PDA

View Full Version : Q

wasi
08-02-2005, 08:55 PM
I don't know anything about FF, and have never played but I just watched a show on the NFL network and they analyzed who to talk at QB.

Not one word about Green?? From the little bit I understand I would think he would be a pretty good choice. All they talked about was QB's like Palmer, Carr, McNair. What gives? Enlighten me plz.

wasi
08-02-2005, 08:56 PM
oops sorry about the topic line.

beer bacon
08-02-2005, 08:59 PM
They are just being morons. Green has been one of the best and most reliable fantasy quarterbacks the last three seasons.

wasi
08-02-2005, 09:01 PM
ok thanks thats what i was thinking.. bizarre?!

milkman
08-02-2005, 09:09 PM
I don't know anything about FF, and have never played but I just watched a show on the NFL network and they analyzed who to talk at QB.

Not one word about Green?? From the little bit I understand I would think he would be a pretty good choice. All they talked about was QB's like Palmer, Carr, McNair. What gives? Enlighten me plz.

Were they pimping McNair as a fantasy stud?

If so, those guys are really ****ing morons (big surprise).
McNair can't stay healthy anymore, and has never been able to, really (but he is a tough SOB).

wasi
08-02-2005, 09:23 PM
Were they pimping McNair as a fantasy stud?

If so, those guys are really ****ing morons (big surprise).
McNair can't stay healthy anymore, and has never been able to, really (but he is a tough SOB).

I only know they went around the table and asked each expert about who they liked at QB. McNair was mentioned, not as a sleeper, but in the same light as Palmer, Carr, Brees. Only QB's they said that were 1st rounder were Peyton and Culpepper. I thought Green should be there too, which is why I had to ask.

Mile High Mania
08-02-2005, 09:26 PM
Were these "experts" former players that played with guys like McNair? And, are you sure they weren't discussing "sleeper QBs" for 2005?

That's really the only way Palmer, Carr and maybe McNair this year should be discussed in fantasy.

Peyton and Culpepper in my opinion are the only R1 locks for a fantasy draft. Many put McNabb there and maybe late R1 of a 12 team league, but I think he's a solid top R2 talent.

After that you have 4-5 QBs, including Green, that will fall to Round 4 simply because teams are loading up on RBs and their top WRs.

Green is a top 5 fantasy QB.

wasi
08-02-2005, 09:32 PM
Were these "experts" former players that played with guys like McNair? And, are you sure they weren't discussing "sleeper QBs" for 2005?

That's really the only way Palmer, Carr and maybe McNair this year should be discussed in fantasy.

Peyton and Culpepper in my opinion are the only R1 locks for a fantasy draft. Many put McNabb there and maybe late R1 of a 12 team league, but I think he's a solid top R2 talent.

After that you have 4-5 QBs, including Green, that will fall to Round 4 simply because teams are loading up on RBs and their top WRs.

Green is a top 5 fantasy QB.

I'm not sure where they were slotting these QB's. I don't know anything about how FF works. You are right though about loading up on RBs and WRs. This is what they said. So these positions give you more points? Maybe one day I'll try FF, sounds kind of fun. Only similar thing I've tried is the Fantasy Draft in Madden, which seems to work at lot different.. strategy wise.

Mile High Mania
08-02-2005, 09:37 PM
I'm not sure where they were slotting these QB's. I don't know anything about how FF works. You are right though about loading up on RBs and WRs. This is what they said. So these positions give you more points? Maybe one day I'll try FF, sounds kind of fun. Only similar thing I've tried is the Fantasy Draft in Madden, which seems to work at lot different.. strategy wise.

Well, the thing is that having 2 starting RBs that perform consistently is golden in fantasy football. Receivers are so deep, you can wait on them, but if you can get one of the top 8 to be your #1 starter, it's highly suggested.

And, with QBs... outside of your top 2-3... the next 8 are very similar.

So, based on the size of your league... and how many you start at each position, you do the math and can figure you'll get a strong starter at QB in R4. All the best RBs are gone by middle of Round 2, then by the end of Round 3 all that is left are questionable rookies and guys in a RBBC situation.

Typically, in a 12 team league, the first 24 picks (first 2 rounds) have 18-21 of those 24 being RBs. So, are there 21 kickass RBs in the league? No... so, a run on RBs starts immediately. Then there are 6-8 top WRs... 2-3 top QBs... that's another 11 players - add in your 21 RBs and your talking about the 33rd overall pick (early Round 3) when people start their receiver run and the final RBs. So, guys that rock (Green, Favre, Brady, Bulger, Hasselbeck, etc) they fall into Round 4 and beyond.

Uatu
08-02-2005, 09:39 PM
At least 2 of the three will be on waivers. Maybe McNair too.

wasi
08-02-2005, 09:42 PM
Interesting.. thanks guys.

Mile High Mania
08-02-2005, 09:46 PM
At least 2 of the three will be on waivers. Maybe McNair too.

:hmmm: Not sure what kind of league you are in, but Palmer, Carr and McNair will likely be drafted in every 12 team league that allows for 2 QBs on the roster.

Logical
08-02-2005, 10:04 PM
I only know they went around the table and asked each expert about who they liked at QB. McNair was mentioned, not as a sleeper, but in the same light as Palmer, Carr, Brees. Only QB's they said that were 1st rounder were Peyton and Culpepper. I thought Green should be there too, which is why I had to ask.Not likely unless you are in a league where QBs get 6 points for TDs thrown. Most leagues only value a QBs TD at 3 pts, yardage thrown is deeply discounted typically a single point for 30 or 35 yards. Running backs with lots of receptions typically are your greatest value, WR second the only QBs that make it in the top round typically throw around 40 TDs or more in such leagues. We always like rookies to draft because they typically are mistakenly enamored with QBs.