PDA

View Full Version : ? about Paypal and donating

the Talking Can
07-31-2005, 09:56 PM
Phil,

I was making another (small) donation when I noticed Paypal was charging a $5 "shipping and handling" fee on the transaction.

I didn't remember this from the first time. Is this normal?

Has anyone else encountered this? I'm confused as to why they'd require that on a simple credit card transaction.

Thanks for any info.

Logical
07-31-2005, 10:04 PM
Phil,

I was making another (small) donation when I noticed Paypal was charging a $5 "shipping and handling" fee on the transaction.

Has anyone else encountered this? I'm confused as to why they'd require that on a simple credit card transaction.

Thanks for any info.I don't use paypal but I do know that MC and Visa charge 2.5% to all the places that take their cards for the service. I imagine this is just paypal covering those costs.

the Talking Can
07-31-2005, 10:07 PM
I don't use paypal but I do know that MC and Visa charge 2.5% to all the places that take their cards for the service. I imagine this is just paypal covering those costs.

hmmm, maybe but $5 would be 2.5% of what? a lot...I just couldn't pull the trigger when $5 was like 25% of my donation.

BigRedChief
07-31-2005, 10:08 PM
Phil,

Thanks for any info.

I used Paypal to give some money to the site and to buy some Chiefsplanet gear. I've used it to buy some Chiefscoaltion gear. Never been charged the $5.00.

Miles
07-31-2005, 10:10 PM
They shouldnt charge you to send money. If you use a credit card the fee is usually taken out of the amount being received.

the Talking Can
07-31-2005, 10:11 PM
when I'm taken to the initial page the "shipping and handling" charge is $0...but then when I sign in and am taken to the "review charges" page the extra $5 shows up with no way to remove or alter it.

Wierd.

Taco John
07-31-2005, 10:17 PM
when I'm taken to the initial page the "shipping and handling" charge is $0...but then when I sign in and am taken to the "review charges" page the extra $5 shows up with no way to remove or alter it.

Wierd.

I'm guessing that this is something that Phil set up with regards to costs for delivering hats and shirts and stuff...

BigRedChief
07-31-2005, 10:23 PM
I'm guessing that this is something that Phil set up with regards to costs for delivering hats and shirts and stuff...

Yes, I did pay for shipping and handling for the Planet Gear but not to just contribute to the site.