PDA

View Full Version : News. Warpaint illustrated. Cro Thorpe

Ninjaman
08-09-2005, 06:23 PM
Guy from Warpaint said on the radio that Crow has looked GREAT and that he could be a starter midway through the season.

Could a Sammie Parker , Cro Thorpe tandem happen this season ?

The guy also said that Lawrence Tynes is missing some routine kicks everyday and if it keeps happening then Vermeil will bring in another kicker.

ZootedGranny
08-09-2005, 06:25 PM
I'm not surprised Cro has looked good. I'm definitely rooting for him to make the squad.

Deberg_1990
08-09-2005, 06:28 PM
Tynes is a goner at some point this season. Probably after he costs us a game i would imagine. The guy proved last year he cant kick under pressure.

Taco John
08-09-2005, 06:29 PM
I hope Crap makes your roster... There's just too much potential for some really childish jokes not to root for the guy...

DTLB58
08-09-2005, 06:58 PM
These guys had a big scoop here. :shake:

From: http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/08/09/qa_with_dick_vermeil11/

Q: Are you thinking about bringing anybody else in to compete with Lawrence Tynes?

VERMEIL: “I don’t know. I get disappointed when I see him miss one every day. It worries me. We’ll see how he does in the preseason.”

tk13
08-09-2005, 07:03 PM
Tynes is a goner at some point this season. Probably after he costs us a game i would imagine. The guy proved last year he cant kick under pressure.
The guy was a rookie. Come on now. He nailed that game winning kick against the Raiders on Christmas day just fine...

shaneo69
08-09-2005, 07:11 PM

If there were any decent kickers looking for a job, I could see it. But when you get a young guy with a big leg and good potential, I don't want to see them get rid of him yet.

I can see it now. We'll bring in some retread like Doug Brien or Steve Christie in the middle of the season, and then we'll be drafting a kicker in the 3rd round again next April.

el borracho
08-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Get some perspective; Tynes is fine. He is a young kicker with a big leg who did reasonably well last year. Compare Tynes to the kicker in San Diego that everyone is/was so high on.

DaneMcCloud
08-09-2005, 07:20 PM
There is no doubt, whatsoever, that Cro Thorpe will make the team. It's just a matter of when he'll be elevated to the number 1 receiver spot. The guy has great size, great speed and would have been a first round draft choice if not for the injury. Plus, he's played in many big games.

Dane
~Looking forward to many years of Thorpe, Parker & LJ

Braincase
08-09-2005, 07:27 PM
I hope Crap makes your roster... There's just too much potential for some really childish jokes not to root for the guy...

HOLY CRAP!

Thorpe torches Champ Bailey for 3rd touchdown!

shaneo69
08-09-2005, 07:30 PM
There is no doubt, whatsoever, that Cro Thorpe will make the team. It's just a matter of when he'll be elevated to the number 1 receiver spot. The guy has great size, great speed and would have been a first round draft choice if not for the injury. Plus, he's played in many big games.

Dane

Dane, you must be boozin' with Cher tonight.

el borracho
08-09-2005, 07:33 PM
Maybe Larry "diapers" Johnson and Crap can combine on some kind of specialty play.

Reaper16
08-09-2005, 07:58 PM
Maybe Larry "diapers" Johnson and Crap can combine on some kind of specialty play.

Together, they'll be s**tting all over the Brownco's defense.

Chiefnj
08-09-2005, 08:04 PM
Did they say anything about the Chiefs being close to making an offer to Law?

beer bacon
08-09-2005, 08:15 PM
These guys had a big scoop here. :shake:

From: http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/08/09/qa_with_dick_vermeil11/

Q: Are you thinking about bringing anybody else in to compete with Lawrence Tynes?

VERMEIL: “I don’t know. I get disappointed when I see him miss one every day. It worries me. We’ll see how he does in the preseason.”

This normally wouldn't be something to note, but last night Tynes went 6 for 6 on FGs.

Coogs
08-09-2005, 08:46 PM

:thumb:

You betcha! With all the young talent on defense, when one window closes, another one opens!

Hammock Parties
08-09-2005, 10:03 PM

Yeah, because the game winning field goal he made against Oakland was totally not a pressure situation.

Tynes had one bad game last year. The rest was cream cheese.

chief52
08-09-2005, 10:07 PM
If there were any decent kickers looking for a job, I could see it. But when you get a young guy with a big leg and good potential, I don't want to see them get rid of him yet.

I can see it now. We'll bring in some retread like Doug Brien or Steve Christie in the middle of the season, and then we'll be drafting a kicker in the 3rd round again next April.

I totally agree. He has a leg...give him a real shot.

Deberg_1990
08-09-2005, 10:10 PM
Yeah, because the game winning field goal he made against Oakland was totally not a pressure situation.

Tynes had one bad game last year. The rest was cream cheese.

Your talking about the Christmas day game right?? hahaha....Thats hardley what i would call pressure when the season was already over. He F%cked up big time in that Jacksonville game. That was an abolute must win game and he blew it.

Hammock Parties
08-09-2005, 10:14 PM
Your talking about the Christmas day game right?? hahaha....Thats hardley what i would call pressure when the season was already over. He F%cked up big time in that Jacksonville game. That was an abolute must win game and he blew it.

Yes it was COMPLETELY his fault. Never mind the fact that even if he makes the field goal and extra point, we still lose due to the D.

Knee-jerk reactions about ONE GAME are going to end us up right where we started with our kicking game. Namely, looking for another god damn kicker. Or hey, maybe we could bring in another old fart.

Deberg_1990
08-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Yes it was COMPLETELY his fault. Never mind the fact that even if he makes the field goal and extra point, we still lose due to the D.

Knee-jerk reactions about ONE GAME are going to end us up right where we started with our kicking game. Namely, looking for another god damn kicker. Or hey, maybe we could bring in another old fart.

I agree, I think he deserves another chance certainly, but if I see another game like that then he needs to be gone. I guess i have too many bad memories of that 1995 kicker.

Logical
08-09-2005, 10:27 PM
Anybody but me find it funny all the names people are using to avoid the Crap in Craphonso's name. Just commenting.

ZootedGranny
08-10-2005, 03:28 AM
Anybody but me find it funny all the names people are using to avoid the Crap in Craphonso's name. Just commenting.

Cro has been his nickname for a while, at least as far back as when I watched him at Florida State. Then again, he's not going to go "Hey, my name's Crap, short for Craphonso."

MeaTy The Pimp
08-10-2005, 04:06 AM

...alright guys, its the Crappy diaper on three, Ready, break...

Bob Dole
08-10-2005, 05:36 AM
Then again, he's not going to go "Hey, my name's Crap, short for Craphonso."

Especially since it's pronounced Craf...

KCTitus
08-10-2005, 06:46 AM
Especially since it's pronounced Craf...

I thought it was pronounced 'Cruh'-Phonso...anyway, I call him crap phonso cause it's funny.