PDA

View Full Version : 8-14 Roster breakdown.

booger
08-14-2005, 01:50 PM
Probably a little to early with 3 more preseason games left but what the hell.

QB- 4 players. keep 3
In- Green Collins
Bubble- Kilian Huard
Unless Kilian looks so good he won't clear waivers for the ps, I think they still say they stay with Huard as the #3.

RB 8 Keep 4-5
In- Holmes TRich Johnson
Bubble- Holcombe, Cruz, Brown, Smith Gado.
Have to wait and see what Holcombe's injury status is. If he is out long term, they could stay with Cruz but should pick up another FB to compete. The 3rd RB spot is pretty interesting. Brown shows the most special teams skills and smith can be a backup to Dante on punts and kicks. They also like Gado alot too.

TE 5 Keep 3
In- Gonzalez Dunn Wilson
Out- Thompson Kallfelz
Not much to say here.

Oline 16 Keep 8-9-10
In - Roaf Waters Wiegman Shields Sampson Welbourn Bober Black
Bubble- Ingram Parquet Svitek Williams Barnett
Out- A. Johnson M. Johnson
Peter Heyer is a NFLEL National player ( Germany I believe) who will spend the season on the PS as the 9th guy i believe.
I think they end up keeping 9. Welbourn Bober Black are very versitle but I could see Ingram or Parquet sneaking on. Svitek should clear waivers for the PS and Williams needs to find a new home. Might even see them look outside the team for the final spot.

WR- 12 Keep 5-6
In- Kennison Parker Hall Boerigter
Bubble- Horn Smith Thorpe Mitchell McIntyre
Out- Booth Hill Curry
Boe looks good and is running with all the ST units too, which IMO is a good sign he is all the way back from the knee injury. Horn would be tough to cut. Thorpe seems to catch everything and I think McIntyre could be a special teams ace. Smith looks good as well and we have to see how Mitchell plays if his knee holds up. These final 1-2 spots will be very competitive until the final cut.

ST's K P LS 4 keep 3
In- Gammon Colquitt
Bubble- Tynes
Out- Murphy
Just need some consistancy from Tynes. IMO they should cut Murphy now and bring in a kicker for the last 3 weeks to keep on Tynes.

booger
08-14-2005, 02:08 PM
DL 14 keep 8-9
In- Hicks Sims Dalton Allen Browning Hall
Bubble- Wilkerson Long Dixon Sharpe Siavii Mitchell
Out- Ville Jones
I see wilkerson as probably making it as he can play DT as well. We need to see Long play to see if he is the real deal or not as well. Seemed to show some pass rush ability early in camp. The 4th DT spot is up for grabs and Siavii sure hasn't earned it as of yet. I could see us looking outside for a player here too.

LB 13 Keep 7
In- Bell Johnson Mitchell Fox
Bubble- Fujita Grigsby Stills Griffen Scanlon Caver
Out- DeRonde
Pup- Barber
IR or Retire or Cut- Maslowski
I think it would be very surprising to see Stills cut. He did pretty well at LB in the game the other night as well. I see 1 spot at MLB and 1 more (after counting Stills) at OLB. I think Caver is pretty much a goner unless he starts practicing soon. He was good on special teams but I think he is way down the depth chart as far as playing LB. I see it as a pretty good battle as to who makes it between Fujita and Griffen. At MLB I say Boomer has the edge on Scanlon as well. Boomer was out of place, but he has alot more explosion and intensity between the two. Scanlon has played OK but hasn't done anything on Special teams or LB to stand out.

CB- 8 keep 5
In- Surtain McCleon Sapp
Bubble- Hodge Ambrose Washington
Out- Perkins
IR- Battle
4GM Suspension- Warfield
Another tough one. As of now I see Ambrose and Hodge making the 4th and 5th spots. Really havn't seen much good things past the first 3 in Surtain Sapp and McCleon. Definatly another spot to watch for a guy on the waiver wire as well.

S 8 keep 4
In- Knight Wesley Bartee
Bubble- Harts Pile Connot
Out- Woods
NFI list- Canonico
I'd say just about everyone at safety besides Knight and Wesley is getting totally screwed by JW still running with the second team. Bartee has looked pretty good at SS but I think he would do even better as Wesleys backup at FS instead of Woods. Pile deserves some time after Bartee and Harts and Connot could have a good competition going for the backup SS spot. While I respect what Woods has done and he was a favorite of mine, I see no value in keeping him around with some talented players that need time to compete for backup jobs.

go bo
08-14-2005, 02:44 PM
Probably a little to early with 3 more preseason games left but what the hell.

WR- 12 Keep 5-6
In- Kennison Parker Hall Boerigter
Bubble- Horn Smith Thorpe Mitchell McIntyre
Out- Booth Hill Curry
Boe looks good and is running with all the ST units too, which IMO is a good sign he is all the way back from the knee injury. Horn would be tough to cut. Thorpe seems to catch everything and I think McIntyre could be a special teams ace. Smith looks good as well and we have to see how Mitchell plays if his knee holds up. These final 1-2 spots will be very competitive until the final cut.

* * *i knew i liked you... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

booger
08-14-2005, 02:50 PM
i knew i liked you... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
ROFL

Really if Parker has any struggles I could see Boe making a push to claim the #2 spot. It's definatly great to see him back. In the case he does fight for a starting spot someone like McIntyre would have to step up for the special teams duties.

Nightfyre
08-14-2005, 02:51 PM
Boe may take the number two spot if not because he is a big possession receiver.

go bo
08-14-2005, 02:52 PM
DL 14 keep 8-9
In- Hicks Sims Dalton Allen Browning Hall
Bubble- Wilkerson Long Dixon Sharpe Siavii Mitchell
Out- Ville Jones
I see wilkerson as probably making it as he can play DT as well. We need to see Long play to see if he is the real deal or not as well. Seemed to show some pass rush ability early in camp. The 4th DT spot is up for grabs and Siavii sure hasn't earned it as of yet. I could see us looking outside for a player here too.

S 8 keep 4
In- Knight Wesley Bartee
Bubble- Harts Pile Connot
Out- Woods
NFI list- Canonico
I'd say just about everyone at safety besides Knight and Wesley is getting totally screwed by JW still running with the second team. Bartee has looked pretty good at SS but I think he would do even better as Wesleys backup at FS instead of Woods. Pile deserves some time after Bartee and Harts and Connot could have a good competition going for the backup SS spot. While I respect what Woods has done and he was a favorite of mine, I see no value in keeping him around with some talented players that need time to compete for backup jobs.while i agree with you that junior hasn't lived up to expectations, which is probably due more to his immaturity and poor work ethic than lack of raw physical talent...

even though i was behind him when we picked him, i have been disappointed by his lack of progress over the off season...

he sure looked like crap sucking oxygen on the sideline while everybody else was doing ok as far as conditioning...

unfortunately, he looked like crap on the field too...

speaking of crap, he looked pretty good in the preseason game, although he seems to have a lot to learn about route running...

i think crap makes the team over horn, booth and the rest...

btw, great topic and pretty good picks overall...

kudos... :toast:

go bo
08-14-2005, 02:55 PM
Boe may take the number two spot if not because he is a big possession receiver.possession receiver?

i don't think so...

bo is a deep threat (he is very fast for a white guy - hell, he's fast for any guy - except maybe dj)...

and he's a red zone threat (see rookie year)...

now if he can just recapture some of that magic from his rookie season, we will be all right at wr (i think paker will start at #2)...

Nightfyre
08-14-2005, 03:10 PM
He may be a deep threat, but hes still the number 2 possession guy in my book (behind Gonzo.)

booger
08-14-2005, 03:18 PM
while i agree with you that junior hasn't lived up to expectations, which is probably due more to his immaturity and poor work ethic than lack of raw physical talent...

even though i was behind him when we picked him, i have been disappointed by his lack of progress over the off season...

he sure looked like crap sucking oxygen on the sideline while everybody else was doing ok as far as conditioning...

unfortunately, he looked like crap on the field too...

speaking of crap, he looked pretty good in the preseason game, although he seems to have a lot to learn about route running...

i think crap makes the team over horn, booth and the rest...

btw, great topic and pretty good picks overall...

kudos... :toast:

I agree Totally on Junior. We need to find a way to motivate him and fast. He just seems to have to expression and seems to have a look on his face that he could care less. Definatly has the potential. Last year first game against denver he had the big time sack down inside the 20. He had a handful of plays where he just tossed his guy aside effortlessy and make a tackle for a loss.

They'd be taking a big gamble cutting crap and trying to keep him on the taxi squad. Totally agree with the route running. He does seem to do a good job of catching the ball. Booth crapped all over himself with the back to back false starts and his only hope is the practice squad. Horn, even though he isn't flashy, will be tough to cut unless some others like Smith and McIntyre show skills at WR and coverage and return teams. Who knows what the Fredex deal is, hopefully he can play this saturday against the cards.

:toast:

Pitt Gorilla
08-14-2005, 03:28 PM
Good breakdown.

rocks
08-14-2005, 03:33 PM
Great breakdown, I would like to add that after a week in camp watching practice I think Svitek has a really good chance of makeing the 53. IMO

booger
08-14-2005, 03:38 PM
Other than the obvious holding call, I was pretty impressed with Svitek on how he looked at LT. Especially that it is his first time playing offense.

He could crack the final 53 if they are totally convinced that the Starting 5 and Bober black and Welborn will hold up.

I'd say it's a safer guess that he clears waivers for the taxi squad, but stranger things have happened.