PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone think DV goes too long with his practices?

Chiefs Pantalones
08-08-2005, 11:40 AM
I've heard some people say that's the reason why lots of players are getting injured, because of his three hour practices. A lot of teams in the league only practice for 90 minutes, then meetings, according to the media.

What do you think?

BigRedChief
08-08-2005, 11:53 AM
I've heard some people say that's the reason why lots of players are getting injured, because of his three hour practices. A lot of teams in the league only practice for 90 minutes, then meetings, according to the media.

What do you think?

I do have concerns with the injuries in training camp. Yeah its football and that happens but I don't remember it ever happening this much in camp.

Are they training too much? According to Kietzman they are a bunch of pussies compared to the NFL. Every other team is practicing harder and longer. But consider the source of that opinion.

Maybe its because our Offense is getting older and starting to show their age? :hmmm:

Goapics1
08-08-2005, 12:17 PM
I know when he was with the Rams, the players were almost ready to revolt during his fourth year or so. Of course, they went on to win the Super Bowl that year.

Amnorix
08-08-2005, 12:54 PM
Belichick has been discussing in some recent press conferences the DRASTIC differences between camp back when he started int he league (1975) and now. Really amazing stuff.

Saulbadguy
08-08-2005, 12:58 PM
Naw. They were a 7-9 team, and much of it was due to a lack of excecution. Keep em working.

htismaqe
08-08-2005, 01:08 PM
Hell no.

Kevin Keitzman told me that the Chiefs are taking it way too easy at camp.

Mecca
08-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Of course Kietzman was ranting just a minute ago that the Chiefs need to move camp to KC if "they want to be a real contender".

htismaqe
08-08-2005, 01:15 PM
Of course Kietzman was ranting just a minute ago that the Chiefs need to move camp to KC if "they want to be a real contender".

Yep. And a downtown stadium will turn the Royals into a championship team. :rolleyes:

tiptap
08-08-2005, 01:23 PM
Belichick has been discussing in some recent press conferences the DRASTIC differences between camp back when he started int he league (1975) and now. Really amazing stuff.

It is my understanding that the NFL studied how far along in camp do injuries start showing up. Apparently after 7 days there is a spike in injuries. Probably do to being tired, bored with repitition, lack of focus, etc. There has been an attempt in this years camps to slow down or give breaks to try and forestall this. I suspect different camps are trying different permutations. At the end of camp the NFL will have some more data to see if any particular style is better at limiting injuries.

Chief Faithful
08-08-2005, 01:24 PM
No, the young guys need the work. I like how they are resting the veterans or limiting to one a day.

Amnorix
08-08-2005, 01:51 PM
It is my understanding that the NFL studied how far along in camp do injuries start showing up. Apparently after 7 days there is a spike in injuries. Probably do to being tired, bored with repitition, lack of focus, etc. There has been an attempt in this years camps to slow down or give breaks to try and forestall this. I suspect different camps are trying different permutations. At the end of camp the NFL will have some more data to see if any particular style is better at limiting injuries.

I have no doubt you're right about this type of analysis.

BB had some really interesting points. Once you stop asking him questions about THIS year's team, he usually has alot of insightful stuff to say. He's a serious football historian.

In '75, camp started in JUNE. They had 3 scrimmages and 6 pre-season games. Basically NINE games before the first REAL game, and 2-1/2 months of camp. It lasted forever. That, of course, was back when players would "play/work themselves into shape DURING camp". That's not necessary anymore.

stevieray
08-08-2005, 02:05 PM
They aren't practicing for three hours.

Mr. Laz
08-08-2005, 04:08 PM
no ...

seems to me they don't practice enough