PDA

View Full Version : I Have Sinned A Great Sin In The Eyes Of The Lord.

alanm
07-30-2005, 01:31 AM
I feel so cheap, dirty, demeaned, low, and filthy. In short a slut for love. What I did today was so dispicable for a Chiefs fan I don't even know how to go about being forthright in my admission. By coming here for you people to hear my confession, I hope to assuage my guilt in order to have somewhat of a peacefull night of sleep. But my soul is scarred forever. I bought Denver Bronco game tickets today :( And what's worse it's not even game tickets for the Chiefs Monday night game. :shake:
It's the Bronco's and Redskins game on Oct 9th.

My GF(Die hard misguided Bronco fan, but I still love her regardless) one night months ago whilst watching the NFL channel with me, casually mentioned that she had made a decision to attend a Bronco game this fall. And under no circumstances were the Chiefs to be the oposing team. She simply stated that she wanted to see the Bronco's play some other team for a change. Being trained to stay calm in situations where chaos and panic is about to ensue, I humored her along and mentioned at the time that tickets didn't go on sale until the end of July and I think we had this conversation sometime in early March. I filed this away as she'll forget about this and life will go on.
Last week, out of the blue, she brought over a Bronco's schedule with the date and time of the sale of single game tickets from Ticketmaster. I had no choice. Friday morning, since she was at work, I had the task of sitting here in front of my computer waiting the last few minutes before 11am. I perused the Denver schedule as Lisa had no preference as to what game to pick. She had wanted to go to a December game but I wasn't going to possibly freeze my ass off at a Bronco game that didn't involve the Chiefs. So I at least won that battle. I believe they had early season games against the Chargers, Us, Washington, New England and the Eagles to wrap up the end of October. Which now just occurs to me the Bronco's have 5 home games before November. Their on the road for most of the 2nd half of the season. :)
I chose the Skins game. Since you figure a couple of thousand Donk fans are waiting in que for their turn to order tickets for the more marque games. I didn't have to wait long to order tickets for the Redskins game. It only dawned on me afterwards that the Chiefs had a open date that weekend.
My GF hasn't been to a game yet at Invesco. That was the main reason for her urge to see a game this fall. She works weekends at her job. I've been over every year save the game last fall for the Chiefs game since it's been open.
But it's a Bronco game sans the Chiefs.
Waiting in que to even BUY Bronco tickets was such a oogie feeling it gave me a queasy stomach.
I feel like a willing whore.
I may go to confession tomorrow and hope not to burst into flames upon passing the vestibule. I may skip the Holy Water. No wait, strike that.... I will need that. I just hope it doesn't leave scars.
I'm going to hell. :deevee:
Help me.

Rausch
07-30-2005, 01:33 AM
You should have picked a game they looked a lock to lose...

CosmicPal
07-30-2005, 01:35 AM

That would be all of them.

CosmicPal
07-30-2005, 01:38 AM
Before you go to bed, you must say 16 Hail Mary's, burn a Bronco item, and beg your forgiveness to the Planet. Oh wait, you just did the last one. Ok...you must spank your girlfriend until she starts crying out the entire offensive line of the Chiefs.

alanm
07-30-2005, 01:41 AM
Well, I forgot to mention these tickets are part of her Birthday gifts. But Denver overlooks teams or plays down to the level of their competition more often than the Chiefs. So I figure I got a good shot of witnessing a upset perhaps. ROFL

alanm
07-30-2005, 01:46 AM
Before you go to bed, you must say 16 Hail Mary's, burn a Bronco item, and beg your forgiveness to the Planet. Oh wait, you just did the last one. Ok...you must spank your girlfriend until she starts crying out the entire offensive line of the Chiefs.
The Hail Mary's are no problem but 16 seems a tad too many. :) I don't even have... Yes I do. I've got a couple of beer/ pop cups from comemorating Pile High in it's last year collecting dust in the cubboard. We'll see how the spanking goes. :p

Brando
07-30-2005, 01:54 AM
Burn the tickets...sell your girlfriend into white slavery and then jump off the highest point in Incestco. Then all will be forgiven my son..or you will be dead. Either way..no more guilt.

Nzoner
07-30-2005, 02:02 AM

At least he picked the game during KC's bye.

Fire Me Boy!
07-30-2005, 02:03 AM
THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!

alanm
07-30-2005, 02:14 AM
THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!
To make matters worse we'll be celebrating my Birthday which is on the 5th.
I'm gonna have a great time. If the Bronco's win well.... I'll still be in line for some birthday nookie :p But if they lose... :(

But I wanna see them lose. It would bring me great joy.
I'm in a no win situation no matter.

Nzoner
07-30-2005, 02:15 AM
For your penance you must wear Chiefs gear to that game.Now let's hope our prayers are answered and KC leaves there with a week 3 W

ChiefFripp
07-30-2005, 03:30 AM
Big deal, I'd pay to see Plummer make an ass out of himself while The Broncos rack up another loss too. I salute you on your purchase.

Mr Grimm
07-30-2005, 03:34 AM
To make matters worse we'll be celebrating my Birthday which is on the 5th.
I'm gonna have a great time. If the Bronco's win well.... I'll still be in line for some birthday nookie :p But if they lose... :(

But I wanna see them lose. It would bring me great joy.
I'm in a no win situation no matter.

well...you could ask for a birthday request.
make her wear a Bronco's helmet while you......
that way if they win, you still get to see them get fugged. :p

Fire Me Boy!
07-30-2005, 03:39 AM
But then he'd have to deal with a Bronco in his bed... it's one thing for her to be a fan, but to advertise that fact while they're ****ing... :shake:

Mr Grimm
07-30-2005, 03:41 AM
But then he'd have to deal with a Bronco in his bed... it's one thing for her to be a fan, but to advertise that fact while they're ****ing... :shake:

ok...ok...
he can wear his chiefs helmet if he wants!

Fire Me Boy!
07-30-2005, 03:42 AM
ok...ok...
he can wear his chiefs helmet if he wants!
That might make it better...

Mr Grimm
07-30-2005, 03:45 AM
That might make it better...

Damn right it will!!!

Rausch
07-30-2005, 03:49 AM
At least he picked the game during KC's bye.

I didn't even notice that.

http://images.usatoday.com/money/_photos/2004/12/27/inside1-guinness.jpg

"Brilliant!1!"

jspchief
07-30-2005, 05:23 AM
I feel your pain brother.

I'm married to a Broncos fan, so have plenty of experience with this. So far, I've only attended one donkey game that wasn't against KC, and that was at Texas stadium on Thanksgiving, so at least it wasn't in enemy territory.

Braincase
07-30-2005, 05:28 AM
Say three "Our O-Lines", four "Hail Vermeil's" and be sure to spend Sundays with your Priest.

Skip Towne
07-30-2005, 05:58 AM
Actually, your sin occurred when you took up with a Bronco fan. You should have known this would happen.

4th and Long
07-30-2005, 06:04 AM
Say three "Our O-Lines", four "Hail Vermeil's" and be sure to spend Sundays with your Priest.
Outstanding!!! ROFL

J Diddy
07-30-2005, 06:39 AM
I got lucky.

Mine started as niner fan, not too much coverage of them here. Sunday after Sunday I made her record the games for me to watch after I got off work.

It sunk in, No more 49ers. I think it's called brainwashing, but at least I got my way.

htismaqe
07-30-2005, 06:40 AM
Damn, alan...and here I thought you were going to tell us about rooting for K-State. :D

alanm
07-30-2005, 07:45 AM
I got lucky.

Mine started as niner fan, not too much coverage of them here. Sunday after Sunday I made her record the games for me to watch after I got off work.

It sunk in, No more 49ers. I think it's called brainwashing, but at least I got my way.
I'll never be able to turn her from the dark side. Oooh... Did I just have a gochiefs moment? :spock: :banghead:

alanm
07-30-2005, 07:46 AM
Damn, alan...and here I thought you were going to tell us about rooting for K-State. :D
I haven't stared into the abyss yet. :)

J Diddy
07-30-2005, 07:58 AM
I'll never be able to turn her from the dark side. Oooh... Did I just have a gochiefs moment? :spock: :banghead:

Um the darkness has taken ahold of you. First the broncs then a gochiefs moment.

May god have mercy on your soul.

Braincase
07-30-2005, 08:29 AM
My wife is not a football fan, and wears the "football widow" sackloth and ashes mourning wardrobe well.

My favorite teams are the Chiefs and whoever is playing the Broncos and Raiders. When the Broncos and Raiders play each other, I hope for a lot of cheap shots with suspensions and huge fines.

Over-Head
07-30-2005, 08:39 AM
I feel your pain alanm :banghead:

Here I am a Ra!der's fan, 4 months away from marrying a Panther's fan. Between the pair of us we can't even win a Super Bowl. How the hell are we gonna work this one out? :hmmm:

About the only trouble we have is when the Panthers and my boys are on at the same time. Which one gets taped?

J Diddy
07-30-2005, 09:06 AM
I feel your pain alanm :banghead:

Here I am a Ra!der's fan, 4 months away from marrying a Panther's fan. Between the pair of us we can't even win a Super Bowl. How the hell are we gonna work this one out? :hmmm:

About the only trouble we have is when the Panthers and my boys are on at the same time. Which one gets taped?

Just pray they don't wind up in the superbowl at the same time.

Over-Head
07-30-2005, 09:19 AM
Just pray they don't wind up in the superbowl at the same time.
That's a given.
It'd be a no win situation for me in this place.
If we won, "thats cuz the Panthers suck" :rolleyes:
If we lose "See your team really does suck" :(

stevieray
07-30-2005, 09:22 AM
I couldn't do it....you're a good man.

Iowanian
07-30-2005, 09:26 AM
You spend 30 years in law enforcement...and people don't call you "Alan 5-0"

You put out 300 fires on the local volunteer fire DP.....and the locals don't call you "Alan the fireman"

You spend 20 years handsawing Lumber in the Yukon..and they dont' call you "Alan the Lumberjack"

.....but you get caught Humping 1 Donkey......

Over-Head
07-30-2005, 09:28 AM
She could have picked any team she wanted, as when we met she flatly refused to be a "football widow".
Even so much so that were having a foot ball theme wedding, and the colors are "Silver and Black" ROFL

mlyonsd
07-30-2005, 09:31 AM

You put out 300 fires on the local volunteer fire DP.....and the locals don't call you "Alan the fireman"

You spend 20 years handsawing Lumber in the Yukon..and they dont' call you "Alan the Lumberjack"

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Reminds me of when I was young and my mom lecturing my sister about avoiding getting a reputation. She said once you had one, you'd never lose it.

Gawd my mom was one smart cookie.

4th and Long
07-30-2005, 09:34 AM

Beautiful use of a very old and classic joke. :clap:

Mr. Laz
07-30-2005, 09:57 AM
your going to hell ............ sinner!!

Pitt Gorilla
07-30-2005, 10:05 AM
How the f*ck do you end up with a Bronco's fan as a girlfriend? Isn't that issue number 1?

Nzoner
07-30-2005, 10:20 AM

I don't know sometimes I think I'd love it if the my mrs were a donkey or raider fan,anything but focking NASCAR.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-30-2005, 11:06 AM
Everyone has been quite forgiving of this. The fact that it is during the Chefs bye week is better, however the only real repentence I see out of this is if you dress up as one of the Hogettes and taunt Donkey fans all day by hiking up your skirt and farting in their general di-rection. May your soul be saved.

Nzoner
07-30-2005, 11:18 AM
I could loan you my Super Bowl XXII cap to wear.