PDA

View Full Version : Did something yesterday I haven't done in years....

Mosbonian
07-31-2005, 09:53 AM
Was playing in the Show-Me State Games Co-ed Softball Tournament, and struck out swinging!! :banghead:......not just fouled off the 3rd strike, I actually whiffed on strike 3!!

Damn was I embarassed.....

The only good part about yesterday was that one of the gals that we got to play on the team was a rabid Chief's fan...told her about the website..hopes she checks it out.

mmaddog

mlyonsd
07-31-2005, 09:56 AM
I hope you're not talking slow pitch.

Mosbonian
07-31-2005, 09:59 AM
Yes...it was slow pitch...... :banghead: :banghead:

mmaddog

htismaqe
07-31-2005, 10:00 AM
Damn. I figured you were gonna tell us all you got laid.

mlyonsd
07-31-2005, 10:04 AM
Yes...it was slow pitch...... :banghead: :banghead:

mmaddog

Rather then laugh I'd just like to say you show great character at starting this thread.

Unless of course another planeteer witnessed it and hasn't posted yet so you're just taking the offensive and beating them to the punch. In that case I'd say you were a smart man.

gblowfish
07-31-2005, 10:06 AM
Hey, you'll probably get a call from Allard Baird next week.
Royals need a corner outfielder, and striking out is no big deal.
John Buck strikes out looking all the time!

Mosbonian
07-31-2005, 10:08 AM
No Planeteer witnessed the event...

mmaddog

Mosbonian
07-31-2005, 10:10 AM
Damn. I figured you were gonna tell us all you got laid.

Hey..i've got two kids to prove I've actually had sex twice in 21 years of Marriage....which is probably once more than a lot of people on the Planet.

mmaddog

ROYC75
07-31-2005, 10:14 AM
A strikeout ? Damn ! :eek: I'm not sure I would have made a thread about it...........

In the 18 years I played slow pitch, I never recalled hitting a foul ball for strike 3 , much less wiffing at it.

I feel you shame........ Here's some Rep for admitting it.

htismaqe
07-31-2005, 10:18 AM
Hey..i've got two kids to prove I've actually had sex twice in 21 years of Marriage....which is probably once more than a lot of people on the Planet.

mmaddog

It depends on your definition of "is". :D

Mosbonian
07-31-2005, 10:20 AM
A strikeout ? Damn ! :eek: I'm not sure I would have made a thread about it...........

In the 18 years I played slow pitch, I never recalled hitting a foul ball for strike 3 , much less wiffing at it.

I feel you shame........ Here's some Rep for admitting it.

Thanks for the rep.....

I guess I could try and throw around an excuse....like I played Fast Pitch the night before, but the fact is you should never strike out in Slo-Pitch.

mmaddog

Mosbonian
07-31-2005, 10:22 AM
It depends on your definition of "is". :D

Now that's funny...

mmaddog

patteeu
07-31-2005, 10:40 AM
Rather then laugh I'd just like to say you show great character at starting this thread.

Unless of course another planeteer witnessed it and hasn't posted yet so you're just taking the offensive and beating them to the punch. In that case I'd say you were a smart man.

No Planeteer witnessed the event...

mmaddog

But...

The only good part about yesterday was that one of the gals that we got to play on the team was a rabid Chief's fan...told her about the website..hopes she checks it out.

mmaddog

Iowanian
07-31-2005, 11:15 AM
Screw these Barry Bonds of slowpitch wanna be's....

5 years ago, I was on a Slowpitch team from work....we had a couple of kids who played college ball down to an uncoordinated guy who'd never been on any organized team. It was for fun.........but we developed a rivalrlyl with a team of long haired hippys.

I played Center field and fancied myself pretty decent and was a pretty reliable hitter....not a bomber, but I could usually bounce a couple to the fence a game.

In the end of season league tourn, for the marbles, vs the hippies.........I hit a ball and pulled a quad pretty bad in hte first inning. We only had 9 guys...so I slapped on some icy hot, and wrapped it as tight as I could stand with an ace and moved to catcher(I couldn't run for shiate)

Next at bat.......I whiffed a 3rd strike.

last inning.....down by 1, bases loaded, 2 outs, vs the hated Hippies...Iowanian at the plate. The situation you pretend about as a kid..

Grounded out to Pitcher.

I don't think I'd grounded out or struck out the entire season(10-15 games I suppose...small league).

Iowanian hosed it up for everyone.

I suppose my timing was screwed up from the bad left thigh, but man did that suk baows.

Skip Towne
07-31-2005, 11:38 AM

5 years ago, I was on a Slowpitch team from work....we had a couple of kids who played college ball down to an uncoordinated guy who'd never been on any organized team. It was for fun.........but we developed a rivalrlyl with a team of long haired hippys.

I played Center field and fancied myself pretty decent and was a pretty reliable hitter....not a bomber, but I could usually bounce a couple to the fence a game.

In the end of season league tourn, for the marbles, vs the hippies.........I hit a ball and pulled a quad pretty bad in hte first inning. We only had 9 guys...so I slapped on some icy hot, and wrapped it as tight as I could stand with an ace and moved to catcher(I couldn't run for shiate)

last inning.....down by 1, bases loaded, 2 outs, vs the hated Hippies...Iowanian at the plate. The situation you pretend about as a kid..

Grounded out to Pitcher.

I don't think I'd grounded out or struck out the entire season(10-15 games I suppose...small league).

I suppose my timing was screwed up from the bad left thigh, but man did that suk baows.
Hooray for the Hippies. They were prolly more "relaxed" than the rednecks.

patteeu
07-31-2005, 12:01 PM

Grounded out to Pitcher.

If you would have smoked a doobie before the game like the hippies, you would have been too loose to pull that quad.

patteeu
07-31-2005, 12:02 PM
Hooray for the Hippies. They were prolly more "relaxed" than the rednecks.

LOL, I guess you already covered this ground. You potheads are quick! Sorry for the repeat.

Mosbonian
07-31-2005, 12:35 PM

Grounded out to Pitcher.

I'd like to think I am a Barry Bonds of Slo Pitch, but i am more like a George Brett line drive kinda guy....

mmaddog

Phobia
07-31-2005, 12:40 PM
Heh heh. I did that once. Watched an inside pitch - didn't like the trajectory so decided to take the strike when I realized I already had a strike on me (1-1 starting count)..... Got the bat around praying for a foul tip. Missed by a foot. That was brutal.

At least I didn't start a thread about it. :D

Mosbonian
07-31-2005, 04:10 PM
Heh heh. I did that once. Watched an inside pitch - didn't like the trajectory so decided to take the strike when I realized I already had a strike on me (1-1 starting count)..... Got the bat around praying for a foul tip. Missed by a foot. That was brutal.

Texas Twister rules are what really suck....you start with a 3-2 count. Talk about getting a lot of strikeouts when you are a pitcher.

At least I didn't start a thread about it. :D

At my age, when you are still playing ball you look at it and laugh at youself......if I was as young as you I probably would not have mentioned it... :p

mmaddog

mlyonsd
07-31-2005, 06:13 PM

mmaddog

Ugh, in reality all that proves is your wife has had sex twice in the last 21 years.

Not to burst your balloon or anything.

Mosbonian
07-31-2005, 08:17 PM
Ugh, in reality all that proves is your wife has had sex twice in the last 21 years.

Not to burst your balloon or anything.

My kids look too much like me to not be mine....

mmaddog

4th and Long
07-31-2005, 08:29 PM
I just cant let this pass ...

Heeeeeeeeey batter batter batter batter ... suhwiiiiiing batter!
http://www.80s.com/saveferris/images/multi/baseball.jpg

:D

:p

Logical
07-31-2005, 08:33 PM
I was hoping to hear a story about a renewed aquaintance with Reefer madness. Striking out, mmaddog you are a madman I tell ya.:D

Coogs
07-31-2005, 09:19 PM
Back in the 80's, when I was in college, I played on a co-ed slow pitch softball team. We were pretty darn good too! A couple of the girls on the team were varsity players on the college basketball team, and a couple of the guys played some varsity sports too. As a team, we made it to the semi-finals of the college intramural tournament. Anyway, one day the wind was blowing in from center field, and we may have the distinction of being the only team in history to be no hit in a slow pitch softball game (5 innings). :)