View Full Version : Q&A LB DERRICK JOHNSON 8/2

royr17
08-02-2005, 12:38 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/08/02/qa_lb_derrick_johnson2/

Q&A LB DERRICK JOHNSON
Aug 02, 2005, 1:01:22 PM

TRAINING CAMP

Q: How is your physical condition?

JOHNSON: “I feel really great. First day out at training camp was wonderful. I’m a little winded but at the same time I got a lot of work done today.”

Q: Do you feel like the coaches were riding you a little bit today?

JOHNSON: “I’m used to the coaches teaching and doing up in your face teaching. That’s what I’m used to. I take positive criticism well. I’m out here to learn.”

Q: Have you retained a lot from OTAs?

JOHNSON: “A lot of it came back to me from OTAs. I learned a lot during the off-season during the summertime. It’s all coming back to me today and I think I did pretty well.”

Q: Did you feel at ease out there?

JOHNSON: “I felt fresh. These guys have been up here for four or five days before me so my legs are a little bit fresher. I felt good running around.”

Q: Are you ready to go out and hit somebody when you get the pads on?

JOHNSON: “Definitely. I’ve got a lot of anxious stuff built up. I’m just ready for football. This isn’t enough pads, but it’s a little bit so we can bang a little. This afternoon we’ll do a little bit more banging.”

Thig Lyfe
08-02-2005, 12:47 PM
I'm all tingly.

jspchief
08-02-2005, 12:49 PM
They should have asked him why he missed his damn plane.

TRing
08-02-2005, 12:56 PM
No kidding if i would of been late to my first day of work my ass would have been fired

jiveturkey
08-02-2005, 12:56 PM
They should have asked him why he missed his damn plane.Are we sure that he did?

Armyofme
08-02-2005, 12:59 PM
I thought his flight was delayed. It's more about the media trying to make a story out of nothing again.

jspchief
08-02-2005, 12:59 PM
Are we sure that he did?I was there.

jiveturkey
08-02-2005, 01:05 PM
I was there.Where?

jspchief
08-02-2005, 01:11 PM
Where?At the Taco Bell DJ stopped at before his flight, before his minivan over-heated, making him miss the plane.

beavis
08-02-2005, 01:13 PM
At the Taco Bell DJ stopped at before his flight, before his minivan over-heated, making him miss the plane.
I know that Taco Bell, it's right next to the grassy knoll right?

trndobrd
08-02-2005, 01:15 PM
No kidding if i would of been late to my first day of work my ass would have been fired

I'm starting to think that first round draft picks get a little more slack than the rest of us.

chief4life
08-02-2005, 02:04 PM
I thought his flight was delayed. It's more about the media trying to make a story out of nothing again.

Hey armyofme welcome back bro :thumb:

Fire Me Boy!
08-02-2005, 02:07 PM
I'm starting to think that first round draft picks get a little more slack than the rest of us.
Especially after they sign a multi-million dollar contract that will cost you money if you cancel it...

Imagine, you sign a five year deal to make widgets for Acme Widget Co. You get a $2 million dollar signing bonus, plus $2 million per year. You show up late on day 1. If Acme Widget Co. fires you, you get to keep the $2 million bonus.

Damn, it's nice to dream. I wish I worked for Acme Widget Co.

KCTitus
08-02-2005, 02:21 PM
Damn, it's nice to dream. I wish I worked for Acme Widget Co.

I actually got a signing bonus one time taking a job after a merger...$5k--not athlete type money, but it was large to me.

Kerberos
08-02-2005, 02:39 PM
At the Taco Bell DJ stopped at before his flight, before his minivan over-heated, making him miss the plane.

Did he order NACHOS by chance?

beer bacon
08-02-2005, 03:27 PM
During the interview DJ had last night at Riverfalls he mentioned that his plane was delayed. He didn't say he got there late and missed it.

RealSNR
08-02-2005, 04:12 PM
JOHNSON: “Definitely. I’ve got a lot of anxious stuff built up. I’m just ready for football. This isn’t enough pads, but it’s a little bit so we can bang a little. This afternoon we’ll do a little bit more banging.”The junior high kid in me still finds something like this funny ROFL