PDA

View Full Version : Body Temperature Sensor

bogie
08-04-2005, 04:05 PM
The Jags are one of several teams using the CorTemp Ingestible Corey Body Temperature Sensor. Made by a Florida company, a player swallows a pill about the size of a multi-vitamin. The pill is actually a sensor that monitors core body temperatures for 24 to 36 hours. A sensing device held by a trainer receives signals from the pill, revealing body temps.

This was on KCChiefs.com. I find this technology amazing. Does the sensor dissolve or do they poop it out? I wonder if the Chiefs use these?

Zebedee DuBois
08-04-2005, 04:20 PM
I wonder if they are reusable. ROFL

bogie
08-04-2005, 04:23 PM
I wonder if they are reusable. ROFL

:Lin:

Donger
08-04-2005, 04:25 PM
The Jags are one of several teams using the CorTemp Ingestible Corey Body Temperature Sensor. Made by a Florida company, a player swallows a pill about the size of a multi-vitamin. The pill is actually a sensor that monitors core body temperatures for 24 to 36 hours. A sensing device held by a trainer receives signals from the pill, revealing body temps.

This was on KCChiefs.com. I find this technology amazing. Does the sensor dissolve or do they poop it out? I wonder if the Chiefs use these?

Dissolving a RF section and battery within a human being would be bad.

Zebedee DuBois
08-04-2005, 04:27 PM
You could write your name on your pill with a sharpie...but it would probably get erased by your stomach acids.

Kind of erie, swallowing a battery and having radio waves being transmitted from your gut.

Then there is the matter of retrieval.

Edit: What Donger said.

Kerberos
08-04-2005, 04:30 PM
24-36 hours ????

Take a good laxative and it would be gone in less than an hour !

:D

Then give it to the dog down the street and watch the trainer think you are ready to have a seizure!

:)

bogie
08-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Dissolving a RF section and battery within a human being would be bad.

I would think so. So I guess they poop it out.