PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Advice

KevB
08-12-2005, 10:55 AM
I was offered a deal that is really intriguing. We are allowed to "IR" two players every season, and the next year you get them as your 17th and 18th round picks. I had a guy offer me Terrell Owens and Julius Jones (who is an IR guy) for Randy Moss. I'd have JJ and McGahee as my 17th and 18th round picks this year, with TO and Curtis Martin as my keepers.

We start 2 backs and 4 WR's, so WRs are pretty valuable. My first two picks would likely be another WR (someone like a Michael Clayton or Steve Smith) and one of the rookie RBs (I prefer Cadillac to throw on my IR).

Is Owens + Julius worth the risk in exchange for Moss?

Hydrae
08-12-2005, 11:12 AM
If Owens plays, this is great for you. I am expecting a huge year for JJ. You would be set at RB with this trade and can concentrate on WR the first couple of rounds of your draft since the league is so WR heavy.

Bottom line, I would go for it.

KevB
08-12-2005, 12:00 PM
If Owens plays, this is great for you. I am expecting a huge year for JJ. You would be set at RB with this trade and can concentrate on WR the first couple of rounds of your draft since the league is so WR heavy.

Bottom line, I would go for it.

Thanks, that's good feedback. I didn't think I'd have any interest in trading for Owens and his headaches, but this may be too good to pass up.

DTLB58
08-12-2005, 01:44 PM
I would do it. I think Owens will play this year and I am also in the JJ camp this year. You betcha :thumb:

Nightfyre
08-12-2005, 01:55 PM
Im thinking about trading McAllister and Hasselback for Green and Holmes, whaddya'll think, assuming I would also have to make a move for Johnson?

Mile High Mania
08-12-2005, 02:05 PM
I would cringe on any trade involving receiving Owens... yes, should he play... you're set up well.

But, if he doesn't... I dunno.

KevB
08-12-2005, 02:10 PM
I would cringe on any trade involving receiving Owens... yes, should he play... you're set up well.

But, if he doesn't... I dunno.

Worst case....TO doesn't play. It still doesn't look that bad. I get JJ as a 17th pick (thus earning another round earlier pick) while losing Moss. I'd be pissed that TO wasn't playing, but the trade still wouldn't be horrible.

I just find it very hard to believe that someone that craves attention like TO would actually sit out a full season. And I find it nearly as hard to believe that a team like Philly, built to win now, would be content going into the season with Greg Lewis and Reggie Brown as the starting WRs for their franchise QB.

Mile High Mania
08-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Worst case....TO doesn't play. It still doesn't look that bad. I get JJ as a 17th pick (thus earning another round earlier pick) while losing Moss. I'd be pissed that TO wasn't playing, but the trade still wouldn't be horrible.

I just find it very hard to believe that someone that craves attention like TO would actually sit out a full season. And I find it nearly as hard to believe that a team like Philly, built to win now, would be content going into the season with Greg Lewis and Reggie Brown as the starting WRs for their franchise QB.

Very true. TO is burning bridges like crazy, but that's not to say they can't overcome it for a year.

KevB
08-12-2005, 02:25 PM
Very true. TO is burning bridges like crazy, but that's not to say they can't overcome it for a year.

No doubt the guy is completely nuts, but if he does finally get on the field, he will put up numbers. Even with everything swirling around, he plays very hard. I'm more torn on this trade than any I can ever think of. Hard to get rid of Moss, but to have JJ and McGahee to build around now and into the future is awfully tempting.

KevB
08-13-2005, 01:08 PM
Anyone else have thoughts about this potential trade?

Hydrae
08-13-2005, 01:21 PM
Im thinking about trading McAllister and Hasselback for Green and Holmes, whaddya'll think, assuming I would also have to make a move for Johnson?

You might get decent value with that pick but I wouldn't do it for one simple reason. That would put you too far into the Chiefs. Although I think Holmes is better than McAllister (look for him to have a pretty decent year though, they want to emphasis the run in NO this year is what I read) and Green is slightly better than Hasselback it just ties you completely into one team. This means that on the bye week, you can rack up a loss.

Bottom line, puts your eggs into one basket, I would not do this trade.