PDA

View Full Version : Out TEs Stink

Pitt Gorilla
08-12-2005, 07:54 PM
Gonzo et al are not playing like top-notch TEs.

the Talking Can
08-12-2005, 07:54 PM
um, yeah...

Brock
08-12-2005, 08:01 PM
wtf

eazyb81
08-12-2005, 08:02 PM
why hasn't Wilson been more involved in the offense? I was hoping he would be targeted a lot more then he has been, what's the deal?

Hammock Parties
08-12-2005, 08:04 PM
Gonzalez and Dunn are not playing, genious.

jspchief
08-12-2005, 08:05 PM
Well, we're missing our best blocking TE, so that doesn't help.

But I do think it looked like Gonzo's lazy TCs haven't helped any. He was really dogging it on blocking assignments.

Hammock Parties
08-12-2005, 08:06 PM
Oh, Gonzo IS playing? I thought he was sitting this one out.

Anyway, who cares. Tony Gonzalez does not need training camp.

penguinz
08-12-2005, 08:11 PM
Tony Gonzalez does not need training camp.
You must have missed his poor attempt at a block.

Hammock Parties
08-12-2005, 08:13 PM

Gonzalez does not need training camp.

Brock
08-12-2005, 08:43 PM

The season is over.

Pitt Gorilla
08-12-2005, 08:58 PM
Gonzo single-handedly blew up our shot at a goalline TD. That was embarrassing.

Mr. Kotter
08-12-2005, 08:59 PM
We should cut everyone of them tomorrow! ;)

nychief
08-12-2005, 08:59 PM

The guy is a first ballot Hall of Famer... just chill.

jspchief
08-12-2005, 09:02 PM
The guy is a first ballot Hall of Famer... just chill.Oh, well in that case he's exempt from picking up his blocking assignments.

It's amazing that any comment on a negative aspect of the team's play instantly makes you chicken little. HoF or not, Gonzo blocked like a puss tonight. Excuse me for not giving him a hand job for it.

Pitt Gorilla
08-12-2005, 09:48 PM
Hey, I certainly didn't say to cut them; however, they need to show up. Neither Gonzo or Wilson played like they should. I think a little film session will help to turn that around (assuming they have pride).

beer bacon
08-13-2005, 03:35 AM
They weren't going to show anything with Wilson. Tonight was all about the vanilla offense and Kris Wilson is the anti-vanilla.

mcan
08-13-2005, 04:03 AM
Oh, well in that case he's exempt from picking up his blocking assignments.

It's amazing that any comment on a negative aspect of the team's play instantly makes you chicken little. HoF or not, Gonzo blocked like a puss tonight. Excuse me for not giving him a hand job for it.

Gonzo missed one block, and really he did the right thing on that play. He blocked the inside guy and just put a sholder on the outside guy.

Area 51
08-13-2005, 06:02 AM
To me that play was too slow in developing. TG's assignment was not supposed to be block and sustain. It was a one yard plunge/dive type play. The backfield executed too slowly which gave the guy that TG was supposed to slow down for a second time to get into the play.

I would bet that after this games films are viewed and reviewed that he will change his tactics on that play. Then again, if Priest had of been the back getting the ball it would have probably been a TD because of his nose for the goalline.

Otter
08-13-2005, 06:17 AM
I'm willing to give gonzo the benefit of the doubt.

htismaqe
08-13-2005, 06:33 AM
To me that play was too slow in developing. TG's assignment was not supposed to be block and sustain. It was a one yard plunge/dive type play. The backfield executed too slowly which gave the guy that TG was supposed to slow down for a second time to get into the play.

I would bet that after this games films are viewed and reviewed that he will change his tactics on that play. Then again, if Priest had of been the back getting the ball it would have probably been a TD because of his nose for the goalline.

Even Priest Holmes can't run THROUGH Udeze...

Electric
08-13-2005, 06:38 AM
Even Priest Holmes can't run THROUGH Udeze...

I was speaking mostly of the speed the play developed, it was slow and basically uncoordinated. LJ is not the goal line back.

jspchief
08-13-2005, 07:27 AM
Gonzo missed one block, and really he did the right thing on that play. He blocked the inside guy and just put a sholder on the outside guy. He missed at least two blocks, and had a pass hit him in the hands that he dropped. He was dogging it almost the entire time he was out there, especially in run blocking.

I'm just a bit disappointed. You would think a guy would be jacked up to finally get out there and play, and he was just going through the motions. I think it's a reflection of his TC work ethic.

I'm not saying it's the end of the world, or we should cut him or anything stupid like that. I'm simply expressing my displeasure with his lackluster performance, especially considering the way the rest of our superstars came out and did their thing.

neckdemon
08-13-2005, 08:53 AM
Gonzalez does not need training camp.

this is a silly statement. even the best of the best (which gonzalez has proven he is) need to keep in shape and nee dto work hard at sustainging their level of play. haven't you ever heard of wasted talent? a guy with a ton of talent and who doesn't work hard at tranferring it into results is just that, a waste! btw, i hope for the chiefs sake that TG doesn't feel the same way about this as you do, cause if he thinks he can just dog it all off-seaosn and during TC and expect to just come in and dominate agaisnt guys who have been training hard to stop him, its going to be a long season for the chiefs.

the Talking Can
08-13-2005, 09:00 AM
i hope for the chiefs sake that TG doesn't feel the same way about this as you do, cause if he thinks he can just dog it all off-seaosn and during TC and expect to just come in and dominate agaisnt guys who have been training hard to stop him, its going to be a long season for the chiefs.

well, he's done exactly that every year of his career....

neckdemon
08-13-2005, 09:11 AM
well, he's done exactly that every year of his career....

hey its fine with me......cause what going to happen is that hes gonna be behind come opening day and it will just make it easier on our defense. i knwo he's not old yeat, but hes not getitgn any younger either. and after 9 years of taking a beating in the nfl, he's gonna have to start getting himslef into playing mode earlier if he wants to be up to par by thew time opening day rolls around. but hey, i hope he keeps on dogging it, cause like i said, it will just make our defenses job a littel easier on opening day. cause our defense has been training with a purpose, and they WILL be ready to roll from the first play on the 11th.

neckdemon
08-13-2005, 09:14 AM
one more thing. you betetr hope he doesn't miss too many blocks agaisnt our d-line. cause its probably the best in the nfl and our guys will take green's head off.

the Talking Can
08-13-2005, 09:17 AM
one more thing. you betetr hope he doesn't miss too many blocks agaisnt our d-line. cause its probably the best in the nfl and our guys will take green's head off.

ok...I'll send him an email

neckdemon
08-13-2005, 09:19 AM
ok...I'll send him an email

lol. ok then. but from what i've been reading it seems he was blocking like a pussy yesterday. i hope that trend continues!

the Talking Can
08-13-2005, 09:19 AM
hey its fine with me......cause what going to happen is that hes gonna be behind come opening day and it will just make it easier on our defense. i knwo he's not old yeat, but hes not getitgn any younger either. and after 9 years of taking a beating in the nfl, he's gonna have to start getting himslef into playing mode earlier if he wants to be up to par by thew time opening day rolls around. but hey, i hope he keeps on dogging it, cause like i said, it will just make our defenses job a littel easier on opening day. cause our defense has been training with a purpose, and they WILL be ready to roll from the first play on the 11th.

I bet McGraw will kill him, right?

oh wait...he was traded....Tony G doesn't give a shit about who plays defense for you...he'll do what he always does, make you look bad...

eazyb81
08-13-2005, 09:21 AM

Who are you a fan of, the Carolina Panthers or the Jacksonville Jaguars?

ROFL

Don't you worry about Gonzo, he will be ready to dominate by September 11th.

Shootr
08-13-2005, 09:26 AM
Have any of you guys talking about Tony G's work ethic in camp actually seen him work in camp?

I have...the first week of camp, and he probably works harder than ANYONE out there. When wasn't in drills, we was working one on one with the TE's coach. One of the things that stood out to me was the extra work that Tony was putting in compared to other guys. You guys don't have a clue what you are talking about.

neckdemon
08-13-2005, 09:26 AM
Who are you a fan of, the Carolina Panthers or the Jacksonville Jaguars?

ROFL

Don't you worry about Gonzo, he will be ready to dominate by September 11th.

uh, no. try the jets. you'll remember that defense after they come in and hold you guys down. jets 24-chiefs 17. normally i wouldnt even predict a team gaettign more than 14 points against us, but the chiefs have a damn good offense so i have to give them some credit.

neckdemon
08-13-2005, 09:28 AM
Have any of you guys talking about Tony G's work ethic in camp actually seen him work in camp?

I have...the first week of camp, and he probably works harder than ANYONE out there. When wasn't in drills, we was working one on one with the TE's coach. One of the things that stood out to me was the extra work that tha Tony was putting in compared to other guys. You guys don't have a clue what you are talking about.

hey im just going by what your felloe chiefs fans have been saying. and all i did was respond to a stupid stement that tony g doesn't need to do any kind of training. like i said, i hope he doesnt feel the same way. and if he is in fact working hard in TC then good for him, thats what he shoudl be doing.

eazyb81
08-13-2005, 09:32 AM
uh, no. try the jets. you'll remember that defense after they come in and hold you guys down. jets 24-chiefs 17. normally i wouldnt even predict a team gaettign more than 14 points against us, but the chiefs have a damn good offense so i have to give them some credit.

The Jets have the best DLine in the league? Now i've heard it all....:jester:

I'm saving this quote:

"you'll remember that defense after they come in and hold you guys down. jets 24-chiefs 17."

ROFL

Shootr
08-13-2005, 09:35 AM
The chiefs will put up 35+ on the Jets, that doesn't mean the Jets won't win, but it won't be because they held the Chiefs offense down.

the Talking Can
08-13-2005, 09:36 AM
normally i wouldnt even predict a team gaettign more than 14 points against us.

good lord you are a homer...

neckdemon
08-13-2005, 09:50 AM
good lord you are a homer...

homer? the jets defense held opponents to a 16 ppg average last year. and this year they have upgraded and will be even better. probably top 3. so how am i being a homer? btw, for the person that laughed at my statement about our d-line being the best. we have 3 pro-bowl caliber linemen on our defense....de john abraham, de shawn ellis, and dt dewayne robertson. we also have 2 very good nt's in mcgill and pouha (both of whom played very well yesterday). so you tell me who has a better d-line? and that not even mentioning our linebackers who are definitely a top 5 unit. so we have, arguably, the best front 7 in the nfl and you'll see just how good they are on sept 11th.

eazyb81
08-13-2005, 09:57 AM
homer? the jets defense held opponents to a 16 ppg average last year. and this year they have upgraded and will be even better. probably top 3. so how am i being a homer? btw, for the person that laughed at my statement about our d-line being the best. we have 3 pro-bowl caliber linemen on our defense....de john abraham, de shawn ellis, and dt dewayne robertson. we also have 2 very good nt's in mcgill and pouha (both of whom played very well yesterday). so you tell me who has a better d-line? and that not even mentioning our linebackers who are definitely a top 5 unit. so we have, arguably, the best front 7 in the nfl and you'll see just how good they are on sept 11th.

http://tinypic.com/aeuwwn.jpg

the Talking Can
08-13-2005, 10:02 AM
normally i wouldnt even predict a team gaettign more than 14 points against us,

good lord you are a homer...you D gave up more than that per game last year...so what the hell are you talking about?

neckdemon
08-13-2005, 10:20 AM
good lord you are a homer...you D gave up more than that per game last year...so what the hell are you talking about?

10 games last year we kepr the opposition to 14 points or under. we also had 7 second half shut-outs last year. and we have actaully upgraded our defense this year, not to mention its another year in the system. btw, i'm still waiting for you to tell me who has a better d-line than us.

neckdemon
08-13-2005, 10:23 AM
http://tinypic.com/aeuwwn.jpg

lol. calling me a dumb**** with no reasons to back it up. very convincing rebuttal! why don't you at least attempt to make an argument agaisnt what i said, or do you not know enough about what you are talking about to do so?

Bowser
08-13-2005, 10:23 AM
normally i wouldnt even predict a team gaettign more than 14 points against us.........

Look out '85 Bears and 2000 Ravens!!

:rolleyes:

neckdemon
08-13-2005, 10:26 AM

like i said last years stats dont lie. more than half our games we held the opposition to 14 points or under. how did the chiefs defense do?

eazyb81
08-13-2005, 10:26 AM

Please, the Jets are making a run at the 72 Dolphins.

HAVE YOU SEEN THEIR D-LINE?!?

neckdemon
08-13-2005, 10:39 AM
Please, the Jets are making a run at the 72 Dolphins.

HAVE YOU SEEN THEIR D-LINE?!?

they have a better chance at an undefeated season than do the 2005 chiefs.

stevieray
08-13-2005, 10:45 AM

Don't try to cash that check.

neckdemon
08-13-2005, 11:03 AM
Don't try to cash that check.

i never claimed that they would actually have an undefeated season. just that they have a betetr chance than the chiefs do. ask anyone (excluding chiefs and jets fans) and i'll bet the majority agrees with me.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-13-2005, 11:09 AM
2004 Jets

Sept. 12 Cincinnati - W (31-24)
Sept. 19 at San Diego - W (34-28)
Sept. 26 Open Date
Oct. 3 at Miami - W (17-9)
Oct. 10 Buffalo - W (16-14)
Oct. 17 San Francisco - W (22-14)
Oct. 24 at New England - L (7-13)
Nov. 1 Miami - W (41-14)
Nov. 7 at Buffalo - L (17-22)
Nov. 14 Baltimore - L (17-20 OT)
Nov. 21 at Cleveland - W (10-7)
Nov. 28 at Arizona - W (13-3)
Dec. 5 Houston - W (29-7)
Dec. 12 at Pittsburgh - L (6-17)
Dec. 19 Seattle - W (37-14)
Dec. 26 New England - L (7-23)
Jan. 2 at St. Louis - L (29-32 OT)1:00 p.m.

alanm
08-13-2005, 11:25 AM
this is a silly statement. even the best of the best (which gonzalez has proven he is) need to keep in shape and nee dto work hard at sustainging their level of play. haven't you ever heard of wasted talent? a guy with a ton of talent and who doesn't work hard at tranferring it into results is just that, a waste! btw, i hope for the chiefs sake that TG doesn't feel the same way about this as you do, cause if he thinks he can just dog it all off-seaosn and during TC and expect to just come in and dominate agaisnt guys who have been training hard to stop him, its going to be a long season for the chiefs.
At least he's getting in more work than Gates. I'm not worried about Gonzo's perceived lack of effort in a preseason game because you know he gives 100% once the games are for real. What I'd be most worried about is, if he goes about loafing and ends up getting one of his teammates hurt. :shake:

Iowanian
08-13-2005, 11:27 AM

With Who at Quarterback? Quincy Carter? The Jets have no chance of going undefeated if Bill Braskey were under center.

The Chiefs will hang 38 points on the Jets in week 1.

I'm not putting much into the TE play last night. Wilson didn't look great, but if you look closer, the passes he dropped, he had more guys on top of him than Gochiefs at a wine and cheese party.

I want the Chiefs to find a 3-4th DT that can actually play. I want the Young LBs to learn their assingments and keep containment. I want the 12 year Vet CBs to not get smoked by rookie 3rd teamers.

headsnap
08-13-2005, 11:27 AM
10 games last year we kepr the opposition to 14 points or under. we also had 7 second half shut-outs last year. and we have actaully upgraded our defense this year, not to mention its another year in the system. btw, i'm still waiting for you to tell me who has a better d-line than us.

2004 Jets

Sept. 26 Open Date
Nov. 1 Miami - W (41-14)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/clear.gif

Did you mean 14 points or under in the first half? :shrug:

alanm
08-13-2005, 11:32 AM
Boy, This is as close to a Taco'esque type prediction/statement if ever there was one. Does TJ have a Jet fan protege? :hmmm:

eazyb81
08-13-2005, 11:47 AM
Boy, This is as close to a Taco'esque type prediction/statement if ever there was one. Does TJ have a Jet fan protege? :hmmm:

True, although I have to say that Taco has a much less homo-erotic screen name then this "neckdemon" fellow.

:)

jspchief
08-13-2005, 12:00 PM
The only the reason the Jets had such a low PPG defense is because they played a bunch of sh*tty teams. Not everyone gets to play Miami twice per year, along with Arizona, Cleveland, and San Francisco.

New Jersey Jets faced an avg scoring offense of 16.25 (bottom half of the league).

They only played in 5 games against top 10 offenses in the regular season, the best being #4 SD who dropped 28 points on them. They gave up 20 points per game against those top ten offenses.

Your Defensive ranking last year is just like your W/L record. Inflated because of your easy schedule. The Jets won't know what hit them when they face KC's offense ay Arrowhead stadium.

jspchief
08-13-2005, 12:04 PM
one more thing. you betetr hope he doesn't miss too many blocks agaisnt our d-line. cause its probably the best in the nfl and our guys will take green's head off.If it's a passing play, he won't be in blocking for Green anyway, he'll be shredding the middle of the field to the tune of 12 yards per reception. Jason Dunn will be the TE putting your LBs on their ass.

And your "maybe" best D-line in the league will be going up against what's clearly the best O-line in the league.

neckdemon
08-13-2005, 12:20 PM
2004 Jets

Sept. 26 Open Date
Nov. 1 Miami - W (41-14)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/clear.gif

Did you mean 14 points or under in the first half? :shrug:

oppps sorry it was 9 games 14 points o runder with the pittsburgh game on the 12th where the steelers scored 17 ( i thought it was 14 sorry my memeory is a littel bit off). i wasnt far off though, i dont knwo what you are talking about otherwise.

neckdemon
08-13-2005, 12:23 PM
If it's a passing play, he won't be in blocking for Green anyway, he'll be shredding the middle of the field to the tune of 12 yards per reception. Jason Dunn will be the TE putting your LBs on their ass.

And your "maybe" best D-line in the league will be going up against what's clearly the best O-line in the league.

i'll give you that, you guys do have the best o-line in the league. but your line is aging while our line is just coming into their prime. i'll give you guys props with your offense being a very good one. i just think that our defense is going to do a pretty good job. i'm saying jets win 24-17. i'm actually giving your defense credit here. the game could look more like jets 35- chiefs 24. either way our defense holds your offense to less points than your defense will hold our offense to. btw, i seriously doubt that your offense hangs 38 points on us.

jspchief
08-13-2005, 12:26 PM
i'll give you that, you guys do have the best o-line in the league. but your line is aging while our line is just coming into their prime. i'll give you guys props with your offense being a very good one. i just think that our defense is going to do a pretty good job. i'm saying jets win 24-17. i'm actually giving your defense credit here. the game could look more like jets 35- chiefs 24. either way our defense holds your offense to less points than your defense will hold our offense to. btw, i seriously doubt that your offense hangs 38 points on us.You're kidding yourself about how good your defense is.

The few times it actually faced a quality O, it gave up 20 or more points. Almost half your games were against the bottom 10 offenses in the league.

neckdemon
08-13-2005, 12:38 PM
You're kidding yourself about how good your defense is.

The few times it actually faced a quality O, it gave up 20 or more points. Almost half your games were against the bottom 10 offenses in the league.

ok. whatever you say. just watch some football shows and see what the experts are saying. they even say we have what looks like can be a top 5 defense. i wonder what they are saying abotu your defenses outlook? lol.

stevieray
08-13-2005, 12:38 PM
i never claimed that they would actually have an undefeated season. just that they have a betetr chance than the chiefs do. ask anyone (excluding chiefs and jets fans) and i'll bet the majority agrees with me.

keep telling yourself that.

stevieray
08-13-2005, 12:39 PM
ok. whatever you say. just watch some football shows and see what the experts are saying. they even say we have what looks like can be a top 5 defense. i wonder what they are saying abotu your defenses outlook? lol.

ROFL

jspchief
08-13-2005, 12:45 PM
ok. whatever you say. just watch some football shows and see what the experts are saying. they even say we have what looks like can be a top 5 defense. i wonder what they are saying abotu your defenses outlook? lol.The same experts that picked San Diego to finish last in the AFC West last year?

And if you're saying that your D is better than KC's, you're probably right. That's not brain surgery. But looking at the teams you played last year, I see no reason to think your D is going to be able to keep our offense down. When the Jersey Jets faced good offenses, they gave up points. Period.

Chan93lx50
08-13-2005, 12:46 PM

You keep advoiding the facts!

Your team did not face any offensive Jaugernauts which hence inflated your D stats

Our O will score against your D you just better hope you can keep up!

go bo
08-13-2005, 12:49 PM
Oh, well in that case he's exempt from picking up his blocking assignments.

It's amazing that any comment on a negative aspect of the team's play instantly makes you chicken little. HoF or not, Gonzo blocked like a puss tonight. Excuse me for not giving him a hand job for it.Gonzalez does not need training camp.

go bo
08-13-2005, 12:54 PM
We should cut everyone of them tomorrow! ;)typical over-generalization...

you dirty democrat!! :p :p :p

(yes, people who dwell outside the d.c. forum - for good reason - may not have heard that kotter is a democrat, he is indeed just another pussified liberal...)

ok, my fingers are tired now and i can't think of anything else ridiculous to say about my buddy... (right now, anyway :D )

Rain Man
08-13-2005, 12:55 PM
This is fascinating. I've never seen a Jets fan before. I thought they became extinct in 1969.

go bo
08-13-2005, 12:55 PM

Your team did not face any offensive Jaugernauts which hence inflated your D statseven if our offense starts out a little slow (and i don't think it will this year), we still have enough firepower to score more than the jets will... :) :) :)

jspchief
08-13-2005, 12:57 PM
This is fascinating. I've never seen a Jets fan before. I thought they became extinct in 1969.Yea well, you'd keep a low profile too if you had to share a stadium with another half rate New Jersey football team.

Chan93lx50
08-13-2005, 12:59 PM
even if our offense starts out a little slow (and i don't think it will this year), we still have enough firepower to score more than the jets will... :) :) :)

Bingo!

go bo
08-13-2005, 01:00 PM
10 games last year we kepr the opposition to 14 points or under. we also had 7 second half shut-outs last year. and we have actaully upgraded our defense this year, not to mention its another year in the system. btw, i'm still waiting for you to tell me who has a better d-line than us.well, that's easy...

the denver bron-cos...

go bo
08-13-2005, 01:02 PM
Don't try to cash that check.zing! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Bowser
08-13-2005, 01:04 PM
It's good to see that the East Coast fans buy wholeheartedly into the East Coast media bias.

go bo
08-13-2005, 01:06 PM
This is fascinating. I've never seen a Jets fan before. I thought they became extinct in 1969.ROFL ROFL ROFL

Wile_E_Coyote
08-13-2005, 01:09 PM
homer? the jets defense held opponents to a 16 ppg average last year. and this year they have upgraded and will be even better. probably top 3. so how am i being a homer? ....
comedy gold

happy about barely beating a postseason Marty lead team

:whackit:

neckdemon
08-13-2005, 01:10 PM
even if our offense starts out a little slow (and i don't think it will this year), we still have enough firepower to score more than the jets will... :) :) :)

thats funny. my brothers highschool football team can score on the chiefs defense. your defense looked was like swiss cheese last night and i dont expect to see anything different when the jets come to town.

kcjayhawks5
08-13-2005, 01:11 PM
i dont like how the season started, we are DOOMED

Chan93lx50
08-13-2005, 01:12 PM
i dont like how the season started, we are DOOMED

Hmmm, thats funny because the season has not even started yet?

neckdemon
08-13-2005, 01:12 PM

Your team did not face any offensive Jaugernauts which hence inflated your D stats

Our O will score against your D you just better hope you can keep up!

we held the superbowl champs to 12 points. yeah ur right your offense will score, 17 points.

Bowser
08-13-2005, 01:13 PM
thats funny. my brothers highschool football team can score on the chiefs defense. your defense looked was like swiss cheese last night and i dont expect to see anything different when the jets come to town.

We'll see. But I can damn well guarantee that we'll see a noodle armed Pennington come to town, trying to throw deep in Heimerdingers offense. Should be fun!

stevieray
08-13-2005, 01:14 PM
we held the superbowl champs to 12 points.

wow. I'm surprised they just didn't give you the Lombardi.

Who is your starting QB?

neckdemon
08-13-2005, 01:16 PM
We'll see. But I can damn well guarantee that we'll see a noodle armed Pennington come to town, trying to throw deep in Heimerdingers offense. Should be fun!

yeah and he has the perfect defense to try it against. y'know what i'm revising my prediciton of how many points the jets will score against your defense. i'll be surprised if that defense can hold us to under 30 points.

Chan93lx50
08-13-2005, 01:16 PM

Thats fine, but your O better be ready to keep up with ours!

If we can beat the Colts in a shootout we sure in the hell can beat the Jets in a shootout

Thig Lyfe
08-13-2005, 01:17 PM
we held the superbowl champs to 12 points. yeah ur right your offense will score, 17 points.

This is getting pathetic. Baltimore (a proven Defense) gave up 27 points to KC.

jspchief
08-13-2005, 01:18 PM
we held the superbowl champs to 12 points. yeah ur right your offense will score, 17 points.Way to cherry-pick your stats. By the way, you held them to 13 and 23...never 12. And you still lost both those games.

You also gave up 32 to St Louis, 28 to San Diego, 24 to Cincy, 22 to Buffalo, and 20 to Baltimore. All teams with worse offenses than us.

Those amazing 2nd half shut-outs? Against Miami (29th in D), San Fran (30th), Cleveland (28th), Arizona (26th), Houston (20th), Seattle (12th), and NE (4th). Only two of those teams are worthy of bragging up your D against.

For the third time...You're using stats that are inflated by your cupcake schedule in '04.

Bowser
08-13-2005, 01:19 PM
yeah and he has the perfect defense to try it against. y'know what i'm revising my prediciton of how many points the jets will score against your defense. i'll be surprised if that defense can hold us to under 30 points.

Promise me that you will still post here after opening day. You're money with the comedy relief.

Rain Man
08-13-2005, 01:22 PM
Is this guy really a Jets fan? Every time he quotes a statistic, it's wrong.

I think Jets fans really are extinct, and this guy's an imposter. Let's give him a test.

Hey Jets fan,

1. Who is Matt Snell?
2. What color are the Jets' home jerseys?
3. Describe Paul Hackett in two words.
4. Is it legal to bring a gun into a stadium?
5. When throwing a hibachi onto a field, how long should you heat the coals prior to throwing?

neckdemon
08-13-2005, 01:24 PM
Thats fine, but your O better be ready to keep up with ours!

If we can beat the Colts in a shootout we sure in the hell can beat the Jets in a shootout

thats the stupidest thing i've ever heard. the colts defense is almost as pathetic as yours.

Thig Lyfe
08-13-2005, 01:25 PM
thats the stupidest thing i've ever heard.

Really?

Have you been reading your posts?

Chan93lx50
08-13-2005, 01:26 PM
thats the stupidest thing i've ever heard. the colts defense is almost as pathetic as yours.

Yeah and the Jets O = Colts O

neckdemon
08-13-2005, 01:27 PM
Is this guy really a Jets fan? Every time he quotes a statistic, it's wrong.

I think Jets fans really are extinct, and this guy's an imposter. Let's give him a test.

Hey Jets fan,

1. Who is Matt Snell?
2. What color are the Jets' home jerseys?
3. Describe Paul Hackett in two words.
4. Is it legal to bring a gun into a stadium?
5. When throwing a hibachi onto a field, how long should you heat the coals prior to throwing?

1. running back with the superbowl team. btw, i was born in 1975 so this quesiton would have been hard if not for the fact they won the superbowl.
2. duh, green and white
3. 5 words.....3rd and long draw play
4. is it legal to bang your sister in your stadium?
5. when calling your sister on the phone is it ok to also call her mom?

the Talking Can
08-13-2005, 01:27 PM
The only the reason the Jets had such a low PPG defense is because they played a bunch of sh*tty teams. Not everyone gets to play Miami twice per year, along with Arizona, Cleveland, and San Francisco.

New Jersey Jets faced an avg scoring offense of 16.25 (bottom half of the league).

They only played in 5 games against top 10 offenses in the regular season, the best being #4 SD who dropped 28 points on them. They gave up 20 points per game against those top ten offenses.

Your Defensive ranking last year is just like your W/L record. Inflated because of your easy schedule. The Jets won't know what hit them when they face KC's offense ay Arrowhead stadium.

I was too lazy to analyze this...but you're dead on...they're a good defense, but we've dropped 30 on better...

Thig Lyfe
08-13-2005, 01:31 PM
1. running back with the superbowl team. btw, i was born in 1975 so this quesiton would have been hard if not for the fact they won the superbowl.
2. duh, green and white

sounds like Redrum to me.

jspchief
08-13-2005, 01:31 PM
thats the stupidest thing i've ever heard. the colts defense is almost as pathetic as yours.Seriously dude, go brag up your D on the Miami, San Fran, Cleveland, and Arizona message boards.

Chiefs fans aren't impressed with you inflated, cherry-picked stats. The Chiefs averaged 10 more points per game than the average of the teams you faced last year. The Jets have no clue what kind of meat grinder they will be walking into.

Rain Man
08-13-2005, 01:35 PM

Incorrect. A true New Yorker would answer, "Never heard of him, and I was at the bar all night. What happened to him?"

2. duh, green and white

Incorrect. The correct answer is "Dragon snot."

Incorrect. The correct answer is "****ing Mother****er."

Incorrect. The correct answer is "Hey, if it's okay for Damien Robinson, it's okay for me."

Incorrect. The correct answer is "20 minutes."

Yeah, he's a New York fan. Anyone else would've had at least one correct answer.

Chan93lx50
08-13-2005, 01:45 PM
Ahhh hell man tell us how you really feel, that the NY Giants have a better QB than the NY Jets????

jspchief
08-13-2005, 01:48 PM
Ahhh hell man tell us how you really feel, that the NY Giants have a better QB than the NY Jets????I'm not sure about this, but I think the two teams share fans just like they share a stadium. The city flashes a colored Batman symbol on Saturday nights so the fans know how to dress on Sunday. Green means Jets, blue means Giants.

Pitt Gorilla
08-13-2005, 01:54 PM
I'm not putting much into the TE play last night. Wilson didn't look great, but if you look closer, the passes he dropped, he had more guys on top of him than Gochiefs at a wine and cheese party.

Ok, I laughed out loud on that one. Sorry, Gochiefs.

go bo
08-13-2005, 02:09 PM
Yeah, he's a New York fan. Anyone else would've had at least one correct answer.*snort!!* ROFL ROFL ROFL

go bo
08-13-2005, 02:12 PM
I'm not sure about this, but I think the two teams share fans just like they share a stadium. The city flashes a colored Batman symbol on Saturday nights so the fans know how to dress on Sunday. Green means Jets, blue means Giants.ROFL ROFL ROFL

btw. thanks for all the statistics...

it makes things a lot more interesting in these discussions...

and they always make a good point... :clap: :clap: :clap:

tk13
08-13-2005, 02:34 PM
I do think the Jets had one of the more underrated D-lines in the league, but on the other hand they did lose Jason Ferguson in the offseason. I'm not buying that whoever they put in there is going to have a better season, Ferguson was one of the better DT's on the FA market. The other three guys are good though. They aren't as good as the Panthers like Mr. Jet would have us believe, but they are a good unit. Doesn't mean we can't run them over in week 1 though... :D

beer bacon
08-13-2005, 02:48 PM

The Chiefs upgraded their defense as well. I am predicting they will have a great defense, probably the best of all time. The Jets will be lucky to not to have a negative point total at the end of this game.

kcjayhawks5
08-13-2005, 02:49 PM
neckdemon, why do you come over here trying to start shiit? if you dont expect to be hammered after everything you say then dont compare the jets to the chiefs.

neckdemon
08-13-2005, 02:53 PM
neckdemon, why do you come over here trying to start shiit? if you dont expect to be hammered after everything you say then dont compare the jets to the chiefs.

i didnt come here to start shit. i cam to talk about football. but when i repsonded to a silly statement that tony g caould basically shit around eating cheeseburgers all off-season and jerking off, and still come intot he league and be as dominant as ever, i get hammered. so then i defens myself. i'm sorry but i don't think that the chiefs will hang 38 points on a defense that, imo and many others, has the chance to be one of the top3 units in the league this year.

edit: btw who am i supposed to compare them to? this is the first team the jets are playing, i'm on a chiefs message board, am i supposed to compare them to oakland?

Rain Man
08-13-2005, 02:56 PM
The Chiefs upgraded their defense as well. I am predicting they will have a great defense, probably the best of all time. The Jets will be lucky to not to have a negative point total at the end of this game.

I agree. By the end of the game, the scorekeepers will be removing points from the Jets' score the previous time we played them.

tk13
08-13-2005, 03:01 PM
On the flipside to all these numbers you're throwing out. Traditionally, our offense has been pretty tough to stop in the first week, because we throw a lot of different new looks out there that the defense has no way to prepare for.

Skip Towne
08-13-2005, 03:17 PM
This is fascinating. I've never seen a Jets fan before. I thought they became extinct in 1969.
I thought all the Jets fans walked out the day Riggins did.

Rain Man
08-13-2005, 03:18 PM
We really should be razzing this guy about not winning a Super Bowl since the 1968 season. It's very rare that we get a chance to make fun of somebody like that in good conscience.

neckdemon
08-13-2005, 03:33 PM
We really should be razzing this guy about not winning a Super Bowl since the 1968 season. It's very rare that we get a chance to make fun of somebody like that in good conscience.

thats nothing i havent heard a million times before. all i can say to that is thats the past and i'm talking about this season.

beer bacon
08-13-2005, 03:50 PM
This thread needs to get serious again. Who is the better TE: Doug Jolley or Tony Gonzalez. Don't just vote for Tony G. because he is a Chief guys. Vote with your head, not your heart.

neckdemon
08-13-2005, 03:54 PM

i did a littel research and found out that the last superbowl you won (or appeared in for that matter) was superbowlIV in 1970. how can you seriously make fun of our superbowl drought when yours is right there with us?

beer bacon
08-13-2005, 03:55 PM
i did a littel research and found out that the last superbowl you won (or appeared in for that matter) was superbowlIV in 1970. how can you seriously make fun of our superbowl drought when yours is right there with us?

He addressed this in the post of his you quoted.

neckdemon
08-13-2005, 03:56 PM
This thread needs to get serious again. Who is the better TE: Doug Jolley or Tony Gonzalez. Don't just vote for Tony G. because he is a Chief guys. Vote with your head, not your heart.

nice comparison, take the best player on your team, who just happens to be the best at his position in the league, and compare him to our guy? makes alot of sense. jolley will be a productive TE for us, thats all that matters.

beer bacon
08-13-2005, 03:57 PM
nice comparison, take the best player on your team, who just happens to be the best at his position in the league, and compare him to our guy? makes alot of sense. jolley will be a productive TE for us, thats all that matters.

Tony G. is just Jason Dunn-lite as far as I am concerned.

stevieray
08-13-2005, 04:00 PM

hello, mcfly...

Thig Lyfe
08-13-2005, 04:01 PM

Good one. :rolleyes:

neckdemon
08-13-2005, 04:03 PM
hello, mcfly...

well i'm not up on the history of the chiefs so i didnt know.

htismaqe
08-13-2005, 04:11 PM
I can't believe this ****ing New York retard is still here...

Hammock Parties
08-13-2005, 04:16 PM

Calm yourself. If he shows his face after our win over the Jets on opening day, it will be worth it.

neckdemon
08-13-2005, 04:17 PM

whats ur problem? dont get mad at me cause your defense stunk it up last night. don't worry i'll be here until the game on the 11th. i'll even come by, like i said win or lose, and wish you guys well.

chefsos
08-13-2005, 04:21 PM

Maybe you oughta contact the Jest board and arrange fair compensation.

neckdemon
08-13-2005, 04:31 PM
Maybe you oughta contact the Jest board and arrange fair compensation.

come on over. we'd love to have you guys over for a few to talk some football. www.jetsinsider.com .

alanm
08-13-2005, 05:10 PM
I don't know why but I'm reminded of the dude who was a Steeler fan a couple of years ago who dropped by and started the "Men of Steel" thread. And started bragging on the Steeler defense. We all remember how that ended up. He's probably still shitting out crow feathers. You can read about how that went down in the Hall of Classics thread. ROFL ROFL ROFL

neckdemon
08-13-2005, 05:50 PM
I don't know why but I'm reminded of the dude who was a Steeler fan a couple of years ago who dropped by and started the "Men of Steel" thread. And started bragging on the Steeler defense. We all remember how that ended up. He's probably still shitting out crow feathers. You can read about how that went down in the Hall of Classics thread. ROFL ROFL ROFL

i read it. wondering why you banned him. i didnt see anything he said in there that was too bad that he shodl have been banend for. unless the post got deleted. anyway, i'll be here win or lose to either say i told you so or eat my crow.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-13-2005, 06:37 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20040813_NYJ@NO

BigRedChief
08-13-2005, 06:42 PM
i read it. wondering why you banned him. i didnt see anything he said in there that was too bad that he shodl have been banend for. unless the post got deleted. anyway, i'll be here win or lose to either say i told you so or eat my crow.
Prepare to be http://www.forumspile.com/Owned/Owned-Boxing.jpg

neckdemon
08-13-2005, 07:30 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20040813_NYJ@NO

wtf does the first game of last years preseaosn have to do with anything? why even bring it up?

Wile_E_Coyote
08-13-2005, 07:54 PM
wtf does the first game of last years preseaosn have to do with anything? why even bring it up?

I don't know....you're to sharp for me

stevieray
08-13-2005, 07:58 PM
wtf does the first game of last years preseaosn have to do with anything?

about as much as this years preseason. not much.

Beautiful
08-13-2005, 11:15 PM

OK are you a Raiders fan, a moron or you just can't type. And our D-line is the best in the NFL? I hope to god you aren't a Chiefs fan because that maybe the dumbass statement of the years if you are a Chiefs fan.

FloridaChief
08-13-2005, 11:25 PM
OK are you a Raiders fan, a moron or you just can't type. And our D-line is the best in the NFL? I hope to god you aren't a Chiefs fan because that maybe the dumbass statement of the years if you are a Chiefs fan.

How drunk are you?

neckdemon
08-14-2005, 04:34 AM

you call me a moron for a typo and then proceed to create a post like this? lol. hey do yourself a favor and never post on this thread again because you are really making yourself look stupid! not only do you need to get "hooked on phonics", you also need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills.

htismaqe
08-14-2005, 05:28 AM
come on over. we'd love to have you guys over for a few to talk some football. www.jetsinsider.com .

Yeah, I'm sure the guys at JetsInsider would just love for us to come over there and start off by telling everyone how the Chiefs are gonna "own" them.

I love how rival fans come here and talk shit and then when they get attacked, they pull the "I'm just here to discuss the game" shit.

****ing retards.

neckdemon
08-14-2005, 05:48 AM
Yeah, I'm sure the guys at JetsInsider would just love for us to come over there and start off by telling everyone how the Chiefs are gonna "own" them.

I love how rival fans come here and talk shit and then when they get attacked, they pull the "I'm just here to discuss the game" shit.

****ing retards.

it happens every week of the season. as a matter of fact we actually have some resident pansy fans who are on there 24/7 talking smack and trolling. it all comes with the territory. to have chiefs fans come over and explain to us why they think the jets will lose will be expected to happen. it's part of the fun in posting on a football message board. lighten up, man. it's not like i've been personally attacking anyone here.

htismaqe
08-14-2005, 06:02 AM
it happens every week of the season. as a matter of fact we actually have some resident pansy fans who are on there 24/7 talking smack and trolling. it all comes with the territory. to have chiefs fans come over and explain to us why they think the jets will lose will be expected to happen. it's part of the fun in posting on a football message board. lighten up, man. it's not like i've been personally attacking anyone here.

That would be cool, if that's what you actually had done.

Instead, your first post was "Our defense is going to shut you down and you're going to lose."

That's not "discussion".

So the idea that most here think you're a troll shouldn't be shocking, unless of course you ARE that stupid.

neckdemon
08-14-2005, 06:10 AM
That would be cool, if that's what you actually had done.

Instead, your first post was "Our defense is going to shut you down and you're going to lose."

That's not "discussion".

So the idea that most here think you're a troll shouldn't be shocking, unless of course you ARE that stupid.

y'know....you are taking my first post waaaayyyy too seriously. i responded to a comment someone made that basically said who cares if ty law signed with the jets cause he's gonna be riding the bench for a while anyway. at which i replied somehting like no he's not hes gonna be in the game helping to shut down your passing game. it sounds pretty harmless to me. it's not like i said "he's gonna be in there making your team look like a bunch of scrubs, cause thats all they are. and your coach sucks, and your defense can lick my balls etc...etc." you are taking a small littel comment and making nto something that it wasn't. like i said, lighten up, it was just supposed to be all in fun.

htismaqe
08-14-2005, 06:29 AM
y'know....you are taking my first post waaaayyyy too seriously. i responded to a comment someone made that basically said who cares if ty law signed with the jets cause he's gonna be riding the bench for a while anyway. at which i replied somehting like no he's not hes gonna be in the game helping to shut down your passing game. it sounds pretty harmless to me. it's not like i said "he's gonna be in there making your team look like a bunch of scrubs, cause thats all they are. and your coach sucks, and your defense can lick my balls etc...etc." you are taking a small littel comment and making nto something that it wasn't. like i said, lighten up, it was just supposed to be all in fun.

Taking it too seriously? Not at all. I tend to take seriously opinions that have merit.

It's not my fault you posted one thing and intended something different. Perhaps should think before spouting off.

Have fun, troll.

neckdemon
08-14-2005, 06:32 AM
Taking it too seriously? Not at all. I tend to take seriously opinions that have merit.

It's not my fault you posted one thing and intended something different. Perhaps should think before spouting off.

Have fun, troll.

ignorance truly is bliss, huh?

neckdemon
08-14-2005, 06:35 AM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by htismaqe
He'll look real good sitting on the bench at Arrowhead in a green uniform. I'm still betting he won't be ready Week 1.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello, jets fan here. guarantee you are wrong on this one. he WILL be our starting cb and he'll be shutting down your passing game come sept 11!

there it is my first post. almost exactly as i said it happened. try to spin that one.

edit: btw, now i see why your so upset, it was you who i responded to. a little sensitive are we?

Electric
08-14-2005, 08:56 AM
ignorance truly is bliss, huh?

Isn't a troll someone that is putting up crap on opposing teams bb's?

Although I hardly ever agree with htismaqe, he is far from being a troll. Never here and haven't seen it on other boards either.

You be the troll in this conversation (you and htismaqe).

htismaqe
08-14-2005, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe
He'll look real good sitting on the bench at Arrowhead in a green uniform. I'm still betting he won't be ready Week 1.

hello, jets fan here. guarantee you are wrong on this one. he WILL be our starting cb and he'll be shutting down your passing game come sept 11!

there it is my first post. almost exactly as i said it happened. try to spin that one.

edit: btw, now i see why your so upset, it was you who i responded to. a little sensitive are we?

Sensitive?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Have fun losing week 1, troll.

neckdemon
08-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Sensitive?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Have fun losing week 1, troll.

clue #2 that you are taking yourself a little too seriously when it comes to watching football:

when you think someone is losing just because the team they root for is losing the game, its time to re-evaluate your role in the world.

htismaqe
08-14-2005, 07:02 PM
clue #2 that you are taking yourself a little too seriously when it comes to watching football:

when you think someone is losing just because the team they root for is losing the game, its time to re-evaluate your role in the world.

I'm wondering why you took the time to tell me I'm taking myself too seriously, and ended up typing this.

It's called "figurative language". You, as a Jets fan, represent the Jets. We, as Chiefs fans, represent the Chiefs.

I'm sorry your 8th-grade education didn't afford you the opportunity to understand.

neckdemon
08-14-2005, 07:18 PM
I'm wondering why you took the time to tell me I'm taking myself too seriously, and ended up typing this.

It's called "figurative language". You, as a Jets fan, represent the Jets. We, as Chiefs fans, represent the Chiefs.

I'm sorry your 8th-grade education didn't afford you the opportunity to understand.

why? because you just seem to be taking this whole thing a little too seriously. getting pissed off as if i was talking against you or your kid. thats all. you could talk all the crap in the world against the jets and any of the players. i might not agree with it, but i sure as hell wouldn't get as worked up as you have gotten over it.

greg63
08-14-2005, 07:22 PM
Hey, I certainly didn't say to cut them; however, they need to show up. Neither Gonzo or Wilson played like they should. I think a little film session will help to turn that around (assuming they have pride).

True - Gonzo has been dubbed the best TE in the NFL, but Football is a game of "What have you done for me lately". I think he'll pick up his effort as the preseason progresses, and when it starts for real.

Electric
08-14-2005, 08:10 PM

You are giving him way too much credit. Studies have been completed and the data compiled that indicates the average Jets fan only has a 3rd grade education, it took 12 years, but only a 3rd grade education.

neckdemon
08-14-2005, 08:45 PM
You are giving him way too much credit. Studies have been completed and the data compiled that indicates the average Jets fan only has a 3rd grade education, it took 12 years, but only a 3rd grade education.

uh...no man.................just no.

HemiEd
08-14-2005, 09:00 PM
I missed almost all of the first quarter on NFL Network tonight, so Gonzo was already out. From what I saw, Kris Wilson made one good catch, missed one catchable ball, and missed three uncatchable balls that were poorly thrown. :shrug:

milkman
08-14-2005, 09:22 PM
I missed almost all of the first quarter on NFL Network tonight, so Gonzo was already out. From what I saw, Kris Wilson made one good catch, missed one catchable ball, and missed three uncatchable balls that were poorly thrown. :shrug:

What I saw was Kris Wilson pull up on a route that led directly to Huard's Int., and drop a ball that hit him right in his hands.

I was highly unimpressed, to say the least.

chefsos
08-14-2005, 09:26 PM
uh...no man.................just no.

Good Gawd man, disable your PM's now!

HemiEd
08-14-2005, 09:33 PM
What I saw was Kris Wilson pull up on a route that led directly to Huard's Int., and drop a ball that hit him right in his hands.

I was highly unimpressed, to say the least.

Did you watch the Chiefs telecast or the NFL Network one tonight? Just wondering, when they had a review, they mentioned that Vikings only had one camera angle.
Either that or I am probably just too slow to keep up possibly.
Let's say he did pull up on the route, was he supposed to continue or was he supposed to stop? Just asking, I don't know.

I was not impressed by his play either, but he sure did not Suck IMO. I hope he gets back to pre-injury form.

I thought Huard sucked though, Kilian looked like a keeper to work with.

Manila-Chief
08-15-2005, 08:51 AM
True - Gonzo has been dubbed the best TE in the NFL, but Football is a game of "What have you done for me lately". I think he'll pick up his effort as the preseason progresses, and when it starts for real.

I agree! It's preseason and he is recovering from surgery!!!

htismaqe
08-15-2005, 09:05 AM
why? because you just seem to be taking this whole thing a little too seriously. getting pissed off as if i was talking against you or your kid. thats all. you could talk all the crap in the world against the jets and any of the players. i might not agree with it, but i sure as hell wouldn't get as worked up as you have gotten over it.

See, this is where you went wrong.

I'm not taking this seriously. I am not "pissed off". I am not worked up.

I'm quite ambivalent actually.

I think you're a troll. I'm not upset in the slightest. I view it as a simple matter of fact.

milkman
08-15-2005, 06:21 PM
Did you watch the Chiefs telecast or the NFL Network one tonight? Just wondering, when they had a review, they mentioned that Vikings only had one camera angle.
Either that or I am probably just too slow to keep up possibly.
Let's say he did pull up on the route, was he supposed to continue or was he supposed to stop? Just asking, I don't know.

I was not impressed by his play either, but he sure did not Suck IMO. I hope he gets back to pre-injury form.

I thought Huard sucked though, Kilian looked like a keeper to work with.

I watched the NFL Network rebroadcast.

But they did show a replay that clearly showed Wilson just stop, and Huard threw the ball to the spot he should have been if he hadn't pulled up.

He tried to get to it after he stopped, and tipped it into the defenders hands.

Based on what I saw, my opinion is that Wilson just blew the route.