PDA

View Full Version : 37 Forever Cook Off Contest - Last call or we'll eat McDonalds.

ptlyon
08-10-2005, 07:47 AM
A cook-off will take place Saturday, October 15th as part of the 37 Forever Weekend, 2005. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=120095) This will take place in St. Joe, Missouri at Nzoner 338's place.

We are looking for cook off participants. Please PM mlyonsd (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/private.php?do=newpm&u=68) or ptlyon (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/private.php?do=newpm&u=370) to enter your name as a candidate for the cook off. The following are current guidelines, but are subject to change:

* We are currently seeking candidates from those that are planning to attend the event that are willing to cook for 10 around people. Since the food being cooked will be served as entrees to the evening meal it might be necessary to select contestants from a lottery system.

* The meat to be judged will be provided by 37 Forever. However, contestants will be able to choose what type of entrée they will be cooking.

* All the meat, side dishes, napkins, plates, utensils for eating will be provided by 37 Forever.

* Contestants will be responsible for their own grill/smoker/charcoal/wood/spices/sauce/etc. and their own cooking utensils.

* Cooking method does not matter but there are limited electric hook-ups at Nzoner's for electric smokers/etc..

* No one will be allowed to use Nzoner’s kitchen in their cooking process.

* There will be only one category of judging, Best of Show.

* All entries will be judged by a group of volunteers. Currently we are thinking about offering the top 3 winning entries prizes, although the prizes have not been determined yet.

* Judges will be selected in the coming weeks. If you would like to volunteer to be a judge, PM mlyonsd (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/private.php?do=newpm&u=68) or ptlyon (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/private.php?do=newpm&u=370).

* Meat for marinating/spicing will be available prior to the Saturday event. We will coordinate with Nzoner 338 for a pickup time and place and entrants will be notified.

* All entries for the cook off and the judging need to be entered to mlyonsd (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/private.php?do=newpm&u=68) or ptlyon (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/private.php?do=newpm&u=370) by September 15th, 2005.

* These are just current guidelines and could possibly change. In the event of any changes, this thread will be updated appropriately.

Clairifications

* Meat can be pre-cooked, marinated, etc.. Arrangements for picking up the meat will have to be coordinated through Nzoner 338 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/private.php?do=newpm&u=3412).

* Contingent upon 10 entries - Nzoner has offered up $100 for the winner, and other prizes for second and third place. Also offered is a trophy for winning the event.

Phobia
08-10-2005, 08:18 AM
I'm in. I'll cook some lunch and some dinner. This is gonna be a blast, IMO.

mlyonsd
08-10-2005, 08:25 AM

I've never had 'possum before. How long do you smoke it? Or aren't you giving out any secrets yet?

Phobia
08-10-2005, 08:27 AM
Really, it depends on how long the 'possum has already been cooking on the asphalt. There is no perfect time.

ROYC75
08-10-2005, 08:43 AM
WOW, here's a step backward to my diet this weekend.... :shake:

ptlyon
08-10-2005, 08:44 AM
I've never had 'possum before. How long do you smoke it? Or aren't you giving out any secrets yet?

This coming from a guy who stopped his car to pick up a badger?

mlyonsd
08-10-2005, 09:49 AM
This coming from a guy who stopped his car to pick up a badger?

You'd have liked it. Not only did it taste better then your ribs but definitely was as tough. In a blind taste test nobody would know the difference between them.

ptlyon
08-10-2005, 09:56 AM
Figures anything you cook is tough...

Goapics1
08-10-2005, 12:11 PM
Not only did it taste better then your ribs but definitely was as tough.

I'm sure it is not as tough as the fat chick Endelt went down on the other evening. j/k

ptlyon
08-10-2005, 01:18 PM
I don't really care about judging, but I want to eat everybody's ____.

The Match Game lives on!

Skip Towne
08-10-2005, 03:02 PM
I'll be cooking armadillo. Have they migrated that far north where I can find some along the road? If not, I can bring some.

mlyonsd
08-10-2005, 06:44 PM
I'll be cooking armadillo. Have they migrated that far north where I can find some along the road? If not, I can bring some.

Seeing as you're from Rogers armadillo is one step up from skunk. We're all greatful.

Nzoner
08-10-2005, 07:02 PM

Nzoner's meat order

A. 20 lbs. of ground chuck for Phildo :D

Skip Towne
08-10-2005, 08:06 PM
Seeing as you're from Rogers armadillo is one step up from skunk. We're all greatful.
Actually, I'm finding armadillo in northern Oklahoma. They aren't like a skunk. They look like an armored possum and are just as tasty.

Dartgod
08-10-2005, 09:05 PM
Does the food have to be cooked on site? Or can it be pre-cooked/smoked?

And if it has to be cooked on site, can it be prepared (marinated, rubbed, etc.) beforehand? I like to put the rub on the night before and let it abosorb the flavor.

I could probably do a few slabs of ribs anyway.

Phobia
08-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Does the food have to be cooked on site? Or can it be pre-cooked/smoked?

And if it has to be cooked on site, can it be prepared (marinated, rubbed, etc.) beforehand? I like to put the rub on the night before and let it abosorb the flavor.

I could probably do a few slabs of ribs anyway.

It can be prepped anywhere. In fact, we've discussed how to arrange meat pickup since it will be purchased from St. Joe vendors.

I think the cooking is all done onsite, but I'm really only a "contestant" in this thing. The Lyons are in charge. I'm sure that if there's a compelling reason why your meat need to be prepared elsewhere they'll consider it. We're not gonna be sticklers about this. It's entirely for fun and good eatin.

Nzoner
08-10-2005, 09:24 PM
I think the cooking is all done onsite, but I'm really only a "contestant" in this thing.

I already put part of your order down in an above post as I'm assuming your making some burgers,please. :grovel:

Dartgod
08-10-2005, 09:26 PM
It can be prepped anywhere. In fact, we've discussed how to arrange meat pickup since it will be purchased from St. Joe vendors.

I think the cooking is all done onsite, but I'm really only a "contestant" in this thing. The Lyons are in charge. I'm sure that if there's a compelling reason why your meat need to be prepared elsewhere they'll consider it. We're not gonna be sticklers about this. It's entirely for fun and good eatin.
If I do ribs, then it's really not a problem. A pork butt takes considerably longer though, so that's why i was asking.

Phobia
08-10-2005, 09:27 PM
I already put part of your order down in an above post as I'm assuming your making some burgers,please. :grovel:

Sure - I'll make a batch. In fact, I recently did some. There might be one left in the fridge when you come Friday. I had 2 tonight.

Phobia
08-10-2005, 09:28 PM
If I do ribs, then it's really not a problem. A pork butt takes considerably longer though, so that's why i was asking.

I thought some contestants might wanna take the party from the banquet to St. Joseph and camp out/cook all night. That has potential for some craziness. But, I probably won't do anything that takes that long.... But if somebody does I'll come out and keep 'em company.

Dartgod
08-10-2005, 09:30 PM
I thought some contestants might wanna take the party from the banquet to St. Joseph and camp out/cook all night. That has potential for some craziness. But, I probably won't do anything that takes that long.... But if somebody does I'll come out and keep 'em company.
I'll talk to the wife. We might bring the camper out. I'll still probably do ribs though. Preferably baby backs.

Nzoner
08-10-2005, 09:32 PM

Speaking of camping I'm going to copy and paste a set of what all we have and expect on the 37 Forever Tickets thread.If possible we need to keep it in sight for all coming.

Phobia
08-10-2005, 09:35 PM
Speaking of camping I'm going to copy and paste a set of what all we have and expect on the 37 Forever Tickets thread.If possible we need to keep it in sight for all coming.

I hope streaking hasn't been banned this year.

Dartgod
08-10-2005, 09:36 PM
I hope streaking hasn't been banned this year.
I hope it has.

Nzoner
08-10-2005, 09:41 PM
I hope it has.

As does mrs Nzoner

mlyonsd
08-11-2005, 08:06 AM

Pipe down Phobia, we're running this show not you. :p

We understand that some might have grills/smokers that wouldn't transport well. With this in mind we're not against people cooking offsite.

This means we'll have to make arrangements with Nzoner for a time when meat can be picked up for those that have special requirments like overnight marinating, super long cooking time, etc.

So I'd say if you're flexible and can be available whenever it works for Nzoner to have the meat ready for pickup feel free to cook offsite.

Phobia
08-11-2005, 08:48 PM
Pipe down Phobia, we're running this show not you. :p

TY. I'll STFU up now and let you guys do your thing. I hate micro-managers.

KC Dan
08-11-2005, 08:55 PM
I hope it has.
Bob, If you guys take the camper out there, do you got a sleeping bag? Cause I will crash there as well. Already made my trip reservations

Phobia
08-11-2005, 08:58 PM
WTH are you gonna need a sleeping bag for? Damn, Dan.... By the time it's time for you West coaters to go to sleep, the fish are biting.... Have you ever eaten fresh smoked blue gill?

KC Dan
08-11-2005, 09:00 PM
WTH are you gonna need a sleeping bag for? Damn, Dan.... By the time it's time for you West coaters to go to sleep, the fish are biting.... Have you ever eaten fresh smoked blue gill?
You know what, I just repped you for being on fire & now you turn it on me! WTF!!!! Hehehe, I'll cover up with leaves if I need to.

KC Dan
08-11-2005, 09:01 PM
Have you ever eaten fresh smoked blue gill?
And, no

Phobia
08-11-2005, 09:02 PM
Was that an answer to my question?

Don't cover up with leaves lying near a tree. Just a little bit of wisdom from a country boy....

Phobia
08-11-2005, 09:02 PM
And, no

Oh - well, you're gonna enjoy breakfast Oct 15th.

KC Dan
08-11-2005, 09:03 PM
Looking forward to it

Dartgod
08-11-2005, 09:12 PM
Bob, If you guys take the camper out there, do you got a sleeping bag? Cause I will crash there as well. Already made my trip reservations
For a nominal fee. :D

Phobia
08-11-2005, 09:15 PM
For a nominal fee. :DDoes Soph know about your "nominal fees"? Because I had a hell of a time getting your asparagus aroma out of my hair the last time.....

Sweetie

stevieray
08-11-2005, 09:17 PM
Does Soph know about your "nominal fees"? Because I had a hell of a time getting your asparagus aroma out of my hair the last time.

tonight on ...Sex in the Camper

Nzoner
08-11-2005, 11:51 PM
For a nominal fee. :D

Speaking of nominal fees :D

Seriously,this is sounding great,I may have actually have some help this year for the beer run etc. on Saturday morning.

mlyonsd
08-12-2005, 07:00 AM
Come on people....we need some volunteers to cook!

Don't make me drag my smoker down there and kick everyone's arse.

StcChief
08-12-2005, 07:15 AM
Actually, I'm finding armadillo in northern Oklahoma. They aren't like a skunk. They look like an armored possum and are just as tasty. They are in southern Missouri up on 44 towords Lake of Ozarks.

Rausch
08-15-2005, 03:24 AM
tonight on ...Sex in the Camper

FTR, If'n you ever have me over for an event and figure "Raush is alseep, he won't hear our smacking organs"

...well, you're wrong. Rausch really don't sleep...

Rausch
08-15-2005, 03:25 AM
Seriously,this is sounding great,I may have actually have some help this year for the beer run etc. on Saturday morning.

Say no more - I'm yer' man! :)

Phobia
08-15-2005, 09:55 AM
We have dozens of smokers on this board. I figured this would be a real hit. I'm not gonna beg and I'm not gonna twist arms. Is there something we can do in order to make this cookoff more enticing? Is the Best of Show prize important to you?

Phobia
08-15-2005, 10:01 AM
The 37 Forever tickets may be purchased in the Planet Store section of the site. I don't want too many "stuck" 37 Forever threads over the next couple months.

ptlyon
08-15-2005, 10:03 AM
Is there something we can do in order to make this cookoff more enticing?

I offered up a suggestion when we were talking about it earlier.

:D

ptlyon
08-15-2005, 10:06 AM
We have dozens of smokers on this board. I figured this would be a real hit. I'm not gonna beg and I'm not gonna twist arms. Is there something we can do in order to make this cookoff more enticing? Is the Best of Show prize important to you?

That's right Phob! Where's the spirit? Where's the support?

How many tix have we sold to this Saturday event so far?

And we've only had 2 offers for cookers and 1 judge! We have to have more than that folks in order to make this fly!

Now C'mon!!! Let's get some volunteers here!!!

Bowser
08-15-2005, 10:09 AM
No kidding! I'm ready to sample the foods all these braggars stick their chests out about!

ptlyon
08-15-2005, 10:12 AM
It's gotten SO bad that my bro is considering taking his smoker down there.

Now nobody wants THAT to happen, do they?

Oh the humanity...

mlyonsd
08-15-2005, 10:18 AM

Yea, I suspected all those food threads were just fronts by people that really don't know what they're doing. It really would be sad if someone from South Dakota was forced into coming down there and cooking ribs and kicked all your Kansas Cityian's arses.

mlyonsd
08-15-2005, 10:19 AM
It's gotten SO bad that my bro is considering taking his smoker down there.

Now nobody wants THAT to happen, do they?

Oh the humanity...

We'd have to have a dentist standing by if you cooked.

mlyonsd
08-15-2005, 10:30 AM

I'd offer up my brother to be the winner's beer slave during the tailgate and game on Sunday.

Dartgod
08-15-2005, 11:18 AM
And we've only had 2 offers for cookers and 1 judge! We have to have more than that folks in order to make this fly!

Now C'mon!!! Let's get some volunteers here!!!
Cool. I'm going to so enjoy kicking Phil's ass in this. At the very least, I'm guaranteed a top-two finish.

BigRedChief
08-17-2005, 01:09 PM
Have you seen the pictures of me on the website? I'm much better at eating than cooking.

Nzoner
08-23-2005, 12:37 PM
Ok I'm upping the ante here.

As long as we can get 10 participants I will be donating $100 cash to the overall winner and Chiefs prizes to 2nd and 3rd place.

ptlyon
08-23-2005, 01:47 PM
Ok I'm upping the ante here.

As long as we can get 10 participants I will be donating $100 cash to the overall winner and Chiefs prizes to 2nd and 3rd place.

That is awful nice of you Joe!

We were in the process of trying to determine prizes, although with the lack of interest we have been receiving (2 contestants and 2 judges volunteered so far), we haven't been doing much yet.

We are considering a winning trophy for sure, the other 2 prizes we hadn't come up with yet.

So if Joe's kindness might sway you in participating, get your names to me or mlyonsd A.S.A.P. please!

morphius
08-23-2005, 01:50 PM

We were in the process of trying to determine prizes, although with the lack of interest we have been receiving (2 contestants and 2 judges volunteered so far), we haven't been doing much yet.

We are considering a winning trophy for sure, the other 2 prizes we hadn't come up with yet.

So if Joe's kindness might sway you in participating, get your names to me or mlyonsd A.S.A.P. please!
I have a hard time imagining there being an issue getting judges just by asking some people at the event.

mlyonsd
08-23-2005, 01:52 PM

I would think bragging rights of being the Cook-off King on the Planet would be reason enough to take a shot at it.

Imagine some of the posts you could come up with.

Nzoner
08-23-2005, 01:54 PM
I have a hard time imagining there being an issue getting judges just by asking some people at the event.

By the time the judging takes place though there could be an issue of finding sober judges.

ptlyon
08-23-2005, 01:59 PM

You are correct morph. Getting judges is really not the issue at this time. What we need here are actual cooking contestants. Right now we are figuring 1 contestant cooking for about 10 people. They had over 100 last year so we figure we need at least 10 contestants.

If we do not get the contest participation, we will have to investigate other avenues for the food for the Saturday event. For instance, having the event catered.

Phil thought this cook off up, thinking we would have a better turn out than what we currently have being there are so many threads about smoking and BBQ on this board. Also to add for the "fun" atmosphere.

So please, if you are even moderately interested, please get involved! Let's make this thing happen!!!

Dartgod
08-23-2005, 01:59 PM
I would think bragging rights of being the Cook-off King on the Planet would be reason enough to take a shot at it.

Imagine some of the posts you could come up with.
Really!

"Dartgod - Best Meat on the Planet!"

Or if Phil were to win...

"Phobia - Best Meat Smoker on the Planet (NTTIAWWT)!"

ptlyon
08-24-2005, 12:39 PM
Update

On top of Joe's donation for the cook off winner we are looking into getting a first place trophy. It will be about 2 feet tall two poster type, inscribed with name and the day of the event.

We are still at 2 volunteers! Where's the rest of ya?!?

Bob Dole
08-24-2005, 06:22 PM
By the time the judging takes place though there could be an issue of finding sober judges.

Sobriety is a requirement?

Next you'll be telling us that bribes aren't allowed.

Fascist!

Nzoner
08-24-2005, 08:40 PM
Sobriety is a requirement?

Next you'll be telling us that bribes aren't allowed.

Fascist!

I was so drunk the other night I would've given a Big Mac a blue ribbon.

BigRedChief
08-25-2005, 01:29 PM
I volunteered earlier to be a judge. But my grillmaster skills are just average so I must decline to enter the competition.

morphius
08-25-2005, 01:45 PM
I volunteered earlier to be a judge. But my grillmaster skills are just average so I must decline to enter the competition.
How do you know how good the others are, they could be all talk. I mean, have you ever met Phobia? Come on!

BigRedChief
08-25-2005, 02:04 PM
How do you know how good the others are, they could be all talk. I mean, have you ever met Phobia? Come on!

I have sampled some of Phil's pork. Damn fine eating!:clap:

Bowser
08-25-2005, 02:06 PM
So is this going to be Phil vs. the Lyon brothers? Or is htismaqe and Bwana going to make an appearance?

ptlyon
08-25-2005, 02:08 PM
So is this going to be Phil vs. the Lyon brothers? Or is htismaqe and Bwana going to make an appearance?

We are not participating as we are the coordinators. Conflict of interest.

Here is who we have so far as contestants:

Dartgod
Phobia

C'mon guys! We need at least 8 more!

morphius
08-25-2005, 02:12 PM

Dartgod
Phobia

I don't think there would be any conflict of interest if you could pick out someone else to do the scoring.

But hey, thats just me.

Bowser
08-25-2005, 02:12 PM

Dartgod
Phobia

I'd join in, but I **** up toast.

ptlyon
08-25-2005, 02:14 PM
I don't think there would be any conflict of interest if you could pick out someone else to do the scoring.

But hey, thats just me.

You certainly have a lot of opinions although you are not participating.

;)

ptlyon
08-25-2005, 02:15 PM
I'd join in, but I **** up toast.

That's what they all say... :)

morphius
08-25-2005, 02:16 PM
You certainly have a lot of opinions although you are not participating.

;)
Yeah, but I KNOW I suck and don't even own a smoker.

ptlyon
08-25-2005, 02:18 PM
Yeah, but I KNOW I suck and don't even own a smoker.

It's a cook off - not necessarily a smoke off.

Can you grill?

morphius
08-25-2005, 02:31 PM
It's a cook off - not necessarily a smoke off.

Can you grill?
Nope. It's truly sad.

ptlyon
08-25-2005, 02:34 PM
Nope. It's truly sad.

Bake?

:)

mlyonsd
08-25-2005, 02:35 PM

Dartgod
Phobia

If I have to I'll jump in....I don't see a conflict if I'm not a judge.

mlyonsd
08-25-2005, 02:36 PM

Course now that my hats in the ring I probably scared everybody else away.....where's the delete button?

ptlyon
08-25-2005, 02:38 PM

Please... I don't think that Phob wants people sick and Nzoner wants people at his house with disentary...

Phobia
08-25-2005, 02:41 PM
I think you should all jump in. It isn't like you'll be personally handing your grub to the judges. I plan to hire a stripper to hand my masterpiece over....

mlyonsd
08-25-2005, 02:41 PM
Please... I don't think that Phob wants people sick and Nzoner wants people at his house with disentary...

I heard Nzoner has a big yard with plenty of room for them to all puke if you cooked.

Bowser
08-25-2005, 02:43 PM
I think you should all jump in. It isn't like you'll be personally handing your grub to the judges. I plan to hire a stripper to hand my masterpiece over....

I think we should eat the BBQ off the stripper like the Asians do with sushi off their strippers.......

mlyonsd
08-25-2005, 02:49 PM

Must suck having to rely on gimics to try and win. Sounds like a confidence problem.

I'll counter by hiring my brother to strip and hand mine out. That might even it up.

Phobia
08-25-2005, 02:50 PM
I've already hired him. Which stripper did you think I was talking about?

Bowser
08-25-2005, 02:52 PM

Never mind.

:Lin:

mlyonsd
08-25-2005, 02:53 PM

I should have known....he'll do just about anything for money.

BigRedChief
08-25-2005, 02:54 PM
Though not official yet......If I was selected as a judge I would defintely think the BBQ was better when handed to me by woman with big boobies especially naked big boobies. But thats just me.

morphius
08-25-2005, 02:54 PM
Bake?

:)
I baked some chocolate chip cookie bars about 6 1/2 years ago...

Yup, I just hate cooking.

mlyonsd
08-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Though not official yet......If I was selected as a judge I would defintely think the BBQ was better when handed to me by woman with big boobies especially naked big boobies. But thats just me.

Well, my brother has half of it covered.

morphius
08-25-2005, 03:03 PM
I think the line you were looking for was, "My brother is a pussy and has some big titties, close enough for ya?".

Morphius
All about the helping.

Nzoner
08-25-2005, 04:05 PM
I'd like to ask Bob(he smoked the ribs for us last year)if he'd enter this but it'd be a damn shame when he kicks all these braggarts asses. :)

Bowser
08-25-2005, 04:13 PM
I'd like to ask Bob(he smoked the ribs for us last year)if he'd enter this but it'd be a damn shame when he kicks all these braggarts asses. :)

Bob's food would be damned hard to beat....

cmh6476
08-28-2005, 03:26 PM
Hey, I'll be a freakin judge! :thumb:

Nzoner
08-28-2005, 06:46 PM
Hey, I'll be a freakin judge! :thumb:

Seeing that you're from St. Joe I really hope you'll try and support it this year,in fact if you come,I gurantee there will be some local folks here who you know.

chiefs4me
08-28-2005, 06:55 PM

hmmmm, sounds like you are all set.:p

Saulbadguy
08-28-2005, 07:08 PM
I'd like to participate, but I don't know anything about smoking, or grilling, or anything. I don't even own a smoker.

cmh6476
08-28-2005, 08:21 PM
Seeing that you're from St. Joe I really hope you'll try and support it this year,in fact if you come,I gurantee there will be some local folks here who you know.
yeah, I was thinkin I might try this year. Too early to commit just yet, but I'll try and get there. How much we chippin per person?

Nzoner
08-28-2005, 08:43 PM
yeah, I was thinkin I might try this year. Too early to commit just yet, but I'll try and get there. How much we chippin per person?

All the info is here (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=120095)

Phobia
08-31-2005, 10:05 PM
Last call for volunteers or we're scrapping the cookoff idea.

ptlyon
09-01-2005, 06:59 AM
Last call for volunteers or we're scrapping the cookoff idea.

Yeah - C'mon guys! Right now we have Phobia, Dartgod, and Katie signed up as contestants. Mlyonsd said he would join as well if we needed more contestants just to make this fly.

How come the lack of support? Katie is flying in for these events and has thrown down her gauntlet - where's the locals upping the antie?

Please - let's make this thing happen!!!

ptlyon
09-01-2005, 07:33 AM
37 Forever Cook Off Contest - Last call or we'll eat McDonalds.

ROFL - just noticed that.

C'mon folks anite up!

chief husker
09-01-2005, 07:42 AM
Pat - I'm trying to talk Mrs. husker into coming in Saturday. I make a chili with steak that is killer.

ptlyon
09-01-2005, 07:44 AM
Pat - I'm trying to talk Mrs. husker into coming in Saturday. I make a chili with steak that is killer.

She don't want to come to the festivities on Saturday? What's her problem? :)

ptlyon
09-01-2005, 07:48 AM

Also - you not going to the banquet this year?

Skip Towne
09-02-2005, 07:23 AM
McDonalds? Are you threatening us?

ptlyon
09-02-2005, 08:50 AM

He's freakin serious.

If we don't get some contestants lined up soon the cookoff will be cancelled.

The cookoff only, not the 37F event itself, but the cookoff portion.

Too bad out of all of the people attending, most of them won't step up to the plate. Well, they are going to stand up to the plate, just the dinner plate.

Phobia
09-02-2005, 04:13 PM

That's a joke. We'll still have good food, but it's not gonna be a cookoff format which I was really looking forward to.

Saulbadguy
09-02-2005, 04:15 PM
How many more people do we need?

I'll cook something if you need one more person. I'm not that great, but I should be able to whip up something. I feel bad about it being canceled if not enough people participate.

Phobia
09-02-2005, 04:21 PM

I'll cook something if you need one more person. I'm not that great, but I should be able to whip up something. I feel bad about it being canceled if not enough people participate.

No worries, man. I don't think we want to enter competitors for the sake of having competitors. It's supposed to be a fun, competitive time. If we don't have the cookers for that, we can't force it. No big deal.

I'll still cook some really good stuff and that's what's important anyway.

Nzoner
09-02-2005, 04:34 PM

Appreciate the offer but it's all good,I've got some local clients that do smoking so the food will be no problem.

Saulbadguy
09-02-2005, 04:35 PM
Cool.

Ptylon..any word on the judges? :D

ptlyon
09-06-2005, 06:45 AM
Cool.

Ptylon..any word on the judges? :D

You're in if we still have the cook off - even if we don't have the cook off, I'm sure you'll be fat and happy... :)

Last call?