PDA

View Full Version : Tank (dog that replaced Mojo) took 3rd in dock diving today

Mojo Rising
08-06-2005, 06:31 PM
Went to a local dock diving competition and my dog Tank took 3rd. Received a $25 gift certificate and a $75 gift bag of hunting dog gifts. If he starts to improve I might quit my job and join the circuit. He only jumped 14.5' today. It was a short ramp. He has jumped 18.5' before.

Does anybody else enter their dogs in dock diving? Are there any good "supplements" that I can give him to add a foot or two? If so, please include instructions on how to cycle himm on and off.

Coach
08-06-2005, 06:41 PM
Supplements?

I hear steroids can really help his jumping abilities improve to a foot or two. :D

:jester:

DanT
08-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Congratulations, Mojo Rising.

We have a couple of Samoyeds (Siberian working dogs), so I doubt they'd ever willingly jump off a dock. I think they think water will freeze them to death. We'll be vacationing on the coast around Mendocino in mid-September, so it'll be interesting to see how our dogs handle it. I expect they'll like the sand, but be spooked by the surf. ;)

Mojo Rising
08-06-2005, 07:41 PM
Congratulations, Mojo Rising.

We have a couple of Samoyeds (Siberian working dogs), so I doubt they'd ever willingly jump off a dock. I think they think water will freeze them to death. We'll be vacationing on the coast around Mendocino in mid-September, so it'll be interesting to see how our dogs handle it. I expect they'll like the sand, but be spooked by the surf. ;)

The Mendocino Coast is beautiful. My wife and I were married on a cliff next to the beach in Sea Ranch. I'll bet your dog would be good at the weight pulling event. We saw a Great Dane pull 1800 lbs.

Phobia
08-06-2005, 09:54 PM
That's cool. I wish I had a useful dog. My little thing doesn't do anything. He's wearing panties today because he had his glands expressed. He's got some gland disfunction. Useless little thing, he is.

chefsos
08-06-2005, 11:15 PM
That's an interesting theory. My neighbor has a Siberian Husky. That thing will never jump in the pool. 110 degrees outside, that things gotta be dying... but, she won't get wet.

....as opposed to Labs; you can't keep 'em out of the water. Used to have one, and a 4' above ground pool. Whenever she would disappear, I only had to look at the pool to see that black head bobbing around in there.

Thing is, she could jump right over that pool wall, but she couldn't get back out! We had to pay close attention, or have a black, hairy pool floater.

Brando
08-06-2005, 11:21 PM
That's cool. I wish I had a useful dog. My little thing doesn't do anything. He's wearing panties today because he had his glands expressed. He's got some gland disfunction. Useless little thing, he is.

They say that dogs take on the personality of their owners. Very interesting...

Mojo Rising
08-07-2005, 06:26 PM
We went back to compete again today and took 1st place. There were 16 dogs today instead of 10 yesterday. The same 3 were the winners but different order. Today's prize was a $260 30 odd 6. I want to go trade it in for a shot gun when I can pick it up in 10 days (what a stupid law.)

We paid for the $12 entry fee for today out of yesterdays winnings ($25 gift certificate) and had $13 left to pur toward a new cooler on wheels.

Tank jumped the same distance today. The cometetion just didn't do as well.

We have beef ribs for dinner tonight and Tank will have a lot of bones for his reward!

Out of pocket I paid $12 for Saturdays entry fee and got a $75 dog gift pack, $13 toward a cooler and a $260 gun. Pretty good weekend!

Mojo Rising
08-07-2005, 06:42 PM
Heh. I could walk into a gun store out here and walk out with a legal handgun the same day. No permit, no nothing.

California is nice but there are some sacrifices to live here. I also can't buy a lower unit for an AR-15. It is absolutely ridiculous. I did hear part of a news story though that suggested that the law that prevents me from owning one isn't a permanent one and may be expiring soon.

If it does I am going to buy an AR-15 just so when they change the law back I will be grandfathered in. I don't know what I'll do with it though.