Jeez, I forgot he had cancer.

RIP

Crush
08-07-2005, 09:57 PM
Holy Crap

R.I.P. Jennings

Chiefs Pantalones
08-07-2005, 10:02 PM
He was one of the best. He was so calm and cool on the air.

chiefs4me
08-07-2005, 10:05 PM
My god, I did not realize he was that sick...very sorry to hear this. My prayers to the family.

chiefs4me
08-07-2005, 10:07 PM
He was one of the best. He was so calm and cool on the air.

and very handsome...:p

DJay23
08-07-2005, 10:08 PM
Wow, I didn't realize he was pushing 70!

1938-2005

ChiefsFire
08-07-2005, 10:09 PM
wow cancer is a bitch

took my dad

condolenses to the family

tk13
08-07-2005, 10:10 PM
RIP. Just horrible.

BigMeatballDave
08-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Eh, just another Canadian...

Demonpenz
08-07-2005, 10:16 PM
he didn't look that old. I think it would have been cool to let him do his own story about dying. It's going to be wierd when you see a retrospect on his life when it's ususally him doing the voice over for someone else dying.

Pants
08-07-2005, 10:17 PM
Oh man. RIP.

Demonpenz
08-07-2005, 10:17 PM
he probably ate right and had a personal trainer. Man i am not going to live to see 60

Chiefs Pantalones
08-07-2005, 10:25 PM
What I heard is that he was a big smoker.

VonneMarie
08-07-2005, 10:29 PM
What I heard is that he was a big smoker.
He was a heavy smoker, but has quit for the past 20 years or so.

FloridaChief
08-07-2005, 10:30 PM
He was a heavy smoker, but has quit for the past 20 years or so.

Jennings admitted he had started smoking again after 9/11/2001...

cowboy_big_rich
08-07-2005, 10:33 PM
I started after 9/11

I have 3 boys and was scared they would be drafted.

The wife is now throwing my sticks away :banghead: :rolleyes: :)

VonneMarie
08-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Jennings admitted he had started smoking again after 9/11/2001...
Well crap... :(

Chiefs Pantalones
08-07-2005, 10:38 PM
People don't understand, one of those things can do you damage. There is a warning label on the box, you know. Duh. May cause death.

Demonpenz
08-07-2005, 10:39 PM
peter jennings with a cowboy hat would look like the canadian marbolo man

Sure-Oz
08-07-2005, 11:52 PM
Such horrible news :(

teedubya
08-08-2005, 12:20 AM
God bless him and his family...

Ninjaman
08-08-2005, 01:46 AM
Came upon this while looking at news.

They get closer everyday to a cure. They know the genes. Now they can make a drug which isn't the hard part.

http://i-newswire.com/pr40501.html

WebGem
08-08-2005, 01:57 AM
Damnit, too bad it wasn't Randy Cross.

RIP

mcan
08-08-2005, 02:59 AM
Damnit, too bad it wasn't Randy Cross.

RIP

:shake:

I think that Randy Cross has gotten a pretty bad rep around here for no real reason. What exactly has he said or done that has everybody so pissed off? I'm a pretty astute football watcher, and there is even the occaisional time when Randy will point something out that I didn't notice. I think Randy really knows quite a bit about football and adds to the game a whole lot more than any of the national broadcast guys like Madden, Micheals, Simms, etc... In fact, the combo of Harland and Cross is the best television combo on TV by FAR. Granted, Cross' jokes are pretty lame, but I think it's funny when Harland calls him on it.

WebGem
08-08-2005, 03:12 AM

I think that Randy Cross has gotten a pretty bad rep around here for no real reason. What exactly has he said or done that has everybody so pissed off? I'm a pretty astute football watcher, and there is even the occaisional time when Randy will point something out that I didn't notice. I think Randy really knows quite a bit about football and adds to the game a whole lot more than any of the national broadcast guys like Madden, Micheals, Simms, etc... In fact, the combo of Harland and Cross is the best television combo on TV by FAR. Granted, Cross' jokes are pretty lame, but I think it's funny when Harland calls him on it.

tk13
08-08-2005, 03:16 AM
I don't really have much of a problem with Randy Cross, but I think to say he's the best, and "by far", is quite a stretch. He's not as good as Simms... I think Phil Simms flies under the radar sometimes because he's not real flashy. He does as good of a job as any analyst though, he seems to usually be on the ball with what's happening. As a team I don't think he has the chemistry with Nantz that he did with Gumbel, but it's not horrible. To be honest, I don't think Cross is as good as Dierdorf either, which is why he's their #3 analyst. Nobody seems to like Dierdorf but me though... he's not the greatest in breaking down the game but he appreciates good play in the trenches and he absolutely loves what he's doing and it shows on the air. I still remember him during the playoff game in 2003 just like a kid in awe, saying what an unbelievable thrill it was to just be in the stadium with that Arrowhead crowd going nuts after Dante took it to the house. Goosebumps. He makes you excited to watch football, and he doesn't play favorites. I don't remember what the details were but that's why people have a problem with Cross, they thought he was playing favorites pretty hard during a broadcast. I remember that enough people in KC thought he was, that the Star had an article about it and local sports radio stations actually brought him on the air to talk to him, but I can't remember all the details.

WebGem
08-08-2005, 03:20 AM
I don't really have much of a problem with Randy Cross, but I think to say he's the best, and "by far", is quite a stretch. He's not as good as Simms... I think Phil Simms flies under the radar sometimes because he's not real flashy. He does as good of a job as any analyst though, he seems to usually be on the ball with what's happening. As a team I don't think he has the chemistry with Nantz that he did with Gumbel, but it's not horrible. To be honest, I don't think Cross is as good as Dierdorf either, which is why he's their #3 analyst. Nobody seems to like Dierdorf but me though... he's not the greatest in breaking down the game but he appreciates good play in the trenches and he absolutely loves what he's doing and it shows on the air. I still remember him during the playoff game in 2003 just like a kid in awe, saying what an unbelievable thrill it was to just be in the stadium with that Arrowhead crowd going nuts after Dante took it to the house. Goosebumps. He makes you excited to watch football, and he doesn't play favorites. I don't remember what the details were but that's why people have a problem with Cross, they thought he was playing favorites pretty hard during a broadcast. I remember that enough people in KC thought it that the local sports radio stations actually brought him on the air to talk to him about it, but I can't remember all the details.
I don't like when people bring that game up.

mcan
08-08-2005, 03:22 AM

Me either.

Anyway, I feel kinda rude hijacking a thread like this.

RIP, Mr. Jennings. Your voice is permanantly etched into my sense memory.

tk13
08-08-2005, 03:25 AM
Eh, after 95 and 97, that was just a small speedbump in the road of disappointment. At least to me, I'm sure there are plenty who disagree, that loss didn't bother me nearly as bad as the other two. In this game, we knew the shootout was coming...

WebGem
08-08-2005, 03:45 AM
Eh, after 95 and 97, that was just a small speedbump in the road of disappointment. At least to me, I'm sure there are plenty who disagree, that loss didn't bother me nearly as bad as the other two. In this game, we knew the shootout was coming...
It still sucked.

StcChief
08-08-2005, 05:30 AM
Lets get a better replacement. ABC news still sucks.

siberian khatru
08-08-2005, 06:19 AM
Nobody seems to like Dierdorf but me though...

I like Dierdorf, too, always have. And I thought I was the only one. Well, there's two of us in the world.

KCFalcon59
08-08-2005, 06:27 AM
I like Dierdorf, too, always have. And I thought I was the only one. Well, there's two of us in the world.

make that three.

Mr. Laz
08-08-2005, 11:06 AM
Eh, just another Canadian...

BIG_DADDY
08-08-2005, 11:12 AM
I will never forget him bordering on crying when Clinton left office. Thinking about it still cracks me up. I didn't realize that the Marlboro man was such a sensitive guy.

Calcountry
08-08-2005, 12:01 PM

I think that Randy Cross has gotten a pretty bad rep around here for no real reason. What exactly has he said or done that has everybody so pissed off? I'm a pretty astute football watcher, and there is even the occaisional time when Randy will point something out that I didn't notice. I think Randy really knows quite a bit about football and adds to the game a whole lot more than any of the national broadcast guys like Madden, Micheals, Simms, etc... In fact, the combo of Harland and Cross is the best television combo on TV by FAR. Granted, Cross' jokes are pretty lame, but I think it's funny when Harland calls him on it.Shut up Randy.

Calcountry
08-08-2005, 12:04 PM
I like Dierdorf, too, always have. And I thought I was the only one. Well, there's two of us in the world.Yes, Dierdorf knows a good O line when he sees one. ;)

He is one of the few guys who will bread down a running play from the perspective of the blockers and not, BAM he hit that hole, and BOB broke that tackle.

Calcountry
08-08-2005, 12:05 PM
I will never forget him bordering on crying when Clinton left office. Thinking about it still cracks me up. I didn't realize that the Marlboro man was such a sensitive guy.To sybolize his leftness I always referred to him as Peotr(Russian accent) Jennings.

RIP dude. Now you know for sure if there is a God.

BigMeatballDave
08-08-2005, 12:10 PM
:shake:LOL - I was waiting for someone to comment on that. He was an old man who smoked for years. WTF did everyone think was gonna happen?