PDA

View Full Version : Willie Roaf has made it clear he will probably retire after this year?

htismaqe
08-01-2005, 06:12 PM
That's what Kevin Keitzman said this evening while talking to Bob Fescoe about camp.

They were talking about the age of the offense when he said, verbatim, what I posted in the subject.

Everything I have heard and read to this point has Roaf wanting to play a couple of more years. Did he change his mind and I missed it? Or is this just the prodigously well-researched Keitzman talking out of his ass again?

siberian khatru
08-01-2005, 06:14 PM
Did KK say it or Fescoe?

go bo
08-01-2005, 06:17 PM
all i've heard is that willie plans on a couple more years...

and if we do really well this year and get a shot at the big dance, i think he's even more likely to come back next year and maybe one more...

the Talking Can
08-01-2005, 06:21 PM
Roaf said that McCleon would be our starting CB.

I can't believe he'd say that this early in camp.

TRR
08-01-2005, 06:22 PM
yawn...

htismaqe
08-01-2005, 06:26 PM
KK said it.

He said, and I quote "Willie Roaf has made it clear that he will probably be done after this year."

siberian khatru
08-01-2005, 06:27 PM
I'm guessing if KK said it, it's because he theorizes that Carl has pissed off Roaf and he's decided he'd rather retire than play for that SOB.

If Roaf starts missing any plane flights, we'll know something's up.

Kylo Ren
08-01-2005, 06:29 PM
The last I heard, during mini camps, Roaf said he could play for 3 more years. I don't know if that included this year or not.

I also heard KK's comment that Roaf has said this will be his last year. I thought that was an odd comment. I've never heard Roaf say that.

petegz28
08-01-2005, 06:36 PM
I am tired of KK and all the others at both radio stations crying about th eChiefs and DV and last year! I swear to God on the way home this afternoon they were having a whineing party on 610 and it was all about last year and DV naming McCleon the starter.

Messier
08-01-2005, 07:13 PM
KK was trying to get Fescoe to say it was because of things Peterson said about getting to camp that made DJ miss his flight. Fescoe was trying in the nicest way possible to say that's nuts. KK wouldn't let it go. If you disagree with him he just keeps saying the same thing only louder. He kept half quoting Peterson and every time he would make him sound more gruff and mean, it made KK sound foolish.

RealSNR
08-01-2005, 07:46 PM
I think it's KK talking out of his ass again. He added the probably in there to cover his ass if/when he turns out to be wrong.

So this statement of his is absolutely worthless. Move along. Nothing to see here.

alanm
08-01-2005, 07:49 PM
Keitzman is a Bronco fan. Need anything else be said? :shake:

Rain Man
08-01-2005, 09:54 PM
I think that Will Shields has said that this will be his last year, which makes me want to cry. To back up the others, Roaf has indicated that he intends to play "a few more years."

Frazod
08-01-2005, 09:57 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if either or both of them retired after this year.

It's now or never all over again.

Kylo Ren
08-01-2005, 10:16 PM
I think that Will Shields has said that this will be his last year, which makes me want to cry. To back up the others, Roaf has indicated that he intends to play "a few more years." Once again, I've never heard Shiels say this would be his last year. He's acted as though this could be his last year, but he's never said it. Has anyone heard him say anything different?

Logical
08-01-2005, 10:36 PM
IMO it could be either, I would not be at all suprised if both Roaf and Shields retired after this year. Less likely but also possible would be Richardson and Priest hanging them up. All four at once and our offense will be in or at least near the toilet, you do not lose that much talent at once and end up ok.

Logical
08-01-2005, 10:41 PM
The last I heard, during mini camps, Roaf said he could play for 3 more years. I don't know if that included this year or not.

....Ya know

Could

Will

would like to

are all vastly different statements. Sure he could, but that doesn't mean he will, nor is it an indication he would like to play 3 more years.

Vlib
~stating the obvious

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
08-01-2005, 11:56 PM
I already have the mindset that everyone is retiring after this year. I keep thinking Super Bowl or bust. Richardson, Shields, Holmes, Roaf, DV, and even Gammon will all be gone next year IMO.

DaWolf
08-02-2005, 02:11 AM
I've always been under the impression that Roaf has said it's a year to year thing and while he could see himself playing for 3 more years he has to also look at the team's situation and how he feels after the year. For example if the team doesn't win this year and starts getting dismantled, then I could see him walking away. But if we have a very successful year and a lot of guys come back, then he'd probably stick around...