PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most important Chief?

KCChiefsMan
08-04-2005, 03:23 AM
Who is most valuable to our team?

HolmeZz
08-04-2005, 03:25 AM
Trent.

Hammock Parties
08-04-2005, 03:26 AM
Trent Green, definitely.

KCChiefsMan
08-04-2005, 03:26 AM
I voted Trent Green, he would be the hardest to replace IMO

jspchief
08-04-2005, 05:24 AM
This should be a landslide.

I'd love to hear the argument for anyone not named Trent.

Skip Towne
08-04-2005, 05:42 AM
Rich Scanlon? Somebody was gonna do it.

cdcox
08-04-2005, 06:12 AM
I'd go with Trent.

But its not a slam dunk. The whole offense is built from the domination of the line and if Roaf goes down, there is no one else who could anchor the felt corner. I suppose that you could slide Shields out there, but with his current health status, it wouldn't be ideal.

Gonzo provides a target in the passing game that could not really be replaced if he were not there. He gives secondaries enough problems to open up things for other less talented players. Maybe Wilson could fill some of that role, but he is completely unproven.

Maybe the best competition for Trent as the most important Chief would be Surtain, especially the first 4 weeks of the season. Would anyone, other than the opposing QB, like to see McCleon and Sapp as our starting corners?

Otter
08-04-2005, 06:54 AM
As with 90% of offenses in football it's the QB. That's why the Chiefs have always been so vigilant to make sure there's a quality backup waiting in the wings.

[cough]

patteeu
08-04-2005, 07:14 AM
Willie Roaf. Without him, Trent Green becomes Jake Plummer without the mobility.

ct
08-04-2005, 07:35 AM
No doubt - Trent Green

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-04-2005, 07:37 AM
Benny Sapp.............. but I voted for Trent in lieu of Benny's glaring absence from the list.

patteeu
08-04-2005, 08:08 AM
Is Eddie Kennison's mom a poster here? ROFL

Uatu
08-04-2005, 08:15 AM
Who has the most chance to affect our season this year? With all those key players at other positions we pretty much know what we're getting. Green, Holmes, Gonzalez - those guys are proven. But someone like Sims could be most important this year.

I think Sims could be huge to helping us get there by stepping it up. If he continues to be a mediocre player, we continue to have a mediocre D-line. Even if the secondary and linebacker play is fairly good the D will still be middle of the road if we don't fill gaps and create a pass rush. That's what he was drafted to do.

I think his season this year is so important to us in the sense that he's the one guy who, if he could have a breakout year, would benefit us the most. Maybe our D could be good with him still being average to below average. But if he could break out, that would be so huge.

Just a different sort of take on the situation.