PDA

View Full Version : Teicher on 610..."Mitchell...star of camp"

the Talking Can
08-01-2005, 06:43 AM
Let the hype begin!

DJ is immediate starter.
Shields should be ok (not clear how he knows this).
Fredex is in trouble if he misses more than 2 weeks.
Chiefs don't expect Parker to take all the snaps at #2 during the season. They want him to split some time with Dante (I didn't understand this point).

p.s.

He didn't mention Scanlon, but I'm sure it was an oversight.

tomahawk kid
08-01-2005, 06:48 AM
Let the hype begin!

DJ is immediate starter.
Chiefs don't expect Parker to take all the snaps at #2 during the season. They want him to split some time with Dante (I didn't understand this point).

I assume he was talking about Ka-weak-a?

ZootedGranny
08-01-2005, 06:49 AM
As I've said elsewhere, the Chiefs have got to get a good year out of Mitchell. I think Bell will stay healthy and wreak havok, I think Derrick Johnson will be all over the field making plays, and I think the secondary should hold up better than it did last year.

But the Chiefs can't afford Kawika looking lost in coverage or getting eaten up by blockers. He doesn't have to be the star of the LB corps, but he can't be the weakest link on defense either.

As excited as I am to see DJ on the field, I'm going to be watching Kawika during the preseason to see if everything has clicked for him.

the Talking Can
I assume he was talking about Ka-weak-a?

yes

Bootlegged
I'll have confidence in this D once they show they can stop a 7th grade bootleg play.

petegz28
08-01-2005, 07:08 AM
I didn't get the Parker\Dante split thing either. Everything I have heard was they want Dante to focus more on Kick Returns and not route running. Dante is NOT a #2 receiver END OF STORY.

Lzen
08-01-2005, 07:18 AM
I'll have confidence in this D once they show they can stop a 7th grade bootleg play.

That's funny and a very good point. But did you notice the huge difference in the Chiefs' defense of that Plummer bootleg in December compared to the way they played it at Denver in September? Huge difference.

jiveturkey
08-01-2005, 07:30 AM
I didn't get the Parker\Dante split thing either. Everything I have heard was they want Dante to focus more on Kick Returns and not route running. Dante is NOT a #2 receiver END OF STORY.He also mentioned Boe and Horn as the possible time splitters.

Fire Me Boy!
08-01-2005, 07:35 AM
I didn't get the Parker\Dante split thing either. Everything I have heard was they want Dante to focus more on Kick Returns and not route running. Dante is NOT a #2 receiver END OF STORY.
In my Madden 05 franchise, in 3rd year, Dante became my #1 starter and led the league in yards... ended up retiring with me at age 34 with a 98 overall.

TEX
08-01-2005, 07:51 AM

Dante should not even be # 3 on this team.

htismaqe
08-01-2005, 08:50 AM
If the light should come on for Kawika, can you imagine what our LB corp would look like?

:drool:

the Talking Can
08-01-2005, 08:54 AM
If the light should come on for Kawika, can you imagine what our LB corp would look like?

fast and badass

everything hinges on Sims and Mitchell right up the middle...our D will be as good as they are...but, regardless, our LB core should be night and day different from last year...and now we have good depth too with Fujita and Fox on the bench

BigRedChief
08-01-2005, 09:10 AM

No chit man. Maybe even be able to cover up having McCleon out there for 4 games getting picked on. Can't you just see T.O. and Moss salivating at the chance to go deep on him? Hopefully Sammy Knight will be able to help in coverage.

htismaqe
08-01-2005, 09:12 AM
fast and badass

everything hinges on Sims and Mitchell right up the middle...our D will be as good as they are...but, regardless, our LB core should be night and day different from last year...and now we have good depth too with Fujita and Fox on the bench

I'm having some hope for Mitchell...it's kinda hard to have hope for Sims at this point. But he was injured, and he did play for Greg Robinson.

We'll see.

ChiTown
08-01-2005, 09:13 AM

I'd take it a step further.......

If Sims could play like a 1st rd pick, and we have "some" assemblance of a pass rush in 05, can you imagine what our Defense would look like?

keg in kc
08-01-2005, 09:14 AM
I'd take it a step further.......

If Sims could play like a 1st rd pick, and we have "some" assemblance of a pass rush in 05, can you imagine what our Defense would look like?Just like last year's....

Except for the "suck" part.

Chiefnj
08-01-2005, 09:19 AM
Let the hype begin!

DJ is immediate starter.

p.s.

He didn't mention Scanlon, but I'm sure it was an oversight.

So this morning Teicher says Fredex is in trouble if he's out more than two weeks? Is he aware that yesterday Vermeil indicated Fredex is a lock to make the team even if he misses more time?

It looks like there really isn't much competition in camp as I thought there would be. Maybe which veteran corner makes it and who the final safety will be.

ChiTown
08-01-2005, 09:29 AM
So this morning Teicher says Fredex is in trouble if he's out more than two weeks? Is he aware that yesterday Vermeil indicated Fredex is a lock to make the team even if he misses more time?

It looks like there really isn't much competition in camp as I thought there would be. Maybe which veteran corner makes it and who the final safety will be.

WR is a def. weakness. I think DV/CP are secretly hoping Crap has some game, or that Boe is the man many proclaim him to be. I'll say this much, if Dante is the #2 going into the season, we're in trouble with that spot. Let's hope Samie gets it done in camp and clearly separates himself from Dante. I love Dante, but he should not be playing as an everydown WR.

RINGLEADER
08-01-2005, 09:58 AM
Wasn't Teicher saying Bartee was the star of camp a year and/or two ago?

the Talking Can
08-01-2005, 10:09 AM
I'm having some hope for Mitchell...it's kinda hard to have hope for Sims at this point. But he was injured, and he did play for Greg Robinson.

We'll see.

Yeah, I don't actually have any hope for Sims...which means we still have a big problem on D...any chance we have of being higher than #15 on D rests with him, imho.

But our LB core will be significantly better which should mean fewer blown 3rd downs and more chances for our Offense.

BigRedChief
08-01-2005, 10:11 AM

Yes he did but don't rain on the Planet's good nature today with facts.:p

the Talking Can
08-01-2005, 10:20 AM
I don't see anybody who is claiming Mitchell is born again.

We're just excited about the possibilities. Nothing is proven till he does it in a game.

Why does every thread have to have someone claiming to be the "rational" one when we're all clearly dealing in "what-if's"?

Michael Michigan
08-01-2005, 10:21 AM

You're ruining my off-season high.

;)

Chiefnj
08-01-2005, 10:23 AM
What happened to the star of mini-camp Keyaron Fox? In May he was the 2nd coming of Donnie Edwards. No news on him the last week.

ptlyon
08-01-2005, 10:26 AM
What happened to the star of mini-camp Keyaron Fox? In May he was the 2nd coming of Donnie Edwards. No news on him the last week.

Can't you see that K.M. is the flavor of the week?

J Diddy
08-01-2005, 10:42 AM

It's Teicher and that's what the magic 8 ball told him to write.

Chiefnj
08-01-2005, 10:44 AM
Can't you see that K.M. is the flavor of the week?

Yes, I read that the Amish Assassin has been tearing it up this week.