PDA

View Full Version : Springfieldians....

PastorMikH
08-01-2005, 11:48 PM
We are heading up through Missouri for the wifes HS reunion. The kids are wanting to go to Silver Dollar City while we are in Missouri. After checking ticket prices online, I realize that they have gone up considerably since we went 3-4 years ago. I also remember that when I lived in Springfield, discounted tickets weren't too hard to come by. Does anyone know of any discounted Silver Dollar City ticket deals either online or through a local merchant?

If we don't find any discounts, we will probably hit another theme park in another town - Frontier City in OK City is half the price per ticket and Worlds of Fun is about a third cheaper. Branson is getting too expensive.

Thanks

luv
08-01-2005, 11:50 PM
I've seen all sorts of discount tickets to Six Flags. Haven't seen too many for SDC though. I'll keep an eye out and keep you posted.

PastorMikH
08-01-2005, 11:52 PM
I've seen all sorts of discount tickets to Six Flags. Haven't seen too many for SDC though. I'll keep an eye out and keep you posted.

Thanks!

DenverChief
08-02-2005, 12:15 AM
I'd bet you won't find one for a silver dollar...ba da boom

luv
08-02-2005, 12:22 AM
I'd bet you won't find one for a silver dollar...ba da boom
hee hee heeee (impersonation of nerd laugh I do so well).

BigRedChief
08-02-2005, 07:27 AM
Steal your dollar city is just that. Way over priced. Tourist trap? It's the frigging poster child for a tourist trap.

Skip Towne
08-02-2005, 07:33 AM
I heard SDC is raising their prices to keep out the Springfield (and Oklahoma) riff raff. Looks like it's working.

KC Kings
08-02-2005, 10:21 AM
If you have kids that can pay attention and enjoy the shows, I think Silver Dollar City is a better time than World of Fun.

If you are going for 2 days, there are a bunch of hotels offering 2 days for the price of one tickets if you stay at thier hotel. $41 for 2 days isn't too bad, considering 2 hours at Dixie Stampede is $41.
http://hfeimages.aristotle.net/general/SDC/Hotels-Motels-%20Accommodations2.pdf
We are going this weekend with my parents, but I pretend like I don't like going, and they pick up the tab so I will come and bring the kids.

Frazod
08-02-2005, 10:51 AM
You should just skip Silver Dollar City and spend your extra time in Kirksville. Lots of fun things to do there! :D

luv
08-02-2005, 11:42 AM
You should just skip Silver Dollar City and spend your extra time in Kirksville. Lots of fun things to do there! :D
Examples needed. Do they even have a Wal-Mart yet? It's been years since I've been up that way.

PastorMikH
08-02-2005, 12:12 PM

Actually, we have already aloted time to do EVERYTHING there is to to in Kirksville including driving around the town 4-5 times. That should take care of friday afternoon if we take our time.:)

PastorMikH
08-02-2005, 12:14 PM
I heard SDC is raising their prices to keep out the Springfield (and Oklahoma) riff raff. Looks like it's working.

I guess we could just go to Tulsa and have you show us what it was like growing up 150 years ago instead of spending $200 to do so.

tommykat
08-02-2005, 12:27 PM
I guess we could just go to Tulsa and have you show us what it was like growing up 150 years ago instead of spending $200 to do so.

ROFL
I'll call my brother and see what I can do.........

tommykat
08-02-2005, 12:31 PM
Another best bet is going to Branson and go to a ticket outlet, they have them all over the place............You can usually get them cheaper that way....;) That's all I found out.

philfree
08-02-2005, 12:32 PM
If it anyone would know it would be my wife and she says "not this time of year!" She said Git-N-Go used to sell them but she can't remember seeing any signs there recently. Actually it's Kum&Go now and I didn't know she shopped there. Anyways I asked the most 'Steal Your Dollar City' savvy person I know and didn't have any luck for you so.........Sorry man I did all I could.

PhilFree:arrow:

tommykat
08-02-2005, 12:34 PM
Another suggestion is call down there and let them know you are a Pastor since they are Christians and see if you can swing a deal......:)

philfree
08-02-2005, 12:35 PM
Another best bet is going to Branson and go to a ticket outlet, they have them all over the place............You can usually get them cheaper that way....;) That's all I found out.

Now if it were last week we could have hooked'em up with some free Springfield Cardinal Baseball titckets.

luv
08-02-2005, 12:40 PM
http://ww1.ticket2branson.com/attractions.cfm?phone=1-888-869-1097&mrksrc=0522008

tommykat
08-02-2005, 08:31 PM
Now if it were last week we could have hooked'em up with some free Springfield Cardinal Baseball titckets.

ROFL Good seats at that!

Bump

PastorMikH
08-02-2005, 09:12 PM
ROFL Good seats at that!

Bump

Thanks for the bump. We are thinking of forgoing Branson, heading home a day early, and going to OK City to either whitewater or Frontier City. We can get into both for half the price and we don't have to worry about hotels or a van full of junk sitting in the parking lot waiting to get stolen.

Skip Towne
08-02-2005, 09:20 PM
Are you aware that Tulsa is actually less than 100 years old? Surprised me too but I saw it on the cornerstone of the County courthouse. Tulsa just sprung up out of nowhere due to the oil boom of the early 1900's.

PastorMikH
08-06-2005, 08:23 AM

We got into Kirksville around 4:30 yesterday. Did all the fun stuff, then met up with a bunch of her classmates last night. She's having lots of fun. I was doing find until we were moved into a backroom of the club - a backroom where there was no TV to watch the Cardinals on.

BTW, the laptop and wireless internet are working GREAT! It is really cool to not have to suffer withdrawals from the Planet while on vacation.

luv
08-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Official thread hijacking....

A question for fellow Springfieldians. I ate at Q'doba Mexican Grill for the first time yesterday. I am now glad that there is one just a few miles away since I thought it was gooooood (and right by where I rent my movies from). My question is, are they just local, regional....?

Stinger
08-06-2005, 01:45 PM
Official thread hijacking....

A question for fellow Springfieldians. I ate at Q'doba Mexican Grill for the first time yesterday. I am now glad that there is one just a few miles away since I thought it was gooooood (and right by where I rent my movies from). My question is, are they just local, regional....?

National chain I believe

luv
08-07-2005, 11:04 PM
http://www.blogthings.com/Springfield-MO.html