PDA

View Full Version : Q&A Carl Peterson 7-29

Chiefs Pantalones
07-29-2005, 07:47 PM
Q&A with CARL PETERSON
Jul 29, 2005, 8:04:58 PM

TRAINING CAMP

Q: Can you characterize the negotiations with first-round draft choice LB Derrick Johnson?

PETERSON: “We’re having continued conversations with his representative, but nothing has been consummated. We expect to see Craphonso Thorpe and Khari Long tonight and so we just have one (draft choice) to go.”

Q: Is it reasonable to expect that Johnson will be here in the next few days?

PETERSON: “I wouldn’t speculate on any time limit on our first-round draft choice. We’re still having conversations. I had a conversation with Vann McElroy (Johnson’s representative) today. Denny (Thum) has spoken with Vann’s assistant a couple times. We understand the 13th and 14th (overall) picks have come to agreements, so when Vann and his associate see those numbers and where we are, hopefully we’ll be closer to an agreement.”

Q: Did QB Alex Smith’s deal set the bar at a certain height?

PETERSON: “I think that contract was 80 pages long. I don’t ever want to draft the first overall pick in the draft, but that’s not our problem.”

Q: The State of Wisconsin just spent $2.4 million on a new training facility. Did they set a standard for what other people might have to do, specifically in Missouri?

PETERSON: “If you haven’t seen them, we’d like to give you a tour of the new athletic facilities that the State of Wisconsin and the University of Wisconsin – River Falls have built for us, specifically for the Kansas City Chiefs. They contacted us over a year ago and said they wanted to do this. They came down to Kansas City and looked at the pro style lockers and came back up here. They were able to acquire a $1.8 million appropriation from the State of Wisconsin and another $600,000 from the student body from their fees to come up with a total $2.4 million figure for the improvement of the facilities.

“The new pro locker rooms, the training rooms, the equipment rooms are outstanding. They’re as good as I’ve seen in any NCAA Division I school, maybe even some pro locker rooms. The point is this. We come up here somewhere between 23-25 days a year and they feel it’s that important to them that they can come up with this amount of money, I’ll be candid that it’s a little bit disappointing. We went through this this past spring in Jefferson City (Missouri) that representatives there and even representatives of constituents in Jackson County could not agree on a tax that would tax no one in the state of Missouri, but only professional athletes and entertainers outside of the State of Missouri. We thought it was a very simple solution to solving a very major problem, which is becoming a large one for us at the Truman Sports Complex, specific to Arrowhead Stadium and Kauffman Stadium are going to be 33 years old this year. But our legislature in Missouri made that decision. I wouldn’t say all of them because it did pass the Senate, but it didn’t happen in the House. Yet, we come up here for 23 days and they’ve got $2.4 million of new facilities for us. I think there’s a message there. I hope the people in Missouri are listening, specifically the representatives.”

Q: Have you had an opportunity to speak with any of those legislatures who decided to vote that bill down?

PETERSON: “Yes, I have. They told myself and Clark Hunt in January and in March that they would support it and in May they did not. I don’t like people who say one thing and then change their mind. I’d rather be told directly. But they have to live with what they did and hopefully their constituents will know that the next time they come around to vote. We have a problem and we know that in Jackson County. Arrowhead Stadium and Kauffman Stadium, their magnificent facilities, but they’re 33 years old. We live there. We’re there in the inner confines of the stadium and we see the electrical, the plumbing, the concrete – it’s all 33 years old. You can’t wait until it crumbles to say ‘now we have a problem.’ There’s a short timetable to get this fixed and hopefully we will. Perhaps something like the University of Wisconsin – River Falls and the State of Wisconsin has done for us will send a message to those people in Jefferson City. ”

Q: What’s the end game as far as the Chiefs and Kansas City are concerned?

PETERSON: “It’s out of our hands. We worked hard to support a bill that we thought would facilitate to a degree at least a minimal degree of the maintenance to the stadiums, but we couldn’t get it done. We spent two years in an effort to do that. Now unfortunately, it all falls on Jackson County, the City of Kansas City and still the State of Missouri. We’ll see what happens. We want to stay, the Hunt family has made that very explicit and we hope that there are solutions that will allow us to maintain and upgrade the stadium to a state-of-the-art status that our fans can be proud of and that will facilitate their needs and will allow us to remain there for some years to come.”

tk13
07-29-2005, 07:52 PM
Coming in 2007.... say hello to your Western Wisconsin Chiefs!

Zebedee DuBois
07-29-2005, 08:00 PM
Where did all those Wisonconers get their money?

Chiefs Pantalones
07-29-2005, 08:02 PM

Brett Favre.

They worship him there.

gblowfish
07-29-2005, 08:32 PM
As I speak fluent Rufus, let me fill in some of the extraneous comments edited previously by the reporter. I believe we deserve the whole story. Here's the uncut version:

Q&A with CARL PETERSON

TRAINING CAMP

Q: Can you characterize the negotiations with first-round draft choice LB Derrick Johnson?

PETERSON: “We’re having continued conversations with his representative, but nothing has been consummated. I haven't consummated him. He hasn't consummated me. I expect to consummate Craphonso Thorpe and Khari Long tonight. Usually I need about a half hour or so between consummations. So we just might have to wait until tomorrow to consummate the one (draft choice) to go. I'm taking all the Vitamin E I can swallow."

PETERSON: “I wouldn’t speculate on any time limit on our first-round draft choice. His signing bonus is scattered across my bedspread back at the Red Roof Inn. I sleep in it. We’re still having conversations. And when I say conversations, I mean I unleash an incredibly rude and vulgar cornucopia of obscenities, froth, venom and threats. I had a "conversation" with that former Raider scum Vann McElroy (Johnson’s representative) today. Denny Thum (one of my capos) has spoken with Vann’s capo a couple times. Thum followed him around New Jersey for days. We understand the 13th and 14th (overall) picks have come to agreements, so when Vann and his associate see those numbers and where we are, hopefully we’ll make him an offer, he can't refuse.”

Q: Did QB Alex Smith’s deal set the bar at a certain height?

PETERSON: “I think that contract was 80 pages long. I don’t ever want to draft the first overall pick in the draft, even if it was offered to us as trade bait for Rich Scanlon. But that’s not my problem. It's the next GMs problem. God forbid we ever get the first player picked...like a John Elway. Too damn expensive!"

Q: The State of Wisconsin just spent $2.4 million on a new training facility. Did they set a standard for what other people might have to do, specifically in Missouri?

PETERSON: “We’d like to snatch that Fat Jackson County Ditch Pig Katherine Shields and take her for a little ride up here. Teach her some respect. Respect for Mr. Hunt. Respect for our value to the community. Give her a tour of the new athletic facilities that the State of Wisconsin and the University of Wisconsin – River Falls have built for us. Then show her a slaughterhouse, a pig feed lot, manure pits and mosquito infested bogs and ponds in this God Forsaken Freakin' Cheese Eating Land of Fat Flannel Wearin' Badger Kissin' Bastards. These local yokels contacted me over a year ago and said they wanted to pay tribute. Why? Because they fear me. They fear my wrath to unleash economic doom on their precious little Cheddar Flavored Hooterville. They came down to Kansas City and looked at the pro style lockers, squealed like piglets and high tailed it back up here. They were able to acquire a $1.8 million appropriation from the State of Wisconsin and another $600,000 from the student body from their fees to come up with a total $2.4 million figure for the improvement of the facilities. We shook em down. They paid the price. Smart. Very Smart."

“The new pro locker rooms, the training rooms, the equipment rooms are outstanding. They’re as good as I’ve seen in some pro locker rooms, and the TVs are bigger than any big city Titty Bar. The point is this. We come up here somewhere between 23-25 days a year and they feel it’s that important to them that they can come up with this amount of money, I’ll be candid that it’s a little bit disappointing. We went through this this past spring in Jefferson City that representatives there and even representatives of constituents in Jackson County could not agree on a tax that would tax no one in the state of Missouri, but only professional athletes and entertainers outside of the State of Missouri. Was that a sentence? My Zoloft is starting to kick in. Anyway, we thought it was a very simple solution to solving a very major problem, which is becoming a large one for us at the Truman Sports Complex, specific to Arrowhead Stadium and Kauffman Stadium are going to be 33 years old this year. But our legislature in Missouri made that decision. I wouldn’t say all of them because it did pass the Senate. We've been able to effectively buy their loyalty. But it didn’t happen in the House. Rat bastards. Yet, we come up here for 23 days and they’ve got $2.4 million of new facilities for us. I think there’s a message there. I swear to you, on my Mother's Grave...I will have my revenge. NOBODY SAYS NO TO CARL DELANO PETERSON... YOU HEAR ME? YOU UNNERSTAND???!!! FU*K!!! FU*K!!! YOU MOTHERF*#KING GRABASTIC PIECES OF GNAT INFESTED MONKEY SH*T!!!!! (hyperventilate...hyperventilate...) Uh, what I mean to say is, I hope the people in Missouri are listening, specifically the representatives.” (dab forehead with hankey)...

Q: Have you had an opportunity to speak with any of those legislatures who decided to vote that bill down?

PETERSON: “Yes, I have. They told myself and Clark Hunt in January and in March that they would support it and in May they did not. I don’t like people who say one thing and then change their mind. I’d rather be told directly. But they have to live with what they did and hopefully their constituents will know that the next time they come around to vote. If not, it'll become clear when they see on the news that one morning, their elected rep went out to their car...put the key in the ignition...and.....KA-BOOOOM!!!! We have a problem and we know that in Jackson County. Arrowhead Stadium and Kauffman Stadium, they're magnificent facilities, but they’re 33 years old. We live there. We’re there in the inner confines- the bowels..the intestines..the spincter, so to speak...of the stadium and we see the electrical, the plumbing, the concrete – it’s all 33 years old. You can’t wait until it crumbles to say ‘now we have a problem.’ Kind of like I'm planning to do with my wife. She's pushing 30. When she starts to crumble, we'll have a problem, believe it. "

"There’s a short timetable to get this fixed and hopefully we will. I'm currently working on year sixteen of my five year plan of NFL conquest. Perhaps something like the University of Wisconsin – River Falls and the State of Wisconsin has done for us will send a message to those people in Jefferson City. Hmmmm....the LaCrosse Chiefs. I like the sound of it..."

Q: What’s the end game as far as the Chiefs and Kansas City are concerned?

PETERSON: “It’s out of our hands. We worked hard to support a bill that we thought would facilitate to a degree at least a minimal degree of the maintenance to the stadiums, but we couldn’t get it done. We spent two years in an effort to do that. Now unfortunately, it all falls on Jackson County, the City of Kansas City and still the State of Missouri. And our fans. Did I mention they're the best fans in the NFL? We’ll see what happens. Yes...we'll see. When we say "bend over," the state needs to say "Donkey Punch?" We want to stay, the Hunt family has made that very explicit and we hope that there are solutions that will allow us to maintain and upgrade the stadium to a state-of-the-art status that our fans can be proud of and that will facilitate their needs and will allow us to remain there for some years to come.” Some years. Like, maybe five or six more. Then we'll hit the suckers up AGAIN for a new stadium. BWAAA...HA..HA..HA....(choke....chortle..wipe forehead with hankey again...whisked away by Bob Moore).

AirForceChief
07-29-2005, 08:36 PM

CHEESE TAX.

beavis
07-30-2005, 07:35 AM
I think there’s a message there. I hope the people in Missouri are listening, specifically the representatives.”
That's funny we have a message for you too Carl.

Go **** yourself.

Mr. Laz
07-30-2005, 09:53 AM
I hope the people in Missouri are listening, specifically the representatives.

carl says "SHOW ME THE MONEY!!"

BigChiefFan
07-30-2005, 09:57 AM
carl says "SHOW ME THE MONEY!!"
He made some damn good moves in the off-season but he's still an arrogant prick in my book.

Mr. Laz
07-30-2005, 09:58 AM
He made some damn good moves in the off-season but he's still an arrogant prick in my book.

yep

KCJake
07-30-2005, 12:47 PM
[QUOTE=Vanilla Thunder]Q&A with CARL PETERSON

TRAINING CAMP

PETERSON: “I wouldn’t speculate on any time limit on our first-round draft choice. We’re still having conversations. I had a conversation with Vann McElroy (Johnson’s representative) today. Denny (Thum) has spoken with Vann’s assistant a couple times. We understand the 13th and 14th (overall) picks have come to agreements, so when Vann and his associate see those numbers and where we are, hopefully we’ll be closer to an agreement.”

In other words DJ and his agent are asking for MORE MONEY than the 13th and 14th pick received. Once DJ's agent see what Brown and Davis got, it will make their demands come down enough to where the Chiefs and DJ can agree on something that works for both sides. Shouldn't be to long. Maybe Monday or Tuesday.

Mr. Laz
07-30-2005, 01:48 PM
In other words DJ and his agent are asking for MORE MONEY than the 13th and 14th pick received. Once DJ's agent see what Brown and Davis got, it will make their demands come down enough to where the Chiefs and DJ can agree on something that works for both sides. Shouldn't be to long. Maybe Monday or Tuesday.

or the chiefs aren't structuring the contract or offering what the slot requires

mikey23545
07-30-2005, 02:18 PM
Funny, but I didn't see a single statement in that interview that could be construed as arrogant - Maybe the cold unvarnished truth is a little much for some of you Missourians and your fine elected representatives...

gblowfish
07-30-2005, 02:24 PM
Funny, but I didn't see a single statement in that interview that could be construed as arrogant - Maybe the cold unvarnished truth is a little much for some of you Missourians and your fine elected representatives... Sorry Mikey, but I don't think anyone who lives in Florida should lecture anyone on the electorial process!
:shake:

mikey23545
07-30-2005, 02:26 PM
Sorry Mikey, but I don't think anyone who lives in Florida should lecture anyone on the electorial process!
:shake:

Like anywhere else, our democrats are too stupid to figure out a ballot...

I guess the entire population of Missouri is too stupid to figure out they're going to lose a football team if they don't keep their end of an agreement...

Rausch
07-30-2005, 02:48 PM
I guess the entire population of Missouri is too stupid to figure out they're going to lose a football team if they don't keep their end of an agreement...

I know that whatever people were working for Lamar were too stupid to tell him you don't start pusshing a bill in Jeff at the end of session right before the vote. You better put that bill out there early and push that bastard all year until it gets done.

redbrian
07-30-2005, 03:05 PM
Like anywhere else, our democrats are too stupid to figure out a ballot...

What you need to understand before you jump in on this Mikey is that the deal is with Jackson Co. not the state of Missouri. Through shear bullshit arogance Jackson Co. has painted themselfs in a corner which they may not get out of unless they kiss the State and the Northlands backside.

Pitt Gorilla
07-30-2005, 03:51 PM
Funny, but I didn't see a single statement in that interview that could be construed as arrogant - Maybe the cold unvarnished truth is a little much for some of you Missourians and your fine elected representatives...I agree with you, but I'm not sure it's the democrats. Missouri Republicans REFUSE to raise taxes for anyone, even though it would do a lot of good in some cases. I don't know who voted for what in this case, but I'm betting a lot of R's voted "no" on the tax.

Rausch
07-30-2005, 03:55 PM
I agree with you, but I'm not sure it's the democrats. Missouri Republicans REFUSE to raise taxes for anyone, even though it would do a lot of good in some cases. I don't know who voted for what in this case, but I'm betting a lot of R's voted "no" on the tax.

Both D's and R's voted against the tax.

Pitt Gorilla
07-30-2005, 03:56 PM
Both D's and R's voted against the tax.
I'm sure they did. I was talking about the overall political landscape of MO.