PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have contacts with NASA?

redsurfer11
08-04-2005, 09:08 PM
I came up with the perfect idea as to how to keep the foam from falling off the booster rockets. This isn't Rocket Science, its %!&&$# rigging at its finest. And I am the best %!&&$# rigger on the planet. Phone numbers or addresses to the proper administrations would be appreciated greatly. Thanks Dave

Rukdafaidas
08-04-2005, 09:12 PM
Duct tape?

Slayer Diablo
08-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Duct tape?

Of course...it's one of the best manmade things we have.

redsurfer11
08-04-2005, 09:26 PM
Duct tape?

I'm sure Nasa has spent lots of money on this idea already. But there is too much weight with the Duct Tape. You would have to design a lightweight skelletal structure for the foam to hold onto. If it cracks, it would not break off. my idea would accomplish it.

onescrewleftuntwisted
08-04-2005, 10:42 PM
I WILL MY NASA PHONE CARD
CALL THEM UP TELL THEM ALL ABOUT IT
THE FBI WILL BE SIGNING UP TOMOROW

onescrewleftuntwisted
08-04-2005, 10:43 PM
i wonder what avatar they will use

J Diddy
08-04-2005, 10:51 PM
One time in high school me and some friends got really freaking drunk and came up with the cure for aids....We didn't have any paper so we wrote it down on toilet paper. Later on we ran out of tp in the bathroom so I wiped my ass with it.

I tell you this so you can do something with your idea. It weighs heavily on my soul knowing all the needless deaths I've caused because I didn't wipe with my bare hand....

Ninjaman
08-04-2005, 10:59 PM
Cure for Aids did I hear you say.

They have the cure . It's called reverse engineered HIV . Fight fire with fire approach.

Take the virus and have it innoculate the T-cells so they can't be reinfected. I think they are experimenting with it.

Hell , I thought of this long ago but I am no f-ing scientist.

J Diddy
08-04-2005, 11:06 PM
Cure for Aids did I hear you say.

They have the cure . It's called reverse engineered HIV . Fight fire with fire approach.

Take the virus and have it innoculate the T-cells so they can't be reinfected. I think they are experimenting with it.

Hell , I thought of this long ago but I am no f-ing scientist.

That's brilliant, except mine was in 1990.

The point is don't wipe your ass with science.

J Diddy
08-04-2005, 11:44 PM
Funnily enough, I actually do know a girl who's an engineer for NASA.

Tell her about duct tape.

J Diddy
08-04-2005, 11:52 PM
I'm sure she's familiar with it. Whenever we see each other we're drunk, so it's not like she'd remember anyway.

Whatever you do, don't write it down on toilet paper. Bad things happen that way.

Rausch
08-04-2005, 11:54 PM
I'm sure she's familiar with it. Whenever we see each other we're drunk, so it's not like she'd remember anyway.

That makes the picture a whole lot more clear to me now.

J Diddy
08-04-2005, 11:55 PM
That makes the picture a whole lot more clear to me now.

I'm blocking it out.

chiefsfan58
08-04-2005, 11:59 PM
I interned with them two summers ago, so I could try to dig up some contact information, though I doubt it'd be much better than what you can find on their website or google.

J Diddy
08-05-2005, 12:02 AM
I interned with them two summers ago, I could try to dig up some contact information, though I doubt it'd be much better than what you can find on their website or google.

Are you kidding, we need high level access immediately.
Get the Director on the phone immediately.

ct
08-05-2005, 07:16 AM
Duct tape?

I had this conversation with a co-worker the day after the launch. Imagine that huge booster all wrapped up in duct tape! ROFL

But what's really funny, is we both sincerely felt that stuff would hold baby!!

ct
08-05-2005, 07:18 AM
btw, my wife's cousin works for NASA, some propulusion engineer. No comment from him when I asked if they take work breaks diving into piles of foam.

Bwana
08-05-2005, 07:24 AM
http://www.nasa.gov/about/contact/index.html

ROYC75
08-05-2005, 10:01 AM
Funnily enough, I actually do know a girl who's an engineer for NASA.

I went to my 30 year HS reunion this last July only to find that a guy I went to HS( who couldn't be present) is a some type of director on the shuttle launch....... :eek:

He always was a smart ass type student........:D

CosmicPal
08-05-2005, 10:05 AM
I'll drop some acid and get even more far-out contacts for you.

Braincase
08-05-2005, 10:13 AM
My best frend is one of four email postmasters at NASA.

rob@nasa.gov

Ninjaman
08-05-2005, 11:04 AM
Your email will fall on deaf ears and return an autogenerated email . Try writing a email to Bush , same thing.

The real problem though is YOU DON'T USE FOAM ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE EXTERNAL IF YOU USE ALSO USE A SHUTTLE ADJACENT TO IT. YOU PUT THE SHUTTLE ON TOP OF THE ROCKET SO DEBRIS CAN'T HIT IT.

In the next design when they retire that turdy one.