PDA

View Full Version : The one player who MUST be cut.

Rain Man
08-13-2005, 11:49 AM
Brett Williams.

I was shocked that he made the team last year, and he's no better this year. He's lazy, he's slow, and he's going to get a QB hurt if he plays.

Did anyone else notice the one play where he was at RT and never even touched the defensive end lined up across from him? Huard went back to pass, the end did a speed rush, and Williams never even laid a hand on him. It was embarrassing.

wolfpack0735
08-13-2005, 12:31 PM
add two more to the list WOODS AND HAURD (let the rookie play)

jspchief
08-13-2005, 12:36 PM
add two more to the list WOODS AND HAURD (let the rookie play)Agree on Woods. It's clear his career is over.

I don't know about Huard, he did well at times, and made bad throws at other times. I agree on getting Kilian more playing time though.

siberian khatru
08-13-2005, 12:38 PM
Rain Man is to Brett Williams what ClearVision 1234 is to President Bush.

I expect him to start 17 anti-Brett Williams threads in the Lounge any minute now.

Wallcrawler
08-13-2005, 12:39 PM
Huard looked a thousand times more capable at the QB position than Todd Collins did in my opinion.

Collins needs to hit the bricks.

Brett Williams looks like crap, thats true, but that is often times going to happen when you play a guy who is a natural guard, at the tackle position. Welbourne didnt play well at tackle either. Some guys are just not cut out to play tackle.

go bo
08-13-2005, 12:40 PM

I expect him to start 17 anti-Brett Williams threads in the Lounge any minute now.
who? president bush?

go bo
08-13-2005, 12:44 PM
Huard looked a thousand times more capable at the QB position than Todd Collins did in my opinion.

Collins needs to hit the bricks.

Brett Williams looks like crap, thats true, but that is often times going to happen when you play a guy who is a natural guard, at the tackle position. Welbourne didnt play well at tackle either. Some guys are just not cut out to play tackle.hasn't williams played tackle all his life?

when he was drafted, i thought they were looking at him to eventually replace tait or roaf eventually...

did he even get on the field last year?

booger
08-13-2005, 12:46 PM
Brett Williams.

I was shocked that he made the team last year, and he's no better this year. He's lazy, he's slow, and he's going to get a QB hurt if he plays.

Did anyone else notice the one play where he was at RT and never even touched the defensive end lined up across from him? Huard went back to pass, the end did a speed rush, and Williams never even laid a hand on him. It was embarrassing.

Agreed.

He can not play tackle in this offense. Does not have the ability to be a Guard in this o Either. Seems to have very little athletic ability. Too bad we kept him instead of Ryan Lilja last year.

I see 9 olinemen making it. Roaf Waters Wiegmann Shields Sampson
Welbourn Bober Black are the top 8 with either Parquet, Ingram, or another Tackle not on our roster making the 9th guy.

I think Svitek has a chance to develop under Solari, but probably on th PS this year.

Rain Man
08-13-2005, 12:47 PM

Sometimes a man just has to stand up and not be afraid to post his anonymous criticisms on the Internet. I am proud to be that man.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got 16 more threads to create.

siberian khatru
08-13-2005, 12:48 PM
Sometimes a man just has to stand up and not be afraid to post his anonymous criticisms on the Internet. I am proud to be that man.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got 16 more threads to create.

Playa hata.

Zebedee DuBois
08-13-2005, 01:09 PM
Playa hata.

I think what Rain Man is saying is he wouldn't be a hata if Williams was a playa.

Rick
08-13-2005, 01:14 PM
[QUOTE=wolfpack0735]add two more to the list WOODS AND HAURD (let the rookie play)[/QUOT
I agree with cutting Woods, but Huard gets one more year as a 3rd stringer in my opinion. One year on the practice squad and Killian should take that job, unless we bring in someone else through next years draft- which needs to be done anyway with Green getting up there in age.

the Talking Can
08-13-2005, 01:25 PM
is Williams our backup RT? scary...hopefully Black would get the call...

go bo
08-13-2005, 01:59 PM
I think what Rain Man is saying is he wouldn't be a hata if Williams was a playa.ROFL ROFL ROFL

go bo
08-13-2005, 02:01 PM
is Williams our backup RT? scary...hopefully Black would get the call...i think that's why they're playing him at rt with the 1st team...

to see if there's any chance he could play there...

and it doesn't look like it... :(

DTLB58
08-13-2005, 02:01 PM
Hick's but he won't so Woods.

RedThat
08-13-2005, 02:11 PM
How about Eric Hicks?

Here is simply a player that MUST be cut in my eyes. He simply blows. I know that sounds harsh, but it isn't far from the truth. Hicks was dominated yesterday, dominated! But, as he is every Sunday, dominated. It is way beyond me how he receives so much praise from the coaches in general.

Just watch, Surtain will be a great addition. No doubt. But, it'll be guys like Eric Hicks that are gonna hurt us, because of his inability to provide a consistent pass rush. :shake:

Halfcan
08-13-2005, 03:13 PM
Add Todd Collins and his mysterious wrist injury after being totally ineffective. Junior is next-the guy just has no heart. John Booth and back to back off sides, Richard Smith is just a bonehead-steps out of bounds when wide open. Hutard was very aweful-he sucked in Miami also, so why is he even on our team. And last Cut King Carl-the guy is a totally dik-he is the one responsible for such lame talent through bad drafts and worthless FA pickups-washington and Ambrose come to mind.

tk13
08-13-2005, 03:19 PM
It has to be Patrick Surtain. Paying him all that money and he didn't even have an interception last night? What a bust. Another pissed away 2nd rounder by King Carl. Sigh.

siberian khatru
08-13-2005, 03:40 PM
It has to be Patrick Surtain. Paying him all that money and he didn't even have an interception last night? What a bust. Another pissed away 2nd rounder by King Carl. Sigh.

Yeah, Bartee really showed him up, didn't he? "Yo, Pat, this is how it's done ..."

Mr. Laz
08-13-2005, 03:45 PM
Brett Williams looks like crap, thats true, but that is often times going to happen when you play a guy who is a natural guard, at the tackle position
he played tackle all through college

i don't know what your previous name was ... but as wallcrawler i don't think i've ever seen you actually right about anything. :shake:

Brett Williams

College Bio
Played in 40 games (35 starts) during his career at Florida State … Started all 14 games at left tackle as a senior … Was a first-team All-America selection of NFL Draft Report, The Sporting News and the American Football Coaches Association … Earned first-team All-Atlantic Coast Conference honors and won the conference’s Jacob’s Blocking Trophy as the league’s top offensive lineman for the second straight year … Served as team captain … Started nine games at left tackle his junior season … Earned first-team All-ACC honors and claimed the league’s Jacob’s Blocking Trophy … Opened five games at left tackle as a sophomore, earning second-team All-ACC honors … Began the season as the starter, but an ankle injury kept him out of the lineup early in the season … Opened the final five games of the regular season … Played in 12 games his freshman campaign, starting the last seven games of the season at left tackle … Earned second-team All-ACC honors … Majored in Sport Management at Florida State.

milkman
08-13-2005, 05:34 PM
i don't know what your previous name was ... but as wallcrawler i don't think i've ever seen you actually right about anything. :shake:

I'm pretty sure this is the most accurate statement I've ever seen posted on this forum.

Otter
08-13-2005, 05:50 PM
How did you watch the game in your neck of the woods Rain Man?

B_Ambuehl
08-13-2005, 07:49 PM
I think Svitek has a chance to develop under Solari, but probably on th PS this year.

You can see from my sig. that I'm pulling for Svitek but unfortunately based upon what I saw last night I'm not sure he has the potential to play offensive tackle in this league. He looked slow and off balance and doesn't really have a good build for the position....he's big but his legs are long and skinny giving him a high center of gravity. Hopefully he does better in these next few PS games but it's gonna be tough for him.

Halfcan
08-13-2005, 11:03 PM
Svitek will make the pratice squad-but needs a lot of work. Future probowl???

go bo
08-14-2005, 12:08 AM
You can see from my sig. that I'm pulling for Svitek but unfortunately based upon what I saw last night I'm not sure he has the potential to play offensive tackle in this league. He looked slow and off balance and doesn't really have a good build for the position....he's big but his legs are long and skinny giving him a high center of gravity. Hopefully he does better in these next few PS games but it's gonna be tough for him.he's a project, like brain waters was when he first came to the chiefs...

if he can learn the techniques of playing tackle, he just might be a real find...

skinny legs can be fixed in the weight rooms...

and being tall has worked out pretty well for big willie...

J Diddy
08-14-2005, 12:21 AM
You can see from my sig. that I'm pulling for Svitek but unfortunately based upon what I saw last night I'm not sure he has the potential to play offensive tackle in this league. He looked slow and off balance and doesn't really have a good build for the position....he's big but his legs are long and skinny giving him a high center of gravity. Hopefully he does better in these next few PS games but it's gonna be tough for him.

I thought he played DT in college.

Put him on that line and let him go.

Logical
08-14-2005, 01:22 AM
Derrick Alexander must be cut.ROFL

royr17
08-14-2005, 02:36 AM
Some guys that play tackle in college just dont have what it takes for the pros, so they usually get moved to guard.

Thats what happened with John Welbourn. He wasnt good enough to play tackle so they moved him to guard.

Rausch
08-14-2005, 03:24 AM
Bartee.

Preferably from ear to ear...

royr17
08-14-2005, 03:41 AM
Bartee.

Preferably from ear to ear...

No. Woods goes before Bartee. From what i've heard Bartee is doin pretty darn good at Free Safety.

Give him at least another year. His contract saids that if he doesnt do something after year 2 then the last 2 years are voided and he becomes a free agent.

Rain Man
08-14-2005, 04:46 PM
How did you watch the game in your neck of the woods Rain Man?

An ESPN Sportszone is about 8 blocks from my office. They have sky-high prices, horrible service, bad seating, and they've shown every Chiefs preseason game for the past two seasons, so they're my favorite restaurant.

jAZ
08-14-2005, 05:47 PM

Comparing Brett Williams' accomplishments on the football field to GWBush's accomplishments in the White House seems exceptionally appropriate.

Thanks for the chuckle!

:)