kansas City to River Falls to see the team practice. They also watch the games together during the season and catch a game live when they have the chance. This is the third year in a row that the Normans have come to camp. Mike says he will be keeping a close eye on the defense until he and Kayla make their way home tomorrow.
It looks as though people outside of the River Falls community have come to appreciate the easygoing ways of this small town. Vince Vaughan of Kansas City, Mo., is one of those people. He came to camp with his girlfriend and some friends. "It's so relaxing," Vaughan said. "You just sit here and watch the Chiefs play. It's a great atmosphere. The whole town, the whole experience. And we have a lot of fun with each other, too."
For nine years Betty Jones and her husband Deni have been driving their RV to River Falls to watch the Chiefs practice. Deni likes football, but Betty is a real fanatic. "She has only missed five home games since the franchise began," Deni said. "She actually schedules surgeries during bi-weeks and away games so she doesn't miss any. She is the No.1 Chiefs fan."
According to Dakota Knoll, age 12, the Chiefs "are the best team ever!" Knoll and two friends, Alex Klatt, 13, and Jacob Klatt, 6, were excited to watch the practice and get autographs. The trio is from Ellsworth, Wis.. and enjoys having the chance to see Trent Green and Priest Holmes in action.
The Beckemeyer family is at Summer Training Camp for the second time. Jeff, Michelle, Jacob and Brock are from Napoleon, Mo., 35 miles east of Kansas City. When asked what the family thought of the Chiefs, Jacob replied, "They are always good in training camp." Michelle added, "We always hope for a great season and really enjoy coming up here." The Beckemeyers are staying in town for four days.
Jim Bartley and his son, Sam, have been attending Summer Training Camp for five years. Their favorite part of camp is watching the Chiefs play, and Jim is optimistic about the 2005 season: "If we tighten up our defense, we can take No. 1 in our division this year." Both are from White Bear Lake, Minn.
Kent and Kelly Taylor, residents of Kansas City, have high expectations for the Chiefs this season. Kent made the observation that "They did a lot in the off-season to improve." Both believe that the team should win the division and has a good possibility of a Super Bowl appearance. Kent's favorite Chiefs player is Priest Holmes , but Kelly enjoys watching Tony Gonzales . Kelly thinks that River Falls provides "beautiful facilities and great weather for practice."
Mahlon Earl of Kirksville, Mo., has made a few friends at Summer Training Camp this year. At the local B&B he shared blueberry pancakes with eight-year old John Cody and watches practice with him during the morning. Along with Earl and Cody were dogs Charlie and Jack . Earl said that Jack has been a Chiefs fan for 12 years now. When asked about his predictions for the upcoming season, Earl said, "The team will for sure win the division and go deep in the playoffs." He also added, "River Falls is a beautiful place to hold camp, and I hope that they continue to hold it here."
Members from the Bridge for Hudson Youth came out to celebrate the upcoming Chiefs season this morning. Peg Gagnon, executive director of the new organization in Hudson, Wis., was delighted to bring the kids out for a day of practice: "This is a great opportunity and experience for the group." The kids and leaders stood out amongst other fans with their bright yellow tie-dye shirts and were all smiles when receiving autographs from the offensive line this morning.
Extra, Extra…Read All About It!
When the kickers practiced field goals this morning, all the kids raced to catch the balls. There were about 20 youngsters competing for a touch on a ball. One ball put out by Dustin Colquitt even hit one fan in the bleachers and mangled her cell phone!
Quarterback Trent Green spent some time after practice doing extra reps with wide receivers Jeris McIntyre and Nathaniel Curry.
Chiefs' linebacker, Wisconsin native and former UW-La Crosse football player Mike Maslowski did some short workouts and sprints following this morning's practice. He is coming off of serious knee surgery last September.

Mr. Kotter
07-29-2005, 12:13 PM
Is it just me, or is anyone else wondering:

"WTF is writing this stuff?"....gotta be a HS kid, or a girl. :shake:

ROYC75
07-29-2005, 12:13 PM
Nice to see daily reports....too bad it's just a little. After a long off season, we fans are hungry and seem to want more info.

It didn't mention anything on the WR's I noticed.

ptlyon
07-29-2005, 12:14 PM
Is it just me, or is anyone else wondering:

"WTF is writing this stuff?"....gotta be a HS kid, or a girl. :shake:

I think they are students that go to the college

Mr. Kotter
07-29-2005, 12:19 PM
I think they are students that go to the college

Wow. I hope they aren't preparing for a career in sports journalism.... :shake:

ptlyon
07-29-2005, 12:23 PM
http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/images/PublicAffairsKCCStaff05e.jpg

Students and staff covering the Chiefs this year include in front row, left to right: Kat Krtnick (fans, Kids' Days, Punt, Pass & Kick), Katlyn Kaiser (sidelines), Jenna Campbell (sidelines) and Alissa Wendling (fans, Seniors Day, Punt, Pass & Kick). Back, left to right: Jens Gunelson (University Photographer), Mark Kinders (Public Affairs Director), Deb Toftness (Office Manager), Leslie Brunstad (special events, sidelines) and Jim Thies (Sports Information Director) Not pictured is Brenda Bredahl (Public Affairs Editor).

KCJake
07-29-2005, 12:30 PM
Linebacker Mike Maslowski, who also worked out independently yesterday and helped the defensive line in drills, did not practice today. He was on the field for early morning warm-ups, left the field to the locker rooms, and did not return for the rest of morning practices. After practice, Vermeil said that Maslowski did not look 100 percent and will be waiting a bit longer to practice.

:shake:

Mr. Kotter
07-29-2005, 12:36 PM
I don't mean to be picky, but....

New cornerback Patrick Surtain made his presence known with a huge play during seven-on-seven drills. No. 23 made a big pick off of quarterback Trent Green and ran into the sidelines, with his helmet falling off. The crowd was amazed at how easy he made it look, and fans seem quite pleased that the Chiefs were able to obtain Surtain.

Huge play? Okay....

No. 23? Was that an interception...or did he have a booger he needed to get tissue for?

"how easy he made it look?" WTF? and "quite pleased"....uh, duh.

If it was just one or two sentences, fine. But it goes on, and on, and on....after yesterday, I thought: "Okay, it's the first day, it'll get better."

Maybe not. :shake:

keg in kc
07-29-2005, 12:40 PM
Bitch all you want. Me, I'm gonna be thankful I have something to read, however unsophisticated it may be.

the Talking Can
07-29-2005, 12:44 PM
http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/images/PublicAffairsKCCStaff05e.jpg

Students and staff covering the Chiefs this year include in front row, left to right: Kat Krtnick (fans, Kids' Days, Punt, Pass & Kick), Katlyn Kaiser (sidelines), Jenna Campbell (sidelines) and Alissa Wendling (fans, Seniors Day, Punt, Pass & Kick). Back, left to right: Jens Gunelson (University Photographer), Mark Kinders (Public Affairs Director), Deb Toftness (Office Manager), Leslie Brunstad (special events, sidelines) and Jim Thies (Sports Information Director) Not pictured is Brenda Bredahl (Public Affairs Editor).

I'd hit them.

Mr. Kotter
Bitch all you want. Me, I'm gonna be thankful I have something to read, however unsophisticated it may be.

It's like going to a titty bar though; it gets you all stoked, except you are left wonderin'.... :hmmm:

CoMoChief
I just want to hear Gun talk about the defense. Hearing him talk/reading what he says in the papers always gets my blood going and makes me hungry for some NFL football. C'mon defense, this is your year to shine!

Mr. Kotter
07-29-2005, 12:45 PM
I'd hit them.

Especially the ones with glasses, huh?

I'd be more selective...heh.

the Talking Can
07-29-2005, 12:48 PM
Especially the ones with glasses, huh?

I'd be more selective...heh.

it's just preseason...I need the reps

Mr. Kotter
07-29-2005, 12:49 PM
it's just preseason...I need the reps

ROFL

keg in kc
07-29-2005, 12:50 PM
It's like going to a titty bar though; it gets you all stoked, except you are left wonderin'....Not really.

If I was actually paying for this service, I might care a little more. As it stands, I'm glad somebody's there to write something up, if for no other reason than to compare/contrast what the local talking heads have to say.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-29-2005, 12:58 PM

Huge play? Okay....

No. 23? Was that an interception...or did he have a booger he needed to get tissue for?

If it was just one or two sentences, fine. But it goes on, and on, and on....after yesterday, I thought: "Okay, it's the first day, it'll get better."

It's back folks...

Let me be the first to say this for this training camp...

THIS TEAM IS ABOUT TO IMPLODE!!

stumppy
07-29-2005, 01:04 PM
Not really.

If I was actually paying for this service, I might care a little more. As it stands, I'm glad somebody's there to write something up, if for no other reason than to compare/contrast what the local talking heads have to say.

DITTO !

ZootedGranny
07-29-2005, 01:04 PM
So Surtain got a pick, Bell made Jason Dunn fumble it, and Colquitt is destroying people's property with his punts.

TREMENDOUS

Chiefs Pantalones
07-29-2005, 01:09 PM
Has Alphonso Hodge signed yet?

Chiefs Pantalones
07-29-2005, 01:12 PM
Welbourne got into a little scuffle this morning with Wilkerson and Dalton.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-29-2005, 01:13 PM
Al Saunders said Fredex has picked up the offense fast.

beer bacon
07-29-2005, 01:16 PM
Has Alphonso Hodge signed yet?

He signed. Only guys unsigned are DJ and Crap.

ROYC75
07-29-2005, 01:18 PM
I seen this on another site..........check out the bold type . :eek: ( funny )

Friday, July 29, 2005 Morning
K.C. Chiefs Training Camp Daily Updates

The sun was shining this morning as the Chiefs took the field. The temperature was 67 degrees with a dew point of 52 degrees. The wind was from the east at 2.6 miles per hour. About 275 fans attended practice under the clear blue skies.

Offense

In an 11-player offensive drill, the Chiefs emphasized a series of catching drills for the tight ends. Quarterback Trent Green completed two passes to Kris Wilson. Quarterback Todd Collins completed two passes to Jason Dunn and one to Kris Wilson. Tight ends Willie Walden and Edwin Thompson each caught a pass from quarterback Damon Huard.

In 1-on-1 blocking drills against the offensive and defensive lines, defensive linebacker Lional Dalton landed on the ground due to a block from offensive linebacker Aaron Johnson. Afterwards, Dalton was joking around that he slipped on the grass.

Also in 1-on-1 blocking drills, a scuffle occurred between offensive linebacker Will Svitek and defensive linebacker Jared Allen. It lasted only a minute or two, and coaches and players separated the two men.

In 11-on-11 drills running and passing drills were completed. Quarterback Trent Green was seven for nine this morning. Larry Johnson had two handoffs and caught one pass. Wide reveiver Dante Hall caught one pass for 30 yards. Wide receiver Samie Parker caught two—one of 25 yards and one of 10 yards. Running back Dee Brown received one hand-off.

Quarterback Todd Collins was 5-5 in 11-on-11 drills today. Tight end Kris Wilson caught a pass for 15 yards, running back Dee Brown received a hand-off for a 6-yard run, wide receiver Marc Boerigter caught one for 5 yards, McKenzi Smith caught one for 5 yards, and wide receiver Freddie Mitchell caught one for 25 yards.

Quarterback Damon Huard went 1-4 today in 11-on-11. Samkon Gado caught one for 3 yards.

Running was emphasized in an 11-on-11 drill this morning. Running backs Larry Johnson, Dee Brown, Samkon Gado, and Tony Richardson all saw snaps during the drills.

When asked about tight end Kris Wilson's performance this morning, Vermeil said, "A little tired today and dragging a little bit, he caught some balls. His strength is he's a gifted athlete, [but he was] a little tired today because Tony Gonzalez wasn't there—that was one less tight end. He was the best receiver of the group, so he gets more reps and he wears out quicker. He's a real good package, and we're glad to have him."

Tight ends Willie Walden and Edwin Thompson spent a little extra time after practice on footwork and medicine balls drills.

Offensive lineman Thomas Barnett was getting a few pointers from fellow lineman Kevin Sampson today about blocking techniques and how to get leverage when coming off the line.

Tight ends' coach Jason Verduzco shared some words with rookie Edwin Thompson this morning. Thompson was lagging on timing during some one-on-one drills, and Verduzco was heard asking Thompson if he was OK or if he wanted to get some coffee. Thompson responded: "I'm alright coach; I'm alright."

Offensive coach Al Saunders on his thoughts about the offense: "The people we play against—I think we should be very productive—there's no reason we shouldn't be as productive as we were last year, and we're looking forward to getting better in a lot of areas. We need to define our right tackle, who's going to be our starting receiver opposite Kennison. Everybody else is coming back, so we have some back-up positions we're concerned about in relation to who it will be, not if the talent is there. We expect to be as productive as we've ever been."

Defense

Linebacker Scott Fujita was practicing today, after taking it slow yesterday and doing independent workouts and drills. Fujita, who is coming off ankle surgery, appeared to be playing at full strength. Linebacker coach Fred Pagac told Fujita during warm-ups that he was doing a good job. During 7-on-7 drills he proved that he was healthy by making a striking hit against the running back who forced a fumble.

Linebacker Mike Maslowski, who also worked out independently yesterday and helped the defensive line in drills, did not practice today. He was on the field for early morning warm-ups, left the field to the locker rooms, and did not return for the rest of morning practices. After practice, Vermeil said that Maslowski did not look 100 percent and will be waiting a bit longer to practice.

Defensive end Carlos Hall took a few extra minutes to regain composure after a hit during drills shook him up. He stepped to the side, took his helmet off and sat out for the rest of the drills. When the defense met up a few minutes later, he was back on the field at full strength.

New cornerback Patrick Surtain made his presence known with a huge play during 7-on-7 drills. No. 23 made a big pick off of quarterback Trent Green and ran into the sidelines, with his helmet falling off. The crowd was amazed at how easy he made it look, and fans seem quite pleased that the Chiefs were able to obtain Surtain.

Another new Chief, Kendrell Bell, showed off his Pro Bowl skills this morning. During 7-on-7 drills, Bell hit tight end Jason Dunn, which caused Dunn to bobble the ball and eventually fumble it. The fans and sidelines all were in awe of this big play, and you could hear a buzz around the bleachers even minutes after it was completed.

Second-year defensive end and last year's standout Jared Allen has quite a few expectations for this year's defense: "Last year we should have been a lot better." Allen hopes that the defense does a 180. He said that it was unacceptable for the defense to play the way that they did last year, having the No. 1 offense in which they had been putting up the numbers, and the defense being unable to stop the opponents. This year they are focusing on a more physical approach and being more "in-your-face." Allen came to camp physically prepared by dropping a bit of body fat and adding more muscle. He said that the best thing about camp this year is that he now has a season under his belt and knows people at camp, rather than showing up and not knowing anyone. This year, he can enjoy himself, relax a bit more and just work on getting better. His goals for camp are improve his footwork and to be more consistent with his plays.

During 11-on-11 drills, rookie Justin Perkins batted down a pass intended for wide receiver Nathaniel Curry. Corner back Benny Sapp crashed into wide receiver Jeris McIntyre, causing an incomplete pass. Defensive end Jared Allen burst around the left field and stopped running back Larry Johnson in his tracks.

All the defensive backs huddled and put their hands in after practice, breaking on "DB." Following the huddle, each took reps off the JUGS machine. First in line were Eric Warfield and Dexter McCleon leading the unit as the veterans.

Special Teams

Special teams coach Frank Gansz, Jr. got a little feisty with some players during special teams drills this morning. He seemed frustrated and was yelling as some were not redirecting their man laterally, and others were not covering their zone properly.

Fans

Mike Norman (not the River Falls author and retired UW-RF prof) and his daughter Kayla, 17, share a special bond--the Kansas City Chiefs. Together they made the trek from Kansas City, Mo., to River Falls to see the team practice. They also watch the games together during the season and catch a game live when they have the chance. This is the third year in a row that the Normans have come to camp. Mike says he will be keeping a close eye on the defense until he and Kayla make their way home tomorrow.

It looks as though people outside of the River Falls community have come to appreciate the easygoing ways of this small town. Vince Vaughan (not the movie star who got his start in "Swingers") of Kansas City, Mo., is one of those people. He came to camp with his girlfriend and some friends. "It's so relaxing," Vaughan said. "You just sit here and watch the Chiefs play. It's a great atmosphere. The whole town, the whole experience. And we have a lot of fun with each other, too."

Members from the Bridge for Hudson Youth came out to watch the Chiefs this morning. Peg Gagnon, executive director of the new organization in Hudson, Wis., was delighted to bring the kids out for a day of practice: "This is a great opportunity and experience for the group." The kids and their group leaders stood out amongst other fans with their bright yellow tie-dye shirts and were all smiles when receiving autographs from the offensive line this morning.

For nine years Betty Jones and her husband Deni have been driving their RV to River Falls to watch the Chiefs practice. Deni likes football, but Betty is a real fanatic. "She has only missed five home games since the franchise began," Deni said. "She actually schedules surgeries during bi-weeks and away games so she doesn't miss any. She is the No.1 Chiefs fan."

According to Dakota Knoll, age 12, the Chiefs "are the best team ever!" Knoll and two friends, Alex Klatt, 13, and Jacob Klatt, 6, were excited to watch the practice and get autographs. The trio is from Ellsworth, Wis.. and enjoy having the chance to see Trent Green and Priest Holmes in action.

The Beckemeyer family is at Summer Training Camp for the second time. Jeff, Michelle, Jacob and Brock are from Napoleon, Mo., 35 miles east of Kansas City. When asked what the family thought of the Chiefs, Jacob replied, "They are always good in training camp." Michelle added, "We always hope for a great season and really enjoy coming up here." The Beckemeyers are staying in town for four days.

Jim Bartley and his son, Sam, have been attending Summer Training Camp for five years. Their favorite part of camp is watching the Chiefs play, and Jim is optimistic about the 2005 season: "If we tighten up our defense, we can take No. 1 in our division this year." Both are from White Bear Lake, Minn.

Kent and Kelly Taylor, residents of Kansas City, Mo., have high expectations for the Chiefs this season. Kent observed: "They did a lot in the off-season to improve." Both believe that the team should win the division and has a good possibility of a Super Bowl appearance. Kent's favorite Chiefs player is Priest Holmes, but Kelly enjoys watching Tony Gonzalez. Kelly thinks that River Falls provides "beautiful facilities and great weather for practice."

Mahlon Earl of Kirksville, Mo., has made a few friends at Summer Training Camp this year. At a local B&B he shared blueberry pancakes with eight-year-old John Cody and watched practice with him during the morning. Along with Earl and Cody were dogs Charlie and Jack. Earl said that Jack has been a Chiefs fan for 12 years now. When asked about his predictions for the upcoming season, Earl said, "The team will for sure win the division and go deep in the playoffs." He also added, "River Falls is a beautiful place to hold camp, and I hope that they continue to hold it here."

Extra, Extra…Read All About It!

In an upcoming Disney Production, as yet untitled, Dick Vermeil will be involved in the production because he coached Vince Papele of the Philadelphia Eagles in 1976. "Vince Papele was the oldest rookie to ever make a NFL football team; he never played college football," said Vermeil. "He went to St. Joe's and was a track man—he tried out in 1976, and he made it. He sort of became an image of our football team's early years. We didn't have a first-, second-, or third-round pick, and they were making the Rocky movie [so] everyone sort of identified with him. [He was a] … great kid with a lot of enthusiasm and did a great job on special teams; that's how he made the football team." When asked if the story is true, Vermeil said, "It's not a documentary— it's a story and the basic story is true."

When the kickers practiced field goals this morning, all the kids raced to catch the balls. There were about 20 youngsters competing for a touch on a ball. One ball put out by Dustin Colquitt even hit one fan in the bleachers and mangled her cell phone!

Quarterback Trent Green spent some time after practice doing extra reps with wide receivers Jeris McIntyre and Nathaniel Curry.

Chiefs' linebacker, Wisconsin native and former UW-La Crosse football player Mike Maslowski did some short workouts and sprints following this morning's practice. He is coming off of serious knee surgery last September.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-29-2005, 01:20 PM
Fredex interview

-Freddie is going to be Freddie

-Picking up the offense fast

-If I get open, Trent will get it to me, he's a great QB, we're clicking

-Is aware the #2 WR spot is open but won't comment on that, just work hard, will get the ball

-Has a nice pair of ostrich-skinned boots to go along with the country theme of River Falls.

ROYC75
07-29-2005, 01:23 PM
I mean ......... Dalton ..defensive linbacker.

Aaron Johnson ....... Offensive linebacker .

Funny stuff.

tk13
07-29-2005, 01:23 PM

Huge play? Okay....

Every year we have this incessant complaining.... but geez, it's only the 2nd day of camp. No it's not the greatest thing ever (although you are being picky) but as far as I know most teams don't even have reports like this for training camp do they? The Star doesn't even get this detailed in it's camp reports...

Mr. Kotter
07-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Every year we have this incessant complaining.... but geez, it's only the 2nd day of camp. No it's not the greatest thing ever (although you are being picky) but as far as I know most teams don't even have reports like this for training camp do they? The Star doesn't even get this detailed in it's camp reports...

Sorry...man; I'll be sure to whip myself later. :whip:

It's just the "teacher" in me, I guess....carry on.

Dartgod
07-29-2005, 01:31 PM
I mean ......... Dalton ..defensive linbacker.

Aaron Johnson ....... Offensive linebacker .

Funny stuff.
Well, you have to admit, our linebackers were pretty offensive last year.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-29-2005, 01:38 PM
Fredex interview

-Freddie is going to be Freddie

-Picking up the offense fast

-If I get open, Trent will get it to me, he's a great QB, we're clicking

-Is aware the #2 WR spot is open but won't comment on that, just work hard, will get the ball

-Has a nice pair of ostrich-skinned boots to go along with the country theme of River Falls.

Freddie sounded real happy to be in an offense that has a QB that will go through all his progressions and have patience in the pocket, and not just go 1, 2, run-like McNabb. No offense to McNabb, but they both obviously have different strengths. McNabb is more athletic so if the option to tuck it and run with it is there, he'll do it, but Trent will hold it until the last second to make the play with his arm or throw it away. Both great QBs, IMO, that have differences, like all QBs do. Freddie may end up being a surprise, we'll see.

Iowanian
07-29-2005, 01:43 PM
"Also in 1-on-1 blocking drills, a scuffle occurred between offensive linebacker Will Svitek and defensive linebacker Jared Allen. It lasted only a minute or two, and coaches and players separated the two men. " Allen vs Svitek..........I think someone predicted Klitcho vs Drago earlier today.

I'll reitterate. I liked Maslowski's fire when he was playing, but after 1 1/2yrs of rehab, and he's not able to practice the first week, waiting another week isn't going to do it. Cut the chord and offer him an assistant coaching position.

dirk digler
07-29-2005, 01:45 PM
Rhonda Moss was reporting on 610 that FredEx burned McCleon for a TD in the morning session and that Lional Dalton is running second string which apparently he is pissed off about it.

ptlyon
07-29-2005, 01:48 PM
Rhonda Moss was reporting on 610 that FredEx burned McCleon for a TD in the morning session and that Lional Dalton is running second string which apparently he is pissed off about it.

Did she critque on how good the buffets are in R.F.?

dirk digler
07-29-2005, 01:49 PM
Did she critque on how good the buffets are in R.F.?

No but I thought it is a bad sign when DV's self proclaimed starter gets burned by FredEX.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-29-2005, 01:52 PM

In other news, my Grandma burned McCleon this morning for a touchdown.

Mr. Kotter
07-29-2005, 02:04 PM
In other news, my Grandma burned McCleon this morning for a touchdown.

Your Grandma scored with Dexter? :spock:

Chiefs Pantalones
07-29-2005, 02:07 PM
Oh great, 810 has the racing redneck boys on. :rolleyes:

They will have Al Saunders on at 4pm, though, so that's good.

ct
07-29-2005, 02:09 PM
defensive linebacker Jared Allen

huh? get it straight idiot writers...

Chiefs Pantalones
07-29-2005, 02:10 PM

Something like that... ROFL

ptlyon
07-29-2005, 02:11 PM

She's scored on everybody in the Chiefs organization.

BigRedChief
07-29-2005, 06:05 PM
She's scored on everybody in the Chiefs organization.
Its been a while since we had a good your mamma........thread. Maybe save it for the next off season.:p