PDA

View Full Version : Boomer

B_Ambuehl
08-12-2005, 10:00 PM
I thought he played really solid at MLB particularly against the run in the 2nd half. A mistake in coverage was attributed to him that led to a first down on 3rd and long but that may have been the safeties fault.....they also showed him getting blocked inside on a long run in the first half but that was actually the right DE and ROLBs fault for losing outside contain - a problem they had all night.

But anyway Boomer made the 2 "fundamental" biggest plays of the game on defense if you ask me. At the beginning of the 3rd quarter he sprinted into the hole and absolutely killed the fullback and made the tackle at the line of scrimmage. He also dove over the top and smashed the RB on that goal line stand....too bad the announcers screwed it up and attributed that to Scanlon. He also made 4 or 5 other good plays in the running game. He may have also got a hand on that pass intercepted by Bartee

Pitt Gorilla
08-12-2005, 10:06 PM
His biggest problem looked to be conditioning. He was sucking wind most of the time he was out there. Part of that could be attributed to running special teams.

B_Ambuehl
08-12-2005, 10:09 PM
I think it's probably just adrenaline. You get so fired up to be out there and so intense that your heart rate gets up to about 140 just standing around then you start moving around like and forget to breathe. I box and see it all the time......a guy can go out and run 5 miles no problem but throw him in the ring for his first fight and he's ready to die 30 seconds into the fight.

Shag
08-12-2005, 10:15 PM
Boomer seemed over-amped tonight, and I think it hurt him. He ran himself out of plays a number of times, and looked completely lost in pass coverage. But, when he actually filled the right gap, he was solid - the play you mentioned when he took out the FB was a great play...

He also ran way out of his lane on the kickoff that resulted in a big return...