PDA

View Full Version : anybody gonna purchase Madden tonight?

Dunit35
08-08-2005, 08:49 PM
anybody gonna buy madden at midnight tonight? Im gonna take the 45 minute drive to the nearest Wal-Mart and buy it, so I can just get off work tomorrow and play it.

Uatu
08-08-2005, 08:49 PM
I tried to do that last year and the wal-mart here didn't put it out until a couple days later. Might want to call them up and check first.

Dunit35
08-08-2005, 08:51 PM
yea called the nearest Wal-mart only a 30 minute drive, they werent gonna do it, but the 45 minute drive said they were gonna put it out at midnight. No way was I gonna drive out of town for it if I didnt know if they were gonna put it out or not.

tommykat
08-08-2005, 08:55 PM
What are you talking about?

ROYC75
08-08-2005, 08:57 PM
FWIW, III is planning on getting his tonight.......

Hammock Parties
08-08-2005, 08:57 PM
What are you talking about?

Madden = video game

Dunit35
08-08-2005, 08:58 PM
im gonna purchase madden 06 tonight at wal-mart.

mcan
08-08-2005, 08:59 PM
Anybody know what it's going to go for? If it's over $45.00, then I'm gonna have to wait for awhile...

tommykat
Madden = video game

OK, I figured that much............never played one of those games, just wondered what it is.

Dunit35

Dunit35
08-08-2005, 09:30 PM
that superstar mode looks pretty flipping sweet. but then again I really enjoy being KC in franchise mode.

Hammock Parties
08-08-2005, 09:37 PM
that superstar mode looks pretty flipping sweet. but then again I really enjoy being KC in franchise mode.

Hold out for a trade to the Chiefs. :D

Chiefs Pantalones
08-08-2005, 10:07 PM
I only play video games during Christmas break. That is the only time all year that I play video games. I don't know why.

DJay23
08-08-2005, 10:11 PM
jesus, where the hell do you live that it's 30 minutes to the nearest wal mart? You can't piss without hitting a wal mart here.

DJay23
08-08-2005, 10:14 PM
I only play video games during Christmas break. That is the only time all year that I play video games. I don't know why.
Because the Chiefs are out of the playoffs by then, so you're ruined from real football and the internet.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-08-2005, 10:15 PM
jesus, where the hell do you live that it's 30 minutes to the nearest wal mart? You can't piss without hitting a wal mart here.

ROFL I was thinking the same thing. That is far away.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-08-2005, 10:17 PM
Because the Chiefs are out of the playoffs by then, so you're ruined from real football and the internet.

Wow. Maybe that is it.

ZootedGranny
08-08-2005, 10:35 PM
Next gen footage (not my recording, so the quality is of a camcorder):
http://www.filefarmer.com/reaver18/MVI_0856.AVI

A Madden stadium modeler that posts at another board I go to says that the game looks better, and that they've got all 22 guys on the field with a 3d modeled crowd.

Hammock Parties
08-08-2005, 10:39 PM
3d modeled crowd... :rolleyes:

FIX THE GAMEPLAY, MORONS!

Reaper16
08-08-2005, 10:41 PM
The intrawebs are afire already with reports of a nasty glitch on '06. Apparantly, when the QB takes a sack, or throws a pick, the lost yardage or INT yardage is subtracted from that QB's passing yards.

Hopefully this is just bs.

ZootedGranny
08-08-2005, 10:51 PM
It's not true whatsoever.

The confusion started when Gamespot said that you lost passing yards after being sacked. The problem is, that's the NFL rule regarding team passing yards.

If Trent Green throws for 300 but gets sacked for a 10 yards loss, he'll keep his 300, but the team will be credited with 290 yards passing. It's just how the NFL keeps the stat.

kansas hawk
08-08-2005, 11:24 PM
that part of the review at gamespot has been taken out. there is no lost yardage bug never was.

was replaced with

"Unfortunately, Madden NFL 06 also has a few gameplay bugs and glitches on both sides of the ball that dampen the experience somewhat. Most of these are pretty minor things, such as draw plays where--every single time--your quarterback's vision will be focused straight ahead, as opposed to focusing in the direction of a particular receiver. This makes it blatantly obvious what you're doing, giving your opponents a great opportunity to come thundering after you. Finally, there are still some AI glitches here and there where running backs will get stuck behind offensive linemen, linemen will get stuck trying to block defenders, and so on. While no specific one of these bugs completely wrecks the game or anything, the combination of multiple issues like these makes Madden 06 seem sloppier than in recent years."

Nightfyre
08-08-2005, 11:29 PM
It would be great if they could fix it so that the CBs actually, well, you know, were half effective. I also hate it in 05 when I go to change to teh dlineman and dive, and the QB begins to throw and it changes me to the CB covering and dives with him instead...

royr17
08-09-2005, 12:57 AM
I did at 12:15 and i like it so far.

Nightfyre
08-09-2005, 01:05 AM
what are some specific gameplay differences?

CoMoChief
08-09-2005, 01:07 AM
Derrick Johnson is a beast in this game. I recently had 12 tackles, 5 sacks, 1 INT (for a TD), and a FF. This guy is simply the fastest LB in the game. This was all on All Madden level too.

Nightfyre
08-09-2005, 01:08 AM
I want to wait for the xbox 360 version. but I really want the updated roster. :hmmm:

kcjayhawks5
08-09-2005, 01:12 AM
i got it at 12:00 as well. the gameplay (on xbox) is really smooth. there are some new animations that are pretty cool. Ive been playing for an hour and still am struggling with the new control setting (but i guess and cna change it back if i want, the game gives u that choice) but its fun and an unexpected bonus for me i guess. I like the game alot and if there is any advice to give i guess i could say that when you first start out you will need to practice, practice, practice. It is hard to just jump into a game without playing it before (unless its just me, and i just suck).

I give the game a 9/10

Nightfyre
08-09-2005, 01:13 AM
do the corners cover any better in this game?

royr17
08-09-2005, 01:09 PM
who else picked up this game.

royr17
08-09-2005, 01:11 PM
I love it so far, gameplay is better then last years i do believe.

TRing
08-09-2005, 01:37 PM
Yeah i snagged it up last night and played for a couple of hours. Now i'm at work waiting to play it when i get off.

But the presentation is a little different (in a good way)

there are a couple of new animations..

blocking is better (pulling lineman actually work good)

and you can do so many different things with your defense it's crazy.

I've been playing this game since 95 so i am used to all the advanced things but if you are just starting then it will be very hard to pick up IMO

ct
08-09-2005, 01:56 PM
Who's on the cover?

Mecca
08-09-2005, 01:58 PM
McNabbs on the cover

ct
08-09-2005, 02:02 PM
McNabbs on the cover

Thank You, which helps explain the series of unfortunate incidents and personell problems in Philly camp this year.

I'm kidding, partly...

CoMoChief
08-09-2005, 02:07 PM
Johnson, Barber, Bell, Fox in a 3-4 defense is absolutely nasty. No one will be able to run on you, and the OLB have the ability to drop in coverage and break up passing plays.

Surtain is awesome, and can stay with Randy Moss on deep routes (lets hope he can in real life too!)

the Oline is awesome. No defense gets penetration against us. Parker is good, so is Thorpe. Bo isnt all that great, he drops passes alot.

The Precision passing technique isn't all that great I think. I like the playmaker feature a lot better. I dont need to know where my first option is because a lot of times I dont throw it to him. There's an option to take off the precision passing and after about a half of a game, I turned it off.

They have this offense hit stick called the "truck stick". Basically what it is, is a way to plow over defenders when they are coming at you to make the tackle. My friend and I were playing against eachother and I was on defense he was on offense. I hit sticked him while he truck sticked me and he both flew back. Kinda funny but one of those times where you just had to be there I guess.

Overall the game is pretty cool. Though I can not wait until the Xbox 360 version of it comes out. Though I hear the PS3 is gonna be4 better graphics wise than the Xbox 360.

RedDread
08-09-2005, 02:43 PM
I have uncovered a very nasty glitch in the Xbox version. It seems that about half my games do not end when the clock reaches 0:00. It allows whoever has the ball to run up to 3 more plays with no time remaining. I've just been playing exibition games until I get the hang of the precision passing system, but this could be disasterous when you're playing the game as part of a season.

How can a game be released with such a huge glitch with no one noticing?

Very dissapointing :shake:

royr17
08-09-2005, 03:28 PM
Im having some trouble against Oakland, im up on them 17-0 but i cant really complete any passes, i was burning walls and bailey left to right last night with Parker and Kennison.

HolmeZz
08-09-2005, 03:53 PM
Just got my copy. Gameplay's pretty much the same IMO, which isn't a bad thing. I'm a little indifferent on the passing cone. It's distracting and I can see the novelty of it getting old quickly.

Anyone notice the back of the case, with Moss going up and reeling in a pass over Surtain? :shake:

Bearcat
08-09-2005, 03:54 PM
I have uncovered a very nasty glitch in the Xbox version. It seems that about half my games do not end when the clock reaches 0:00. It allows whoever has the ball to run up to 3 more plays with no time remaining. I've just been playing exibition games until I get the hang of the precision passing system, but this could be disasterous when you're playing the game as part of a season.

Wow.

tk13
08-09-2005, 03:58 PM

Has anybody else had that problem?

ZootedGranny
08-09-2005, 04:11 PM
I've played probably 20 games and haven't ran into that.

The only confirmed glitch that I know of is a graphical glitch that comes from downloading the new roster from Xbox Live. For some reason, the logos on the field will be incorrect for some teams. I expect it to be fixed shortly, but considering Microsoft's stringent download policy on Xbox Live, I'm surprised something like that has happened.

joesomebody
08-09-2005, 07:16 PM
Picked it up after work at about 12:20am when it came out... Wal mart was slacking and I had to wait for them to break it out of a crate in the back.

I have played one exibition game and the first game of my franchise.

Defense is amazing at stopping the run, some trouble with stopping the passing game, but thats probably just because I'm not exactly spectacular at this game (I play on All-Pro instead of All-Madden.)

I like it quite a lot better than last year, though its VERY similar. I turned off the passing cone, there are enough buttons to worry about already.

They re-arranged the Chiefs default playbook, which takes some getting used to and the controller settings for defense are switched up, x is turbo now and o switches players (playstation 2.)

I like the truck stick for offense, T-Rich is like a bulldozer for 3rd and short with the truck stick, though if you use it too much or have poor timing, expect a large increase in fumbles. This was with Johnson, as Holmes had to sit out my first week due to some injury in my simulated pre-season.

Overall I like the game and its worth picking up over last years. Not a big fan of the new diving animation in the endzone... I liked the old one over this sumersault thing...

royr17
08-10-2005, 04:34 PM
Bad News, I played the Bengals in my 1st game of my 2nd season, simmed the first and went to the imported draft rosters and i lost CB Eric Warfield for 9 weeks, new rookie QB Kellen Clemons from oregon for 4 weeks, and new OLB Abdul Hodge for 3 weeks.

HolmeZz
08-10-2005, 04:40 PM
Bad news? It's a video game.

Dunit35
08-10-2005, 06:03 PM
before I started franchise I went to roster and changed Bell to ROLB, not sure what side he is on, Johnson to LOLB, and made mitchell the MLB, and picked up Fredex in free agency also. I noticed one problem, I was in red zone offense and Dunn ran a route to top corner and about the time I threw it he got caught up in a defender screwed up the play and it was picked off. felt like it was holding. played 4 games now and the Toss play rocks, Allen has 7 sacks now..broke the single game sack record for a team with 12 against Denver. Surtain ran an INT back in first 2 games, also (this sucks) I had Plummer for negative yards passing through 3 Quarters, and just ran 2 kickoffs back in a row with Hall and our power went out. Just shut down Moss and Owens with Surtain. overall this game rocks and will keep me in my dorm for awhile. (save me money)

bringbackmarty
08-10-2005, 07:21 PM
when does pc come out?

kcjayhawks5
Did you guys hear about that guy that died of exhaustion after playing computer games for 49 hours straight? I read the article today. ill try to find it again and post a link...

RedDread
don't bother, it was posted here earlier.

Thig Lyfe
08-10-2005, 07:29 PM
I hope to pick it up soon. Should be terrifico.