08-04-2005, 09:06 AM
Keep ****ing doubting Kris Griffin!

Brock
08-04-2005, 09:06 AM
That probably works in NFLE.

Iowanian
08-04-2005, 09:08 AM
Uh Ho....

His stalker is going to come in here and roast your insiginificant, erectile challenged arses for questioning her Boy....and then the Roys...

Tree of whoa....the tree of whoa

the Talking Can
08-04-2005, 09:08 AM
That probably works in NFLE.

ouch...that's quality

Uatu
08-04-2005, 09:14 AM
Somebody's got to keep that spot on the bench warm for when DJ, Kendrell, and the rest of the D get back to the sideline.

TRR
08-04-2005, 09:38 AM
I've got a friend at TC right now who obtained a field pass. He emailed me from River Falls, and told me that the coaches haven't been pleased with Scanlon's efforts thus far. He's running with the 3rd team right now, and actually got replaced on special teams by Key Fox yesterday.

I think he'll make the team, but if Maz can somehow get healthy (doubtful), I believe he takes Scanlon's third spot.

ROYC75
08-04-2005, 09:42 AM
But, but, but ...... DV :rolleyes: is claiming other wise.

He has looked good at times and other times he looks wore out from the reports I'm hearing.

Maybe tired legs has something to do with it ?

cookster50
08-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Atleast he is considerate enough to give a reach around.

KCTitus
08-04-2005, 09:45 AM
Didnt Gunther watch the preseason games on a TV? That might be the problem why he doesnt see good technique like we do.

ROYC75
08-04-2005, 09:45 AM
I'm not concerned the least bit, We will carry 3 MLB's.

I think IF Rich gets his legs back under him he will be 2nd string MLB. Boomer is struggling with gap asignments .

TRR
08-04-2005, 09:47 AM
But, but, but ...... DV :rolleyes: is claiming other wise.

He has looked good at times and other times he looks wore out from the reports I'm hearing.

Maybe tired legs has something to do with it ?

Could be, but if he wants to make the 53 man roster, he needs to show up a little more than every other day. My buddy also told me that Kendrell Bell has gotten a couple of reps at MLB with the 3rd team. I think Kawika is a lock to start at MLB, but that's not good news for Scanlon fans if Bell is getting some backup reps.

ChiTown
08-04-2005, 09:47 AM

I think IF Rich gets his legs back under him he will be 2nd string MLB. Boomer is struggling with gap asignments .

link?

ROYC75
08-04-2005, 09:49 AM
link?

Link to what ?

Uatu
What is Maz's status?

ROYC75
Besides, when are we suppose to take Grunny serious ?

TRR

KC didn't carry 3 MLB's last season. Kawika Mitchell and Monty Beisel were the only 2. And Beisel eventually moved out to OLB.

TRR
08-04-2005, 09:50 AM
What is Maz's status?

Working out individually like Shields is. Maz hasn't been cleared by team doctors yet.

el borracho
08-04-2005, 09:51 AM
Scanlon?

I'll guess more than 100 posts before midnight.

ROYC75
08-04-2005, 09:51 AM
KC didn't carry 3 MLB's last season. Kawika Mitchell and Monty Beisel were the only 2. And Beisel eventually moved out to OLB.

Fred Jones was the 3rd, they had Monte as MLB on the depth charts.

Gun has always kept 3 MLB in his schemes.

ChiTown
08-04-2005, 09:52 AM
Link to what ?

Boomer is struggling with gap assignments? Link?

TRR
08-04-2005, 09:52 AM
Fred Jones was the 3rd, they had Monte as MLB on the depth charts.

Gun has always kept 3 MLB in his schemes.

That's not true. Fred Jones only came into the picture when Beisel was moved back to OLB. Beisel was, in every manner of the word, an OLB.

ROYC75
08-04-2005, 09:53 AM

It was in a Gretz article the other day about Mitchell........

ROYC75
08-04-2005, 09:57 AM

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/08/01/gretz_mitchell_in_the_middle/

ChiTown
08-04-2005, 09:57 AM
It was in a Gretz article the other day about Mitchell........

I didn't see it, thus the link qwextion. tks.

Coach
08-04-2005, 09:58 AM
Rookie draft choice Boomer Grigsby has struggled with the second-team defense, especially against the run. Too often, he’s getting blocked and taken out of plays, while he’s looking for the football, rather than filling his assigned gap.

TRR
08-04-2005, 10:02 AM

Key words...Boomer Grigsby and 2nd team defense.

Ninjaman
08-04-2005, 10:26 AM
Maz is through.

What about the new guy Dehrhonde or something . Big 270 LB.

Couldn't he play MLB. If he has quickness , he could really be physical.

Chief Faithful
08-04-2005, 10:32 AM
Could be, but if he wants to make the 53 man roster, he needs to show up a little more than every other day. My buddy also told me that Kendrell Bell has gotten a couple of reps at MLB with the 3rd team. I think Kawika is a lock to start at MLB, but that's not good news for Scanlon fans if Bell is getting some backup reps.

If Bell can play MLB 2nd or 3rd team then Scanlon is gone and Stills will make the team because of special teams contributions.

alanm
08-04-2005, 10:57 AM
Working out individually like Shields is. Maz hasn't been cleared by team doctors yet.
I hate to say it but I think Maz is done.

Taco John
08-04-2005, 10:59 AM
What is Maz's status?

Slow

Coach
08-04-2005, 11:00 AM
Slow

Can't be any slower than Clarrett tho, eh TJ? ;)

:p

Demonpenz
08-04-2005, 11:02 AM
i heard that the surgery that maz had was basicly they amputated his leg to shave off bone then pieced it back together.

Mr. Laz
08-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Besides, when are we suppose to take Grunny serious ?
ya and you realize that Gretz would post "grigsby is struggling ....." just as another shot at the fans .... don't you?

fans starting to not like "player A" ... gretz writes that "player A" is misunderstood or getting better or whatever.

fans like "player b" ... gretz writes how "player b" really doesn't have a chance blah,blah,blah.

gretz belongs to the "peterson,dawes,soren petro,htismaqe fan hater club"

.... never met a fan they didn't think was stupid.

KCTitus
08-04-2005, 11:22 AM

.... never met a fan they didn't think was stupid. --47 extra lines deleted--

Hey, how come I got dropped from the club? I sent in my dues check last week!

KCTitus
08-04-2005, 12:06 PM
Anyone know what number Boomer's running with? I want to break down the game film from uwrf's site.

htismaqe
08-04-2005, 12:07 PM
ya and you realize that Gretz would post "grigsby is struggling ....." just as another shot at the fans .... don't you?

fans starting to not like "player A" ... gretz writes that "player A" is misunderstood or getting better or whatever.

fans like "player b" ... gretz writes how "player b" really doesn't have a chance blah,blah,blah.

I'm glad you saw it fit to lump me in there. Just proves to me that there ARE alot of stupid fans.

Mr. Laz
08-04-2005, 12:09 PM
I'm glad you saw it fit to lump me in there. Just proves to me that there ARE alot of stupid fans.
i wondered if you were still around
http://www.humorbg.com/Karikaturi/animals/bait.jpg

htismaqe
08-04-2005, 12:11 PM
i wondered if you were still around
http://www.humorbg.com/Karikaturi/animals/bait.jpg

Bait? Hardly.

Lumping me, a faceless person on a BB, with professional football people like Peterson and Gretz is libelous.

Mr. Laz
08-04-2005, 01:10 PM
Bait? Hardly.

Lumping me, a faceless person on a BB, with professional football people like Peterson and Gretz is libelous.
your right ...

i respect your opinion alot more than gretz and peterson

sorry about that

grumpy bastige

htismaqe
08-04-2005, 01:17 PM
your right ...

i respect your opinion alot more than gretz and peterson

sorry about that

grumpy bastige

:D

jidar1
08-04-2005, 01:28 PM

Now that's ****ing ignorant. You're going to tell me that Gretz is just making it all up so he can put one over on the fans. Sure whatever.
The bottom line though is Grigsby is on the 2nd team defense, which means he's not being chumped out. I have no doubts that he is struggling with gap assignment though. Nobody expects anyone to pick everything up their first camp in the NFL. The exception being DJ of course...

KCTitus
08-04-2005, 01:34 PM
Now that's ****ing ignorant.

I think that means you're part of the 'club' now.

Mr. Laz
08-04-2005, 01:38 PM
You're going to tell me that Gretz is just making it all up so he can put one over on the fans. Sure whatever.
i'm saying that you can take information and write a story that leaves all sorts of different impressions.

hear twenty different things about defense ... emphasis on the things you choose.

you can bet that gretz is gonna pick the "anti fan" perspective just like rufus dawes does.

there's nothing that gets a writer in the good graces of the chiefs front office faster than writing a story that mocks the media and/or fans.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-04-2005, 01:39 PM
No one f#cks with Scanlon. He will make the team or Dick and Gun will pay with Scanlon's dick and gun!

royr17
08-04-2005, 02:50 PM
Scanlon is only 3rd team cause his body and legs are worn out from playing over in NFLE and then goin to Training Camp.

Scanlon will make the team regardless of what you guys think.

Hammock Parties
08-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Scanlon is only 3rd team cause his body and legs are worn out from playing over in NFLE and then goin to Training Camp.

He will make an excellent special teams player.

keg in kc
08-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Scanlon is only 3rd team cause his body and legs are worn out from playing over in NFLE and then goin to Training Camp.Yeah, it's not like he had a month off after OTAs like everybody else.

htismaqe
08-04-2005, 03:31 PM
He will make an excellent special teams player.

For the Colorado Crush.

|Zach|
08-04-2005, 03:32 PM
For the Colorado Crush.heh

Rausch
08-04-2005, 03:41 PM

Every now and again "us guys" includes Gunther...

Chiefs Pantalones
08-04-2005, 04:05 PM
I don't see why some people (well, some people meaning the Roys) think Scanlon is anything special. So he won the DPOTL...big deal, it was NFLE. Didn't Lawrence Phillips win the OPOTL in NFLE a couple years back?

Rausch
08-04-2005, 04:07 PM
I don't see why some people (well, some people meaning the Roys) think Scanlon is anything special. So he won the DPOTL...big deal, it was NFLE. Didn't Lawrence Phillips win the OPOTL in NFLE a couple years back?

Phillips talent was never in question. His problem was his thug mentality and smacking the spit out of his dinner date...

Chiefs Pantalones
08-04-2005, 04:15 PM
Phillips talent was never in question. His problem was his thug mentality and smacking the spit out of his dinner date...

Ouch. He's such a has-been that I forgot that he actually was a talent and a high draft pick. Lawrence Phillips has a better chance at making our team than Scanlon. ROFL

Iowanian
08-04-2005, 04:23 PM
I'll be curious what the Roys and scatfan91 will have to say when Scanlon is Cut.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
08-04-2005, 04:26 PM
I agree, the NFLE is a joke. I wouldn't be surprised if Scanlon was cut. I posted this a couple of months ago.

NFLE All-defense teams:

2000 All-Defense
DE Derrick Ham, Rhe
DE Marques Douglas, Rhe
DE Mike Sutton, Ber
DT Antonio Dingle, Sco
LB Jaime Baisley, Rhe
LB Richard Hogans, Ber
LB John Hesse, Sco
CB DeShone Mallard, Rhe
CB D. Hawthorne, Sco
S Blaine McElmurry, Sco
S Brad Trout, Bar

2001 All-Defense
DE Roshaun Matthews, Ams
DT Tim Englehardt, Bar
DT Winfield Garnett, Ams
DE Chris Ward, Sco
LB Scott Zimmerman, Rhe
LB Dwan Epps, Ams
LB Gary Stills, Fra
CB Anthony Malbrough, Bar
S Deke Cooper, Rhe
S Clarence LeBlanc, Rhe
CB Todd McMillon, Fra

QB Jonathan Quinn (had to throw his name in, 2001 MVP)

2002All-Defense
DE Mike Sutton, Ams
DT Norris McCleary, Fra
DT Brandon Miller, Rhe
DE Jerome Davis, Fra
LB Tim Johnson, Rhe
LB June Waddy, Ber
LB Maugaula Tuitele, Rhe
CB Earthwind Moreland, Rhe
S Deke Cooper, Rhe
S Scott Shields, Sco
CB Corey Ivy, Fra

2004 NFLE Defensive MVP Corey Jackson
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/397249

recognize anyone besides stills?

KC Dan
08-04-2005, 04:28 PM
But, but, but, but, it's Rich F'N Scanlon!

tk13
08-04-2005, 04:32 PM
I think he'll make the 53 man roster. Not sure he'll be on the active gameday roster each week, but I'd imagine somebody out there would snatch him if he was on the practice squad.

huskerdooz
08-04-2005, 04:33 PM
I'll be curious what the Roys and scatfan91 will have to say when Scanlon is Cut.

I'll be curious what all the Scanlon bashers will say if he does make the team and actually contributes.

That being said, I could care less either way. If he's good enough he'll make the team. If he's not he won't. It's as simple as that.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-04-2005, 04:34 PM
I agree, the NFLE is a joke. I wouldn't be surprised if Scanlon was cut. I posted this a couple of months ago.

NFLE All-defense teams:

2000 All-Defense
DE Derrick Ham, Rhe
DE Marques Douglas, Rhe
DE Mike Sutton, Ber
DT Antonio Dingle, Sco
LB Jaime Baisley, Rhe
LB Richard Hogans, Ber
LB John Hesse, Sco
CB DeShone Mallard, Rhe
CB D. Hawthorne, Sco
S Blaine McElmurry, Sco
S Brad Trout, Bar

2001 All-Defense
DE Roshaun Matthews, Ams
DT Tim Englehardt, Bar
DT Winfield Garnett, Ams
DE Chris Ward, Sco
LB Scott Zimmerman, Rhe
LB Dwan Epps, Ams
LB Gary Stills, Fra
CB Anthony Malbrough, Bar
S Deke Cooper, Rhe
S Clarence LeBlanc, Rhe
CB Todd McMillon, Fra

QB Jonathan Quinn (had to throw his name in, 2001 MVP)

2002All-Defense
DE Mike Sutton, Ams
DT Norris McCleary, Fra
DT Brandon Miller, Rhe
DE Jerome Davis, Fra
LB Tim Johnson, Rhe
LB June Waddy, Ber
LB Maugaula Tuitele, Rhe
CB Earthwind Moreland, Rhe
S Deke Cooper, Rhe
S Scott Shields, Sco
CB Corey Ivy, Fra

2004 NFLE Defensive MVP Corey Jackson
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/397249

recognize anyone besides stills?

I think the NFLE is good in developing players. I don't necessarily think it's a joke, I just think Scanlon is most likely to be on the Rashan Salaam side of the fence, than the Jake Delhomme side.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-04-2005, 04:38 PM
If he's good enough he'll make the team. If he's not he won't. It's as simple as that.

Not really.

Why?

Eric Hicks has a roster spot. I wouldn't want to see the naked pictures of Dick's wife either, so I'd keep him on the team no matter what.

ROYC75
08-04-2005, 05:08 PM

Hey there little buddy, that door swings both ways ! ;) What are the hecklers going to say ? :hmmm:

If you must know, in the event it happens, I'll just admit it wasn't to be this year for KC. FWIW, I think he will be picked up by some team that needs help.

I do feel like he is tired from all the banging and running. Many on here have expressed the same thing prior to TC. Even Dante Hall claimed he was physically wore out in TC from his tour of NFLE.

If Boomer is better at the end of TC, so be it. Again, IMHO, Rich will be on the 53 roster and playing ST's each game. I do believe that Rich will emerge as the # 2 MLB by end of TC, of course as always, it's my opinion.

Bottomline, I want the best out there on both sides of the ball. We fans are ready for a winner, a team we can get excited about again.

el borracho
08-04-2005, 05:48 PM
So far, so good... only 37 posts to go and we have over 6 hours to meet my prediction.

ROYC75
08-09-2005, 10:29 AM
Key words...Boomer Grigsby and 2nd team defense.

FTR, they have been switching them both back and forth on 2nd string....

It's called a training camp battle .... :D

Iowanian
08-09-2005, 10:54 AM
Roy....

I see you're using NFLE and the "tired legs" out for Scanlon.

I don't recall that being a valid excuse for Maslowski....or Dante Hall........or Montique Sharpe...or Kurt Warner....you get the point.

If Scanlon ends up being a superstaaaah for the Chiefs, like any fan, I'm sure most of the hecklers along with me will say "fabulous....outstanding....wonderful..."

and after you've crowed too much, and repeat has been in here starting his 35 threads doing it.....We'll probably start picking on you.

The Bad Guy
08-09-2005, 10:55 AM
FTR, they have been switching them both back and forth on 2nd string....

It's called a training camp battle .... :D

I was up there 4 days, never once did I see them switch back and forth.

ROYC75
08-09-2005, 11:06 AM
Roy....

I see you're using NFLE and the "tired legs" out for Scanlon.

I don't recall that being a valid excuse for Maslowski....or Dante Hall........or Montique Sharpe...or Kurt Warner....you get the point.

If Scanlon ends up being a superstaaaah for the Chiefs, like any fan, I'm sure most of the hecklers along with me will say "fabulous....outstanding....wonderful..."

and after you've crowed too much, and repeat has been in here starting his 35 threads doing it.....We'll probably start picking on you.

Who is crowing .... ?

Rich is no Boomer, Rich does no right to many members here, I was just setting the record straight.

Tired legs ? Not saying this is the reason, but it has been noticed he has been limping around some.

Again, I'm not concerned, IMHO, I think he will be # 2 when camp breaks.

ROYC75
08-09-2005, 11:09 AM
I was up there 4 days, never once did I see them switch back and forth.

I have no answer for the 4 days you saw ..........

ROYC75
08-09-2005, 11:11 AM
Here's a Boomer interview ..........

http://www.chiefscoalition.com/index.php?id=168

DB: Where are you on the depth chart?

BOOMER: I'm running with the second string.

DB: Rich Scanlon is running behind you?

BOOMER: Rich is running behind me, and we rotate on certain deals.

One of them will be 2nd string, one will be 3rd string.

Mr. Laz
08-09-2005, 11:14 AM
One of them will be 2nd string, one will be 3rd string.

i wouldn't think they would keep a 3rd string MLB unless that linebacker can play other linebacking positions AND contribute heavily to special teams.

Iowanian
08-09-2005, 11:19 AM
Who is crowing .... ?

Rich is no Boomer, Rich does no right to many members here, I was just setting the record straight.

Tired legs ? Not saying this is the reason, but it has been noticed he has been limping around some.

Again, I'm not concerned, IMHO, I think he will be # 2 when camp breaks.

I say, I say I say YOU are crowing RoyHorn Leghorn.

ROYC75
08-09-2005, 11:20 AM
i would think they would keep a 3rd string MLB unless that linebacker can play other linebacking positions AND contribute heavily to special teams.

This is true, Gun wants a 4th starter, a guy who can plug in anywhere and play.

Bell ? Possible. right now the way Fox has stepped up, me think'n that he will be the guy on the 3-4 at times.

Maybe Rich or Boomer in short yardage or goaline defese......

Gun has many options this year with Bell and Johnson here now.

ROYC75
08-09-2005, 11:20 AM
I say, I say I say YOU are crowing RoyHorn Leghorn.

ROFL

Uatu
08-09-2005, 11:22 AM
Why is this guy so famous? I get the feeling the only time we will hear his name is when he makes a tackle on a kickoff or gets a block in the back or something.

Saulbadguy
08-09-2005, 11:23 AM
He is a locker room cancer to boot.

Iowanian
08-09-2005, 11:24 AM
well Uatu....He did make a tackle in a preseason game last year AND committed special teams penalties last year.

Mr. Laz
08-09-2005, 11:25 AM
Why is this guy so famous? I get the feeling the only time we will hear his name is when he makes a tackle on a kickoff or gets a block in the back or something.
Royr17,Royc75 and scanfan99

he has his own groupie organization :shrug:

Chiefs Pantalones
08-09-2005, 11:25 AM
I can't believe you're arguing who will be second and who will be third. Bottomline is, if they aren't starting, they aren't worth shit. It's like arguing-- who is better, Todd Pinkston or James Thrash? ROFL

KCTitus
08-09-2005, 11:27 AM
I can't believe you're arguing who will be second and who will be third. Bottomline is, if they aren't starting, they aren't worth shit. It's like arguing-- who is better, Todd Pinkston or James Thrash? ROFL

Thrash, silly...Pinkston is out for the season.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-09-2005, 11:28 AM
Thrash, silly...Pinkston is out for the season.

ROFL My mistake.

ROYC75
08-09-2005, 11:29 AM

I don't think anybody is arguring about it, right now nobody is locked down as starters or 2nd string, although we all know who the potential starters will be.

Let them continue to battle, makes for a better team.