PDA

View Full Version : Did KCTV's Production of the game suck, or what?

teedubya
08-13-2005, 10:26 AM
I think quite possibly, that it was the worst produced sports event I have ever seen.

From the Blurry vision at the beginning of the broadcast, to misplayed graphics over live action, to skipping 4th down punts and going to commercial...

factor in teh black screen later on in the game and the fugged up audio.

Many things kept coming to my attention of what a piss poor product KCTV put on air.

They suck.

anyone else notice?

eazyb81
08-13-2005, 10:27 AM
I agree, that was by far the worst production I have ever seen. It was like a telecast of a high school football game.

Chan93lx50
08-13-2005, 10:33 AM
No, because it was the first live brodcast of the year for this crew

They had no live scrimage to get the production of the TV brodcast right!

Thig Lyfe
08-13-2005, 10:50 AM
I liked when they had the camera on Rich Baldinger for like 15 seconds without him knowing it.

morphius
08-13-2005, 11:09 AM
I thought it was the Chiefs crew, not CBS.

the Talking Can
08-13-2005, 11:22 AM
Baldinger is as talented with a microphone as Neil Smith.

BigRedChief
08-13-2005, 12:36 PM
The Chiefs have rights to their pre-season games. They choode the announcers, the broadcasters everything. King Carl didn't like some of Gruny's comments on the broadcast and the next year hr wasn't doing the games.

jspchief
08-13-2005, 12:40 PM
It is what it is. Pre-season games done by guys that can't get better jobs than the preseason games. It's not like they have the resources of a regular network broadcast.

Beats the hell out of nothing, which is what I used to get barring the occasional network covered pre-season game.

BigChiefFan
08-13-2005, 12:45 PM
I noticed Jayice Pearson asked the King specific questions like he kissing Carl's ass. Now it makes alot more sense.

Gav Daddy
08-13-2005, 12:58 PM
all i heard all night long, were blatantly, astute grasps of the obvious.

Halfcan
08-13-2005, 06:54 PM
I liked the five minute shot of Holcombs injured foot when you could hear action in the background.

Jc pearson is ten times the announcer as he was a football player-and that is not meant as a compliment.
Yeah the black screen was awesome, they should have gotton rid of the announcers and just should the game-no audio would have been fine. Halfcan

Dayze
08-13-2005, 07:21 PM
I was fond of the booth commenting " I"m not sure why Minnesota's challenging this....illegal contact downfield is not challengable".

Yeah, uhh...they were'nt challenging the penalty away from the play, they were challenging the WR caught the ball.

the game, like all years in the past and all present KCTV 5 productions of anything, sucked pipe.

Bob Dole
08-13-2005, 07:31 PM
Beats the hell out of nothing...

Which is exactly what Bob Dole got.

Halfcan
08-13-2005, 07:46 PM
I was expecting them to break into the movie Heidi any minute.

greg63
08-13-2005, 07:48 PM
I think quite possibly, that it was the worst produced sports event I have ever seen.

From the Blurry vision at the beginning of the broadcast, to misplayed graphics over live action, to skipping 4th down punts and going to commercial...

factor in teh black screen later on in the game and the fugged up audio.

Many things kept coming to my attention of what a piss poor product KCTV put on air.

They suck.

anyone else notice?

Yup, couldn't help but notice. It was pretty bad. :shake:

greg63
08-13-2005, 07:50 PM
I liked when they had the camera on Rich Baldinger for like 15 seconds without him knowing it.
Did anyone notice the camera fixed on Collins while he picked his nose?ROFL

greg63
08-13-2005, 07:59 PM
No, because it was the first live brodcast of the year for this crew

They had no live scrimage to get the production of the TV brodcast right!

Well, this would certainly explain the technical difficulties. Not blaming anyone, just making the observation that the production was less then stellar. But, of course, these kinds of things happen from time to time even in national network productions.

RedandGold
08-13-2005, 08:01 PM
Listening to Baldinger reminded me of when Will Ferrell played Jacob Silj (the guy who couldn't modulate his voice) on SNL.

Even as bad as the broadcast team was, I share the sentiment that a bad Chiefs broadcast is better than non at all.

greg63
08-13-2005, 08:06 PM
Listening to Baldinger reminded me of when Will Ferrell played Jacob Silj (the guy who couldn't modulate his voice) on SNL.

Even as bad as the broadcast team was, I share the sentiment that a bad Chiefs broadcast is better than non at all.

True, you and jspchief have a valid point. The only time I really put off by the coverage was when they lost the picture.

Halfcan
08-13-2005, 08:30 PM
OMG that was too funny-2 minutes of Collins picking his nose-then he flicked it-his best pass of the night.

greg63
08-14-2005, 02:42 PM
OMG that was too funny-2 minutes of Collins picking his nose-then he flicked it-his best pass of the night.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

chefsos
08-14-2005, 02:50 PM

Well, there's one guy who doesn't need TC- he's in mid season form.

greg63
08-14-2005, 03:02 PM
Well, there's one guy who doesn't need TC- he's in mid season form.

ROFLROFL The consummate professional.