PDA

View Full Version : I, for one, will trust DV with the WR decisions

Red Dawg
08-04-2005, 06:52 PM
as if I have a choice but him and Al have done offensive wonders for us so whoever they keep will be fine with me. I will not complain.

Eddie, Mitchell and Parker are locks in my book. Hall will probably not be used as much at WR. I think Thorpe and Bo will be kept but I think Horn and Smith will be cut.

keg in kc
08-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Who is this "one" and why are you trusting DV for him or her?

J Diddy
08-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Who is this "one" and why are you trusting DV for him or her?

It is the voice that lives in his head....

I wish it'd tell him to give me $10.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-04-2005, 07:00 PM
as if I have a choice but him and Al have done offensive wonders for us so whoever they keep will be fine with me. I will not complain.

Eddie, Mitchell and Parker are locks in my book. Hall will probably not be used as much at WR. I think Thorpe and Bo will be kept but I think Horn and Smith will be cut.

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_More_You_Know/images/logo.jpg

NaptownChief
08-04-2005, 07:00 PM
Barring injury I would be surprised if it wasn't Parker, Kennison, Mitchell, Boe and Crap but I would sure like to see them figure out a way to keep Richard Smith some how.

keg in kc
08-04-2005, 07:01 PM
Eddie, Mitchell and Parker are locks in my book. That must be a pretty important book, if it locks.

Logical
08-04-2005, 07:12 PM
LOL why would anyone trust DV implicitly, wqs it the outstanding crew of WR's we had in his first year here? Perhaps it was Johnny Morton that inspires this confidence?

Mecca
08-04-2005, 07:14 PM
I think the confidence is inspired by........... Chris Thomas.

NaptownChief
08-04-2005, 07:14 PM
LOL why would anyone trust DV implicitly, wqs it the outstanding crew of WR's we had in his first year here? Perhaps it was Johnny Morton that inspires this confidence?

ROFL

Or maybe not letting Sammie Parker on the field until we were out of playoff contention. Probably didn't want to steal any of those big plays away from Morton.

Hydrae
08-04-2005, 07:37 PM
Barring injury I would be surprised if it wasn't Parker, Kennison, Mitchell, Boe and Crap but I would sure like to see them figure out a way to keep Richard Smith some how.

Glad to know I am not the only one who wishes there was a way to keep Smith. The kid just seemed to make plays when given the chance.

Red Dawg
08-04-2005, 07:38 PM
We lead the league in almost everything offensively and you guys think DV and Saunders don't know what their doing? WTF?

If they say that these (whoever) are the best WR's to keep then that should be good enough for KC faihful. With what they have done with our offense they've earned the respect not to be second guessed by the know it all wannabe's all of us are.

NaptownChief
08-04-2005, 07:46 PM
We lead the league in almost everything offensively and you guys think DV and Saunders don't know what their doing? WTF?

If they say that these (whoever) are the best WR's to keep then that should be good enough for KC faihful. With what they have done with our offense they've earned the respect not to be second guessed by the know it all wannabe's all of us are.

They have done a great job with the offense but they are certainly not without fault. He won a Super Bowl with the Rams but he also fired one of his coaches who believed Kurt Warner should get a shot ahead of Tony Banks...Had he listened to his coach he might have won a couple. He is an excellent coach but his loyalty and emotions get in the way of making tough decisions at times.

It is possible to respect the guy and still be honest you know.

el borracho
08-04-2005, 07:52 PM
Glad to know I am not the only one who wishes there was a way to keep Smith. The kid just seemed to make plays when given the chance.
What plays did Richard Smith make? IIRC, he did poorly in the few games he played.

el borracho
08-04-2005, 07:53 PM
By the way, I predict
Kennison
Parker
Bo
Mitchell
Thorpe
Hall

NaptownChief
08-04-2005, 08:07 PM
What plays did Richard Smith make? IIRC, he did poorly in the few games he played.

He made several in the preseason...Then the regular season came along and only sniffed the field a couple times before being cut and resigned to the practice squad.

keg in kc
08-04-2005, 08:12 PM
I don't put much stock in preseason performance. It's not the same offense, they're running about 0% of the scheme against base defenses, and because of it guys who just don't have NFL tools (yet) can shine. On either side of the ball, for that matter. It's the same reason I don't get hard-ons over NFLE performance.

In any case, hopefully every receiver on the roster looks great throughout camp, it's a bitch of a decision to make, and we manage to choose wisely.

Hey, there's even a chance we could release a receiver at cutdown who might catch on and even contribute somewhere else. What were the odds of that any other year recently.

TEX
08-04-2005, 08:40 PM
He made several in the preseason...Then the regular season came along and only sniffed the field a couple times before being cut and resigned to the practice squad.

Yep. And that's because when he played he had a lot of drops.

B_Ambuehl
08-04-2005, 09:30 PM
Who gets final word on who's cut and who stays? Does CP have anything to do with cuts?

Hydrae
08-04-2005, 09:34 PM
Yep. And that's because when he played he had a lot of drops.

That may be, I honestly don't remember that. I also could be that I am getting Horn and Smith mixed up.

From kcchiefs.com:

Former collegiate track star is making his second trek to training camp with Kansas City in 2005 … Entered NFL as a rookie free agent a year ago and made the Chiefs Opening Day 53-man roster … Played in the first three games of the season before spending the next 12 weeks on Kansas City’s practice squad … Returned to the active roster for the final two games … Looks to build on his experience from a year ago while battling for a reserve wide receiver spot … Speedy performer also has the ability to make an impact in various capacities on special teams … Has seen action in four NFL contests.
Transactions: Signed a three-year contract with Kansas City (12/24/04) ... Added to Kansas City’s practice squad (9/29/04) ... Released by Kansas City (9/27/04) ... Signed a two-year contract as a rookie free agent with Kansas City (4/27/04).

Played in four games as a reserve WR and was inactive for one contest … Appeared in his first career NFL game at Denver (9/12) ... Played as a reserve vs. Carolina (9/19) and vs. Houston (9/26) ... Was released on September 27th and added to the practice squad on September 29th … Was promoted to the 53-man roster on December 24th … Played as a reserve WR vs. Oakland (12/25) ... Was inactive at San Diego (1/2/05).

So he made it back onto the team in December for whatever that is worth. The one piece of info above I found interesting but don't know what it may (or may not) mean is us giving him a 2 year contract in April and then a new 3 year one in December. :shrug:

Hydrae
08-04-2005, 09:41 PM
One last thing regarding Smith, I just finished looking at the play-by-plays on nfl.com from the first 4 games last year and the Christmas game against the Raiders (the games he was active for). I found 2 passes incomplete (no way to tell why they were incomplete) in the game against the Panthers on back to back plays. Those are the only 2 passes even thrown his way in the 4 total games for which he was active.

Logical
08-04-2005, 09:44 PM

Well if he had waited to declare that Mitchell had made the team until the team had more than 4 days of Training Camp and Mitchell had shown his injury was truly not going to matter you would have a better point.