PDA

View Full Version : COMMENTARY: Moss Will Dominate This Season

Fire Me Boy!
08-02-2005, 11:56 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8727714/

By Neil Hayes
NBCSports.com contributor

Randy Moss is going to have a huge season. The people who know him best are convinced of it. They have never seen him so eager for training camp to start. They have never seen him so focused. They have never seen him work so hard during the offseason.

They compared it to his rookie season, when he was determined to make the 20 teams that passed on him in the draft pay for their oversight. His goal then was to “rip the league up.” His friends say he is using the same language this year.

That's music to Al-Davis' ears.

“Right now he’s as happy as I’ve ever seen him in his life,” said his agent and perhaps closest friend, Charleston, W.V., based lawyer Dante DiTrapano. “He’s at a place I’ve never seen him before. There’s nothing negative going on with him.”

The Minnesota Vikings have been applauded for improving defensively during the offseason and perhaps they will be better without Moss this year. But the trade that sent linebacker Napoleon Harris, the No. 7 overall pick in the 2005 draft and another late-round pick to the Vikings for one of the game's most prolific playmakers to be a boon for the Raid-ers.

When Randy Moss has something to prove, there’s no stopping him.

The Raid-ers desperately need Moss to have a big year to help the team recover from the worst back-to-back seasons since Davis took over the franchise in 1963.

The pieces seem to be in place — at least offensively. Moss is a perfect fit for the Raid-ers in many ways. Davis has a vertical mentality and Moss may be the greatest deep threat in history. Coach Norv Turner has had success coaching a down-the-field offense that can take advantage of Moss’ speed and athleticism. Quarterback Kerry Collins is streaky, as he proved once again last year, but he excels at throwing deep and he has spent a year in Turner’s system.

Jerry Porter and Ronald Curry should make a potent receiving tandem. The Raid-ers have made many questionable draft-day decisions in recent years but tackle Robert Gallery and center Jake Grove, taken in the first and second round of the 2004 draft, aren’t among them. Those two should anchor the offensive line for a decade.

Former New York Jets running back LaMont Jordan, signed as a free agent during the offseason, should be a huge upgrade at running back.

Factor in that the defense was among the worst last season and could struggle again — meaning the Raid-ers could be involved in a shootout virtually every week — and Moss should be one of the preseason MVP favorites.

Talk to the people closest to Moss and they keep talking about how much more he was capable of in Minnesota, which is frightening considering he has more receiving yards than Jerry Rice had after his first seven seasons.

Then there are the intangibles. The Raid-ers love to talk about their mystique, even if it’s mostly a myth. But Moss fits the team’s image to a tee. He has been labeled such a problem child that the Vikings, tired of the drama that always seems to surround him, thought they had a better chance of winning without him.

The drama won’t bother Davis as long as he produces.

“He’s going to be ready,” longtime friend Tim DiPiero said. “Physically and mentally he’s going to be ready to go. He’s pumped up.”

If Moss feels he has something to prove, that’s great news for the Raid-ers, because when he’s motivated there’s not stopping him.

Mile High Mania
08-02-2005, 12:00 PM
If anyone has doubts about it... they're fooling themselves. Moss is in an offense where he will thrive and I wouldn't be shocked to see him rack up 1,300 receiving yards and 15 TDs.

Eye Patch
08-02-2005, 12:02 PM
Uh Oh...

jidar1
08-02-2005, 12:05 PM
Wait till Mccleon and Bartee get ahold of him!

Infidel Goat
08-02-2005, 12:17 PM
How is Moss going to help Oakland give up fewer points this year?

I mean, Oakland actually gave up more points than the Chiefs.

That's not easy to do.

--Infidel Goat

teedubya
08-02-2005, 12:19 PM
aint nuttin but ten grand... whats ten grand? TO ME?

Bob Dole
08-02-2005, 12:19 PM
Randy Moss is this year's Eli Manning.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-02-2005, 12:28 PM
The Raiders are going to score a lot of points, no doubt, but they won't make the playoffs with their horrible defense.

Mile High Mania
08-02-2005, 12:29 PM
The Raiders are going to score a lot of points, no doubt, but they won't make the playoffs with their horrible defense.

Yeah, that will be their best defense.... long offensive drives. There will be lots of shootouts (see KC the last few seasons) if they score too quickly, putting that defense on the field. I doubt they top 7 wins.

jiveturkey
08-02-2005, 12:36 PM
If anyone has doubts about it... they're fooling themselves. Moss is in an offense where he will thrive and I wouldn't be shocked to see him rack up 1,300 receiving yards and 15 TDs.I'm not doubting that he'll have a good year but he's in a division that actually plays defense now (even considering how bad the Chiefs have been over the last 5 years or so).

Who would you rather play against?
Chiefs
Broncos
Chargers

or
Lions
Packers
Bears

morphius
08-02-2005, 12:39 PM
Moss almost always has a big year, its not really going out on a limb saying that he will again this year. Mostly it comes down to the rest of the team. I'm still not even going to say they are going to be a great offense this year, QB is a bit iffy, they may have upgraded at RB, but it is still an unkown, and they pretty much have the same OL, don't they?

Its just hard for me to see them being what all the sports writers think they are going to be.

HC_Chief
08-02-2005, 12:40 PM
Yep, Moss will be a FFL machine.

The faid should have a potent offense, but their D is still the worst in the league. FFS, they were worse than KC! (now that's saying something).

All of their offseason moves have been related to offense... they neglected the D once more. IMO the author is correct: they're going to be in a lot of shootouts. Faid fans should prepare themselves for several games where they score 30+ and <i>lose</i>.

Mr. Laz
08-02-2005, 12:44 PM
Moss = great
faiders = not so good

Moss specializes in the big play ... the long score

not a good thing for a team with a poor defense

Mile High Mania
08-02-2005, 12:44 PM
I'm not doubting that he'll have a good year but he's in a division that actually plays defense now (even considering how bad the Chiefs have been over the last 5 years or so).

Who would you rather play against?
Chiefs
Broncos
Chargers

or
Lions
Packers
Bears

Sure, on paper the 3 AFCW defenses should be a hell of a lot better than the 3 NFCN defenses. However, we won't know how much better DEN, SD or KC has improved in the secondary until they actually play.

Plus, we're not talking about a McCardell, Coles or Darrell Jackson type of receiver... we're talking about Randy Moss. Moss is the elite player at his position, much like Manning is at QB and Tomlinson/Holmes at RB. Those types of players dominate the best defenses.

Cormac
08-02-2005, 12:49 PM
I just don't see why people are high on the Rai-ders. Why is this an annual event. The media loves the Rai-ders.

Kerry Collins isn't any good. He has great games, but overall he's average at best. Lamont Jordan is unproven as a starter. In a division with Priest & LJ, Tomlinson, and the perennial Denver attack, he's EASILY the weakest starting RB, IMO. Their O-line is fine, but is always solid. That's not a markedly improved area, IMO. Sure, the receivers are studs, but Kerry Collins is still the QB.

And then there is their defense. Are they still hoping Warren Sapp will give a Raiders and play like he did about 6 years ago? Hoping Ted Washington got 10 years younger during the offseason? Buchanon is gone, and Woodson is probably the most over-rated player in the league. Who, exactly, are their linebackers?

They have a great group of receivers, and a helluva punter.

They have a lot to prove.

Mile High Mania
08-02-2005, 12:55 PM
I just don't see why people are high on the Rai-ders. Why is this an annual event. The media loves the Rai-ders.

Kerry Collins isn't any good. He has great games, but overall he's average at best. Lamont Jordan is unproven as a starter. In a division with Priest & LJ, Tomlinson, and the perennial Denver attack, he's EASILY the weakest starting RB, IMO. Their O-line is fine, but is always solid. That's not a markedly improved area, IMO. Sure, the receivers are studs, but Kerry Collins is still the QB.

And then there is their defense. Are they still hoping Warren Sapp will give a Raiders and play like he did about 6 years ago? Hoping Ted Washington got 10 years younger during the offseason? Buchanon is gone, and Woodson is probably the most over-rated player in the league. Who, exactly, are their linebackers?

They have a great group of receivers, and a helluva punter.

They have a lot to prove.

I think the "love" is about the offense, the defense is getting no love from what I've read.

Collins is average, but with that talent, he should rock. Look what he did in less than 16 games last year with Porter, Curry and Gabriel and no ground game.

Collins with Moss, Porter, Curry and Gabriel... a solid (not astounding, but solid) O Line and that air attack is on the verge of being outstanding.

Yes, Jordan is unproven, but the potential is there, he had flashes of greatness as Martin's understudy and Norv Turner knows a thing or two about getting the most of his RBs. Just look at the backs he's coached... Stephen Davis, Terry Allen, some spare named Emmitt, Ricky Williams... he's taken those players to great heights.

Even if Jordan is only consistently an 1,100 yard RB with 8 TDs... that's more than enough "balance" in that offense to open up the passing game.

Collins will still throw INTs... he's similar to Plummer in that regard, but he's surrounded by talent and under a guy that knows offense, Turner.

redfan
08-02-2005, 12:55 PM
Moss will most def have a huge season. Regardless, the faids will be lucky to be a .500 team. You go, Randy & Kerry!

Frosty
08-02-2005, 12:59 PM
Moss didn't exactly lead the Vikings to the SB, even with a much better o-line and QB as well as playing inside. How is he going to do that in Oakland?

ct
08-02-2005, 01:09 PM
If anyone has doubts about it... they're fooling themselves. Moss is in an offense where he will thrive and I wouldn't be shocked to see him rack up 1,300 receiving yards and 15 TDs.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him rack up 1700+ yards and 20 TDs. Dissappointed, but not shocked.

Cormac
08-02-2005, 01:14 PM
I think the "love" is about the offense, the defense is getting no love from what I've read.

Collins is average, but with that talent, he should rock. Look what he did in less than 16 games last year with Porter, Curry and Gabriel and no ground game.

Collins with Moss, Porter, Curry and Gabriel... a solid (not astounding, but solid) O Line and that air attack is on the verge of being outstanding.

Yes, Jordan is unproven, but the potential is there, he had flashes of greatness as Martin's understudy and Norv Turner knows a thing or two about getting the most of his RBs. Just look at the backs he's coached... Stephen Davis, Terry Allen, some spare named Emmitt, Ricky Williams... he's taken those players to great heights.

Even if Jordan is only consistently an 1,100 yard RB with 8 TDs... that's more than enough "balance" in that offense to open up the passing game.

Collins will still throw INTs... he's similar to Plummer in that regard, but he's surrounded by talent and under a guy that knows offense, Turner.

Fair enough. You make a strong argument, but as you said, that's only the offensive side. The D will probably suck.

Purely on talent, I still don't think the entire team is anything like many writers are suggesting. It bears no comparison to the team that got to the SB a few years back.

Looking just at the offense, if you take Moss out it's average (IMO). Add Moss back in, and it's pretty strong IF a bunch of things fall into place. Wait til they're 2-4 and have scored about 180 points, and we'll see how much Moss gives a crap. He and Sapp will be beating the Raiders out of each other (with luck).

Finally, if that all comes to pass, Turner won't be able to keep control. He can't handle a bunch of thugs, he's too soft. I'm really sceptical and not at all scared of them. It's always tough to win there, I'm not guaranteeing we sweep them, but we have as good a chance as we do most years, IMO. I think they'll do well to be .500

There's a reason they're call the Faiders. It's the same story every year in pre-season.

trndobrd
08-02-2005, 01:20 PM
Moss didn't exactly lead the Vikings to the SB, even with a much better o-line and QB as well as playing inside. How is he going to do that in Oakland?

With his downfield blocking?

Thig Lyfe
08-02-2005, 01:28 PM
Having Kerry Collins throw to Randy Moss is like having George Lucas write speeches for John F. Kennedy.

Tombstone RJ
08-02-2005, 01:34 PM
For me, there is a simple way to beat the faiders: eat the clock up.

That is, if you have a good running game, use it against the faiders. This will accomplish three things all at once. 1. It will keep the ball out of Oaklands hands. 2. It will consume time on the clock. 3. It will wear down Oakland's defense.

Denver, KC and SD all have great running games. Both KC and Denver have RBs that can grind down defenses (Mike Anderson for Denver and Larry Johnson for KC).

Oakland is going to be a big play, quick score offense with Moss and Collins. The best way to counter act that is to keep the ball out of their hands, and that can be done with a grinding offense, and good special teams (field position).

There's my two cents.

vailpass
08-02-2005, 01:36 PM
aint nuttin but ten grand... whats ten grand? TO ME?

Straight cash Homey.

Mr. Laz
08-02-2005, 01:42 PM

That is, if you have a good running game, use it against the faiders. This will accomplish three things all at once. 1. It will keep the ball out of Oaklands hands. 2. It will consume time on the clock. 3. It will wear down Oakland's defense.

Denver, KC and SD all have great running games. Both KC and Denver have RBs that can grind down defenses (Mike Anderson for Denver and Larry Johnson for KC).

Oakland is going to be a big play, quick score offense with Moss and Collins. The best way to counter act that is to keep the ball out of their hands, and that can be done with a grinding offense, and good special teams (field position).

There's my two cents.
nah... not me

i blitz and blitz and blitz some more

one of the their possessions your gonna rush kerry collins and he's gonna make a mistake.

a few mistakes and our offense will put them away ... their defense sucks.

Tombstone RJ
08-02-2005, 01:48 PM
nah... not me

one of the their possessions your gonna rush kerry collins and he's gonna make a mistake.

Oakland is gonna have the best offensive line in the NFL. LaMont Jordan + whatever FB Oakland has will be able to pick up the blitz most of the time.

Plus, if Collins reads the blitz right, it can turn into a huge gain for Oakland.

Mile High Mania
08-02-2005, 01:52 PM

In all honesty... that will work against 32 NFL teams. Well, maybe not the Ravens, they like scoring on defense and they do it damn well.

Mr. Laz
08-02-2005, 01:55 PM
Oakland is gonna have the best offensive line in the NFLhow do you figure?

their offensive line has been an issue for awhile now and they didn't add anyone this offseason along the Oline.

LT Barry Sims -Pete McMahon
LG Langston Walker - Corey Hulsey
C Jake Grove - Adam Treu
RG Brad Badger - Ron Stone - Chad Slaughter
RT Robert Gallery - Joe Wong - Robert Hicks

now where do you see "the best offensive line in the NFL" in that depth chart?

picasso
08-02-2005, 02:05 PM

Exactly!!!
Also you have to realize that Moss plays possum out there on the field 80% of the time. His seperation happens when he takes off a couple of plays and then fakes taking off and slips the defender then goes full bore. He rarely catches going across the middle. What he will do is allow the other guys to get open across the middle being covered by linebackers due to both a CB and a safety covering Moss deep. As far as Moss not being challenged in the backfield is absolutey bogus. Will he have a good year? Probably but I doubt it will be outstanding. If anybody will have a good year it will be Porter.

petegz28
08-02-2005, 02:07 PM
Newsflash! Moss will be running on real grass more than ever and playing against much, MUCH better defenses.

That is all.

Tombstone RJ
08-02-2005, 02:08 PM
In all honesty... that will work against 32 NFL teams. Well, maybe not the Ravens, they like scoring on defense and they do it damn well.

Most of the time it takes a balanced attack to effectively eat up the clock. But, if your main objective is to keep the ball out of the opposing team's offensive hands, the best way to do that is to run the ball effectively, and not necessarily for big time gains ala what Priest Holmes and Clinton Portis can do.

I'm talking about Dan Reeves style offense. Three yards and a cloud of dust. Its not exciting, in fact, its damn boring. But, it will wear down an already weak defense in Oakland and it will keep the ball out of Oakland's hands. Plus, the team that can do this effectively will score points. Run the ball, run the ball and EVEN when they stack the LOS, run the ball again. This will demoralize Oakland's defense and by the fourth quarter, that already weak defense will be total crap.

Keeping the ball out of Oakland's hands, in and of itself, will keep Randy Moss from scoring points. If he don't have the ball, he ain't very effective.

Of course, when Oakland does get the ball, they are going to try and score as fast as possible. They may run the ball to LaMont Jordan a few times, but that offensive line is set up to protect Collins. And Collins is a QB tailor made to throw the deep ball.

I seriously doubt Oakland will be patient enough to run the ball. I think they will want to score fast. And, even if they DO score fast, it just puts their weak azz defense right back out there on the field again.

So, what the Broncos and KC should do is run the ball. Keep that crappy Oakland defense on the field and keep it on the field for as long as possible.

Vermiel and Shanny already know they can score on that defense. The key is to keep the ball out of the faid's offensive hands. Scoring isn't the issue. Keeping the ball, that is the key.

I'm banking on Shanny figuring this out. I think Vermiel is smart enough to know how to figure this out too.

Tombstone RJ
08-02-2005, 02:19 PM
how do you figure?

their offensive line has been an issue for awhile now and they didn't add anyone this offseason along the Oline.

LT Barry Sims -Pete McMahon
LG Langston Walker - Corey Hulsey
C Jake Grove - Adam Treu
RG Brad Badger - Ron Stone - Chad Slaughter
RT Robert Gallery - Joe Wong - Robert Hicks

now where do you see "the best offensive line in the NFL" in that depth chart?

Jake Grove is the smallest guy on that line and he is 6'3" and 300lbs. Walker is huge at 6'8" and 345lbs and he plays left guard.

Trust me, its an excellent oline and its set up to protect Collins.

Mile High Mania
08-02-2005, 02:21 PM
Exactly!!!
Also you have to realize that Moss plays possum out there on the field 80% of the time. His seperation happens when he takes off a couple of plays and then fakes taking off and slips the defender then goes full bore. He rarely catches going across the middle. What he will do is allow the other guys to get open across the middle being covered by linebackers due to both a CB and a safety covering Moss deep. As far as Moss not being challenged in the backfield is absolutey bogus. Will he have a good year? Probably but I doubt it will be outstanding. If anybody will have a good year it will be Porter.

80% is a bit high...

Porter will have a great season, I'd say 1,100 yards and 8-11 TDs. He's going to fall in the draft a bit, but would be a sweet starter as a #3.

cadmonkey
08-02-2005, 02:24 PM
Is anyone forgetting the fact that the Raiders need a QB to get the ball to Moss? Who do they have Kerry Collins still?

Chief Faithful
08-02-2005, 02:28 PM
nah... not me

Agreed, "blitz and blitz some more".

Moss is mainly a down field threat and Collins is only effective in the pocket. Hit Collins hard and often he will make mistakes. Standing in the pocket waiting for Moss to get down field exposes Collins to more hits. I will be surprised if Collins makes it through the season.

If the Chiefs can score early and often it will force Oakland into the passing game. Once the running game is taken away Gun is going to send the heat. It only takes a few mistakes, Oakland will fold, and Moss will start attacking his own team. The entertainment value will be great.

Mr. Laz
08-02-2005, 02:29 PM
Newsflash! Moss will be ...... playing against much, MUCH better defenses.

That is all.
how do you figure that?

the afc west has had terrible defenses for the last few years.

ranking
4. Denver Broncos (added depth on defensive line)
18. San Diego Chargers (stood pat)
30. Oakland Raiders (doesn't get to play his own team hurts him)
31. Kansas City Chiefs (added alot ... much potiential)

at this point we can only "hope" our defense is improved

faider schedule

6 Sun. Oct. 16 4:15 p.m. ET Chargers (18th last year)
7 Sun. Oct. 23 4:15 p.m. ET Bills (2nd)
8 Sun. Oct. 30 1:00 p.m. ET at Titans (27th)
9 Sun. Nov. 6 1:00 p.m. ET at Chiefs (31st)
10 Sun. Nov. 13 4:05 p.m. ET Broncos (4th)
11 Sun. Nov. 20 1:00 p.m. ET at Redskins(3rd)
12 Sun. Nov. 27 4:05 p.m. ET Dolphins(8th)
13 Sun. Dec. 4 8:30 p.m. ET at Chargers(18th)
14 Sun. Dec. 11 1:00 p.m. ET at Jets(7th)
15 Sun. Dec. 18 4:05 p.m. ET Browns(15th)
16 Sat. Dec. 24 4:15 p.m. ET at Broncos (4th)
17 Sat. Dec. 31 8:00 p.m. ET Giants (13th)

Mile High Mania
08-02-2005, 02:29 PM
So, what the Broncos and KC should do is run the ball. Keep that crappy Oakland defense on the field and keep it on the field for as long as possible.

Vermiel and Shanny already know they can score on that defense. The key is to keep the ball out of the faid's offensive hands. Scoring isn't the issue. Keeping the ball, that is the key.

I'm banking on Shanny figuring this out. I think Vermiel is smart enough to know how to figure this out too.

Let's not get too crazy. I think Shanahan is greatness and the team is well positioned to win 10-11 games this sesaon. I also think Vermeil is smart enough to figure it out.

The 2004 Chiefs and 2005 Raiders appear to be similar with the offensive potency and defensive deficiencies... yet, Shanahan couldn't figure out how to beat the Raiders in Denver or KC in KC last season. You could use everything you've said and point to that DEN @ KC game in December and say "this is what to do". Well, shit happens sometimes and even the smart coaches get thumped. Denver's offense couldn't do anything against that crappy defense.

And, Denver's defense couldn't keep the Raiders' 1-dimensional offense and poor defense from mounting a double digit comeback in the snow and winning the game.

Shit happens.

Mr. Laz
08-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Jake Grove is the smallest guy on that line and he is 6'3" and 300lbs. Walker is huge at 6'8" and 345lbs and he plays left guard.

might of been more accurate to say the faiders are going to have the biggest Oline in the NFL then .... because so far those same guys haven't been better than average.

Mr. Laz
08-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Agreed, "blitz and blitz some more".

Moss is mainly a down field threat and Collins is only effective in the pocket. Hit Collins hard and often he will make mistakes. Standing in the pocket waiting for Moss to get down field exposes Collins to more hits. I will be surprised if Collins makes it through the season.

If the Chiefs can score early and often it will force Oakland into the passing game. Once the running game is taken away Gun is going to send the heat. It only takes a few mistakes, Oakland will fold, and Moss will start attacking his own team. The entertainment value will be great.

yep ... agreed

picasso
08-02-2005, 02:34 PM
80% is a bit high...

Porter will have a great season, I'd say 1,100 yards and 8-11 TDs. He's going to fall in the draft a bit, but would be a sweet starter as a #3.

Alright, maybe 70% of the time. And I'm not talking about what the media said about him that well, it is true. But you know if you have watched him, that is what he does. He will lull you to sleep and then BAM touchdown.
Personally I think he is in for a very rude awakening in this division. He is being prepared for like no other player and when you're a target like that either you are stopped cold or worse you get your ass hurt.

Chief Faithful
08-02-2005, 02:38 PM

From what I have seen other than Gallery they are a large, SLOW, o-line that has to hold to keep defenders off the QB. They are very susceptible to a defense with speed especially on the corners. With Collins taking a lot of 5 and 7 step drops he is going to get hit hard and often. The oline is built more for a power running game than a down field passing game.

Moss may have a good season, but I don't see Collins making it 16 games. They are going to have to rely on play action or it will get brutal. Jordon, not Moss, is the key to the Oakland offense.

Tombstone RJ
08-02-2005, 02:39 PM
Let's not get too crazy. I think Shanahan is greatness and the team is well positioned to win 10-11 games this sesaon. I also think Vermeil is smart enough to figure it out.

The 2004 Chiefs and 2005 Raiders appear to be similar with the offensive potency and defensive deficiencies... yet, Shanahan couldn't figure out how to beat the Raiders in Denver or KC in KC last season. You could use everything you've said and point to that DEN @ KC game in December and say "this is what to do". Well, shit happens sometimes and even the smart coaches get thumped. Denver's offense couldn't do anything against that crappy defense.

And, Denver's defense couldn't keep the Raiders' 1-dimensional offense and poor defense from mounting a double digit comeback in the snow and winning the game.

Shit happens.

True, shit happens. But, remember that the Broncos played lousy special teams last year. The Broncos field position was crappy all year long. No punt game, no return game. When the faid beat the Broncos at home, in the snow, it was a game that begged for a passing attack. Inclement weather is the bane of any good defense. Collins was on fire, he threw the ball well, and the Broncos lost.

As for KC and losing at KC last year, why is that such a suprise? KC has the best home field advantage in the NFL and its not like KC is was a bad team. They had a bad defense and a very good offense, and they were at home, and it was a divisional game.

Should the Broncos have won those games, yes, IMHO. But they didn't.

Tombstone RJ
08-02-2005, 02:44 PM
From what I have seen other than Gallery they are a large, SLOW, o-line that has to hold to keep defenders off the QB. They are very susceptible to a defense with speed especially on the corners. With Collins taking a lot of 5 and 7 step drops he is going to get hit hard and often. The oline is built more for a power running game than a down field passing game.

Moss may have a good season, but I don't see Collins making it 16 games. They are going to have to rely on play action or it will get brutal. Jordon, not Moss, is the key to the Oakland offense.

Fair enough, but Collins is a very durable QB. Years of soaking his brain in alcohol has made him somewhat numb to the big hit...

Mile High Mania
08-02-2005, 03:02 PM
As for KC and losing at KC last year, why is that such a suprise? KC has the best home field advantage in the NFL and its not like KC is was a bad team. They had a bad defense and a very good offense, and they were at home, and it was a divisional game.

Ok, so... reading this and your statement about Shanahan and Vermeil "figuring out the Raiders"... does the fact that the Raiders are divisional not count?

Bad defense is what we're talking about right? Should Denver's offense not have done more to exploit KC's sad defense in KC last season? Or, the Raider defense in Denver?

If you're going to throw it "it's a divisional game" there... then why would it not count for the 2005 Raiders' team?

Your last few statements have kinda confused me with where you're going.