PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap - Tech N9ne in Madden '06

rageeumr
08-09-2005, 04:41 PM
I was just sitting here trying to figure out whether or not I like this new "Superstar Mode" in Madden '06 when I heard a very familiar voice. Sure enough, Tech N9ne has a song in the new Madden entitled "The Beast". Pretty decent song if you ask me (Maybe I just like that "K-C-M-O is with me" line). Last album I had seen released was Absolute Power. Another one out or on the way?

For those who don't know, Tech N9ne is probably the most recognized rapper from KC. I believe Ebola has him in his sig.

Taco John
08-09-2005, 04:50 PM
KC Mo... The town where the clowns get put down in their own home stadium... ;)

rageeumr
08-09-2005, 04:56 PM
KC Mo... The town where the clowns get put down in their own home stadium... ;)

Last couple in the ole home stadium haven't been too bad. Including this one (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20041219012) in case you forgot :p

Taco John
08-09-2005, 05:03 PM
You guys lost WAY too many at home last year, and you know it...

Valiant
08-09-2005, 05:08 PM
I was just sitting here trying to figure out whether or not I like this new "Superstar Mode" in Madden '06 when I heard a very familiar voice. Sure enough, Tech N9ne has a song in the new Madden entitled "The Beast". Pretty decent song if you ask me (Maybe I just like that "K-C-M-O is with me" line). Last album I had seen released was Absolute Power. Another one out or on the way?

For those who don't know, Tech N9ne is probably the most recognized rapper from KC. I believe Ebola has him in his sig.

He released a old school CD last week.. kInda like a garage Cd before he made it big...

rageeumr
08-09-2005, 05:12 PM
He released a old school CD last week.. kInda like a garage Cd before he made it big...

So this Beast song... old school or new?

Rain Man
08-09-2005, 05:19 PM
You guys lost WAY too many at home last year, and you know it...

I blame the clock operator. We didn't lose, we just ran out of time before...well, you know the rest.

rageeumr
08-09-2005, 06:52 PM
The Beast (http://www.juggalonews.com/site/Media/tech_n9ne_-_im_a_beast_juggalonewsdotcom.mp3)

Awesome, thanks. I used to follow Tech quite a bit. I've seen him at the Bluenote a couple of times and once at Spirit Fest. Ever since he had his very public fallout and moved to LA I haven't stayed up on what he was up to.

rageeumr
08-09-2005, 07:12 PM
Kickass avy, btw. This place needed another Miner.

Much appreciated. I'll probably trade it in for something a bit more amusing, but while I'm n00bing around, I figured it would be perfect. Knowing someone went to Rolla can tell you a lot about them right up front :)

rageeumr
08-09-2005, 07:18 PM
There's a handful of us on here. Me, Rain Man, patteau, Chieficus (if I'm remembering right)... I think there's one or two others that are slipping my mind at the moment.

Were you in a house? I was a Dot-to-Dot and a Board Rep.

Phi Kap. Graduated Dec '03. Didn't do IFC or St. Pat's, but did a lot with StuCo

rageeumr
08-09-2005, 07:24 PM
Heh... I was Stuco Exec-at-Large a couple of years. That was a pretty easy gig.

Really? When did you graduate?

rageeumr
08-09-2005, 07:30 PM
December 2000. I would've been Exec-at-Large for the 98/99 school year and 99/00. During Karl Schmit's second go round (IIRC), then Joe Schmidberger's presidency.

Just a touch before my time. I joined up in the Cody May term. Then there was this dude named Ziegelman. Then me :thumb:

rageeumr
08-09-2005, 07:32 PM
You were Stuco president? Dude, I have to bust your balls mercilessly now.

I hereby challenge you to come up with something that the guys in my house didn't throw at me the year I was in there.

Hammock Parties
08-09-2005, 07:41 PM
Yeah, Madden is always accompanied by really shitty music every year. Complete waste of time and money on EA's part.

Saulbadguy
08-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Yeah, Madden is always accompanied by really shitty music every year. Complete waste of time and money on EA's part.
NOT this year!

Check out my Madden thread in the games & contests forum. They put NFL Films music in this year!

Hammock Parties
08-09-2005, 07:47 PM
NOT this year!

Check out my Madden thread in the games & contests forum. They put NFL Films music in this year!

From what I have heard they put in remixed NFL Films music, with a beat and crap. That is truly horrendous if true.

If I want to listen to NFL Films music with Madden I will just point the game to my mp3 folder with my 10 CD Autumn Thunder collection.

Of course during the game they will still play their shitty music between plays. And I will turn it off.

Saulbadguy
08-09-2005, 07:48 PM
From what I have heard they put in remixed NFL Films music, with a beat and crap. That is truly horrendous if true.

If I want to listen to NFL Films music with Madden I will just point the game to my mp3 folder with my 10 CD Autumn Thunder collection.

Of course during the game they will still play their shitty music between plays. And I will turn it off.
They put remixed AND normal versions.

Hammock Parties
08-09-2005, 07:49 PM
They put remixed AND normal versions.

Well that is a welcome addition. But of course between plays they have the same old shitty music mostly, right?

Saulbadguy
08-09-2005, 07:50 PM
Well that is a welcome addition. But of course between plays they have the same old shitty music mostly, right?
Yea. I'd like to disable that, if possible...

dtebbe
08-09-2005, 08:21 PM

Tech N9ne is probably the only black rapper to rap about meth :)

DT

Saulbadguy
08-09-2005, 08:27 PM
I remember hearing a tech n9ne song and the guy said "..and i'm pissed cause the Chiefs lost!"

rageeumr
08-09-2005, 08:33 PM
Top a Phi Kap? Well, that oughta require about half a brain cell. Hang on... I feel a tickle in my nose. I might be a second away from sneezing out something more creative.

:) I was more referring to the fact that between the 70 or so of them, I think they came close to coming up with everything degrading to say about it.

Although a lot of the dudes that were there when you were around left a little to be desired in the brains category. :hmmm:

KC Kings
08-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Jellysickle (http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3N35NFJYTGD7U2D408UJXD8XNH)
Um, I am kind of white and usually ebonics is like Spanish to me, I can understand but just can't speak it.

What exactly is a jellysickle?

schneider221
08-09-2005, 11:29 PM
Awesome, thanks. I used to follow Tech quite a bit. I've seen him at the Bluenote a couple of times and once at Spirit Fest. Ever since he had his very public fallout and moved to LA I haven't stayed up on what he was up to.

Anyone wanna fill me in on his public fallout... i never heard anythign and was always a big fan of his music

Ebolapox
08-09-2005, 11:32 PM
...tech n9ne is the sh*t

-EB-