PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to change seats at Arrowhead?

CanadianChief
08-02-2005, 07:36 AM
I just got my tickets for the home opener and ticketmaster told me the "best available" was in section 341 so I bought them. I tried again ten minutes later and then 323 was available....damn!!! I'm just wondering if some people who sit in the upper deck slide over towards the middle of the field if the seats are empty.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-02-2005, 07:39 AM
if the seats are empty.
ROFL ROFL ROFL

never been to Arrowhead eh...?

Iowanian
08-02-2005, 07:40 AM
You're not going to Kaughman Stadium friend.

Your best bet is to try to buy some scalped tickets at the stadium and sell yours, imo

There isn't a bad seat in Arrowhead.

CanadianChief
08-02-2005, 07:44 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

never been to Arrowhead eh...?

Nope...first time to any NFL game.

CanadianChief
08-02-2005, 07:45 AM
You're not going to Kaughman Stadium friend.

Your best bet is to try to buy some scalped tickets at the stadium and sell yours, imo

There isn't a bad seat in Arrowhead.

So from section 341 I should be able to see the action at the other end of the field? I think we're in row 19 if that helps.

Fire Me Boy!
08-02-2005, 07:45 AM
Nope...first time to any NFL game.
Until the end of a dismal season, there aren't too many open seats.

BigRedChief
08-02-2005, 07:46 AM
I just got my tickets for the home opener and ticketmaster told me the "best available" was in section 341 so I bought them. I tried again ten minutes later and then 323 was available....damn!!! I'm just wondering if some people who sit in the upper deck slide over towards the middle of the field if the seats are empty.

Empty seats at Arrowhead?ROFL I guess there is some for the preseason games and if there is a storm coming through but otherwise ROFL

I sat in the upperdeck in the end zone and in the corner 4 rows from the top for 2 years with season tickets in the mid 90's. Not a bad seat in Arrowhead. Great sightlines. Theres some extra Chiefs stuff going on that weekend to that you can enjoy.

ptlyon
08-02-2005, 07:48 AM
So from section 341 I should be able to see the action at the other end of the field? I think we're in row 19 if that helps.

Not a bad seat anywhere. Actually I think you will like sec. 341 - you get a good angle wherein you do not as if you were say, behind the goal posts.

CanadianChief
08-02-2005, 07:51 AM
Not a bad seat anywhere. Actually I think you will like sec. 341 - you get a good angle wherein you do not as if you were say, behind the goal posts.

Sweet...thanks for the positive feedback. I'm sure I'll have a blast!!!

Bwana
08-02-2005, 07:53 AM
You will have a blast!

King_Chief_Fan
08-02-2005, 07:58 AM
I got tickets to the Eagles game.......best available was 342 row 37.
Aren't there only about 40 rows in those sections. Am I going to need
fall protection harness up there?

BigRedChief
08-02-2005, 08:08 AM
I got tickets to the Eagles game.......best available was 342 row 37.
Aren't there only about 40 rows in those sections. Am I going to need
fall protection harness up there?

Guys there are better seats in Arrohead than those seats but listen to us...we are not Chiefs marketing dudes...there is not a bad seat in the house. Great sightlines.

Iowanian
08-02-2005, 08:10 AM
You'll have more fun up in the nosebleeds with the hell raisers, anyway.

You'll be able to see just fine.

Nzoner
08-02-2005, 08:38 AM

Just echoing this and a few of the other posts,if you don't have a good time in the upper deck,it's your own fault.

jynni
08-02-2005, 08:42 AM

You'll be able to see just fine.
This is so true - the upperdeck is quite fun. It's kinda a hike but I'd rather sit up there than farther back in some of the lower sections. The sightlines are excellent.

Last year during the Atlanta game was a blast - one guy was on his cell phone "you're missing a great game - it's a good ol' fashioned ass kicking!".

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-02-2005, 08:45 AM
I just wanted to make sure someone mentioned how good the sight lines are in the upper deck......

:p

Kylo Ren
08-02-2005, 09:31 AM
Advice for CanadianChief: Get there early......VERY EARLY !!!!!! You don't want to get stuck in traffic. You don't want to get stuck in the security lines into the stadium. You'll want enough time to walk around the parking lot and see all of the hoopla. You'll want to get to your seats 1 hour early in order to watch the warmups and etc. If you are going to eat stadium food for lunch, buy it and eat it before 11:30am. That way you don't have your hands full of food at kickoff time. You might drop $20 worth of food on the ground when Dante runs back the opening kickoff for a TD!! Have fun!!

BigRedChief
08-02-2005, 09:50 AM
Advice for CanadianChief: Get there early......VERY EARLY !!!!!! You don't want to get stuck in traffic. You don't want to get stuck in the security lines into the stadium. You'll want enough time to walk around the parking lot and see all of the hoopla. You'll want to get to your seats 1 hour early in order to watch the warmups and etc. If you are going to eat stadium food for lunch, buy it and eat it before 11:30am. That way you don't have your hands full of food at kickoff time. You might drop $20 worth of food on the ground when Dante runs back the opening kickoff for a TD!! Have fun!!

Word. I've always go early to roam the parking lot going to friends tailgates but I like to get into the stadium and watch warm ups also. so much to do and so little time. It will be easier now that I'm sitting in the lower bowl and don't have to spend 15 mintues walking up the concrete concourse to the top.

You don't want to go to the bathroom at halftime. Leave a little early or don't go. You will defintely miss the 2nd half kickoff if you wait.

Get the souvenior cup if you are drinking soda.

Want to look for souveniors wait till after the game.

Tailgate after the game and sit drinking a cold one instead of sitting in a 30 - 60 mintue wait to get out of the parking lot.

KC Kings
08-02-2005, 09:53 AM
I never buy tickets from ticketmaster unless I have to. The way they rate seats sucks. Row 40 on the 50 yard line are better seats than row 1 on the 45 yard line, so they sell those first as "best available".

beavis
08-02-2005, 09:55 AM
My season tickets were in 341, row 20. You can see every aspect of the game with no problem.

teedubya
08-02-2005, 09:55 AM
I wonder if any games may be blacked out this year, since I dont believe they are sold out. :cuss:

Nzoner
08-02-2005, 09:57 AM
I wonder if any games may be blacked out this year, since I dont believe they are sold out. :cuss:

I'm sure Carl will work out something with Price Chopper.

Dartgod
08-02-2005, 10:27 AM
I'm sure Carl will work out something with Price Chopper.
Nah. Carl doesn't give a shit about the people watching at home. The "real fans" are already at the stadium. :p

Nzoner
08-02-2005, 10:33 AM
Nah. Carl doesn't give a shit about the people watching at home. The "real fans" are already at the stadium. :p

That gives me an idea for the back of my CP shirt.....

Nzoner 338

I'm a

REAL FAN

Bearcat
08-02-2005, 10:53 AM

I had a lot of luck with ticketmaster.com last year... got 5th and 7th row between the 40s in the upper deck for the Patriots and Raiders. This year I didn't find anything lower than the 25th row, and by 8:02 there was an 8 minute wait :banghead:

CanadianChief
08-02-2005, 11:16 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure I'm there bright and early. A couple of questions though.

1. What is the closest hotel to stay at? Can I walk to the game from this hotel?

2. Should I buy a parking pass to the game to do some early morning tailgating?

3. Where should I buy all my Chiefs merchandise? At the stadium or is there a cheaper place to go?

KC Dan
08-02-2005, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure I'm there bright and early. A couple of questions though.

1. What is the closest hotel to stay at? Can I walk to the game from this hotel? Clarion, Holiday Inn & yes

2. Should I buy a parking pass to the game to do some early morning tailgating? Unless you know people tailgating, YES

3. Where should I buy all my Chiefs merchandise? At the stadium or is there a cheaper place to go? Local stores (Target, Walmart, JC Penny's, or higher dollar but nicer at Sports Nutz). Much cheaper than at the stadium

CanadianChief
08-02-2005, 11:22 AM
I had a lot of luck with ticketmaster.com last year... got 5th and 7th row between the 40s in the upper deck for the Patriots and Raiders. This year I didn't find anything lower than the 25th row, and by 8:02 there was an 8 minute wait :banghead:

I could have gotten seats on the 50 yard line too but we have five people going so I had to split it up into groups of two and three. I did consider leaving my four buddies and getting a single seat in the upper deck around row 9 on the 50 yard line but I didn't think it would have been the right thing to do.

I'm sure the live experience will be unbelieveable...I just can't believe I'm going!!!!

Nzoner
08-02-2005, 11:27 AM

1. What is the closest hotel to stay at? Can I walk to the game from this hotel?

2. Should I buy a parking pass to the game to do some early morning tailgating?

3. Where should I buy all my Chiefs merchandise? At the stadium or is there a cheaper place to go?

If I may

1.The Clarion and yes you can walk.

2.You'd be more than welcome at our tailgate party(we're on the other side of the stadium though)just bring some alcohol we'll take care of the food.Of course there's always B-5 but you'd have to talk to one of the regs there.

3.SportsNutz is only a couple of miles from the hotel,as for cheaper,I don't know.

ct
08-02-2005, 11:33 AM
SportsNutz is cheaper than the stadium, but more expensive than the dept store variety(off brand merchandise though). The Clarion (formerly Adams Mark) is great, you can see the stadium complex from the West side rooms, lots of fans stay there, so it's a good time.

CanadianChief
08-02-2005, 11:33 AM
If I may

1.The Clarion and yes you can walk.

2.You'd be more than welcome at our tailgate party(we're on the other side of the stadium though)just bring some alcohol we'll take care of the food.Of course there's always B-5 but you'd have to talk to one of the regs there.

3.SportsNutz is only a couple of miles from the hotel,as for cheaper,I don't know.

Thanks for the invite...We'll be the guys walking around with a lost look on our face drinking Canadian Beer!!!

Dartgod
08-02-2005, 11:39 AM
Of course there's always B-5 but you'd have to talk to one of the regs there.
B5 is more of a meeting place than anything else. There are people tailgating there who do up the food right, but they are not Planet people so it's really not an option for eating. However, there are a lot of Planet people (myself, KC Dan, Stevieray a.k.a. FDE and whoever else happens to be in town for that game) that congrgate there and we can usually hook you up with a beer or five. :D

Nzoner
08-02-2005, 11:47 AM
B5 is more of a meeting place than anything else. There are people tailgating there who do up the food right, but they are not Planet people so it's really not an option for eating. However, there are a lot of Planet people (myself, KC Dan, Stevieray a.k.a. FDE and whoever else happens to be in town for that game) that congrgate there and we can usually hook you up with a beer or five. :D

Speaking of tailgating did you catch the info on the new Arrowhead Park over at lot N?

Dartgod
08-02-2005, 11:50 AM
Speaking of tailgating did you catch the info on the new Arrowhead Park over at lot N?
Yeah, I saw that. I'm sure that will be nice for people coming in from out of town. I imagine there will be some good parties on Saturday night before gameday. I doubt we'll ever use it though.

BigRedChief
08-02-2005, 12:24 PM
Yeah, I saw that. I'm sure that will be nice for people coming in from out of town. I imagine there will be some good parties on Saturday night before gameday. I doubt we'll ever use it though.
Good party on the Saturday night at Arrowhead opening weekend organized by another Chiefs website:
http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Festivus.htm

jspchief
08-02-2005, 12:31 PM
I'm not sure why people are saying there aren't any open seats. Even at the best games there are probably several thousand unoccupied seats. Wait until the end of the first quarter, and just go down to the lower level and find some emptys. You might have someone ask you to move, but there are always open seats.

That being said, I'll agree that there isn't a bad seat in the house, and that the upper deck is usually more fun anyway.

jynni
08-02-2005, 01:00 PM
I'm not sure why people are saying there aren't any open seats. Even at the best games there are probably several thousand unoccupied seats.
Of course there are - everyone's either:

A: In line for the bathroom :banghead:

B: In line for concessions :banghead:

C: Stuck on the concourse trying to weave around the massive lines for the bathroom and concessions. :banghead:

Kylo Ren
08-02-2005, 01:14 PM
I never buy tickets from ticketmaster unless I have to. The way they rate seats sucks. Row 40 on the 50 yard line are better seats than row 1 on the 45 yard line, so they sell those first as "best available". Row 40 on the 50 IS better than row 1 on the 45. Row 1 is a horrible seat. You can't see the field very well. It's hard to see the action. The players and camera rigs get in the way too. I'd much rather sit in the upper portion of the lower level. You can see the entire field with no problem. Also, you are under the 2nd deck overhang. Therefore, no sun, no rain, no snow, etc. That's where my seats are, in row 35. I love them. Right now I'm in the corner of the endzone. I'd like to move closer to the 35 or so. But I don't want to move lower at all. Ideally, I'd like to get into the 2nd deck. Those are premium! They have the best view in the stadium!