View Full Version : What I like best about KC's current crop of LB's...

donkhater
08-10-2005, 07:08 AM
...is that they are YOUNG!!! If they play up to the hype they've been given in Training camp, this could be a solid group for a long time.

Kendrell Bell--25
Derrick Johnson--22
Kawika Mitchell--25
Boomer Grigsby--23
Keyaron Fox--23
Rich Scanlon--24
Kris Griffin--24

Contrast that to the starters from the last couple of seasons:

Scott Fujita--26
Shawn Barber--30
Mike Mazslowski--29

Truly an influx of youth and explosion at the position

milkman
08-10-2005, 07:26 AM
Yeah, having a young corps of LBs with potential is pretty damn cool.

But what I like most is the speed.

Speed kills, baby!

Scaga
08-10-2005, 07:54 AM
This group will make the Tenn group look like PeeWee league players within a year...maybe two.

:clap:

Kylo Ren
08-10-2005, 08:20 AM
Yeah, having a young corps of LBs with potential is pretty damn cool.

But what I like most is the speed.

Speed kills, baby!

What's the best thing about the Chiefs LBs?

Great youth!!!..........NO!...Great speed!!

TEX
08-10-2005, 09:47 AM
I'm still willing to bet that Bell will miss a significant amount of games this season due to injury. The CHIEFs still haven't turned him lose yet. :hmmm:

BigMeatballDave
08-10-2005, 09:52 AM
I'm still willing to bet that Bell will miss a significant amount of games this season due to injury. The CHIEFs still haven't turned him lose yet. :hmmm:WTF? He has ONE season lost to injury, out of four. I don't see why people wanna call him injury prone. I'm not saying you are, but I hear it from some Steelers fans...

TEX
08-10-2005, 10:01 AM
WTF? He has ONE season lost to injury, out of four. I don't see why people wanna call him injury prone. I'm not saying you are, but I hear it from some Steelers fans...

It's the nature of his injury. It needs to be watched. It can easily be a reoccuring and it can lead to other injuries. Ask yourself why haven't the CHIEFS turned him lose yet?

Below is a quote from D.V. just the other day...

"Now, we really haven't seen Kendrell Bell," he added. "We hope he can move like we thought when we brought him here, but we haven't turned him loose yet (in full-speed contact and blitzing situations). We're not confident, and he's not confident yet, that he can really go."

:hmmm: