PDA

View Full Version : "I Like This Kind of Party!"

craneref
08-01-2005, 08:37 PM
Q: When fans just want the defense to be middle of the pack how does that make you feel?

KNIGHT: “When I hear that it, it makes me sick to my stomach. It really does. It makes me want to throw up. These guys are out here busting their ass all day and we expect to be the top defense in the league. That is what we shoot for. Just like the offense is expected to be the top offense in the league, we expect to be the top defense. Anything less is uncivilized. I just laugh at. If that is where they want to slot us that is fine. If that is where they want us to go that is fine. If people put limitations on you, you will be limited. We set our expectations to the highest level. We want to be the best. We may not be the best in the beginning, but when the end of December comes around we want to be the best.”

Does this fire anyone else up, not settling to be average but shooting to be the best. Not playing "Not to Lose it for the Offense" but playing to win it for the team. This reminds me of the attitude of the Great CHIEFS "D" that we miss. I too am tired of expecting the "D" to just be good enough, I want it to be great, I want to have arguements on this board on whcih side of the ball is better the Offense or the Defense. How about #1 Offense and #1 Defense in the NFL this year to add to a Superbowl Victory, would life be any sweeter. GO CHIEFS.

morphius
08-01-2005, 08:42 PM
Hmmm, I wonder how "leader" Hicks would have answered...

Kerberos
08-01-2005, 08:47 PM

Hicks wouldn't have answered it like that ...

He would have gotten all pissed off and went off on the reporter for asking (in his mind) stupid questions.

The man has no Cooth.

Sammy is telling you in his own words why they brought him here.

NEVER settle for 2nd rate. Go for the Gold!

:D

stevieray
08-01-2005, 08:48 PM
Damn this is exactly what the defense needed, players with attitude..It wouldn't surprise me if Gun has brainwashed Kawika, he already looked intense at open practice.

I can't wait to see the defense this weekend.

shaneo69
08-01-2005, 08:48 PM
Q: When fans just want the defense to be middle of the pack how does that make you feel?

KNIGHT: Just like the offense is expected to be the top offense in the league, we expect to be the top defense. Anything less is uncivilized.

This reminds me of that old Charles Barkley deodorant commercial where the only part of his lines that I understood was "anything less would be uncivilized."

Mile High Mania
08-01-2005, 08:58 PM
stevieray... do you have a counterpart for the games now? Curious about your avatar.

Fairplay
08-01-2005, 09:06 PM
And i thought if they went from 32nd to 20th was good enough.

chefsos
08-01-2005, 09:10 PM
And i thought if they went from 32nd to 20th was good enough.

Your response to this, Sammy?

Sammy?

:Lin:

BigRedChief
08-01-2005, 09:14 PM
Losing doesn't effect us. We just didn't get it done. We have the players in this locker room to get it done, we just didn't. We will work harder next week...and so on and so on and so on

Lzen
08-02-2005, 08:44 AM
This reminds me of that old Charles Barkley deodorant commercial where the only part of his lines that I understood was "anything less would be uncivilized."

I heard this on the radio yesterday and I think that's exactly what he was going for. He was chuckling after he said it. ;)

Baby Lee
08-02-2005, 08:45 AM
If it's gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my dick in the mashed potatoes.

Braincase
08-02-2005, 08:58 AM
If it's gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my dick in the mashed potatoes.

I'll pass on the gravy. :Lin:

Brock
08-02-2005, 08:59 AM
He's right, middle of the pack defense isn't going to be good enough.

ChiefFripp
08-02-2005, 09:02 AM
Hicks blew up after a a loss, this guy is talking in preseason. I'd give hicks a break.