PDA

View Full Version : Fred Ex talking to media...

Fire Me Boy!
07-29-2005, 09:29 PM
Just on 5 and 41, saying basically he wanted to be a part of a team win, helping the team with catches, etc. Also, said, though, he wanted to help the team every game, and not go a game without helping... sounded like, "get me my catches." Oh well... just found it a little interesting...

Ch 9 featuring Kris WIlson now!

Fire Me Boy!
07-29-2005, 09:31 PM
Wilson back, blah blah blah... hungry to win...

Logical
07-29-2005, 09:34 PM
It is kind of funny, mostly they either say things that are not interesting, blah, blah. Or they say stupid things that we give them crap for, really I would hate to deal with that aspect of being a pro. But the rest would be nice.

Fire Me Boy!
07-29-2005, 09:35 PM
For the $$$, I'd deal with it...

beer bacon
07-29-2005, 09:46 PM
It is kind of funny, mostly they either say things that are not interesting, blah, blah. Or they say stupid things that we give them crap for, really I would hate to deal with that aspect of being a pro. But the rest would be nice.

I listened to the Mitchell interview and I did not get a mememe feel from him at all. It seemed to me like he was intentionally trying to sound like a team player as opposed to a mememe guy. When he was asked about the #2 WR spot he said he wasn't going to talk about that and just wanted to help the team win however he could.

Big Chief Homer
07-29-2005, 09:52 PM
Just on 5 and 41, saying basically he wanted to be a part of a team win, helping the team with catches, etc. Also, said, though, he wanted to help the team every game, and not go a game without helping... sounded like, "get me my catches." Oh well... just found it a little interesting...

Ch 9 featuring Kris WIlson now!

Im not gonna bitch about that statement yet.IMO i would say its a shot at the eagles and Mcnabb more than a give me the damn ball type of thing.

Ive heard him in the past say with the eagles it was like he was only a part of the team when things like 4th and 26 and the ricochet catch he made in the endzone happened.All the other things like blocking and going over the middle were overlooked and overshadowed.He felt and was made to feel like he never contributed.

I think this is more of he wants to be part of the team and be made to feel like hes part of a team.If he was worried about that he WOULDNT have come to KC.and according to carl he was made well aware of this in the beginning,

Fire Me Boy!
07-29-2005, 09:55 PM
Im not gonna bitch about that statement yet.IMO i would say its a shot at the eagles and Mcnabb more than a give me the damn ball type of thing.

Ive heard him in the past say with the eagles it was like he was only a part of the team when things like 4th and 26 and the ricochet catch he made in the endzone happened.All the other things like blocking and going over the middle were overlooked and overshadowed.He felt and was made to feel like he never contributed.

I think this is more of he wants to be part of the team and be made to feel like hes part of a team.If he was worried about that he WOULDNT have come to KC.and according to carl he was made well aware of this in the beginning,
I understand what you're saying, and even agree mostly... I'm just not sure, I certainly wasn't mad about the signing, and I think he'll end up being a low risk/high yeild investment... I think he'll make the team, be #2/3 and make a lot of contributions.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-29-2005, 10:00 PM
What's his longest catch as a pro?

Big Chief Homer
07-29-2005, 10:11 PM
think he'll end up being a low risk/high yeild investmentgree ... I think he'll make the team, be #2/3 and make a lot of contributions.

thats exactly how i feel.I hope he does rejuvenate his career.It would be nice to have a first round reciever who actually produces for what they paid for him.

Im probably gonna get it for saying this but im actually pulling for the guy.I think he got a really bad rap in phili and not getting along with Mcnabb didnt help.

chappy
07-29-2005, 10:13 PM
fred ex will be a good asset he steps up under pressure something morton never could do

Uatu
07-29-2005, 10:40 PM

60 yd.

If what he is saying is true about being underutilized in Philly, we could have a nice pickup. He ran a 4.44 at the combine, and I just read that 71% of his catches as a pro have been for first downs. Maybe just getting more passes his way will help him emerge as a deep threat. Receivers more than any other position seem to have the biggest upside/downside with changing QB's.

StcChief
07-30-2005, 12:42 AM
He will be fine with Chiefs. Wait and see.

Something more than I can say about Morton. Mr Dropsi.

Braincase
07-30-2005, 05:45 AM

Bet you a sawbuck it's shorter than Boerigter's.

TRR
07-30-2005, 06:39 AM
This is exactly what I was talking about earlier....people blowing what he says out of context.

J Diddy
07-30-2005, 06:41 AM
Bet you a sawbuck it's shorter than Boerigter's.

OH I'll take that bet....Not.

htismaqe
07-30-2005, 06:58 AM
Do not doubt the Mongoose.

BigChiefFan
07-30-2005, 09:29 AM
I listened to the Mitchell interview and I did not get a mememe feel from him at all. It seemed to me like he was intentionally trying to sound like a team player as opposed to a mememe guy. When he was asked about the #2 WR spot he said he wasn't going to talk about that and just wanted to help the team win however he could.
That's how I took it as well. F. Mitchell seemed pretty humble. He seems like a team player-I hope this pans out for us.

Braincase
07-30-2005, 09:30 AM
I wonder if he has a "No Idiotic Comments To The Media" clause in his contract.

1st String Mouth, 3rd String Brain.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-30-2005, 09:47 AM
One thing I noticed about Freddie is that he looks more built than he was last year. He looks stronger from what I saw last night on the sports.

BigChiefFan
07-30-2005, 09:50 AM
I think Mitchell has been humbled by the whole experience of only getting a one year contract and having to prove it on the field. I've got a good feeling he could become the number two WR for us with Parker in the slot. Mitchell has more experience, but it will be very interesting to see how this pans out. I'm pulling for Mitchell to make the team.

htismaqe
07-30-2005, 10:39 AM
I think Mitchell has been humbled by the whole experience of only getting a one year contract and having to prove it on the field. I've got a good feeling he could become the number two WR for us with Parker in the slot. Mitchell has more experience, but it will be very interesting to see how this pans out. I'm pulling for Mitchell to make the team.

Mitchell was a big-time playmaker in college and a 1st-round draft pick. You can never have too many of those on your team.

bringbackmarty
07-30-2005, 11:53 AM
it sounds like carl and vermiel scared him into behaving himself, at least until he makes the team. wohoo 600.

J Diddy
07-30-2005, 11:59 AM
it sounds like carl and vermiel scared him into behaving himself, at least until he makes the team. wohoo 600.

I don't think that's it at all. I think he will fit in and be productive.