PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else going to the Quincy's to watch the first preseason game?

whoaskew
08-05-2005, 12:15 AM
I will be going early so that I can get in the Madden tournament. I called the phone number and they said they will be using Madden 2006 (the new one coming out next week) and there will be trophies for the top three as well as cash prizes based on the number of people in the tournament.

This is the flyer I got in my email.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=45476&stc=1

whoaskew
08-05-2005, 09:41 PM
Anyone?

Phobia
08-05-2005, 09:48 PM
I'm not going because I have plans for that night.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=120145

You seem pretty interested in Quincy's considering half of your 8 posts are about the place. If you have a commercial interest in Quincy's we do welcome advertising sponsorship on ChiefsPlanet. In fact, I'd encourage an event there if I were sure you were legit.

whoaskew
08-06-2005, 11:29 AM
There is a madden tournament before the game with cash prizes and the more people that enter the bigger the pot.

So, I'm not sure if that counts as a "Commercial Interest."

I received the flyer from a friend of mine who works at Sprint, (the same guy who organizes our fantasy football league) and I was trying to gauge what kind of turnout there would be.

If there is only a few people there, I would know not to get too excited about the possibility of winning a big pot, and I might not bother to go.

On the other hand, if EVERYONE is talking about going, I would know I better start practicing.

I would be pretty upset if I got there, and there was like only 3 people or something, but I did just hear the radio ad about it last night so maybe the turnout will be okay.

|Zach|
08-06-2005, 11:43 AM
I don't think you will find many people from here at this thing but thats not really a good representation of how the attendance at the whole event will be. Give em a call...

Phobia
08-06-2005, 04:52 PM
There is a madden tournament before the game with cash prizes and the more people that enter the bigger the pot.

So, I'm not sure if that counts as a "Commercial Interest."

I received the flyer from a friend of mine who works at Sprint, (the same guy who organizes our fantasy football league) and I was trying to gauge what kind of turnout there would be.

If there is only a few people there, I would know not to get too excited about the possibility of winning a big pot, and I might not bother to go.

On the other hand, if EVERYONE is talking about going, I would know I better start practicing.

I would be pretty upset if I got there, and there was like only 3 people or something, but I did just hear the radio ad about it last night so maybe the turnout will be okay.

Cool. No problem. I got a little annoyed because most of your posts are about this event - which led me to believe maybe you signed up for an account simply to promote it. Additionally, we're having our own event the same night and I thought it kinda bad form to promote something else. But on second thought, I don't care because it gives people options.

whoaskew
08-07-2005, 03:20 PM
No problem. I understand where you are coming from.

On a side note, I was just in a Madden tournament yesterday at Gamestop at Independence Mall. They were using the 2005 version and the winner gets a free copy of the 2006 version on Tuesday when it comes out.

Well, I didn't win. You had to win five games to take the prize and I only made it to the third round in which I lost 10-7 in which the 17 year old kid I was playing kicked the game winning field goal with 13 seconds left to go in the game. I guess I should not have been surprised that last year's Chiefs were NOT built for a defensive struggle. :)

I shouldn't have to worry about any 17 year olds beating me this Friday though since the flyer says 21 and up so maybe I will have a chance this time :)