PDA

View Full Version : Alright, Hoover needs help with Ribs

Hoover
08-11-2005, 09:13 AM
Here is the deal. I do not yet own a smoker, or a charcol (sp?) grill. So I need some help. I would like to make Ribs for tomorrow nights game.

Here is what I was thinking of doing

Take the ribs and apply a dry rub.

Then take them to the Gas Grill and sear them on both sides.

Then move them to a pan and letr them cook in the oven for another 4 hours on a low temp.

Thoughts?

I know, but an effin smoker or a real grill Hoover....

Help!

Saulbadguy
08-11-2005, 09:15 AM
I heard some people boil em before putting them in the oven.

ptlyon
08-11-2005, 09:16 AM
I cook mine on the grill all the time. Usually takes about an hour and 15 minutes. Keep it as low as possible basting them and turning them.

Another possibility is after you have them seared and basted, put them in tin foil to keep from burning them. This will also keep them moist.

Huh huh. I said moist.

Hoover
08-11-2005, 09:30 AM
Good Idea on the foil.

ahhhhhh ribs

sd4chiefs
08-11-2005, 09:33 AM
If you cook them in the oven put them into roasting bag.

Chiefnj
08-11-2005, 09:33 AM
You'll want to seal the ribs in foil. Make a little rib sarcophogus and add 2 tbspns of water and seal them up to keep the moisture in and keep the ribs from drying out.

kchero
08-11-2005, 09:36 AM
I tend to boil mine before throwing them on the grill with my rib rub. They boiling reduces the time significantly of your ribs being on the grill and it keeps them very moist and less likely to burn.

jspchief
08-11-2005, 10:58 AM
Wrap in foil with a bit of orange juice. Cook on low, indirect heat. Once mostly cooked, remove and cook over fire to brown the outside.

Goapics1
08-11-2005, 11:04 AM
Here is the deal. I do not yet own a smoker, or a charcol (sp?) grill. So I need some help. I would like to make Ribs for tomorrow nights game.

Here is what I was thinking of doing

Take the ribs and apply a dry rub.

Then take them to the Gas Grill and sear them on both sides.

Then move them to a pan and letr them cook in the oven for another 4 hours on a low temp.

Thoughts?

I know, but an effin smoker or a real grill Hoover....

Help!
Soak them in cider.

ptlyon
08-11-2005, 11:24 AM
Soak them in cider.

That's what I do when I cut my finger.