PDA

View Full Version : Who is the 2nd best QB in the AFCW?

cmh6476
07-31-2005, 01:18 PM
if we had to (please God no!) which of the 3 would you want QBin your team? :shrug:

:Lin:

Bowser
07-31-2005, 01:19 PM
Am I missing something here?

|Zach|
07-31-2005, 01:19 PM
Why would Kerry Collins, Jake Plummer, or Drew Brees coach my team.

HemiEd
07-31-2005, 01:20 PM
So far, after last year, Drew Breeeeze. Here is hoping that was a fluke and they all suck.

Edit: Coachin'? WTF

cmh6476
07-31-2005, 01:21 PM
u guys know what I meant :(

ChiefFripp
07-31-2005, 01:25 PM
Plummer

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

lol j/k Brees

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
07-31-2005, 01:28 PM
Todd Collins

Mile High Mania
07-31-2005, 01:41 PM
I know this is directed to KC fans... I'll view this as ranking the QBs in the AFC West. Green is definitely the #1 QB... after that though, I really don't know how I would rank them.

Yes, Brees did really well in 2004, but was it a fluke? The unknown prevents me from locking him in at #2. Collins has been as up and down as Plummer and going into 2005, I think all 3 have a great shot at having nice seasons.

Collins, Plummer and Brees could each approach 3,800+ passing yards with 25-30 TDs. I think in reality, Collins-Plummer-Brees will finish in that order 1,2 and 3 in passing TDs. Also, Plummer and Collins will throw more INTs than Brees.

I would likely call it a 3-way tie for second at this point as none of them really has done anyting on a consistent basis to stand out.

Go ahead and call that the cowardly approach, but I honestly don't see either of the 3 standing out more than the others. Now, if Brees comes close to matching the type of production and TD/INT ration that he had in 2004... then he could easily lock himself into that #2 spot, should Collins and Plummer do well and maintain high INTs.

Just my $.02

easymobee
07-31-2005, 03:33 PM
2 of the AFC West QB's have won a playoff game as a starter.

2 of them have not.

thats all i need to know about that.

Phobia
07-31-2005, 03:34 PM

2 of them have not.

Ouch. True.

Mile High Mania
07-31-2005, 03:43 PM

2 of them have not.

But, neither has won a playoff game with their current teams.... I don't care much for what Plummer did with the Cards or Collins with the Giants. Although, it's nice to say they have won a game... I like that Plummer beat Dallas. I really hate Dallas.

Rausch
07-31-2005, 03:45 PM
Todd Collins

http://www.hoopsforchildren.org/2003/Tyler%20&%20Zachary-thumbs%20up.JPG

Mile High Mania
07-31-2005, 03:47 PM
That one kid looks like he's "squeezing one out"...

Rausch
07-31-2005, 03:54 PM
That one kid looks like he's "squeezing one out"...

From excitement. He knows that preseason is all 0dd T0dd time baby. YEAH!1!

Ultra Peanut
07-31-2005, 04:09 PM
http://www.hoopsforchildren.org/2003/Tyler%20&%20Zachary-thumbs%20up.JPG
Okay, creepy. I downloaded that pic to use in the bombdiggitynator (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2594428), before deciding to go with something else.

Oh, and as for the "mildly-ghey sketch show on Comedy Central," I think they've already filled their quota in that regard.

cmh6476
07-31-2005, 07:53 PM
I wonder if it'll end up bein Phillip Rivers...

TEX
07-31-2005, 10:32 PM

2 of them have not.

Well QB's like Giff Neilson and Trent Dilfer won a playoff game or two and they still weren't all that great. If you do some research on the subject, you'll find there are more who won playoff games and weren't that good. So, I think you shoud expand your knowledge on the subject somewhat. :hmmm:

Fishpicker
07-31-2005, 11:40 PM
brees was the only QB to show any consistency at all even if it was only one year.

Mile High Mania
07-31-2005, 11:45 PM
brees was the only QB to show any consistency at all even if it was only one year.

I don't know that 1 year from Brees should cancel out the fact that Collins has actually had success and led a team to the Super Bowl. Let's see if he can come close to duplicating his success... he is 4-3 in the playoffs, but like Plummer he has more career INTs than TDs. On that note, both Plummer and Collins should have more career TDs than INTs after this season though. Collins has to overcome a deficit of 1 and Plummer a deficit of 9 on that ratio...

Fishpicker
08-01-2005, 12:14 AM
I don't know that 1 year from Brees should cancel out the fact that Collins has actually had success and led a team to the Super Bowl. Let's see if he can come close to duplicating his success... he is 4-3 in the playoffs, but like Plummer he has more career INTs than TDs. On that note, both Plummer and Collins should have more career TDs than INTs after this season though. Collins has to overcome a deficit of 1 and Plummer a deficit of 9 on that ratio...

true

Collins has only had 2 seasons with a QB rating over 80, thats not even marginally good or consistent. Moss will improve Collins' numbers but Moss is the threat; Collins just benefits from it. aside from that, Collins can be intimidated from a big hit. He's been like that ever since his jaw was broken.

Plummer has done better in that he has revived his career with the broncos but he's always at risk of returning to his old form.

Brees is just now entering his prime so things seem to be on the up and up for him.