PDA

View Full Version : ESPN 50 States/50 Days - Missouri

tk13
08-02-2005, 04:23 PM
They're in Missouri for the Cards game tonight against the Marlins. Did anyone see their little taped segment about Missouri? Did not mention the words Kansas City Chiefs once. Talked about the Cardinals, their fans, how they lost the football Cardinals, welcomed the Rams, the Mizzou rivalries with KU and Illinois, and of course the I-70 series in '85. Mentioned the great baseball players like Stan Musial and George Brett, and great football players like Dan Dierdorf and Derrick Thomas. DT was the only mention of the Chiefs in the whole segment, just mentioned in passing when they were going through some of the football stars that played in Missouri. I don't think they even said the actual words "the Chiefs"... if you had no clue about pro football you wouldn't know who he played for. Woo. Go Chiefs. We're famous.

It should repeat on the following Sportscenters later tonight if you missed it. Although unless you're a Cards fan, you're not missing too much.

Baby Lee
08-02-2005, 04:29 PM
I thought the distribution of NFL greats [Faulk, DT, Dierdorf] was fair.

And to be fair, the story of losing and gaining a franchise in the late 80s'/early 90's is more relatable than mentioning a team that founded the AFL in the paleolithic and last went to a SB in the neolithic.

KChiefs1
08-02-2005, 05:12 PM
St Louis dominates Missouri in every facet of life. Get used to it.

Dartgod
08-02-2005, 05:42 PM
Bwahahahahahaha!!

ChiefsCountry
08-02-2005, 11:25 PM
Just got done watching the St. Louis lovefest on ESPN. Showed the 1985 World Series but it showed a freakin Cardinals clip. :banghead:

Ebolapox
08-02-2005, 11:47 PM
f*ck the st loser cardinals

f*ck st lose in general

F*CK YOU, KATHY LEE!!

-EB-

Reaper16
08-03-2005, 01:02 AM
f*ck the st loser cardinals

f*ck st lose in general

F*CK YOU, KATHY LEE!!

-EB-

I echo these sentiments, and just for clarifications purposes, f*ck St. Louis, as well.

WebGem
08-03-2005, 01:23 AM
I'm not from Missouri, but I hate St. Louis.

Reaper16
08-03-2005, 01:24 AM
I'm not from Missouri, but I hate St. Louis.

Therefore, you da' man!
http://www.hiphoppadesigns.com/mother_father_day/you_are_the_man.jpg

donkhater
08-03-2005, 06:56 AM
Well, to be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if journalists from the east coast thought KC was in Kansas.

cadmonkey
08-03-2005, 06:57 AM
Did not mention the words Kansas City Chiefs once.

Isn't Kansas City in Kansas? ROFL

BigRedChief
08-03-2005, 07:06 AM
Isn't Kansas City in Kansas? ROFL

No chit. Went to Florida a couple of weeks ago. Every time I would say I'm from KC they would go ohhh Dorthy or you like Kansas etc etc:cuss:

way2kalm
08-03-2005, 07:54 AM

The fact of the matter is that Kansas City needs to make a name for itself and get out of the shadow of "Hate" Louis. I call it "Hate" Louis because the people over there swear up and down that KC wants to be just like their city. Most "Hate" Louis people have nothing good to say about KC...and most of them never even stepped foot over here.

If we could get some leadership, good leadership, to stand up to those "Hate" Louis loving politicians down in Jeff city and lead us to be a more prosperous city, then maybe we can finally get some respect nationally, and I can finally be from Missouri instead of backwards assed Kansas (not that Missouri is that much better).